• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 510 Views, 62 Comments

Remember - Pony Jack



What would you do if you woke up in a dark alley with no memory of anything except what might be your name? Join us as we watch Hope Shine try to find out who she is, but finds a surprise bigger than any one pony can imagine.

  • ...
1
 62
 510

Chapter five: the fun has just begun

The trio head off, now leaving the hospital after their, interesting experience in the checkup room shall we say? Twilight’s plan is now under way as they were headed off to see if any of her friends knew something helpful! Of course, there was one small, yet very important detail that they entirely forgot. It was nagging them all, poking them at the back of their heads. Luckily the purple dragon of the group had his head on straight and realized just what they had forgotten as soon as they had gone a little ways from the hospital.

“Wait a minute,” said Spike, now curios to something, “who are we going to see first out of your friends?”

After Spike said what was obviously a key factor on the whole idea of seeing Twilight friends, Twilight’s eyes lit up from the realization of what had been bothering her this whole time.

“That’s it! I knew I forgot something,” Twilight began, “I completely forgot who we should go see first.”

“Yeah, that was nagging me at the back of my head too. I just couldn’t figure it out,” Hope added.

“Sooo…” Spike trailed off, “Who should we go see first?”

Twilight went into deep thought, trying to figure out who would be the best help, who would be closest, most friendly for Hope Shine’s sake and more. After a few moments a smile began to creep across Twilight’s face. Then the smile turned into a giggle, and a giggle to a laugh.

“Oh, I have just the pony in mind.”

***

So, by now we can assume that the trio that we have been following are friends right? Good. The trio of friends, now in the house district, is headed toward someone with the most promise in knowing anything about Hope Shine or her conundrum.

“So, who are we going to see again?” Hope Shine asked.

“We are going to see my friend Pinkie Pie,” Twilight answered, “she knows just about every pony in Ponyville, most in Canterlot, and many others from many more places. She may know where you’re from.”

After passing the house district, they went past a crowd of ponies waiting at the new restraint near Sugar Cube Corner. Soon the trio found themselves at the store front of Sugar Cube Corner. They went inside and right away they spotted Pinkie Pie, munching down on some sweets that she just baked. She then noticed the trio come in.

“Oh hi Twilight!” exclaimed the party pony.

“Hi Pinkie,” Twilight answered.

“Ooo, I just baked a new batch of cupcakes! Would you like to try some?” Pinkie questioned.

The party pony then shoved a cupcake up Twilight’s maw.

“Pin-mph!” said Twilight trying to stop her.

Pinkie stood there looking at Twilight tentatively with her hoof holding the cupcake in Twilight’s mouth. Since the cupcake was mostly shoved into Twilight’s mouth, she decided to just swallow it the rest of the way.

“Thank you very much for the delicious cupcake Pinkie Pie,” Twilight began, “But next time, just hand them out.”

"Okie-dokie-lokie!” Pinkie responded, “Ooo, how about that next time be now!”

The excited Pinkie began to hand out the cupcakes that she just baked, and had shoved into Twilight’s mouth earlier.

“One for you Spike! And one for,” then she stopped for a second, “Wait, who are you? Ooo Twilight do you have a new friend, do ya do ya? Who is she, who is she?”

“Pinkie, this is Hope Shine,” Twilight answered in reply.

“Wow, neat she’s an alicorn! Wait, Twilight, does she know that she’s an alicorn?” whispered the frantic little pony.

“Okay Pinkie, slow down now, one question at a time now,” Twilight started, “yes she knows that she is an alicorn.”

“Ooo, cool!” Pinkie replied in excitement, “So tell me Hope, where are you from?”

“I, um, well, I…” Hope Shine trailed off.

“Um Pinkie, she has no memory,” Spike jumped in.

“REALLY?!?!” Pinkie Pie gasped.

“Yes Pinkie, and that’s why we came to you,” Twilight informed Pinkie, “We were wondering if know anything that could be of help to us?”

“Oh…” Pinkie trailed off, her hair was beginning to droop down, “Well, I’m sorry Twilight, but I don’t know any more than you guys do.”

“Well, thanks any way Pinkie Pie,” Spike said, “we still appreciate it.”

“Hey, how about you help us? We need as much help as we can get,” Twilight thought aloud, hoping it might cheer her friend up.

“Oh yeah, I could help!” said Pinkie Pie, who’s hair was back to its bubbly self, “But how? Oh wait! I got it! I can search for clues and other important stuff like that! That’s how I could help you guys out!”

She then rushed out the door faster than you could say sweet sugary cupcakes. Not four seconds had passed after Pinkie ran out before Pinkie quickly ran back into the store, grabbed one of her cupcakes for a snack, and ran back out the store to go back her search.

Hope Shine, Spike, and Twilight Sparkle were stunned, left staring at a cloud of smoke left in the shape of their friend. They all just stood there in amazement of the pony who ran out the door apparently to search for clues, and other important things. The pink pony that they all knew as Pinkie Pie had left the building.

“Well,” Spike interrupted, “if Pinkie doesn’t know then, I guess that it might be a good idea to go see if Rarity could help us!”

Twilight rolled her eyes upon hearing this; she knew the dragons’ true reasons for wanting to go to Rarities. But she also knew that her friend might have some idea as to what was going on, and if not, she had many talents at her disposal that she could definitely use to help them out, so what harm could it cause? None, right?

“Alright Spike, I suppose that we’re heading off to talk with Rarity now,” Twilight remarked.

Author's Note:

Ugh, you have no idea how long it took me to write chapter five. I just couldn’t decide on whether to write it so Hope Shine met a member of the main six per chapter or to have it so that it was one big chapter of her meeting the main six. Well I finally decided which format to go with as you can see! Hope(Pun intended) you all enjoyed it! So, let me know your thoughts!