• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 2,390 Views, 57 Comments

Cheese Pie - CarmenColor



Cheese Sandwich has always planned parties alone, but not anymore. Not since he found a certain pink mare...

  • ...
2
 57
 2,390

I don't wanna go!

Cheese Sandwich sighed, lowering his head in shame. His hat came down to rest over his eyes and his shawl lay heavy on his back. Boneless 2 sat there, unmoving. He looked over at the chicken. "Why didn't I tell her, Boneless 2? Maybe I care about her too much... I didn't want to see her sad..." The stallion trotted to SugarCube Corner and entered.

"Hey, Cheese! What's with the clothes? I didn't think you wore them around town..." Pinkie questioned, raising an eyebrow. Reluctantly, Cheese approached the counter she was standing behind.

"I don't..." he answered, his voice low, "Pinkie, I--" His voice cracked slightly and he returned to his normal tone. "I have to leave..." He looked away, a few tears coming to his eyes.

"Leave...? But...but I thought..." Pinkie frowned, her eyes watering, "Did I...?" Cheese quickly waved his hooves and shook his head.

"No, no! It's not you, Pinkie! It's just....planning parties here is Ponyville is great, but it's not the same...." He glanced down at the floor. "I'm sorry, I just miss being out there, planning parties... My cheesy sense has been telling me about parties in need for weeks, but I didn't want to go, because I don't want to leave you...."

"Oh, Cheese...." Pinkie hopped over the counter, her hooves clattering on the polished floor. "You know, just because we might not be close, doesn't mean I'll stop caring about you. You're still my number one party planner...."

"...And you're my number one party planner too..." he replied, wrapping Pinkie in a bone-crunching hug that the mare eagerly returned. Cheese felt his eyes water, and gave Pinkie a light kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry, I won't be gone forever... Just for a few weeks so I can calm down my cheesy senses...."

"I'll miss you..." she mumbled, nuzzling again this face, "Oh, and you too, Boneless 2!" She giggled and nudged the little rubber chicken. After a long moment of silence, they released each other from their hug. "I suppose this means we'll need to throw a...a Going-Away-For-A-Few-Weeks party..."

Cheese smiled. "That would be great, Pinkie. Come on, let's get everything ready!" If nothing else, planning the party would distract him from the thought of leaving. He really didn't want to go, but he had a duty to give helots any party that he could...

--cheese--pie--

Cheese Sandwich watched as the ponies gathered for his party, but he himself didn't approach. He wasn't actually sure if he was going to go... He didn't want to go knowing that he wouldn't see them all again for weeks. He didn't know if he could go that long without seeing Pinkie Pie. Silently, he trotted over to one of the many lakes around Ponyville and stared at his reflection. A few tears broken the surface of the water, rippling and distorting his face in the pond. When it had calmed down again, Cheese noticed a pink face reflected in the water behind him.

"Pinkie!" He quickly rubbed his eyes and turned to face her.

"Cheese, what are you doing here? We had the party all ready and everything..." She sat down next to him. "And why are you crying...?"

"Pinkie...." he sighed, snuggling up close to her, "I just... I don't want to leave, but I have to... There are parties out there that need me, and it's my job to go help them whenever I can. But..." He looked into her beautiful, blue eyes. "But I don't want to leave you, even for just a few weeks. You're amazing! You make my entire life like a nonstop party. Hay, you even helped me get my cutie mark in planning parties! I just don't think I can do it..."

"Well.... I know that I won't like you being so far away either, but we could write everyday! We could try to describe what is going on so we'd know it almost like we were there ourselves, and then maybe it won't feel like we're so far apart..." The mare gave a wide grin, which Cheese couldn't resist. He grinned back.

"That's a great idea, Pinkie!" He stood up. "Now...we have a party to attend?"

Pinkie giggled lightly and stood too. "Yep! Are you ready, Boneless 2?" she addressed the rubber chicken, who didn't reply, but Cheese giggled.

"Oh, he's ready! C'mon! I can't miss my own Going-Away-For-A-Few-Weeks party!" The colt gave Pinkie a quick peck on the lips and galloped towards the party, his face tinged a nice hot pink. Pinkie sat stunned for a split second before a broad grin stretched across her face and she hopped after him.

--cheese--pie--

The party was grand. Cheese couldn't have hooked for a better send off. He and Pinkie had let Boneless and Boneless 2 spend the night together on the window sill in Pinkie's room while they celebrated. They expected that the two rubber chickens would probably miss each other as much as Pinkie and Cheese were going to.

During the party, the two party ponies sang songs together and had a great time making everypony else smile however they could. There were piƱatas and games, and of course, sweets galore. And while it was a fabulous party, the two had also managed to keep it pretty tame.

That was, of course, until some pony spiked the cider.

Almost no pony who attended the party remembered much after that, save for a game of spin the bottle that resulted in a very drawn out kiss between Pinkie and Cheese, which was a bit startling to some ponies. No pony save for the mane six and a few other very close friends knew that The two ponies were head over hooves for each other. They all assumed they just spent so much time together because they both loved planning parties so much. They now realized that there was a little more to it than that...

Of course, that was not the thing most ponies thought about when they woke in the morning. Many of them had passed out on the ground and didn't quite remember where they were at first, and when they did, the only other thing they considered was the headache.

Well, unless it was Pinkie or Cheese, of course. They hadn't actually drank any of the spiked punch -since they were the ones who spiked it, just for fun- so they were completely fine come morning. They had slept hugging each other, and when Cheese woke, he smiled. Gently, he slipped away from Pinkie's grasp and threw on his shawl and hat. His cheesy sense was telling him that he needed to get going. He gently nuzzled the sleeping mare and whispered, "I'll be back, I promise." Pinkie opened her eyes a bit.

"Don't forget to write." Pinkie nuzzled him back.

"I won't," he said, smiling, "Come on, Boneless 2, we best get a move on. There are parties to plan!" He gave Pinkie a kiss on the lips before galloping off, eager yet reluctant to find his next party.

Author's Note:

Hello, hello, hello

This is just stuff that I am writing whenever I feel inspired to do so....

And I'm feeling pretty inspired right about now, so hopefully there will be more soon!