• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 385 Views, 2 Comments

anthology of sadness and other stuff - ponyartist

  • ...
3
 2
 385

Truth

A Somber truth

There we stood with chains around our necks and whip lashes on our flesh, but we were just as responsible for what had happened, as he was. When we were weak and divided as a nation ha came and said he would lead us, but all he did was lead us into slavery. Really we only had ourselves to blame, because in our scramble for security we were willing to trade our freedom. We turned to him and asked him to lead us and we got exactly what we deserved. This was what we had to look forward to now; a life of security where we were trampled into submission. It was only when the last ember of hope was about to fade in our crystal heart that the sun and the moon came to free us from our chains, and from the dust of the battle field our ruler was gone just to be replaced by two more and while others flocked to them with praise and love as we shed our chains. I stood back, not out of hate our disapproval of them, but out of fear and caution of what could easily repeat. Even though they said they did not want to rule us I found those words vary hard to swallow, because they were rulers and to me they were all the same; with word that acted like double edged swords. While my fellow crystal ponies still kept their eyes shut mine were now wide open and I could no longer stomach the rule of others, so I choose my own freedom where there were no god or kings only ponies.