• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 510 Views, 62 Comments

Remember - Pony Jack



What would you do if you woke up in a dark alley with no memory of anything except what might be your name? Join us as we watch Hope Shine try to find out who she is, but finds a surprise bigger than any one pony can imagine.

  • ...
1
 62
 510

Chapter three: The past is in the past

"Wh-What?!" Hope gasped, " I-I'm an alicorn!"
The filly then looked upward to find that there was a horn on the center of her forehead, jutting straight outward. Hope Shine then looked over to her torso to find, to her surprise, that there were feathers attached to her, she had wings as well as a horn.

She couldn't believe it, she was an alicorn and she didn’t remember it. She still could only remember those words, Hope Shine. Now her mind was filled with questions. What possibly happened that would cause her to lose her memory? How can she be an alicorn at such a young age? She sat down in disbelief of what was going on
“Yes,” answered Twilight, “That means you might be a princess. I’m going to write a letter to Celestia, she may know something.”
Twilight crossed over to her desk placing the book down, proceeding to get her dragon assistant's help.

"Spike!" called Twilight, "I need you to send a letter to the princess."

The purple drake crossed down to the bottom floor.

"Okay Twilight. Sure thing," Spike replied.

"What about us Twilight, what can we do?" the orange Pegasus pony asked.

"You girls have done more than enough," said Twilight in an assuring tone, letting them know that it was alright, "you can go back to your day of cutie mark crusading."

"All righ' girls, ya heard her, let's get goin'," AB responded.

As the trio left the library, to get on with their plans for the day, a certain white unicorn caught the eye of a certain purple drake, and for that singular moment, both of them blushed slightly. Soon the CMC was out and Twilight was heading upstairs with spike, where she found her mind was the clearest, to write to the princess.

"I'll be right back down when I'm done," started Twilight, "you can make yourself at home until then."

And on that note, Twilight went upstairs.
Hope started to head to the couch to sit down and rest, but something had caught her eye. It was a book that looked vaguely familiar; it was like some weird case of de-ja-vu. Hope Shine went over to further examine the book to see if it might help with her memory problem.

Now it was obvious that the book wasn’t written in any known language, but even though Hope Shine knew this, she could somehow understand it.

“Hmm,” was her first response, “Thee-, no, ‘The legend of the Aliquisin'.”

Hope, now reading from the earlier illegible book, began to feel… different. As she read, she glowed very slightly.
“During this world’s creation,” Hope recited from the page, “the four elements of nature were formed; Fire, for the light it brought forth. Water, for the life it gave. Wind, for the balance it brought throughout the world. Earth, for it provided the foundation that was needed for stability.”

Hope Shine was now, well, shining. Her eyes lit up brighter than twilight’s for her magic test. Her hair, even more laminating than all the night stars put together. Now Hope was beginning to see the events of the story play out.

***

At the end of the day, finished with their jobs for the time being, the elements gathered with each other to play and have fun.

“Come,” Began the Wind, “Let us soar above all, and be free! We shall have much fun in this!”

“Why don’t we have an adventure!” the Water fantasized, “We could explore the great depths of this world and have pure delight in this!”

“No,” interrupted the fire, “We should dance! Come; let’s have an amazing time dancing the day away!”

“I say we create wonderful masterpieces, works of art! I say we Create more beauty in this world, make it a nicer place.”

Each element wanting to have fun and not willing to deprive the others of their joyous moment, they went off to do all that they said. The Earth found that he was very artistic and loved to show others the beauty in the world. The Fire began to love dancing more than anything else, it was his bliss. The Water found happiness in the thrill of adventure. There was no other was as free and delighted as the Wind when she discovered the magic of flight.

This was the merriment of the elements, and for that time, it was all perfect. Then, nothing was ever the same for anyone again.

The elements sprouted turmoil betwixt them all. The Fire found he’d lost the ability to enjoy his love of dancing, for the Wind’s flying would throw him off, and the Earth never let him dance near his masterpieces, along with the Water singing him down to embers. The Earth couldn’t bring any more beauty into this world, whenever he did the Wind would blow it down, the Water would soak it into nothing, and the Fire always burnt it. The Water lost her chances for adventure, The Fire constantly evaporated her when near, while Wind would take her an unwanted direction and the Earth blocked the way to new places. The Wind lost his spirit. Earth always jutted mountains into her way; Water would slow her down while Fire made him go out of control.

It is needless to say that arguments ensued. And words turned to threats, and threats to fights, fights leading to the war.
Lands and peoples had been ravaged, lives destroyed, towns emptied, civilizations wiped out. The war was gruesome. All seemed hopeless, so the five Elders came together to finally put an end to this.

“If this is to continue,” Began Nock, “nothing can ever be saved.”

“We must stop this now!” Fidget exclaimed, “There MUST be a way to.”

“What do you suggest Fidget, that we just destroy the elements?” questioned Pyross.

“If that is what it takes.”

“No,” Loom stated, “I will NOT stand for it! This is not their fault, we created them as dangers to one and other, now WE must fix our mistakes.”

“We cannot create one such as them again,” Syrisa added, “The same events will most assuredly occur.”

“And we can’t create one who is mortal and will eventually die!” argued Pyross.

“Or can we?”

Now, the entire meeting was filled with silence as they all stared at Nock. What he said seemed absurd, impossible even!

“Nock, what you say is preposterous, blasphemous even!” Fidget nearly screamed.

“Is that so?”

“Yes! One does not simply create a mortal maker of peace just for the entire process to be repeated!”

“I merely suggest we create a mortal that shall have the ability to be reincarnated, so as to make sure that if they end up corrupted, they can be done away with, reincarnated, and given another chance.”

Now it became clear to all, the answer had been in front of them the entire time.

“Nock,” Syrisa began, “You realize, that if we go this route, then we are to forever be unable to ever stop the elements ourselves again”

“With this plan, there will be no need.”

“I say this is too dangerous!” Pyross interrupted, “We can’t run the risk of losing the control, the one thing that we have to stop them!”

“I say we vote!” Fidget cried out, “vote to see what should be done!”

“Very well,” Loom began, “all those in favor of stopping the elements permanently.”

None aside from Pyross voted for that.

“And those in favor of bringing out what we’ve always had as an option?”

They all show their decision of this being the choice aside from Pyross.

“Then it’s done” Loom concluded.

“Very well,” Pyross bitterly conceded.

“Bring it in!” Fidget called out.

An energy source was brought in by what seemed to be nothing. The energy source was what had the potential to be a reincarnating soul, but for it to have the ability to control the elements, each of the five elders would have to breath in their word of power which lets them be able to control the elements.

“Are you all ready?” Nock asked.

“If in one of the lives of this soul discovers the true power we give it, everyone’s lives, even ours, will be at its mercy,” Pyross stated, “Is there truly no other choice?”

“You already know the answer,” Nock whispered.

So they began to say the life giving words as if to create a normal soul, but this time, they would end with their words of power.

“existunt et splendens,” they chanted in complete harmony, “anima nostra ad hanc vitam.”

Now came the time for the words of power.

“Verum,” proclaimed Syrisa.

“Animus,” Fidget shouted.

“Sapientia,” Nock breathed.

“Ductus,” Pyross begrudgingly added.

“Amor,” whispered Loom.

***

Hope Shine was now back to normal, or mostly normal. She had now seen the events of the past. But now she looked rather worn out.

“Wow,” Hope Whispered, now out of energy, “what an interesting legen-”

And then she fainted.

Author's Note:

So, for chapter three, took me a while and a lot of research but it’s finally done! Oh, what research you ask? Well Remember (Pun intended) this; “existunt et splendens.,” they chanted in complete harmony, “anima nostra ad hanc vitam.” Yeah, that was an actual language and took ACTUAL research. Comment please and thank you.