• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 837 Views, 20 Comments

The Knights of Fiction - Yoh_3



The Recounting of Isaiah Aarons, Knight of Fiction, and his experiences protecting MLP FIM

  • ...
 20
 837

Wait I'm Not Ready For My Close-Up

Chapter 2
Wait I'm Not Ready For My Close-Up

I woke up feeling like I'd been ran over by a particularly malicious truck. I slowly opened my eyes to find that I'd been left in a particularly dense forest. The trees blocked out any view of the sky except for a select few spots where rays of sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting shadows that looked more sinister than they probably should have. There was a thin cloud of fog, that also caused shadows that, again, looked more sinister than they should've. Strange sounds echoed from deeper in the forest that, would I have been on earth and not had just woken up very much alone in a strange place, would have been kinda soothing, however this wasn't earth and I had most definitely just woken up in a strange place with no one else around, so the effect just made the forest seem even more sinister. I was noticing a pattern with this place and I wasn't liking it, so I made a decision and decided it would be smart to leg it to somewhere that would at least be conceivably safer then there.

I stood up, more then ready to put my plan into action, and sat right back down when I felt a pang that felt like someone had just hammered a railroad spike into my head. It was around then that I noticed that I had, indeed, been reverted to a toddler. I was about 4 feet shorter than I had been and I appeared to be missing about 100 pounds. My shirt hung loosely off me like I had just been fasting for a few months, my pants were so long on me that I had to roll up the legs about thirty times just so I wouldn't look like I had been using blue denim for toilet paper that had stuck it self to my shoes, which, by the way, were about 10 sizes to big. So all in all I must have looked pretty damn silly.

So I was sitting there taking in my predicament while silently cursing the name of the 'genius' who had decided to dump little ole toddler me in a strange forest, when I heard a sharp intake of breath behind me. I jumped up, spinning around to face the new arrival reaching for my sword, however, because of my too large for my feet shoes, I landed right back on my butt, where I promptly remembered that I didn't have my sword. Bloody freakin' geniuses those technicians, I tells ya'.

The creature who stood before me could only be described, with any justice, as Radiant. She (I was assuming that it was a she at this point) stood at about the height of a normal horse, but that was the last thing that could be described as normal about her. Her coat was white, but not just white, it was the white of something at the most extreme of heat. Her mane and tail were long, flowing, rainbow colored, and they were constantly moving. She had a horn that jutted out of her forehead about a foot. She, also, had a pair of wings which, at the time, were folded compactly to her sides. She wore golden boots, a necklace, and a Tiara. The Necklace and Tiara both had an amethyst embedded into them. She was flanked by a pair of what I guessed were guards. The 2 guards were both much shorter then her, white with blue eyes, wore golden armor, and had wings like her, but much smaller looking.

The Regal pony stepped towards me, stooping her head to get a better look at me. Her eyes were violet, and I also saw something else in those eyes. There was a twinkle in them, a twinkle that told me that 'hey I may be serious when I need to be, but I also know how to have fun when I want to.' I also spied an image of the sun on her flank.

She lied down in front of me, her legs folding under her body, and stared into my eyes. She lied there, gauging me I assumed, for a couple minutes, not blinking. After the third minute, when I started questioning what she wanted, she nodded her head, smiled and said "Why hello there Little One."

One of the guards coughed then, causing the Graceful pony to turn and look at said guard, a questioning look probably flashing onto her face.

"Princess Celestia I would Advise moving away from the creature, we don't know when his mother could be back."

At this notion Celestia 'pshed' and and moved here hoof in a motion that can only be described as a hand wave (hoof wave?) "Oh Sergent Warden Hooves, you've always been a worry wort about things like this, Lighten up a bit."

At this Sergent Warden Hooves looked away, his face reddening a bit, while the opposite guard tried to, quite unsuccessfully, hide a little smirk.

Princess Celestia Turned back to me then, a small smile on her face.

"Now then Little One, what's your name?"

I had take a little bit to swallow and find my voice before I answered, "Isaiah." My voice came out scratchy and a little bit high pitched.

Both the guards look surprised that I was actually able to speak, although Princess Celestia Seemed to be taking it in stride.

"A very good name," she said, nodding her head, "Now, where's your mother Isaiah?"

Well that might have been a problem, because at the time my mother was in upper New York, Furiously trying to get her book published, but I couldn't rightly tell her that. I could always lie, but something told me that she'd know if I lied and I didn't need her getting suspicious of me. That left me with one choice, Vagueness!

"Not here."

"Hmm," Celestia hummed to herself, standing up, "Well we can't rightly leave you alone in the Everfree forest and hope your mother comes back soon." the princess stood there for a moment before finally coming to a decision, "Well come along Isaiah."

"Huh?" me and the 2 guard said in unison.

"You three heard me."

"B-b-but Princess Celestia..." Sergent Warden Hooves Stammered.

"No buts Sergent," Celestia Chided, "Come now Isaiah." she said, already moving away.

I weighed my options. Either go with someone I had just met, but seemed nice enough or stay in a hostile looking forest with no ways to defend myself and hope I found a way to survive. Lets just say the decision wasn't that hard.

I stood up, toddled for a few seconds, trying to get my feet under me, and quickly followed after her.

---2 Years Later---

For a year or so after Celestia found me in the Everfree Forest all I really did around the castle was grow, learn about the world of ponies, take up space, and eat food that was set in front of me. When it was eventually decided that I needed to make myself useful, Celestia decided to make me her personal clerk. Basically It was my job to write Celestia's letters, read through paperwork, and just generally push a lot of papers.

One Day in particular stands out to me. It was the day of the Entrance Exams for Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns (say that 5 times fast) and it was my job to sort through the applications for the hopeful future students. The Task didn't exactly excite me. So there I was, flipping through the forms, quickly noting that everything seemed to be in order. Then there was one that I just stopped on, one I couldn't flip past for reasons that I wouldn't have been able to explain. The form had a picture that depicted a small filly with a purple coat and mane with streaks of lavender and pink in it. The Form said her name was Twilight Sparkle, daughter of Starlight and Midnight Sparkle. On the line that should have said what her talent was it just said 'Undiscovered'.

"Hmm, a blank flank, that's interesting." I murmured entirely to myself. However there was something else about her, something that wasn't the fact that she was a blank flank, some kinda feeling that she was special in someway. I was sitting there contemplating this feeling when I felt a presence that I shouldn't have for 13 more years, The Camera.

For the Uninitiated among us an explanation is in order. The Camera is the name the Knights of Fiction has given for the force that watches and records the worlds of fiction. Not much else is know about it other that simple fact but it's first appearance usually means 2 things. First the series has officially started, and second the fanon threats would start rolling in soon. This isn't always the case, but 9 times out of 10 that is most definitely the case. Now again that's not usually a problem because there's usually a Knight ready to start protecting the series. However, while I was most defiantly a knight, I was certainly not ready. First of all I was still very much a kid, and secondly I still hadn't gotten my sword back.

So you can kinda understand my panic when I went sprinting out of the processing room in search of The Camera. My senses told me that The Camera was in the Examination room, so I pounded down the ramparts, gaining me a couple of strange looks from the Guards on duty. I was about halfway there when I heard a giant Explosion from overhead. Whipping my head to look at the sky, I saw a giant ripple of rainbow colors. The ripple seemed to originate from a place that I estimated was around Cloudsdale. A few seconds later I heard a great crashing sound. I looked back up and saw what looked like a giant stuffed dragon I had when I was younger sticking out of the roof of the Examination room. This urged me to run faster.

I finally reached the examination when the presence of The Camera Suddenly Disappeared. Out of breath, and nursing a stitch in my side, I stumbled into the room, where a strange sight greeted me. In the room stood Princess Celestia and around her bounced the filly from the form before, who was shouting 'yes' gleefully multiple times, however something wasn't quite what it said on the form. On her flank instead of just a bit of her purple coat, there was a Cutie Mark that depicted a star with 5 small sparkles around it. Moving on to another oddity, on a pile of squashed straw and smashed wood sat a baby dragon obliviously sucking on it's own tail. The Examiners looked like they had just been dropped, and finally by the doors of the room stood a Mare and Stallion who looked like they were trying to shake off something that wasn't there, I went ahead and assumed that they were Starlight and Midnight.

After about a minute, Celestia noticed me standing there, and the smile on her face grew a bit more.

"Ah Isaiah," she said, a bit of laughter coming through her voice, "come, meet my new Protege."