• Published 23rd Feb 2014
  • 2,116 Views, 65 Comments

My Little Amnesia: Daniel's Story - DaringWizard



Daniel has finally taken his revenge on Alexander, and saved Agrippa. But what layed beyond the lights in the distance when Agrippa saved Daniel? A fabled land spoken of in fairy tales.

  • ...
4
 65
 2,116

Chapter 3: Daniel's Recollection

"So, you woke up inside a castle and didn't remember anything?" Rainbow Dash asked, Daniel nodded.

"Sounds scary... waking up not knowing where you were..." Fluttershy said, almost whispering.

"I know. It sounds silly, doesn't it?" He asked.

"After seeing that portal open, I'd believe anything!" Rainbow Dash answered, Daniel scratched the side of his head and sat up straight, being careful not to apply pressure to his legs.

"Anyway, I'm able to remember a few things about my past... for instance... I know that I was an archeologist- I had helped a team unearth a tomb in Algeria." He said, Rainbow Dash looked confused.

"'Algeria'?" She asked, Daniel gave her a weird look, but then realized why she was confused.

"Oh- forgive me- it's a country back in my world. It's part of a larger continent named Africa." He explained.

"Anyway, when I entered the tomb- I found that orb sitting on the table over there." He pointed to the orb, and it, as if hearing him, glowed.

"That belongs to you? Uhm... we saw something in it back at the hospital." Rainbow dash said.

"Inside of it? I do not see anything." Daniel said.

"No- I mean it was like this vision- we saw a face... it looked like a human but... it didn't have a jaw." Rainbow Dash looked down to the floor with a disgusted look on her face.

"I think I have a pretty good idea on what are speaking of. Perhaps one of the creatures I encountered at Brennenburg."

How is it this guy isn't traumatized!? Rainbow Dash thought, but she dismissed her thought when she saw the look of post-horror and Daniel's face.

"I am sorry you had to see that... they were disturbing to me as well..." He said, his voice trailed off.

"Uhm... about the orb?" Fluttershy said.

"I'm sorry, but I do not remember much... all I do know is that as soon as I picked it up- it cracked in my hands. I was able to repair it, however. By some miracle it didn't break again."

"Is it that fragile?" Fluttershy asked, Daniel brushed some of his hair out of his face.

"No- the orbs are mystic artifacts, sometimes they'll break or even disintegrate into nothing if used by an uninitiated." Daniel explained.

"Huh... what can these things do?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"If my few memories serve me properly- I should be able to channel its power." Daniel said. He reached forward and held the orb in his hands.

"Wait- w-what are you going to do?" Fluttershy asked.

"I... honestly I don't know, but, I think you'll find it interesting." Daniel said, he raised the orb above his head and the orb flared with blue, fiery light. As Daniel concentrated intensely on the orb, he was able to tame the storm of light. Blue balls of light floated lazily around the room, like fireflies on a crisp winter night.

"Woah..." Rainbow Dash said, her face followed one of the blue spheres as it passed in front of her- Daniel continued to stare into the orb's light- and then, he slowly calmed the orb's light.

"Th-that was amazing!" Fluttershy said.

"I'm not done yet." Daniel said, he focused even harder- and one could see stars, galaxies and nebula inside the orb. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash stared in awe. They watched as the celestial images appeared on the orb. Daniel had fallen into a trance-like state, and as he focused- he felt like he was falling into the orb. His trance state was broken when Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy caught him as he stumbled under the weight of everything, he shot up as soon as his legs touched the ground.

"Whoa! What did you do?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Like I said, I really don't know... if you focus on it long enough- it's power gets drawn into you." Daniel explained.

"Daniel? Fluttershy? Rainbow Dash?" A voice said, they turned to see Twilight standing at the door..

"Oh, hey Twilight!" Rainbow Dash said, she walked over to Daniel and gave him a bag of small capsules.

"Take one tonight and one in the morning and you'll heal a lot quicker." Twilight said, Daniel nodded.

"Guys, Princess Celestia wants to see us. Daniel? Try to get some rest." Twilight said, Daniel gave her an odd look.

"Celestia?" Daniel asked.

"You'll probably meet her later- she just got word you're here." Twilight answered, Daniel laid his head back on the cushion.

"See ya' Danny!" Rainbow Dash said, suddenly, Daniel lurched forward and he fell off the couch.

"Daniel!?" Twilight exclaimed, Daniel's head hit the floor- his eyes opened to reveal two white veils in place of eyes, his body contorted, foam formed at his mouth- then, the foam cleared, his eyes shut, and he rested.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mother! Father! Hazel just said her first word!" Daniel called, his father threw his paintbrush down to the side and ran up to Hazel's room, his Mother stopped reading her book.

"What did she say!? Was it Daddy?" His father was very excited, the mother just stared.

"No- she said my name. She called me 'Danny'." Daniel answered, the father was smiling ear to ear, as was his mother.

"Daniel?"

The mother scooped up the young girl and held her in her arms-

"Daniel!"

and hauled her downstairs to get her some milk to drink, Daniel and his father were clearly excited at the girl's new development and -

"Daniel!!!"
------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning struck, and Daniel shot up in a sitting position- he was back in the hospital, Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were standing there.

"Daniel! You scared the heck out of us!" Twilight said, she looked distressed, Daniel groaned, he opened his mouth to say something, stopped, then began to speak, he put his hands in his lap.

"Forgive me, I should have told you... I've been having flashbacks ever since I woke up in Brennenburg... I can't really get rid of them." Daniel said, Twilight brought Daniel's wheelchair up to the side of the bed.

"What happened? I just called you 'Danny' and you had a seizure!" Rainbow Dash said, she looked even more distressed then Twilight, Daniel put his face in his palm, trying to remember what is flashback was about- then, he remembered, his eyes went wide.

"I-I just remembered! That was the nick-name one of my family members gave to me... she was my sister... my younger sister- Hazel...!" Daniel said, the three stared in surprise.

"You have a sister?" Twilight asked.

"Yes- I do... I remember now..."

"Are you sure it's not your mind playing tricks on you?" Twilight asked.

"I'm positive! There's not a doubt in my mind about it..." Daniel said, the girls gave him a strange look, a silence befell the group, Daniel began to fall into thought as he looked down at his hands. How could I have been so foolish to forget about her? My dearest sister... my flesh and blood... my only friend... Daniel thought, he looked up at the girls, the saw the distress in his eyes.

"Well... whatever the case is-" She held out her front hoof and helped Daniel get into his wheelchair.

"-be careful not to hurt yourself if you feel a flashback coming on again, we don't want you stuck here in the hospital again." Twilight finished, Daniel began to lazily wheel himself towards the three.

"Sorry for giving you a scare there, I don't have much control over them." Daniel said.

"I brought you the orb." Twilight said, her horn glowed and Daniel's eyes went wide as she levitated the orb out of a bag slung over her back, he wheeled back to the wall in terror.

"M---m---m---mother of Christ!" Daniel forced out.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"W-what- how-? You-! How did you-!?" Daniel rambled.

"I'm a unicorn. We have the ability to use magic- you can't?""

"I've used the orbs before- but I can't do that!"

"Yeeeah, Twilight? Daniel showed me what the orb he had was capable of- it wasn't weaker then your magic, but, he used it for different things then what you do... I don't take it humans see stuff floatin' around all the time."

"E-exactly as she said, precisely, actually." Daniel said, clenching the orb in his hand, and breathing rapidly.

"Uhmm... sorry." Twilight said, realizing why he was so startled, Daniel slowly calmed down, then he exhaled. Oh yes, I've gone completely mad... he thought, wondering what else this new world had in store for him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel rested on the couch, now even more exhausted then before. His neck was sore, and his legs ached from his wounds, he took one of the pills Twilight had given to him- much to his dismay, it made his legs go numb and he couldn't move them. Well, better then them aching constantly... Daniel thought, and the door creaked open.

"Daniel? You all right?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, just very tired..." He answered, and pushed his arms so he would sit up.

"That's good. I didn't mean to startle you back there, Daniel... Sorry." Twilight said.

"It's all right. I should have expected as much..." Daniel answered, he lay his bead back on the couch.

"Uhmm... there's something I've been meaning to ask you, Daniel." Twilight said.

"Yes?" He looked down at her.

"Do you want to go back?" Twilight asked, Daniel looked puzzled.

"I mean, back to your world?" Twilight said, she looked very nervous. Daniel's eyes trailed off, thinking about what he knew about himself, then, he looked down at her.

"To be honest... I don't have a reason to go back, or stay here... but... back there, I know that those creatures will be waiting for me... If it's not a problem... for the time being I wish to stay." Daniel said, Twilight looked relieved, for some reason.

"Good." She said, Daniel looked out the window.

"...I'm tired."

"You should get some sleep, here, I'll get you some blankets." Twilight's horn glowed, and a heavy sheet came and covered Daniel on the couch, he slowly began to fall into a deep sleep, then, he began to dream. Twilight smiled sadly at Daniel as he slept, but then it just was sadness on her face. She walked outside to find Celestia standing there.

"Have you asked him?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah..."

"And?"

"He says he'd like to stay- for now." She answered.

"Good... let's hope he never changes his mind."

"Yeah... I wonder how he'll take it... when he finds out he'll never be able to go home..." Twilight said, and the princess turned sad.

Author's Note:

Be sure to comment! It helps.