• ...
31
 8
 675

Prologue

Hey the name’s Rainbow Dash, and this a story of how my world was turned upside down. It started on a gloomy rainy day which was the main reason why everyone was pretty much bummed out. I was just sitting in my history class staring out the window annoyed. Today was supposed to be the day I take my little sister, Scootaloo, to the new skate park that just opened up a week ago after my usual kick-back with my pals. Damn this weather for wrecking my awesome sister-bonding time. It was at that thought that I had tuned out Professor Discord to glare at the depressing scene outside until Rarity nudged me. Shaking myself out of inner grudge match with the weather I turn to ask her, “What’s wrong?”, when the school bell rang.

“Don’t forget, students, tomorrow we will be going over the chaotic era.” Professor Discord reminds us as we pack our bags and leave.

Professor Discord is a really weird and cool dude. He looks like he is in his late 40's yet acts like a 20 something guy. Sure wish he would stop wearing super bright ties. Those things can blind someone. Still, he is pretty laid back, and class does get fun once he gets carried away in legends which is a bonus for me. We get out of class with our own things to take care of, still we all agreed to meet up at Friz ‘N Pop. Friz ‘N Pop is the food joint that we all hung out after school ever since we first met it became the staple of our friendship after a while. Although we each had our own things to do before our usual kick back, we still always went there around 4 pm. Rarity had an order to make, Pinkie had a party to plan, Fluttershy was going to volunteer at the animal shelter, and Twilight was going to go have a study session with Octavia. I however had a date before our hang out which should have made me happy yet it didn’t. I have been going steady with Gilda for two years now and it’s... ok for the most part. Sure we haven’t seen each other for a few days but it feels like something is missing. I guess I shouldn’t be picky. After all, Gilda works while I study, so our schedules are loopy. I had parted ways with the girls a while back heading over to Gilda’s job. She worked at a motorbike repair shop as the repair girl which is surprising considering she would never dare fix anyone’s bike unless it was her own. I had just got there when I saw her lock lips with another girl which by the looks of it the other girl was enjoying it a little too much.

“Ahem.” I cough catching her attention fairly quick, “Am I interrupting something?” raising an eyebrow at the scene.

“Huh… Dash baby! I thought you had class all day today!” She stammers trying to hide her girl on the side like I haven't seen who she was making out with.

She was cheating on me for I don't know how long. Yet, what makes it even worse she had the gall to act like nothing was going on. I was masking my pain while tightening the hold I had on my umbrella as best as I can. Taking a deep breath I glare at her with my coldest glare and ask, “Care to explain the makeout session you, my girlfriend, were having with another woman?” in the calmest voice I could muster. No matter what she said at this point I was done with her. All those missed calls, flaking, and just being distant started to make sense. She was cheating on me with someone else after all we had been through in the past as friends, and our two years as lovers.

“What’s it look like Dash? She gets me and you are my plaything. Try to leave me and Scoota-lame gets it.” She answers darkly making my blood run cold.

“You won’t hurt her.” I seethe at her cheap tactic. She dares to threaten my sister just to keep me on her arm. I should have listened to Fluttershy about Gilda's behavior back in Junior Speedster High. Why did I have to be so caught up in love? Why did I have to fall for Gilda's lies?

“Says you and who else?” she asks grinning smugly at me as if she can’t get caught.



I stood my ground though, constantly telling her we are done. What I didn’t count on is her attempting to beat me into submission. Thank heavens for my karate lessons at least I was able to hold off for a while. She had the advantage given my dosage of getting the worst possible realizations on who I thought loved me because she was going on how I wasn’t enough for her. I had slipped on the discarded umbrella which I had dropped moments ago. Just as I was about to black out the hits and emotional beat downs I feel Gilda being pulled off of me. I look to see a Stetson wearing girl standing in front of me. She wasn’t the other girl Gilda was making out with, I know that much. I was about to get up when Gilda shouts, “STAY DOWN! I’M NOT DONE WITH YOU!” at me.

“Sorry to disappoint you but you are done. You aren’t going to hurt her anymore, so give it a rest will you?” my defender quips in a cute southern accent.

“Watch me.” Gilda mutters rushing her.

Whoever this girl was, she wasn't even fazed by Gilda's attack. she simply does the fastest low sweep kick I have ever seen. Gilda falls to the ground faster than a blink of an eye, and if I'm the one saying it then that is some killer speed. I couldn’t really see much of the fight but from what I did see the girl standing up for me was a far more advanced fighter than I was. I wish I could have seen the fight though, it would have been awesome to see Gilda get what she truly deserves. All I could make out was she leaned heavily on kung fu and was accustomed to fighting in these weather conditions. Before everything went black I hear, “Strike one, varmint, and it’s only gonna get worse if ya try again.”

Author's Note:

Had this running in my head and thought I would go with it.
Constructive criticism is welcomed