• Published 23rd May 2014
  • 3,415 Views, 148 Comments

Hey, It's Me - TwilightUCrazy



A tale of two friends, a jacket and a car.

  • ...
6
 148
 3,415

Rag Doll

She had driven as smoothly as possible the whole way, in spite of the Shelby’s firmer sport suspension. All in all, she thought she’d done a pretty good job. She hadn’t raced any of the lights or flipped out at anybody on the way back to her place. Not bad if she didn’t say so herself, especially if one took the tension she was feeling into account.

She unlocked and kicked her apartment door open, while Applejack hung dizzily in her arms at her side. The farmgirl was looking a bit green around the gills, and the pair lurched straight in and immediately towards the bathroom.

“No…” Applejack said lethargically.

“No?” Rainbow frowned. “AJ, you look like you’re about lose your lunch all over my floor; and trust me, you don’t want that stuff gettin’ in my carpets, ‘cause I don’t clean ‘em that much.”

“Not sick,” she muttered, tugging out of her hostess’s grip and limping over towards the sofa. She flopped down into its cushioned embrace and heaved a sigh. “Mah stars…” she continued, “everything’s spinin’.”

Rainbow took the flask out of her jacket and pitched it into the sink with a loud clatter. After shutting the door, she turned her attention back to her friend.

“That’s what you get for drinking all my happy juice,” she said with a smile, swaggering over to the couch and plopping down next to Applejack’s head. She tossed her keys onto the coffee table and smiled down at her as she lay whimpering on the couch.

She reached down and softly brushed her blonde hair back behind her ear, and scooted over to let her friend rest her head in her lap.

“You gonna make it?” she asked, continuing to brush her fingers along Applejack’s scalp.

The cowgirl cooed happily at the sensation, but otherwise said nothing.

Rainbow smirked and sat there for what felt like half-an-hour, though judging from the clock, it had been closer to five or ten minutes. A million thoughts ran through her head – how beautiful her friend looked, how content she seemed laying there, how hot that incredible cleavage was…

Yeah, it wasn’t anything helpful.

“Can I getcha anything?”

Applejack groaned, nuzzling into her lap. “Why’d you let me drink so much?” she whined.

“‘Drink so much’?” Rainbow echoed, quirking her brow. She paused in her hair-brushing, much to Applejack’s protest. “Hey, that crap in that canteen would’ve barely been enough to give me a buzz. It’s not my fault you can’t hold your liquor.”

Applejack moaned and reached up to her forehead.

Rainbow rolled her eyes and placed her hands on the side of the blonde’s head, rotating her wrists softly against the smaller girl’s forehead. Her friend sighed and a smile appeared on her face as the motion appeared to help somewhat with her headache.

“And people say I’m hopeless,” she said affectionately, gazing down upon Applejack’s adorable, freckled face.

She didn’t reply, and was content to lay there as long as she was allowed to.

A few more minutes, and Rainbow had set her mind to wanting to do other things, such as getting the farmgirl out of that uncomfortable-looking dress – errrr, and into some pajamas, of course. She cursed herself for having such thoughts as her magenta eyes drifted over those pillowy-looking boobs her friend had. Why had Rarity felt it necessary to give an already-beautiful girl such an amazing outfit? Was she seeking to give a glimpse of physical perfection to Mankind?

“Hey,” she said softly, brushing a thumb down the smooth freckles on her friend’s cheek.

Applejack looked up dazedly.

“You gonna just lay here all night in Rarity’s dress, or do you wanna get changed into something more comfortable for bed?” she smirked.

No words. Just an affirmative mumble was all she received.

Chuckling, Rainbow scooted further underneath Applejack and slipped her left arm beneath her knees, and her right under her shoulders. She lifted her friend without much effort, and started carrying her off towards her bedroom. The smaller girl reached up and wrapped her arms around her neck for stability.

Okay, so she could have technically just nudged her until she agreed to be spurred into motion. But, she figured, this way she could live a little personal dream of hers – carrying Applejack off to her bed – while at the same time keep from irritating her.

Applejack kicked her slippers off and left them behind in the living room, while Rainbow slid sideways through the narrow doorway into her room.

“Alright, Sleepy Beauty. Up and at ‘em,” she nudged her friend.

“We there already?” she muttered sleepily, her green eyes twitching beneath her eyelids.

Rainbow bit her lip in amusement. “Yup. You slept through the whole trip. Now come on. Stand and deliver.”

Lowering her left arm to the ground, she gently brought Applejack’s feet into contact with the floor. She hugged more tightly around her neck as she righted herself and pulled herself up by her shoulders.

Applejack giggled in that adorable way of hers. “Ah think Ah might be a little too tipsy,” she admitted.

“Drunk,” Rainbow corrected her with a grin, slowly stepping back.

The farmgirl wobbled and fell into her arms again. She giggled further and reached a hand up to hold the side of her head. “Oh God above, Ah can’t even stand up no more,” she snorted, clinging to her tux jacket for dear life.

Rolling her eyes, Rainbow wrapped her arms around the cowgirl to support her, a warm smile spreading across her face. Her hands rubbed soft circles in the small of her friend’s back, which were received with gratified moans. She came to realize that if she didn’t get the farmgirl into bed soon, she’d likely fall asleep standing.

“C’mon, AJ,” she said softly. “You’re not exactly being a good example for yourself right now.”

“Shaddup… Ah’m tired…” she murmured sleepily.

Biting the edge of her lip, Rainbow could barely contain her wicked delight. Here she was, alone, in her room, with a drunk Applejack clinging to her like she was a life raft. In any other context than that she was in now, she would have been beside herself. It was a virtual smorgasbord of her naughtiest fantasies brought to life, and every fiber of her being wanted to treat the situation as a gift of the gods.

I hate being a good person sometimes… she thought to herself, sighing internally.

“AJ, listen. If you don’t wake up a bit right now, I’m gonna have to put you in pajamas myself.”

One green eye peered open. “You try it and Ah’m gonna have to hog tie ya…”

“Then get your lazy butt in gear and start getting out of that thing!” she commanded, turning to head towards the door.

Sighing, Applejack turned away as Rainbow robbed her of the comfort of her arms and took a few steps. She grunted, reaching behind her head with both arms for what looked like a button at the very top of the dress.

From what she saw from her pause at the threshold, it was meant to clasp together to cover up the zipper. Rarity had probably thought ahead to a few of the more perverted guys running up behind her and unzipping the dress just to see if her boobs would pop out.

Not that Rainbow wouldn’t have minded testing that herself…

She couldn’t help herself as she giggled by the doorway.

Applejack glared over her bare shoulders at her. “Are ya ever gonna offer to help me?!” she snapped angrily.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she sputtered, biting the tip of her thumb to keep from losing it. “Did you want some help or something?”

“Ah’d sure be obliged to ya!” she shouted, probably disturbing the neighbors next door or below. Frankly, neither cared.

“Alright, alright, hold o-”

“Whoa!” the farmgirl yelped as she lost her balance again, wobbling backward.

Rainbow flashed forward with open arms to receive her tumbling friend, and clutched her close to herself.

Applejack jolted, and the world suddenly stood quite still, as if Existence itself collectively held its breath at what had just transpired.

At first she was confused. It was almost as if the temperature in the room had dropped a few degrees.

Then, she felt it.

Her hands wiggled over something firm but pliable… and warm. Squeezing once to get a feel for what she had grabbed, another shiver from Applejack made her go stark-white with unadulterated horror. Her jaw fell; she was surprised it didn’t go straight through the floor.

“Umm… Rainbow?”

She gulped, probably loud enough to be heard by the girl in front of her.

“Uhh… yeah?”

It was Applejack’s turn to swallow.

“Ah app-preciate ya catchin’ me but… umm… c-could ya let go of mah chest please?”

Rainbow immediately complied, slowly flexing her fingers away from her friend’s breasts. “S-sure…” she stammered nervously.

Well, at least I finally got my birthday wish…

“Thank ya,” she said, grasping Rainbow’s arm and straightening up. “Th-think you could-?”

“Yeah,” Rainbow said, reaching forward with both hands and fiddling nervously with the buttoned flap of fabric. Without thinking, she pulled down the zipper for her friend.

The way the dress “popped” open, she was thankful the other girl had been turned the other way. Applejack crossed her arms over her chest and she could make out the beginning of a blush beginning to infiltrate the girl’s ears.

A glimpse of white lace was enough for her to know that she had to leave the room. Much as her body screamed at her to stay and gawk at will, instinct told her to get scarce.

‘Be yourself,’ Ms. Tia said. ‘It’ll all work out,’ she said…

“I’ll be… uh… not here… yeah,” she said nervously, and bolted from the room. It took a minute for the kitchen sink to be filled with the icy water, but the moment it was, she thrust her head straight into it. “Y-y-y-yeowch,” she shivered, reaching for a hand towel and scrubbing the moisture out of her hair.

As soon as she’d dried again, she turned back towards the short hall leading to her room.

Two knocks.

“You okay in there?” she asked.

“Ah’m stuck,” she heard a strangled, slightly-panicked voice.

She blinked and cracked the door open, peering in, and the sight nearly floored her. As she gawked at the wide-open view of her friend’s bare midriff, half her bra, and most of her legs in one of her pairs of exercising shorts. Her arm had gotten stuck halfway into one of her stretchy workout shirts unable to get in or out, and her unstable gait meant that she was half a second from toppling.

Rainbow balked and beseeched the heavens.

Okay, God, listen… I know you’re testing me right now? But you gotta know that I’m just a C student…

She couldn't help it. She tried, but she couldn't stop it. She even put her hand to her mouth to try and suppress it, but it just came out her nose painfully.

Taking to a fit of hysterics, Rainbow collapsed against the corner of the room, clutching her aching gut and falling butt-first to the floor. "Oh my God, AJ, you look like like the little teapot from the song!" she cackled.

Applejack grunted and strained, her face fiery red as she struggled with the top. Despite her hefty strength, however, she seemed unable to pry herself out of the tight spandex.

"T'ain't funny, Rainbow!" she squeaked, a hint of desperation in her eyes. No matter how she struggled, the shirt had her bound.

Thoughts of tickling her friend's vulnerable sides quickly passed, and the hostess managed to wrestle her laughing under control.

“Hang on, hang on, hang on,” she chuckled, crossing the carpet and grabbing ahold of the material. She could feel Applejack’s panicking, heated breath. “C’mon AJ, you didn’t even get into it right. Here, pull your other arm out.”

After a bit of grunting and effort, she managed to shimmy her friend into the shirt properly, and at last return her decency to her.

Hugging her friend to herself to stabilize her, she grinned down at the farmgirl. “There.” She winked.

She could see the embarrassment in her friend’s face as she rolled her emerald eyes.

“Yeah, yeah, yuck it up, Lasermane…” she huffed, though a faint chuckle rumbled in her belly. She was pressed close enough to feel it.

A smirk crossed her lips as she looked away. "Now why would I ever do something like that?"

"Shaddup and let me go..." she muttered.

"You sure you're okay to walk?"

Applejack didn't respond directly and pretend-huffed through her nose.

The humor of the situation gone, Rainbow guided her friend over to the bedside and sat her down on the edge.

Tipsy as she might have been, the farmgirl wasn't entirely clueless. Realizing the circumstances, the shorter girl shook her head. "Rainbow, no. Ah can't just put you out of a bed like that."

"Trust me, you need it more than I do."

Applejack frowned and straightened herself. "Ah do not!"

"AJ, you lost a wrestling match to a piece of cloth!" she snickered. "I think you've earned the bed for the night." She shrugged. "It's cool. I usually sleep on the couch anyway after I stay up all night playing games and stuff."

"Rainbow..."

"Seriously, AJ. I'm fine," she smiled warmly, poking the blonde in the forehead and trying to push her over. Applejack wasn't ready the first time, but bounced right back up off the mattress, scowling to her friend.

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes and leaned closer, her expression becoming wicked and implicit. "Are you gonna make me handcuff you to the bed?"

“Only if you ain't gonna kiss me goodnight,” she said with a poke to her ribs and a playful giggle.

Rainbow froze for a moment, her magenta eyes widening marginally.

For all her levelheadedness under many situations, there were some things that she just couldn't prepare for. Applejack asking for a goodnight kiss was one such thing.

Her mind raced for the thousandth time that evening, examining the details of the question. Had she meant it? Was she playing? Or was the alcohol still affecting her? Or was it some weird combination of the three?

Applejack looked at her, grinning and awaiting her witty retort.

She managed the best response she was able: “Oh, what? I give you one little s-smooch at a dance, and you just suddenly think you’re entitled to 'em, huh?” She managed to regain her composure, and raised her nose towards the ceiling with a cocky grin. "I don't just give out kisses like candy y'know... no pun intended."

The two chuckled together.

"Now get in bed," she insisted.

Her friend's expression mellowed as she looked up to her with those pretty inky eyes, so dark in the thin moonlight trailing through the drapery. "Darlin'... are you sure?"

Rainbow's mind still hadn't stopped racing, but she could still spot an opportunity if one arose. Sometimes life gave her a chance to test the waters without risk of getting herself wet, and she had seen one such chance in that very moment.

She leaned back on her palms and sighed, fake-rolling her eyes before pointing them back down towards the farmgirl. "Alright, alright. Look..." she said, pretending to be hesitant. She didn't want to say it too fast and come across as eager, or too slow and come across as disgusted. She needed a pace that straddled the two. And she was good at it. "Look... if it'll make you feel better, we can share a bed I guess."

The thankful relief that came to Applejack's face was immediate, and Rainbow felt her heart soar the moment she could sense the answer, even before she heard it.

"Y'don't mind?" she asked hesitantly. "Even... after last night?" she asked.

"What was wrong with last night?" she asked.

For once, Rainbow was clueless.

"Uhh..." her friend stammered. "N-never mind," she chuckled nervously. "Ah just... thought ya didn't like it is all..."

Didn't like it? she wondered. How could she have gotten that impression? She had been the one cuddling up to her before they had slept. Applejack had acted the one to be offended by her close proximity.

Had she forgotten something of the previous evening? Was there something that her brain had omitted in the memory files?

Giving up for now, Rainbow shrugged and leaned back after kicking her shoes off. She got halfway up the bed, before Applejack grabbed her by the wrist.

"You ain't wearin' that to bed are ya?"

She looked down at her tux and bit her lip. "I'm gonna go with... no?"

Her friend smiled and nodded. "Good answer," she replied, giving her a little tug. "Now go get changed and hurry up. Ah'm beat."

Racing out of bed, Rainbow grabbed a t-shirt to switch into. Her mind went back to work as the chance provided, and as she kicked the bathroom door shut behind her, she descended back into thought, confused as she'd ever been.

Sure, she had separated from Applejack before they went to sleep, but her friend had curled up into that defensive little ball of hers. She hadn't exactly made it seem like she'd wanted it either. Scared as she may have been at the time, she hadn't really given her much room to speculate on how she'd felt.

As she shifted out of her clothes and into her tee, she wondered if she'd missed some kind of signal. One time she'd missed a signal from the coach at one of her baseball games and not rounded to home like she should have. It'd cost them the game, and she'd been obsessive about details ever since.

And yet there was something amiss. Something she'd overlooked.

What the hell am I missing? she wondered as she strode back into the bedroom in her shirt and underwear.

Optimistically, she wondered if Applejack thought she was as sexy as she thought her friend was.

The smile she gave her, though, was neutral. It didn't speak of any kind of piqued interest in anything beyond thoughts of sleep.

"Remember," she said with a smile as she rested her knee on the bed, "you asked for it."

Quicker than Applejack could react, Rainbow leaned in and pressed her lips against Applejack's freckled cheek. As she pulled back she noticed her look of surprise and fought the awkwardness with her cool-as-ice smile, and a wink just as added insurance.

The two girls chuckled together as the moment passed, and a soft breeze blew over the apartment building. The only sounds in the bedroom were of the two breathing together, and the creaking of the structure as it resettled.

Their sleepy eyes met. Unsaid words were exchanged, though neither knew what the others' said.

"Get over here," Rainbow said suddenly, commandingly, though where those words had come from she had no idea.

She played along with it, however, and reached out, seizing the farmgirl in her arms, much to the latter's surprise, and drew her closer for a hug.

What followed was the tickle fight to end all tickle fights.