• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 8,873 Views, 326 Comments

Operation: Homecoming - RoadRunneR



"Home is where the heart is." It's been fourteen months. Does Celestia know where her heart is? Where is her home?

  • ...
23
 326
 8,873

Disclaimer A.K.A. Readme.txt

This story is a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic crossover which relies somewhat on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. lore. There are spoilers, you’ve been warned. Constructive criticism and comments are appreciated and encouraged. After all, how can I improve if nobody points out my mistakes?

The events happen right as season three of FIM comes to a closure, and after S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.

This story is a sequel to See the Zone and Survive. Reading it is highly recommended to know the characters and what the fuck is going on in general.

Most characters and locations, if not all, are based upon existing characters and places existing in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R., My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and all other trademarks present in this story belong to their respective owners. This is a non-profit work of fiction, written out of boredom and the fact that there aren’t enough S.T.A.L.K.E.R./FIM crossovers, despite both franchises having amazing lore.

TL;DR: GO READ THE PREQUEL.

IMPORTANT NOTE

I wasn't happy with some details in STZAS, and will have them modified in the foreseeable future. That said, I will start this story as if these details have been changed. I'm talking about several things, namely

=> Celestia and Strider's relationship: in STZAS, it was rushed, and I didn't take time to fully develop it past the stage of 'awww, they're in love'. I plan to change that. It will be difficult though.

=> Vano's fabulousness: Fuck you guys I'm not changing that. What's manlier than a manly man who loves manly men?

=> Plot holes: Not these ones, get your minds out of the gutter. I'm talking about story discrepancies. I should have developed the Merc side more, explored each character more, and made the story more coherent. Also, put more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. lore in the story.

=> Guns: I like guns. I like guns so much I wished I lived in the US, healthcare be damned. That said, don't know jack shit about them other than they're cool, hence why I will change a few details about them in the original fic, change that will cascade on this sequel.

FOR INSTANCE:

- Vano's machine gun: the PKM is made to be used from a prone position, fired in controlled bursts, blah blah blah. Vano's a huge guy and he's cool enough to handle such a gun offhand, while moving, while bursting through a concrete wall in a powered exoskeleton.

- Strider's sniper rifle: Not changing any of that. He'll still have his big-ass BFG.

- Strider's other guns: He will still have two pistols, but different, and he will almost never use them. Pistol are highly impractical in combat. To fill the CQB niche, he'll have a lightweight carbine, a FN FAL 50.62 with shortened barrel.

- Celestia's DMR: Saiga rifles make poor DMR's. Hence why I'll give her a modified FN FAL 50.42 instead. Much more common in black market stockpiles, and they actually have milled receivers and heavy barrel comes standard, better for accuracy.

- Celestia's other guns: She'll keep the Predator, only it's a 4 gauge KS-23, not a 12 gauge Mossberg 88 now. She'll only use her FN Minimi at rare times. A shotgun makes more sense with her loadout. She'll keep her little Makarov, but it will keep its original caliber.

It is to be noted that while these guns will make an appearance, they most likely won't be part of the characters' primary loadout. I'll play around a bit with what's realistic and what's cool.

Author's Note:

So here it comes! The not so long awaited sequel to See the Zone and Survive! Enjoy!