• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 462 Views, 6 Comments

The Unicorn Trap Exchange: - Ponyess



I have all I need, the boots and the enchanted ring. This is what can grant me the magic, the power of a Unicorn. A simple trick, if I can convince a Unicorn to put the ring on, that is.

  • ...
3
 6
 462

Going Home: 4

I had taken part in an experiment, dealing with a magical transfer from a Unicron and an Earth Pony. Apparently, the experiment had worked out as expected, just the way it had been intended to work.

What I had not expected, is how the effects of losing my horn and magic was to affect me. I wasn't worried about getting the bits, or the credits for partaking in the experiments. Some worries about how other Ponies would view me may be more to the point. Just that right now, my foremost concern is in how I'm going to cope with the effects it had had on me.

This had looked like a fairly small and simple test. As such, it would be very easy bits to come by. As a Unicorn, I'm not opposed to serve science, that part never crossed my mind, why should it.

Exactly what was actually taking place, I have no idea. I guess you could say that it was way over my head. Now I feel drained, in the way you may feel if you had been overextending yourself. In my case, using far too much magic for my own good. I barely have enough magic to lift a coin at this point. Maybe this is what caused my disorientation?

I had managed to walk out onto the street and call a cab. After that, I had just taken the ride home. I had not noticed it, but I had apparently appeared as if I was sleeping when the cab arrived at my home, so the driver had carried me to the door and helped me in to my bed.

This is where I had found myself, countless hours later and in the dark. At least now I am strong enough to stand up, so I had walked into my kitchen and pulled a salad out of my fridge. I had enjoyed it.

Once I had eaten, my head had apparently cleared up considerably. First now I'm capable of doing anything worth the while. It feels as if I had had a very bad cold, or a flue. Maybe that is a comparison I could use, if I was to explain how I felt.

I wasn't exactly about to go out, but I had to do something. Maybe I could make myself a cup of tea, that usually helped when I felt down or out. At least, moving around wasn't any real problem anymore.

Finding the tea was fairly easy, just as pouring up a kettle full of water. Then I placed it on the stove, and allowed the water to boil, before I poured myself a cup of the hot brew. Just the scent alone made me feel better. Maybe I was just a little bit shaky, but I didn't drop the cup and managed to sip the tea.

Just sitting down in my favourite chair alone calmed me down some. It was the first few sips of tea that made the real difference, as small as the sips had been. Feeling the hot brew flow down my throat made it all feel real. I know I am feeling something.

I had heated only a very small amount of water, in part due to how weak I had felt, but also because I wanted he tea as soon as I could possibly have it. A small amount of water was to heat faster, after all. At least I had gotten that right.

Sip by sip, I felt the fuzzy haze wash away. I can't come up with a better way to put it, it's how it felt like. Good thing I'm not writing a paper on the experience. I sure would have failed, had I been trying to write it.

The little water I had dared to heat soon run out on me. I had expected it. You know how long the water would last, when you had for only a few small cups. This is where I am. I'm out of water for a new brew.

With that, I returned to the kitchen with my kettle. Slowly walking back. The brew may have worked wonders, but I don't dare rush it. I still got back to the stove soon enough. Why worry, I had known that before I even rose from my chair in the first place.

Filling the kettle, now half the way up, before I saw it start to heat up. Now worries or hurry, I'm after all starting to feel better. Once the water had reached the boiling point, I lift it off of the stove, before walking back to the chair.

Once back, I can enjoy my tea just a bit more, since I had cleared my head with the first few cups.

Just as I had finished preparing the brew, I hear a knock on the door. Unsure I slowly move to the door, listening careful to see if I felt like opening. Then it hit me, apparently my friend was worried about me and wanted to check in on how I was doing. With that, I soon opened the door and let her in.