• ...
31
 8
 675

Confusions and New Beginnings

I woke up feeling like a train had slammed into me. I groaned in agony at how every inch of me was in brutal pain. Just when I about to lay on my back I realize one tiny important detail, I was in a bed. How did I even get here? I try to remember, but my memory seemed more hazy than Pinkie’s crazy sugar high. I tried to get up when I hear, “Yeah, she is currently resting in my bed with a few bruises and scrapes. Eeyup, I am right on 33rd and Towne Ave. Your name was Rarity, right? Alright I’ll be waiting for you to call my phone. Her phone is on low, and I don’t have a charger for this type of phone. Like I said earlier, Miss Rarity, I never caught her attacker’s name. I was too busy beating the shit out of that bitch to bother with the name. Yes, this happened at the new motor bike shop on 5th and Slope Blvd. Yes...her attacker did have white hair with the tips dyed pink. Anyway, I won’t be going anywhere. I don’t want to leave your friend in the state she is in. I will see you in a few. Ok, call my number once you’re here. Laters…”

It hit me worse than the pain I woke up with. Gilda really did cheat on me, and it wasn’t a nightmare. I can’t help but think it was my fault. Sure I knew I wasn’t at fault, but maybe if I spent more time with her. Ugh, thinking about this hurts my brain. I look around the room and noticed that the room had an earthy feel to it. The only thing I can see that was some-what technological was a digital alarm clock which read a time I wish was wrong. “Fuck, Scoots is so gonna be pissed at me for missing out on our sister-bonding time.” I mutter, face-palming, which only intensified my pain.

“Scootaloo, I reckon is her name, right?” That same voice that belonged to the girl who rescued me from Gilda’s abuse.

“Yeah, how did you know?” I ask, confused at how she knew. I turn to see her at the doorway, only to be breathless at her beauty. She was dressed in blue torn up jeans and a loosely button-up blouse. What got me the most was her eyes. They were the most beautiful set of emeralds, and I felt myself being pulled into that sea of forest green. I shake my thoughts before they could spiral. I was just cheated on by someone I loved. How in the blazes was I to start crushing on another?

“She called your cell when I was trying to figure out who you were and where you live. I told her that you were resting up after a rough spat and that one of your friends was gonna pick you up. My name is Applejack Apple and I was just looking for work when I saw you having a bit of trouble.” She sits next to me looking at the clock, “You were out for three hours, and not even five minutes that I placed you in this bed your phone was ringing like mad. You’re cared about and that bitch had no right to beat you like she was.”

She shakes her head at a thought that might have been too personal when a buzzing sound echoed. She leaves me to my thoughts to go answer the buzzing. I’m cared about? What did she mean by that? Isn’t there someone that cares about her? Was she hurt like I was? What’s her story? Before I could drive myself mad with questions, I see Rarity and Fluttershy rush in the room. Fluttershy being the first to jump on top of me crying in my shoulder. I heard words but I am so taken by surprise that I didn’t hear anything until, “Now hold on Miss Rarity, you’re friend ain’t to blame for those scrapes. She did all the right things and stood her ground. Apparently, the bitch I beat the bloody shit out of couldn’t handle a beautiful lass telling her that they were finished. Don’t you go blaming her for doing the right things when things went south.” Applejack softly told Rarity stopping a rant I didn’t even hear

“You’re right Applejack, but we all tried telling her that Gilda was no good for her. Forgive me for being cross with being right for a change.” Rarity calms down looking at me with worry in her sapphires orbs.

“Hey I’ve seen this happen many times before back at my old school. I have a good idea how you feel but you gotta calm down. If not for yourself do it for her.” Applejack comforts making me feel better.

“I’ll try darling, but for now we must get her home. Her sister must be really worried about her” , Rarity states after taking a deep breath

I finally got out of my daze only to lose my words as another realizations took ahold of me. Applejack is her name. I was already engraving the name in my mind when Fluttershy gets off of me. I was so taken by my hero’s name that I don’t even feel her hands. Ah, stop it heart! Stop feeling things that were meant for Gilda! Have you not learned your lesson?! Oh god, why is her smile so amazing? No, I can’t be falling again. I made a mistake once, I won’t make it again. I was pulled out of my mental rant when I hear, “So do any one of you girls know where Canterlot University is? I was just transferred and I don’t have a clue on how to get there.”

Dear heaven, why do you hate me so? Just why do you have to place the most irresistible, tough, and freakishly hot girl at my school? Ugh, this is so not my day. All I can truly hope for at this point is that she doesn’t have any of my classes. She is making my head spin way more than Gilda ever had, and that is confusing the shit out of me. Ugh, here is to hoping I don’t go insane just by her being near me.

“We all go there darling. I would be more than happy to give you a ride there.” I hear her offer still dazed.

“I couldn’t possibly impose you to come by and give me a ride. It just isn’t right to do so.” she bashfully declines making my heart
pump twice as fast.

“Darling, you rescued my best friend, brought her to your home, and nursed her wounds. It truly is the absolute least I can do to repay you.” Rarity smirks pointing towards my bandages and the window, “Especially in a time such as this, you wouldn’t believe how worried we all were when she didn’t go over to Manticore Jr. High to pick up her little sister. She never fails to be the first to bring her along to Fizz ‘N Pop.” grinning a grateful grin towards her.

“Manticore Jr. High? As in the Manticore Jr. High down on 3rd and Main?” she asks confused

“Yes, darling I am speaking of that very same establishment. Why do you ask?” Rarity confirms just as confused as I am.

“My little sister is transferring to that there school. Looks like my little sister might find a friend in Scootaloo.” she smiles her charming smile that leaves me a stuttering mess.

Oh come on, why am I getting so sappy right after I got my heart shattered into itty bitty shards. This doesn’t make any sense! I’m sure the Gods are up on their thrones laughing their heads off at my misfortune. Seriously, I lose the one I thought loved me as much as I loved her, and right after that I’m rescued by someone I don’t even know. I’m not those love-at-first-sight type of girls and somehow she is getting under my skin. Ugh, this is totally going to be a long semester. Let’s just hope I don’t lose my awesomeness because of Applejack.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy