• Published 11th Feb 2014
  • 3,351 Views, 160 Comments

Heat Death - ScottTrek



The heat death of the universe is inevitable, and Twilight's lived to see it. Nothing can stop the crawl of entropy, but maybe, just maybe, there's time for one last adventure.

  • ...
10
 160
 3,351

The Last Stand of Twilight Sparkle (Part 1)

At the end of the universe two figures fought. Twilight ran through Shadows domain; it had all dropped all pretences of civility and now resembled an hellish inversion of the Astral Plane. An endless void of nightmares and clawing darkness.

Twilight sent forth blast after blast of searing purple energy from her staff. The crystal at the end shone with power drawn from the destruction of everything she had fought so hard to protect. Her breaking body held up by determination and nothing else.

Shadow was master of his realm. Every particle here was bent to his will. He no longer looked like a pony. He was death incarnate, an eldritch amalgamation of every living things worst nightmares. Again and again he tried to crush the pony in front of him. Again and again he was thrown back.

Neither seemed able to destroy the other. Twilight was too weak to summon the power required. Shadow unable to stamp out her light.

In the distance a cyclone was forming. Shadows spell was nearing completion. Soon it would fully activate, a power of a entire universe, focused into one singular point. Heath Death would become a final singularity.

Twilight hissed as something sliced into her side. She would feel the sensation of hot wetness dripping down her side. it didn't matter. She was surprised she had any blood left to give. She gritted her teeth and kept fighting, she was beyond pain at this point.

Shadow howled as a bolt of energy burned passed what currently counted as his face. He could feel reality falling apart outside The Web. It would not be long now. Soon he would become beyond omnipotent, so why couldn't he finish her? He knew Twilight better than anything other being in existence... so why was she eluding him so?

In the distance the cyclone intensified.