• ...
31
 8
 675

New Chef and Sisterly Bonds

Thankfully, all this mess happened on a three day weekend making the whole I got my ass beat a little easier to take. Okay, maybe not that easy, but still a millions times more preferred than if it happen any other day. I did however have to deal with my little sister being over protective as all hell. Honestly, I get into one bad breakup and she immediately begins practicing how to murder someone three times her size.

I turn my gaze to my wonderbolt digital clock and was surprised when I saw 12:00 pm. Usually my dad or Scootaloo would wake me up at least around 11 or so. I decide to fall back into my bed to think about my savior, Applejack. She fought in a way that no one I knew ever had. Heck, even my sensei couldn’t fight like that! I couldn’t even ask her how she thoroughly beat the shit out of my now ex-girlfriend. Part of me wanted to be angry at her, and the other part wanted to repay her for saving me.

“Dash, are you up yet? Scoots is wondering when you are going to play with her.” My dad’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts

“Yeah dad, I’m up. I’ll be down in a minute.” I rub the back of my head trying to shake Applejack off my mind.

I need to figure out how to deal with the situation and fast. My dad is already asking me what happened that I couldn’t be on time to pick up Scootaloo. I have no doubt that he heard about me getting into some accident. I get through my morning routine pondering on how to deal with the confusion that has transpired yesterday and stills continues to bother me. I didn’t even feel Scootaloo tugging on my arm until I hear, “Rainbow, what happened yesterday? Rarity and Fluttershy said something happen. They wouldn’t tell me what though and I assumed Gilda was involved because she didn’t call home or stop by.” her ask.

“Gilda wasn’t loyal, kiddo. She and I had a few words which escalated beyond my control. Lucky for me, someone was quick to help me out. That is all you need to know at the moment, Scoots. You already figured out that I broke it off with Gilda, but do not get involved.” I calmly answer hoping she would at the very least listen to me.

“I won’t get involved if you tell me what the fuck happened. Hell, you wouldn’t even tell dad! You never leave us in the dark like this. At least let me know what happened. I can’t stand not knowing, Dash.” she sternly glares at me. For a high-schooler, she sure packs a punch in the word department.

“Fine… but later. You have to at least give me that much, squirt.” I breathe not entirely warming up to the idea of venting my problems to my kid sister.

“Alright, I want to know as much as you can tell me. All Dad and I know is that things happened between you and Gilda. Whatever that bitch did to you-” she groans in frustration

“Hey chill squirt. No matter what they did to me that is still no right to insult them like that!” I sternly glared at her to get my message across.

“Fine but if she hurt you in any way shape or form…” she exasperates rolling her eyes.

I don’t blame her for insulting Gilda, but I can’t have the kid fly off the handle like that. Our dad raised us to be able to show respect to anyone, no matter what they did. So, I feel like I should reign Scootaloo in when she is flying off the handle. Before I can suggest a good old fashion video game session, I hear the doorbell ring. I walk to the living room curious to see who it was, and my jaw hit the floor. There she was dressed up in baby blue jeans, a white button-up blouse, brown boots, a brown vest, and a well-worn Stetson.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Dash. I hope I am not too late to come looking for work.” she speaks in that pleasant accent of hers. Oh lord what is wrong with me? I don’t have the hots for her.

“No not late at all Miss…” my dad answers pleasantly surprised

“The name’s Applejack Apple, sir. I’m here seeing if you are still in need of a chef. Is the position still open?” she quips with that charming smile. Oh crud, this can’t be happening.

“Why, yes, it is still open, and you are just in time for the interview. Come on in.” My dad cheerfully waves her in.

“Thank you kindly for the chance, Mr. Dash.” she gratefully enters the house.

The food she made was (unfortunately) the most delicious thing I ever had. Yet seeing her cooking struck a chord in me that wasn’t never touched by Gilda. I had never felt this confused, and I still had no answer to how to deal with the situation. After my father and her discussed how the hours were going to be like, I soon learned that she was going to be in my life more and more. Hours went by before my dad entered his night shift and Applejack went to her home. I shook my head and turned to see a very expectant Scootaloo.

“It’s later, now what’s bugging you?” she interrogates leaving no room to argue.

“Gilda was cheating on me and I found out yesterday. I shouted at her and broke up with her right on the spot-”

“THAT BITCH!” she shouts interrupting me, “Good thing you dumped her, sis.” patting me on the back.

“That’s not the end of it. She tells me that so long as she wasn’t done with me that I was still hers. If I so much as try to leave her that she would hurt you and like hell I’m going to let that happen. I keep telling her it’s over, and was about to leave when she lunges at me. Those karate classes only help so much when your feelings are all mixed up. I ended up slipping on an umbrella that I dropped on the floor before the fight, and thought for sure I lost the fight. Then I feel her roughly get pulled off of me. I wasn’t able to see all that much, but that girl that cooked for us earlier was beating the shit out of Gilda. She fought in way that my sensei hadn’t, and damn, was she ruthless. My vision was dimming, but I saw Gilda’s ass get handed to her on a silver platter. Last thing I before I black out was “Strike one, varmint, and it’s only gonna get worse if ya try again.”. I wake later in her apartment hearing her talk to Rare on my cell giving her address so Rare can go pick me up. I had a few bruises, but she had bandaged me up as a way to make sure I didn’t accidentally hurt them. She managed to stop Rare and Flutters from yelling at me by telling them I was in the right. I was never once doing the wrong thing, and that I wasn’t picking a fight. I don’t know to feel towards that day or her.” I rant looking at the door thinking about Applejack.

“Well, Applejack is a badass that lend you a helping hand. Gilda is a bitch that I wouldn’t mind beating the shit out of, or at the very least, break a few bones. She really said that stuff to you?” Scootaloo glares at the ground before looking up at me.

“Yeah she really did squirt. Applejack royally kicked that smug grin off her face as well as knocked a few teeth out. I don’t even know if I should be pissed, or if I should be grateful to Applejack.” I answer looking at her with a frown on my face.

“I would be grateful to her, sis. She didn’t have to help you and she could have easily walked away. Yet, she helped you and by the looks of it you are still hung up on Gilda. Spend some time with Applejack and who knows you might become great friends with her.” she suggest before yawning.

“Okay. It sounds like my little therapist needs to go to bed.” I joke poking her in the side.

“Shut up. I’m not sleepy.” she tries to hide her yawn only to see my face smirk in amusement.

“Well, is my therapist done arguing, or is she going to try sneak a few more hours in?” I ask, enjoying the pout on her face.

“Ugh, not cool sis, not cool.” she groans before going to the bathroom, “Wake me up if you need anything.” turning back to me.

I don’t care what anyone says about my little sister, she is always there when someone needs support. I chuckle softly thinking about what she said, “Spend some time with Applejack and who knows you might become great friends with her.” . If only she knew how far this confusion went.

Author's Note:

Here is the new chapter
Enjoy