• Published 23rd Feb 2014
  • 2,116 Views, 65 Comments

My Little Amnesia: Daniel's Story - DaringWizard



Daniel has finally taken his revenge on Alexander, and saved Agrippa. But what layed beyond the lights in the distance when Agrippa saved Daniel? A fabled land spoken of in fairy tales.

  • ...
4
 65
 2,116

Chapter 4: Daniel's Orb

Daniel lazily woke up. His eyes were heavy and his head hurt, his legs ached. He took one of the tablets Twilight had given to him, and picked up his orb, still lying on the end table next to the couch. For whatever reason, the shadow decided not to follow him. Either that, or it was too far away to get him now, or perhaps it did not want to harm him...

Daniel took the orb in both his hands, and concentrated, images poured into his head and appeared on the surface of it. He saw an image of a spiraling tower, and endless desert, and numbers which were endless. As he tried to make sense of them more images appeared- then, sounds. Then, he heard a voice behind him.

"I hear you breathing, Daniel, do you hear me? Have you changed your mind?" Daniel whirled his head around, then saw a cloud of red mist. It dissipated quickly, as if it wasn't there at all. Daniel blinked, not knowing what to make of the situation.

"Alexander..." Daniel whispered, mortified.

"Daniel?" Twilight called, she trotted downstairs with a smile on her face, she was using her magic to carry a book. It was a shade of dark green and very ornately decorated.

"I found you something- I think you'd like to read it." She said, Daniel took the book and the aura -caused by Twilight's magic- faded. ARS ARCANUM was on the front of it.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Open it." Twilight answered, she looked excited.

Daniel did so, his eyes were caught on the first image- it was a sketch of a blue, stone orb. He looked up at Twilight with a small smile. He began to read the contents.

"This is a book on 'Orb Magic'?" Daniel asked.

"The Princess gave it to me- it was stored on the shelves in our libraries a long time ago- nopony could find a good use for it without an orb."

'Nopony'? Daniel thought, he chuckled at the made-up sounding word.

"What's so funny?" Twilight asked.

"N-nothing..." Daniel said, but it was obvious he was trying hard not to laugh, then, Twilight caught on. She smiled.

"Oh... right." She said. Daniel began to read.

"Mithras Empowerment of the river C'has? I wonder what this will do..." Daniel scratched his head.

"Well... only one way to find out!" Twilight said, Daniel took his orb in his left hand, and began to chant the ancient language.

"Payash, salila, Mithras, aavartate, C'has, niire, apah... apah... apah... he chanted, the orb suddenly jolted up from his hands- and glowed with blue, fiery light, then, it focused it's rays on Daniel. Daniel began to feel his limbs less and less- then he lost sense of his body completely.

The orb stopped glowing and slowly descended to the ground.

"Uh- I can't feel anything! Twilight, is this normal!?" Daniel demanded, suddenly, Twilight jolted to the side- as if frightened.

"OH MY GAW-- Daniel- look at your legs!"

Daniel looked down, his pants and legs had become completely see-through- they looked like water. The strange state of his legs began to spread and go up to his face. Then, he could feel his body again. He stood up and looked down at his body- the pain in his legs was gone.

"D...Daniel??" Twilight said, very confused, now staring at the transparent Daniel. He couldn't speak. Daniel's now crystal-like eyes flashed a look of complete and utter confusion towards Twilight.

"H-hold on, let me see- uhm... aavRittiM?" She tried, a flash came from Daniel- and he appeared normal again, he looked down at himself and then at Twilight, he fell to his knees.

"Gyaaah~~! Christ on the cross...!" He cringed in pain from his legs yet again.

"Daniel-!" Twilight let out, she focused her magic on him and lifted him to the couch. He sat up and looked at Twilight, then at the book. They both looked bewildered and surprised- then excited. They both scooted towards each other and started reading page after page.
----------------------------------------------------------

They spent the whole afternoon reading, trying each of the spells in the book. Page after page, word after word, until they came to one page in the huge tome and stopped dead.

"'To Have night or day, whenever you wish...?' That can't be possible." Daniel said.

"I wouldn't be too sure... try it!" Twilight said, a knock came at the door, Twilight walked over to the door and Daniel shut the book. Twilight opened the door- and a crowd was waiting outside. Daniel tilted his head to get a better look- half the town was out there. Most of them looked past Twilight to get a look at Daniel.

"Uhmmm...." One of them said.

"He's not exactly in the best of shapes for it right now. Come back in a few days." Twilight said, the crowd looked disappointed, and they reluctantly walked away. Twilight shut the door and turned to Daniel.

"Sorry, what exactly was that all about?" Daniel asked, Twilight had a sheepish look on her face.

"Uh- half the town was begging me to let them talk to you... You are the first human here in a long time, after all... with any luck after they talk to you they'll leave us alone." Twilight said, Daniel raised his eyebrows and looked to his side.

"Well, I'm in a pickle, then..." Daniel said, Twilight smiled.

"The people in this town are real nice, I wouldn't worry about it... Daniel?"

"Yes?"

"You know, you can trust me. I hope you know that." She said, Daniel raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry?"

"I'm just saying... you've been through a lot, so-"

"I understand... but do not trouble yourself over my own troubles, I'm just glad my ordeal is over..." Daniel said, Twilight frowned.

"You sure you can't remember anything?" Twilight asked, Daniel peered into the dark veil that covered his memories- and saw nothing.

"Positive... not a thing." Daniel answered, Twilight smiled sadly, then, left the room. Daniel sat in his wheel chair and looked at the orb, curiously. He was right to have thought that merely banishing the shadow -although he failed in the end- was only the beginning, and now, it really was the beginning of something extraordinary- if he could do the things he did with the orb, who knew what potential lied within it? He felt himself being pulled into the orb in concentration- images appeared on it again. This time it was the camp he and Professor Herbert had set up. The Arabs took shelter in their tents from the blazing sun as Daniel and Herbert rested in theirs, they spoke.

"I say, my friend, you must return to England! You're in no shape to continue, without a hospital 'round, if you stay out in the heat, we may have to forfeit the entire expedition! You wouldn't want that, would you?" Herbert said.

"N...no... I can still... ugh!" Daniel grunted, resting on the bed adjacent to Herbert's chair.

"You will get full pay and whatever you brought out of the tomb with you... those stones seem intricately colored for what they are- William Smith will have a blast if you go home now. Who knows, maybe you'll learn of something more important then anything else in the tomb!"

"St...stones?" Daniel asked.

"Yes, you were holding onto these shards-" Herbert brought out a cloth filled with shards, on each one was a curved side- they were pieces of the orb Daniel had found, Daniel thought about for a second, then realized that this might have been what the Professor had been keeping from him, so he replied simply;

"Oh... All...right..." he then began to pack some of his things into a cart.

Daniel stopped concentrating- he knew about these memories already. He knew about Herbert to begin with. What he really wanted to know now, was what his childhood was like; this was what he knew the least about, as he began to concentrate, however, he was interrupted.

"Daniel? I'm back!" Twilight called, Daniel looked up from the orb to see not only Twilight, but the other five ponies he had met in the hospital the other day, Twilight walked up to Daniel, the other five stood back.

"Forgive me- I haven't asked you three- what are your names?" Daniel asked.

"Rarity."

"Pinkie Pie."

"Applejack" They each answered, and they approached Daniel.

"A pleasure." Daniel said.

"Is Equestria treating you fairly?" Rarity asked.

"Well, so far, yes... but now half of the town wishes to speak to me..." He said, smirking.

"Well, probably comes from being the only human in Equestria." Rainbow Dash said.

"Most likely. That, or, me coming through that portal..." Daniel said, his eyes followed the wall up to the ceiling as he laid his head back, then towards the girls again.

"Well, we got a place for ya' to stay besides here. One of the castles here has a few spare rooms- if you wanna'." Applejack said.

"Well, all right then." Daniel said, he took his orb and the book Twilight gave him, and put them into a bag, he used his hands to lift himself into his wheel chair, he rolled himself towards the door, outside was a carriage waiting for him. He started to roll towards it.

"So..." Pinkie Pie started, Daniel looked down at her.

"What?"

"Whatit'slikebeingahuman?Whatarethosethingsontheendofyourarms?Whydoyouonlyhavehairon-"

"Woah, woah, woah! Mistress, one question at a time!" Daniel exclaimed, recoiling in his chair, Pinkie Pie gave him a weird look, then, Rainbow Dash laughed.

"Okay, very funny..." Daniel said, but he smiled.

Author's Note:

Be sure to comment on what you like about the story so far- it helps a lot!