• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 1,033 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbow Dash: Before the Awesome - redpackman4421



Rainbow Dash's life as a young filly. Not what some may have expected...

  • ...
0
 26
 1,033

Chapter 1

Rainbow Dash stood at the main gate of the school, and read the sign overhead which read, Cloudsdale Junior Flight Academy in big bold letters. She had never been this nervous before in her entire life. In fact, she was trembling in fear. She wasn't usually a shy pony, but with the thought of going off to a new school with ponies that she didn't know scared her stiff.

"You'll be fine Dashie. Everyone will love you!" A navy blue Pegasus said to his filly daughter as he ruffled her mane with his hoof. Dash's father was a tall pegasus with bright red eyes and a mane consisting of red, orange, and yellow hues. He had a bright smile on his face as he met his daughters worryful eyes with a look of compassion and encouragement.

Dash looked back at her father and smiled, all worry being deminished by her fathers words of encouragement. "Thanks Dad!" she spoke up, and with that she ran through those gates and into the large building, ready to take on whatever school would throw at her. Her dad simply sighed as he saw his daughter avidly enter the doors of the school. "They grow up so fast..." he said quietly to himself.

Rainbow kept repeating the words her father had told her, You'll be fine!" She hoped so.

She walked through the long hallways of the school and passed by a number of other young fillies. Some looked older than her, some looked no older than her baby sister, Spectra. She continued to wander until she finally came across room 121.

This is it.., she thought to herself, You can do this Rainbow Dash, just be yourself. She took a deep breath, and slowly walked into the classroom.

She walked in to find four rows of desks lined up in groups of five. Fillies and colts were all scattered around the desks, some sitting quietly and reading to themselves, and others talking amongst each other. In the back though she noticed a lone creature, but not of the pony ilk. Sitting in isolation in the upper left hand corner of the desks sat a young Griffin. Dash had never actually seen a Griffin before, but she had heard of them from her father and older sisters. She decided to try to talk to the little griffin, maybe she was friendly.

As she moved closer to the other fillies though, one of them took notice of Rainbow Dash, and exclaimed, "Hey, look at this pony! Why is her mane so many colors?" The filly had a jasmine coat and a mint green mane. Dash would later learn her name to be Raindrops. Once Raindrops had drawn everypony's attention to her, all of their eyes locked in on Rainbow Dash, and their chatter stopped. Rainbow, unsure how to handle this just stood there and said nothing.

After a few seconds of silence, all of the fillies burst out laughing.

"Wow, what a weirdo!" One said.

"Whose bright idea was it to pour a rainbow on this poor kid?" said another.

"I love your mane! Where did you get it, the gay pride parade?" another one of them jeered.

The laughing continued as Dash blushed and hung her head in embarrassment. She shamefully walked over to the desk next to the griffin.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Rainbow said the the griffin, her face still red with embarrassment.

"I don't mind at all," the griffin replied in a low tone. "My name's Gilda, what about you?" she said.

"I'm Rainbow Dash." Dash replied. "Cool name." Gilda responded.

Rainbow Dash smiled at that. Maybe there was hope .