• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 2,390 Views, 57 Comments

Cheese Pie - CarmenColor



Cheese Sandwich has always planned parties alone, but not anymore. Not since he found a certain pink mare...

  • ...
2
 57
 2,390

I can't party today

Cheese trotted up to SugarCube Corner, a warm smile on his face. He'd hummed a little tune in time with his hoofsteps, but stopped abruptly when he noticed the sign on the door.

The bakery will not be open this morning.
We are taking our two foals for a checkup this morning, and our assistant won't be able to work the counter today.
We will be back this afternoon.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Cake

Cheese frowned, his eyes narrowing slightly. Their assistant couldn't work today? That was Pinkie Pie! "Oh no! What if something happened to her? Maybe she got hurt and that's why she can't work! Maybe she's in the hospital! I better go see her!" He looked around, not actually sure where the hospital would be.

Panic. Cheese Sandwich felt panic rising inside him. He looked around frantically. Where was the hospital? He had to find it! He had to find her! His feet frantically tapped on the hard ground as he trotted in place, wondering which way to go. He had to find her. He had to--

A sudden noise made Cheese turn back to the door of the bakery. It sounded like....coughing? Was there somepony in there? Cheese looked around to make no pony was watching before gently pushing the door open. He trotted inside and let it swing shut behind him.

"Hello? Is somepony in here...?" he called softly, carefully searching the dim room. SugarCube Corner looked so much different in the dark. "Hello?"

"...Who's there...?" a small, but very familiar voice answered, followed by more coughing like before. Cheese hurried towards the noise, rather forcibly shoving open a door to get there. "Ch-Cheese Sandwich!" Pinkie Pie stuttered, breaking into another coughing fit.

"Pinkie!" He galloped over to the bed that the other pony was laying in. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Cheese, don't get too close..." she mumbled, "I'm sick and I don't want you to catch it. I don't want you to feel all yucky..." She sneezed, little bits of confetti flying everywhere.

"But Pinkie, shouldn't someone be taking care of you?" Cheese asked, concerned. He didn't think it was a good idea for someone to be on their own when they were sick.

"The Cakes are going to when they get back home, so I was just gonna take a nap until then..." Pinkie pulled the blankets up to her cover half her face, leaving only her eyes and her dark pink snout showing. Cheese couldn't help but smile a bit. She still looked so cute, even if she was sick.

"I should throw you a Get-Well-Soon party..." he said, chuckling, "...or I guess I could just wait and throw you a Yay-You're-Better party!" Pinkie giggled a bit.

"That sounds nice, Cheese, but you should get out of here... Like I said, I don't want to get you sick." Pinkie pulled the blanket over her head, and Cheese smiled softly.

"You shouldn't worry about me, Pinkie. You're the one who's sick." He gently pulled the blanket off her face again. "Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?"

Pinkie thought for a moment, then smiled a bit and opened her mouth to respond, but sneezed instead. "Aaah-choo!" Cheese flinched and shook his head to knock off the pieces of confetti that had landed in his hair. Pinkie let out a short whine and covered her face with the blanket again. "...Soup would be nice..." she mumbled.

Cheese smiled. "Okay, I'll make you some. Just holler if you need me, okay?" Pinkie nodded and the colt walked out and made for the kitchen. SugarCube Corner may have been a bakery, but since the Cakes and Pinkie lived there, they had other types of food around too. Cheese found a pot of cold dandelion soup in the fridge and decided to heat that up. He hummed a soft tune as he did so.

It wasn't long before the soup had been warmed up, and Cheese carried it up to Pinkie's room. He gently pushed the door open with a soft squeak. "Pinkie...?" There was no response. He trotted inside and set down the bowl on the bedside table. "Pinkie Pie?" She seemed to be sleeping, and Cheese was reluctant to wake her. Sleep would be good for her, wouldn't it?

He shrugged slightly and say back on his haunches. He would just wait until she woke up then.

--cheese--pie--

The soup was still warm when the pink mare opened her eyes. Cheese had been watching out the window while she slept, but he was by her side as soon as she awoke. He held out a spoonful of soup to her, but she protested.

"Silly Cheese, I know how to feed myself!" She took the spoon and bowl from him and started eating the soup. Cheese Sandwich watched, smiling a bit. Pinkie finished eating and set the bowl back on the bedside table.

"Are you feeling better?" Cheese asked, and the pink pony nodded.

"Yeah, a lot better! Thanks for being here with me... I think it really helped that I wasn't alone." Cheese smiled brightly and nuzzled her cheek.

"I'm glad!" His ears perked up as he heard a noose from downstairs. The front door opened and closed. "Oh! It sounds like the Cakes are back! Well, I'll let them take care of you now, okay? After all, I need to plan your Yay-You're-Better party!" With that the stallion trotted out of the room and out the front door of the bakery. He hopped off towards Sweet Apple Acres to plan the party.

--cheese--pie--

The Next Day

Cheese Sandwich woke up and looked around. He was at Sweet Apple Acres in his room. He yawned and trotted into the bathroom to wash up and get ready for the day. He wondered if Pinkie was feeling better yet.

Cheese stared at his reflection in the mirror. Something didn't look quite right, but he couldn't place it. Was he paler than usual?

"Ahh-choo!"

Oh.