• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 2,448 Views, 69 Comments

Transformers Prime: The Equestrian War(Revival in Progress) - ALoyalAutobot



The dawn of a new war is eminent. New allies are made and new enemies are fought. The war from another world is coming to Equestria...

  • ...
16
 69
 2,448

The Unseen Threat

TELETRAN ONE: ONLINE
SCANNERS: ONLINE
COMMUNICATIONS GRID: OFFLINE
LINKING HUD NETWORK: ORIAN PA-ER-ER-ER OPTIMUS PRIME

LOCATION: EARTH AUTOBOT HEADQUARTERS
TIME: 11:47 P.M.


Optics are optimal, CQC battle computers are fully operational, weapons are deactivated. Checking one more time before disconnecting the status HUD, I took a deep sigh. I stand facing away the ground bridge. From where I stand, turning left looking down the corridor, leading deeper into the base. To the right wing is where it leads to the outside. In front, a smaller scale of primitive, but efficient, machinery. Before, this was used as a military bunker by the humans.

Standing in front of me are four of my most trusted, compassionate, and loyal Autobot soldiers. Sitting down from my left, our team's young scout, Bumblebee. He's a young, less-experienced warrior and not without being naïve, but his courage and determination makes him our best scout.

Turning to the right a bit is our team's medical officer and scientist, Ratchet. He is an old war veteran with some temper, but beneath the old age and battle experience is a caring, concerned and considerate Autobot.

To my furthest right stands the largest and mightiest Autobot of our team, Bulkhead. His large appearance and intimidating stance will deceive some sentient beings for being a careless killing machine, but his inner strength and cautious nature makes him a "gentle giant" as the children would compare.

Turning a little to the left is the last, but not at all in slightest the least, is the team's second scout and sniper, Arcee. One of the few female Autobots to ever live through the war on Cybertron and has suffered hardships, but her loyalty to the Autobots and Team Prime is unquestionable.

My name is Optimus Prime; leader of the Autobots. We've taken refuge on Earth to collect energon stockpiles to aid in our survival with our home world of Cybertron being unable to support life.

My gaze turns to the medic, "Ratchet, have you completed the ground bridge repairs?" I asked the medic.

Ratchet faces away the console to address my question. "The fuel lines are intact, satellite connection is stable, energon flow is fluent, and," he pauses, taking his right hand and patting the side of the console, beaming a little with pride, "I managed to defrag the hard drive. We should come and go without any problems in global transportation. Though, I keep having to reset the password. How is Rafael even able to crack them? They're in Cybertronian for Primus' sake!"

Bumblebee voiced his opinion in the only way he can that our team and his close human friend, Rafael, are capable of understanding. Letting out soft chuckles. If he were able to, he would be smiling. Arcee took a turn to smile before commenting, "Just because he's a human, doesn't mean he's dumb, Ratchet. Even a scientist would've figured this out by now."

He eyes Arcee and Bumblebee for a moment, then turns to his console screen sulking his head. Grumbling something I couldn't make out.

"Why aren't we out there fighting the Cons? They could be looking for the relics right about now," Bulkhead says while he collides his fists together. Impatience radiating around him.

With Megatron in possession of three Iacon relic coordinates, it is only a matter of time before he claims the first one. The longer we delay, the greater the risk he will get his hands on them. However, I spoke to counter Bulkhead's impatience, "Bulkhead, you have every right to be concerned. But one is only capable of doing so much, and Ratchet is no exception."

Bulkhead didn't back down, "What if we all pitch in then? We could fix it faster, then bridge to the relics and start digging them up before the Cons do!" he grins, appearing satisfied his plan sounds foolproof; It is anything, but...

Ratchet turns from his console, glaring at Bulkhead, "What do you know about space bridge technology?! You are only capable of smashing things than fixing! Along with a few reminders of what you did to my equipment! I wouldn't have to be improvising with what little I got," he fumes, proving his point by motioning towards a container of the medic's once functional equipment.

Bulkhead tried to make a comeback, but fell short. He sulks his head before walking to another section of the base. It maybe for the best. If we are to make what's left of the relics, then we will wait. "Ratchet, how much longer before the bridge is operational?" I ask.

"I should be nearly finished. I just need to do a test run before any of us even thinks of using it," he says. After he punches a few codes in, he pulls the switch.

I turn around facing the machine in-question. The familiar humming of the ground bridge echoes in the base. One by one, rings that reach inside the tunnel lights up. Then, it began emitting green, particles of energon as it encircles the tunnel before forming an aqua-green vortex.

"Ground bridge stable and going strong. Going to do a few more system checks before I conclude the test."

What none of us have anticipated is the container, sealing Ratchet's broken equipment, was leaking dark-purple fluids. Trickling down agonizingly slow. The stream sluggishly makes it's way towards a pile of open wires. Before any of us could prevent the catastrophe, the igniters have lit the fuse. Another trail, not far behind, leaks inside a pipe that connects to the energon fuel lines.

The ground bridge is shaking. The friendly aqua-green color we've been accustomed to, changes to a violent, dark purple. I could feel the power resonating in the bridge as it builds up. The base's alarms were blaring, the lights are flickering and the monitors displaying error messages. Ratchet, in a panic, trying frantically to shut off the bridge.

"I can't turn it off!! The controls are damaged!" Ratchet yells over the base's malfunctioning alarms. "I can't activate the override code! The systems are lockin- AGH!" he yells, using his arms to shield himself from the sparks on the control panel, stumbling backwards. There was nothing we can do now. Only wait and see if the bridge will short itself out. My hopes were quickly fleeting as the vortex of evil influence seems to only grow stronger.

A suction is being formed as time passes. I start hearing screeching noises that originally would happen when it is rubbed firmly against metal. I'm starting to lose balance as the strength of the suction was slowly pulling me in. "We must vacate the base, now!" I barked.

Snapping out of their stupors, everyone made a break for the nearest exit. It seems the delay in our immediate departure have bought the bridge enough time to start pulling us in to wherever fate has decided.

Being the one closest to it, I couldn't find anything to grab a hold of. Quick to act, I pull out my blade and thrust into the concrete floor. The suction is growing stronger. I can feel the stress building in my blade. Ratchet also imitating my move shoving a blade into the floor.

I looked to see Arcee grabbing a hold of the railing that was build into the small structure of the human's catwalk.

Bumblebee nearly lost his footing before latching onto Ratchet's hand. "Just hang on, Bee! Don't let go!"

I hear loud footsteps echoing at the corridor. "Bulkhead! Stand down! Vacate the base before-" it was too late. Out of desperation, Bulkhead tripped over the container that was now lying on the floor. I reached out to grab his hand after ducking to avoid being knocked into the bridge. My arms hurt from the stress and it is steadily growing more painful. Bulkhead's weight only making it worse.

I look to the left to see Bumblebee slowly losing his grip. It was futile, and lost his bearings. Letting out a high-pitched beep as he flew towards the bridge. The pain intensified as Bulkhead grabbed his leg with his free hand as the scout was hanging limp like a ragdoll from the force, various objects flying past us. The bridge is getting stronger. How is this possible?!

The railing on the catwalk Arcee was holding onto breaks and she flew by us. She grabs both of Bumblebee's hands. Ratchet held on as long as possible. The concrete floor held on. His blades soon slide out of the floor grabbing onto Arcee's legs.

The pain is unbearable. I keep pushing all of my strength into preventing dooming us all. I keep holding and praying that my sword will hold. Until the horrible sound of a loud *CRACK* sounds out. "Noooooo!!!" was all I could do and then everything went black.

CONNECTION: LOST

REESTABLISHING LINK TO NEW HOST


LOCATION: UNKNOWN

TIME: 12:08 A.M.

It is night time once more as we wander through the streets of Ponyville... almost tis like Ponyville *ahem* sorry, still getting used to modern society's social communications. Back on track, it is much like Equestrian lands with only one difference is me being asleep. I wonder through Ponyville in my dream form for which I can see them but thy cannot see thee. In my dream form, I can travel throughout Equestria without being hunted down by assassins and so on.

Tis a beautiful night as my little ponies sleep in comfort. With me being princess of the night, it is my duty to see they sleep in peace as well as watch over them. In the dream world, I can, how do they put it... "knock out birds with stones"? It does not matter. I have seen ponies sleep at night.

My sister was right. Some ponies do relish in the night as well as day. How could I let myself give into jealousy so easily...

No, I must not dwell on the past. What came has come to pass. I need to endure with my sister for whatever fate has in store for us and do what I have to ensure Nightmare Moon never returns.

Oh dear, another pony is having a nightmare... this is the eighth time this week. Something is causing them, I know there must be. Without evidence, I cannot make a clear case however. I'll act on what I can do for now.

I extend my wings as I made a b-line to the nightmare the pony is occupying. I come to a slow stop as I hover in front of the dream bubble. Most are white as I'm concerned, but when there's a nightmare it changes to black. I do not know how it works, but all I know is that it helps me point out the suffering ponies.

I glare at the black dream bubble as if tis were a convicted pony and was about to be charged for their crime. "Tis is not the night thy shall torment my little ponies. Be gone, whelp! Your kind is unwelcome!" I declare as I prepare to enter whatever Tartarus has in store.

*BOOM*

I yelped as the shocks of an invisible force caught me off guard and nearly lost my flight balance. After several attempts of regaining my balance, I turn to the sound where the explosion originated. Odd... how could there be an explosion when there was none?

I gasped when I saw a dark-purple, swirling mass of energy appear in the sky; looming over the forsaken forest of the Everfree. It was roaring with pure, unadulterated energy. Such power could turn anypony into ruthless, power-hungry tyrants. This energy it was emitting sent chills down my spine... the familiar tingle of power when I turned into Nightmare Moon was there.

Again, I was startled when several projectiles of junk, both familiar and unfamiliar, was shot into the canopy of trees. No sooner has that rain of objects seize, five more appear, several times larger than my size.

I screamed in surprise, twirling my body out of instinct when one of them hurled into my direction, destroying the dream bubble I was going to enter. The pony won't suffer any shocks from that but will be one shock of waking up. Without the dream bubble the pony is doomed to awaken... but for one to have such power to destroy dreams... my word.

My eyes followed the, what do they call it, "Soaring Sky Objects"? I gazed at the flying, building sized objects as they all scatter to different locations. I sighed in relief to see none of them had hit any homes, but that does not mean no warrant of an investigation. If we are dealing with a threat with magic nearly, nay, as powerful as Discord, we may need all available resources. I must warn my sister!

I summon my horn as it flares with magic before snapping my eyes open, lying awake in bed. My heart pounding in fear at the possibility of our fair kingdom being in danger. I immediately jump out of bed and rush towards to the doors of my room, slamming them open with a loud *BANG*. My ears perked to the sounds of groaning. I facehoofed at my carelessness. How foolish of me! Forgetting the guards on post!

I quickly mutter apologies before sprinting towards my sister's room. Dodging the guards, maids, and nobles along the way. I keep apologizing as I swerve out of their paths. I didn't have time to avoid a maid carrying a vast amount of beverages on the tray. There was a loud yelp of surprise as the food was launched into the air, followed by a *CRASH*.

But I could not stop and help, I must warn Tia. While I am powerful in the arts of magic, the power was near at Nightmare Moon level that was displayed by the wormhole. We may need more than just my magic.

By the time I reach the doors to my sister's room, I charged without thinking dispite the guard's protests of not disturbing my sister. This did not go unnoticed as my sister jerked up out of bed in panic. My lungs were burning and I was gasping for the lack of air my body was neglected in recieving.

There was a long pause as my sister and I locked gazes. The tension in the air was thick as ice. After an eternity of silence, Tia spoke, "Dear sister, what is the matter? It's as if you saw yourself as Nightmare Moon for the first time."

Calming my racing heart and slowing down my breathing, I bring her attention to my voice as I shut the doors and cast a sound-proof spell on the walls and doors. "Sister, the kingdom maybe in danger" casting her a worried look. Her silence notioned me to continue, "A massive portal appeared high above the Everfree. The amount of magic put within that portal could have been the unstable magic of the Everfree, but the 'why' and 'how' is unknown. What concerns me is the power that it emitted..." pausing to let it sink in before continuing, "the power was rich and very unstable, but I know not of whom or what could've caused it."

Celestia was pacing around the room while listening and thinking. "I see..." was her only response.

"There's more," I continued. Tia groans in response, "the portal was shooting out several objects of different shapes and sizes, but a few stood out the rest."

Sister began pacing while thinking. "The few you saw stood out, did they hit anyplace?" Looking towards me.

"No, thankfully. They did land near the small village of Ponyville. Other than that, nopony was injured, nor was there any signs of destruction," I replied, then added, "However, the impact surely has caused a stirring among the masses. If they get wind of this, there could be a mass riot. We must have them evacuate so we can prevent it." Celestia just chuckled at my fear.

Before I tried to ask her what's so funny, my sister speaks, "Luna, my sister, while I'm grateful you care deeply about my, or should I say, 'our' little ponies' safety, I highly doubt there would be a mass riot in Ponyville. Not to say it hasn't happened, but those were handled very well. And might I add, only happened a few times."

I sulked my head, concerned about what might happen. I heard hoofsteps softly and calmly growing closer. Then I felt something soft and feathery on my chin, tenderly lifting my muzzle to face my elder sister. The wisdom and humbleness practically glowing within her pupils. She gives me a gentle smile before saying, "But to put your anxiety at ease, I will send a letter to my faithful student and let her and the Elements investigate. Afterwards, we'll set out to Ponyville in a few minutes. Would that be alright?"

I felt some of my fears loosen up a little, giving my sister a grateful simle. She bends her neck around my neck to give me an equine hug, to which I heartily return. Such compassion, kindness, and armed with wisdom of a thousand wise-ponies. And I missed it all... I was a fool to give into my selfishness.

Reluctantly, I released from the warmth and comfort of my sister, as I turn around to leave the bedroom to get ready. "Oh, and one another thing, Lulu," she calls teasingly. I stop and turn to face my sister, a cheeky grin plastered on her before saying, "Next time there's a big phenomenon occurring, try to not make it a chore for the maids and guards to avoid raising suspicion. You made it look like it's the end of the world. Or better yet, teleport in my room instead."

I winced and then facehoofed, remembering the mess I've caused in the halls during my adrenaline rush. I grinned sheepishly at her. Tia chuckles before her horn glows and levitates a piece of scroll and quill, then start writing.

As I exited the room, I saw the results... I groaned at my premature actions... a maid was covered in various assorted food, visibly upset at the mess. She got a quick look at me, remembering who I was before putting a fake smile. I hope they will forgive and forget this.

I yelled, "Guards!" Quick as a whip, two armored bat-ponies came to me at the sound of my voice, saluting. Although, the maid mistook this as an arrest and took off. I rolled my eyes before giving their orders, "My sister and I are leaving in twenty minutes! Have both of our chariots ready in fifteen minutes!"

With a stamp of their hooves and a loud, "Yes, your highness," they took off. I let out an exhausted sigh, rubbing my temples with my forehoof. If things go well, then there won't be a reason to worry. I mutter, "I sincerely hope you're right, Tia. I don't want anypony getting hurt..."

I don't want Starswirl's prophecy to come true...

Author's Note:

COMPLETE!! Chapter one reworked, reedited and done! Please rate and comment! :pinkiehappy: