• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 556 Views, 10 Comments

My Little Journal - Brolkier



I never would've expected that I'd wake up in Ponyville one day. How these journal entries made it back to the real world is anyone's guess, but I hope someone gets them.

  • ...
4
 10
 556

Hello, my name is...

I'm not quite sure where to begin. This is all still so strange and unfamiliar. One minute I'm asleep in my bed in the barracks, and the next thing I know, I found myself waking up on a cloud in the sky.

It all felt so surreal. I mean, I know the feeling of what it's like to be in a dream and think that it's real, but even the most realistic dream has more inconsistan faults than this. I think the first thing that I noticed, was how redicul very high up I was. I wasn't even thinking about where I was, only that I seemed to be on a very small cloud, and then I saw my hands...or rather hooves. Trying to back away from them almost made me fall off the cloud, but luckily I stopped short before that happened.

Pink. Of all the colors to be brought into this world as, it had to be pink. Never mind that I'm sure there are pink palat colored versions of male ponies in this world, it's just the fact that I was pink that startled me.

I looked around a little more, and it didn't take long for me to realize where I was. The landscape beneath me, the ponies flying around in the distance. I was actually in Equestria. I started to talk to myself quietly, to try and figure out what was going on. Although, I still kind of wish I hadn't.

My normal deep voice was replaced by a more feminine, higher voice. It almost sounded like, and still does now, of somewhere between Fluttershy and Pinkie's voices. I don't know what I would've done if I had sounded like Tara Strong. I love her voice roles, but I'd prefer not to hear them that much anymore.

So there I was, sitting on a cloud in the sky in the world of My Little Pony, and I was...a mare.

I'm not sure how long I sat there, until a Pegasus pony came flying by. I waved to get her attention, and she flew down to greet me. I don't remember her name, but I'm sure she might have been one of the random background ponies from the show. She had asked me if anything was wrong, and I about froze. I wasn't sure where to start, but I didn't recognize her, so I decided to play coy. I made up some story about having amnesia, and that I'd forgotten how to fly, so I asked her if she could help me get to a bigger cloud.

Needless to say, she was confused at how a Pegasus could forget how to fly, but she agreed to help me. She flew off and returned shortly with another Pegasus. The two of them picked me up, and flew me away from the cloud. Now, despite me being terribly confused as to what was going on, and that I wasn't sure what to do next, the feeling of flying through the air like that felt amazing. It was kind of like the feeling of flying in a dream, with the wind hitting you, and feeling the pressure of moving around, but actually real! I'll never forget that feeling, and now, at least for the time being, I'll be able to experience it whenever I want.

We flew through the air for a bit, until the sight of Cloudsdale came into view. Cloudsdale! When I had made my very first OC back in the real world, I had based him around Cloudsdale, and now I was actually going to be there! It looked just like it does in the show, with pillars made of clouds, and streets and buildings, well, also made of clouds! Cloud everything! I just couldn't believe it.

Well, they set me down, before waving goodbye, and flying off. I waved back, and called out thank you as they left. Although, the thank you came out a little crackled, probably because I hadn't tried yelling in my new voice yet, and I guess I was still trying to compendeal with not having a male voice. I hadn't even given either of them my name, but then again, I wasn't really sure what to call myself. I figured before I gave myself a name, I should probably get a better idea of what I look like. When we were flying, and I was looking around, I had noticed that my hair was green, but I wasn't sure what style I had. Also, when I had been sitting on the smaller cloud, I saw that I was still wearing my watch as well, although, it was now a regular pony version I guess.

That was another thing, when I had fallen asleep back in the real world, I woke up here without everything I had on, save for my watch, which I hardly ever take off. And thinking back, I wore glasses in the real world to fix my vision, but when I woke up here, my vision was perfect. How about that huh? Perfect vision without the surgery. I can only hope that my eyes stay that way when I get back.

Getting back on track, I walked around Cloudsdale, taking in all the sites I could see, and tried to find myself a mirror, or some other reflective surface. Eventually, I think I happened upon the same clothing shop that my sweet Rarity had admired, when she and the others first came up here. I don't know what kind of impression I must have left on the ponies inside the store, because I must have used almost every expression possible when I finally saw what I looked like in my reflection.

Again, I still found it hard to believe that I was pink, and it was obviously the first thing I saw in my reflection. My eyes were still blue, but I had the three little eyelashes on the side of my eyes, giving the girly appearance. Next was my hair, again, green. The hairstyle didn't look like any pony’s that I recognized from the show, but then again, the color swap might have had something to do with that as well. I also had a white band in my hair on the top of my head, kind of separating the front from the back. Out of curiosity, even though that about summed up everything I was doing, I lifted up the front of my hair, to see if anything was on my forehead

Now, when I imagined back in the real world, if I could ever come here, would I look like my OC that I had made, or would I look like something else, I was surprised at the familiarity that I had gotten. Granted, my OC was a bald gray male Pegasus, I had awoken here as a pink "female" Pegasus, with green hair, but I still had the white mark on my forehead, just like the one I had given my OC. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but I dropped my...hoof, from my face, and turned to look at the rest of myself.

One would think that I would have immediately been able to tell that I was female, after having lived my entire life as a male thus far, but something about being a pony just flipped that upside down. I didn't feel anything that felt out of place, although, I did notice that my wings were already out and flapped down. I tried to move them, but kept having mixed results, so I left them alone as best I could. At least I didn't have the wing "pomf" like the Bronies back home had named.

My eyes then moved to my tail. My tail. That is one statement that I thought I would never say in my entire life. I tried to move my...tail, but didn't get much reaction from it. It's hard to classify whether or not my tail is what would be considered a "normal" tail, since the tails in this show range from puff balls, to long and flowing...to rainbows. Nevertheless, my tail looked kind of like Rainbow Dash's, except it wasn't rainbow colored, but instead had streaks of green and white in it.

And now we come to the all-important question. The one I found asking myself, and the one I'm sure every Brony back in the real world is wondering, now that I've somehow made my way into the world of this show. My cutie mark. Well, I'll be honest, I wasn't really sure what to expect when I looked at my flank for the first time. Would I see something symbolizing that I was a soldier back in the real world? Would I see something that was predetermined for me when I arrived here, based on some kind of magic "Welcome to Equestria!" system? Or would I see what I kind of expected to see, and sure enough did happen...a blank flank.

Nothing. Nada. Zip. I apparently had no special talent yet in this world. Although, I can't really blame myself or whatever, because this was my first time ever coming to this world, and I'm pretty sure the first time in, well, "my" history, that something like this has happened. I guess like the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I was going to have to find my special talent on my own.

On that note, after staring at my reflection for a while, and I'm sure to the relief of the confused ponies inside the shop, I decided to try and start figuring out what to do next. I walked away from the store, and began pondering who I could turn to for help here. Needless to say, only one pony came to mind. The only pony who's curiosity for solving things was matched by her dedication to her friends. Twilight Sparkle. The only problem was...she lived down in Ponyville, and I was up I don't know how many hundreds of feet...hooves?...in Cloudsdale.

If I was going to get down from the clouds, I needed to at least learn how to glide. So I asked passerby ponies, if one of them could help "re-teach" me how to glide. Plenty of them did the whole "you just do this" routine, where they lifted themselves in the air, and glided back down to the clouds, or jumped and glided forward a little ways, but I couldn't get a filly style explanation. I thought that this must be how Scootaloo felt. Well, eventually, a couple more random ponies were actually able to help me, and after getting a literal "feel" for my wings, they taught me how to glide from a jump. I practiced it for a little while, moving from flatter clouds, to what slopes I could find. I'm glad they also showed me how to slow down in a glide, otherwise I'm sure I would have easily crashed into something from going too fast.

When I felt comfortable with gliding, I asked the closet pony I could find, if they could direct me to Ponyville. After giving me the general direction, and after peering over a couple cloud edges, I was able to spot the outskirts of Ponyville in the distance below.

Now, I wanted more than ever to hurry up and get down there, so that I could find Twilight, and try to get this whole situation figured out, but even I knew that I still had absolutely no clue how the wind currents would affect me on the way down. I asked a couple more ponies if they would mind escorting me down to Ponyville, after giving my whole amnesia speech again, and they agreed to fly with me down.

The tallest thing I've ever jumped off of in my life, was a repel tower about 100 feet off the ground...this jump was easily a hundred of those stacked on top of each other. If it weren't for the fact that I don't really have a fear of heights, I'd probably have not even gotten off of that smaller cloud that I started on. The two Pegasi told me that the wind currents today weren't that bad, and that I wouldn't have much probably making the glide down. So I took a deep breath, got a little bit of a running start, and then jumped off of the cloud. I opened up my wings, and began to fall.

Slowly gliding around Cloudsdale was alright, and being carried while flying through the air was another thing, but the feeling of gliding and falling from up in the clouds, was amazing! I could feel the wind pick up on my wings, and felt the breeze across my face as I glided. I was just like a hang glider, or one of those people in the flying squirrel suits. I went in a corkscrew fashion the entire way down, and even dared to pick up the speed a couple times, at least until the wind shook me a bit and I evened out again. Still, it was a once in a lifetime experience for me, and with any luck, I'd get to experience it again if I found out I was stuck here.

After gliding for about ten minutes, we finally arrived at Ponyville. I waved to the ponies that had accompanied me down, thanking them, and told them that I should be fine the rest of the way down. They took off, and I closed in for my landing, at least if you could call it that. While the clouds up above had provided a little cushion for each landing, the solid earth was a little harsher to land on. I skidded in a bit, before tripping over my...hooves, and sliding on my stomach a short ways.

A few ponies came over to see if I was alright, and I told them I was fine, as I began standing up. I looked around to see where in Ponyville I had landed, and quickly found out that I was just outside the marketplace. I checked my watch, and saw that it was just passed noon. I needed to find someone that could tell me where Twilight's library was, and with any luck, given the time, perhaps Applejack would still be in the market selling her apples. However, with the thought of Applejack coming to mind, another thought came to mind that made me shutter a little bit. The welcoming party.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the parties that Pinkie Pie throws for new ponies, but as amazing as it would be to live in this world for a while, I wanted to avoid being dragged in too much, in case I got involved with some event that might be canon. That said, I had no clue when in this show's world I had been placed. I didn't know if I arrived before the starting events, if the mane six had already had some of their adventures, or if I was in a completely separate timeline altogether. I needed to blend in, without getting roped in.

I wandered through the marketplace, and by a stroke of luck, found Applejack as she was putting away her cart. I approached her and tried to get her attention. While still packing her cart, she apologized, and told me that she'd already sold all of her apples for today. I almost felt like Fluttershy talking to her, but I told her that I was just trying to find Twilight's library instead. She then pointed the way and gave me directions, before reigning up her cart and starting to walk away.

Almost out of a paranoid reflex, just as she was beginning to walk away, I asked Applejack if there was any way to avoid running into Pinkie Pie. She told me that if I tried to avoid her, then she'd probably find me sooner. She started to ask why, and was about to state that I seemed new to Ponyville, but I quickly covered her mouth, and told her that I'm just passing through and didn't want to cause a scene. She seemed a little skeptical, but shrugged it off, and told me to have a nice day, before leaving the marketplace.

I followed her directions, and in no time found my way to the library. I knocked on the door, but didn't get an answer. I tried a couple more times, but still nothing. I was about to turn and start looking somewhere else, when I heard the distinct hopping sound of Pinkie Pie, and froze. I told myself to be one with the tree, and didn't move as Pinkie hopped away behind me. I waited until she was out of earshot, before letting out a sigh. Why I didn't see the next part coming, I don't know why.

Seemingly out of a cartoon nowhere, Pinkie appeared next to me, and I almost jumped up into the branches of the tree the library was built into. She then went off into her usual fast paced talking, about me standing outside Twilight's door, seeming lonely, and an assortment of other things, luckily not mentioning that I seemed new. However, as TV show fate would have it, she then realized that I was new, and started going on about welcoming me to Ponyville. She almost began to burst into song...song right? Yes, even if you by some chance of fate find yourself into the world of My Little Pony, they still sing songs...without regard to anything.

And then, my savior. Just as Pinkie was about to sing the first note, Twilight appeared and closed her friends mouth. I must have had a freaked out look on my face at the time, because Twilight told Pinkie that she seemed to be scaring me, and to tone it down. Pinkie apologized, before deciding to go and start preparing a welcome party instead. She zipped away, before Twilight then brought her attention back to me. She asked if there was anything that she could help me with, and I thanked her repeatedly, shacking her hoof, and telling her how glad I was to have finally found her. I asked if we could speak inside, and she agreed before opening the door with her magic.

I don't know what some people's perceptions of the inside of Twilight's library are, but I found it to be slightly bigger than what I had imagined it would be in person. She put down the saddle bag that she had with her, and then asked what I'd like to talk about. Once again I froze, just like before telling my first amnesia story, trying to figure out where to start from. I decided that I should probably learn a little more about where/when I was, before telling her that I was never supposed to exist in this world. She didn't have her wings yet, so I figured that I had to at least be between the first and third season if anything. I opened with being new to Ponyville, and wanting to know what the most recent events were.

Twilight seemed puzzled, asking me if there was something in particular that I meant. I asked her if the Mare in the Moon was still in the moon, and she gave me a chuckle, before telling me that Princess Luna had returned, and that Nightmare Moon was no more. She made it sound as if it had happened recently, so I followed up with if anything chaotic had happened aside from the Nightmare Moon incident recently. Twilight seemed confused once more, and told me that the only other chaotic event to have taken place, was from the initial chaos of her first Winter Wrap Up. I figured canon wise, I had to be somewhere in the first season of the show, until Twilight spoke up again.

She questioned whether it had been the Winter Wrap Up that was the most chaotic, or if perhaps it was the wedding she had attended for her brother and Princess Cadence instead, or possibly if it was Trixie's latest attempt to try and show her up. I suddenly found myself somewhere in the third season, until I noticed that Twilight had left a few things out. I asked if the name Discord rang a bell, and she asked if I meant the statue in the Canterlot sculpture garden. I then inquired a little more about the wedding she had attended, and she commented on the disorganization that her brother had caused. I decided to throw caution to the wind, and asked if she'd read any interesting comic books lately. She gave me an annoyed stare, stating that she hadn't read any recently, but that somepony had gotten her dragged into one.

I sat on the floor, a slight twitch running through my eye, as Twilight asked me if I was okay. Aside from Nightmare Moon, there was no turmoil in this world, and somehow, Twilight and friends had gotten mixed up in at least some of the events after when she was supposed to have become an Alicorn, but without any of it happening. As far as I was concerned I was in a non-canon world.

Twilight continued to look on in confusion, so I decided that it was about time for me to explain myself. I told her about how I had woken up on that cloud in the sky, that I'm not supposed to be here, and that I need to find a way home. She tried asking me about the world that I came from, but regardless of how non-canon this world seemed, I didn't want to mix relations as much as I could. I asked if she knew anypony else who might be able to help, and she suggested Princess Celestia out of habit. I gave a sigh, before starting to make my way out of the library. Twilight stopped me, saying that she was still so confused, and that she wanted to help if she could.

No more hiding I guess, may as well get things real. Not going to lie, I felt like Doctor Whooves explaining himself to Twilight about his origins, only there was no TARDIS, and I wasn't hundreds of years old. I told her about humans, my profession as a soldier, and how to me, her world was a cartoon I watched. I didn't know how she was going to react when I told her all this. Whether she would flip into a state of denial, swoon like some kind of fan girl, or just think I'm crazy. And as if out of a standard fan fiction, she choose the road half-way between the second choice. If I'd been talking to Lyra, I'm sure I would've gotten tackled by this point, and had her asking me about hands-this, and humans-that.

Her curious nature wanted to know more about where I'd come from, but her roots in friendship also wanted to help me get back to it. By this point, Twilight realized that she hadn't even gotten my name yet, seeing as how I already knew hers and almost everypony else's.

I was right back where I started in Cloudsdale. What do I call myself now? I felt obligated to stay within the show's style of names, but I didn't know if the name I had originally chose for my OC would work for me now, being a mare and all. I explained my name confusion to her, and when she asked me what it would've been, had I come here a stallion, I told her it would've been Cloudy Airy, at least if I'd stayed a Pegasus. She explained that the name sounded fine for either a mare, or a stallion, but I wasn't so sure, since I told her that I'd rather use it as a stallion name.

I thought then flashed in my mind, and my optimism jumped. Sure a spell to "actually" change genders hasn't been shown yet, but just the fact that it was brought up must mean something. I asked Twilight if she really did know if a spell to change genders existed, but she embarrassingly admitted that she had been bluffing at the time she had mentioned that spell, and that she didn't think it was real. Needless to say, my smile returned to a frown. That was it, unless somepony like Princess Celestia could help me, I was going to be stuck in this world as a mare. Perhaps it was because I had become a mare, or maybe it was just from the nature of the show, but I began to cry. Twilight tried to comfort me, but it didn't seem to help. I told her through my tears that I'd probably never get home, since I didn't even know how I got here, and even while I was here, I didn't even have a home to go back to either.

It was by this point, and thanks to my crying, that the amazing and wonderful Spike had finally woken up from his nap, and came downstairs. He asked Twilight what was going on, and who I was, and she explained my situation as simply as possible to him. Saying that I was a lost pony trying to find my way home.

It was much later in the day when I had finally settled down. Twilight offered for me to stay at her home for the time being, and told me that she had told Pinkie to hold off on my welcoming party until I was feeling better. I thanked her, and accepted her offer, and laughed a bit at her keeping Pinkie away. She also told me that she had already sent a letter to the Princess, briefly describing my situation, and that it would be best if I could talk with her in person, or rather pony I guess. I thanked her again for her kindness, but still found myself unsure of what to do now. Twilight wasn't sure what she could do to help me in the meantime, but an idea came to her head to help me deal with my troubles here. A journal.

I was a little skeptical to the idea at first, partly because I hadn't kept a written journal in years, and...well...I don't know how to write, or do anything with my hooves yet. She told me that she would help me learn to write with my hooves, so that I could make my own journal entries myself eventually, and that Spike could write my first one for me. If I'm going to be stuck in this world for a while, then perhaps a journal could help me to pass the time, and who knows, maybe my entries will reach someone someday.

Spike went and got a quill, ink, and a long rolled up parchment. Standing at the ready, Spike waited for me to start speaking, so that he could take my story down. I guess the beginning is as good a place as any, so I started with; "I'm not quite sure where to begin."

Author's Note:

This entire story is meant to be seen as a journal entry made by myself, upon my first day in Ponyville. With that, since I'm still getting used to my new pony body, the entire entry was meant to be written by Spike as stated above. This is the cause of the crossed out words from time to time, due to his spelling limits, and for fixing Spike's boasting about himself.