• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 858 Views, 16 Comments

The Lost Cousin - caveman0803



Meet Apple Risotto. He moves to ponyville and meets the family he never knew he had.

  • ...
3
 16
 858

Ch 1

The train stopped at the ponyville station on an early Wednesday morning. A jade green Pegasus Stallion with a red mane stepped off. Dressed in his saddlebags and a chef coat with numerous stains on it, he looked around the platform to get his bearings straight. He walked out into the early morning sunlight and started wandering around town wanting to see the sights before he found his hotel.

He came across what he assumed to be the market and went through to see the wares, wanting to get a good look around so when he finally bought his house he would know what’s good and what isn’t. Along the way he noticed an orange mare with a blond mane and a dark brown stetson running what seemed to be an apple stand. While he meandered over to the apple stand a pink pony was watching from afar.
“I want to say Hi and welcome him to Ponyville but I get these weird feelings in my tummy when I look at him.” Pinkie said to herself “I know, i’ll ask Twilight. She’s a super smart smarty pants so she’s bound to know.” Pinkie Pie then turned around and bounced to the golden oaks library to talk to the Princess of Friendship about her problem.

He walked up to the apple stand and was greeted by the Orange Mare who spoke with what he liked to call “Southern Charm”
“Howdy, what can i do ya for?”She asked

“I’m just checking out your wares. I’m new so i’m trying getting a feel for the town.” He replied.

“Well shoot then allow me to introduce myself. The names Applejack and I help run Sweet Apple Acres.” Applejack stated with a hint of pride.

“My name is Apple Risotto but you can call me Risotto. Like I stated previously i’m new to Ponyville and i’m looking for employment as a Chef.” Apple Risotto said.

After hearing his name Applejack gave him a questioning look. “Are you a member of the Apple family?” She asked curiously.

“I don’t think so. My mom named me that after her favorite rice dish. Turns out my special talent is cooking. After I made my very first dish, which was an Apple Risotto, my momma loved it and thats when I discovered my cutie mark.” He explained showing Applejack his cutie mark: a Red Apple with a Rice Plant growing out the top of it.

“Momma told me then and there that I should go to Culinary School.” He continued “However, before I became of age I met an older stallion named Mareo Batalli who took me on as his apprentice until I became of age.”

“Thats a nice storyl.” Applejack said.

While they were conversing an elderly green mare with a pie for a cutie mark and a grey mane sauntered down the road. She saw the pegasus and came closer to get a better view.

“So you and your family run…..ummm can I help you,” he said when he realized that an elderly mare was in his face staring at him.

“I’m just takin’ a peek at your mug little colt.” the old pony said. “Now hold still so I can get a better look atcha.”

“Granny leave him alone. I don’ need ya scarin’ off a new customer.” Protested Applejack.

“Uhh Applejack, who is this crazy old lady staring at me?” Risotto asked.

“That’s Granny Smith. She owns and runs Sweet Apple Acres. She’s also my granny.” Applejack explained.

“That explains a-” He began.

“I got it!” Exclaimed Granny Smith.

“Got what Ms. Smith?” Risotto asked.

“I know why I recognized ya.” Granny Smith said.

“Why’s that ma’am?”

“Cause yer ma long lost grandson.”

A moment of silence had befallen the three ponies. Applejack was looking at Granny like she had finally lost it, Granny was smiling as she looked at Risotto, and Risotto only had a look of confusion on his face.

After a few minutes of awkward silence Risotto was the first to speak.

“What?” he asked the elder pony

“You,” Granny pointed a hoof at Risotto “look just like your sorry excuse fer a father.”

“I do?” Risotto asked.

“Granny are you off yer rocker!” Applejack exclaimed. “You can’t just go around makin’ claims like that.”

“Hush now you. You ain’t too old fer me to put your over my knee.” Granny said scolding her granddaughter.

“Now close up the stand Applejack. We got an Apple ta get ta know. hot diggity!” Granny said with more enthusiasm than somepony her age should have.

Granny then took off to Sweet Apple Acres to formally meet her new “Grandson” and find out where he’s been all this time.

“I suppose we ought to follow Granny.” Applejack stated with a sigh. “I’m sorry ya had ta be roped into this Risotto.”

“It’s alright, I think. She seems like she means well. Lets amuse her and follow her to wherever she’s going.” Risotto replied.

“She’s headed to Sweet Apple Acres. Lets get goin’ then.” Stated Applejack

They took off after the elderly mare wondering what it was that she could possibly be thinking.

Meanwhile, at the town library, a pink earth pony mare with a pink cotton candy mane was talking to a purple alicorn mare with a purple mane with a pink streak.

“TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILIGHT.” Pinkie Pie called out. “I NEED YOUR HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.”

“Pinkie Pie you don’t need to yell.” Complained Twilight Sparkle. “What do you need?”

“Weeeeeeeeell” Pinkie started. She took in a deep breath.

“Iwasgoingaroundponyvilleandmypinkiesensetoldmetherewasanewponyintownsoiwenttothetrainstationandsawthenewstallionbutthenigotthisweirdfeelinginmytummyandididn’tknowwhattodosoidecideddthati’dvisitthesmartestponyprincessinallofequestriaandhereiam.”

She said in one breath.

Twilight sat there stunned. Not only was she constantly surprised with how fast Pinkie could talk but she was also surprised that she still got migraines from it.

“Pinkie Pie.” Twilight began while rubbing her head with her hoof “Lets try this again. Tell me what happened SLOWLY so I can understand and so I can better help you.”

“Ok. Well it all started when I woke up. I was brushing my teeth when my pinkie sense told me that there is a new pony in town. So I went to the train station to meet the new pony and to invite him to a “welcome to ponyville party”. When I got there I saw him walking through the market and when I looked at him my tummy started feeling funny like I ate a bunch of butterflies for breakfast which is weird because I had a slice of chocolate cake for breakfast. I didn’t know what that meant so I hid behind a wall and watched him have a conversation with Applejack. When the feeling in my tummy became too much I thought to myself “Pinkie you know who might know what's wrong with you? The smartest and purplest princess in AAAAAAAALL of Equestria.” so I came over here and it’s now.” Pinkie finished with a big grin on her face.

Twilight waited patiently for Pinkie to finish her explanation. When she saw that Pinkie was done she immediately put a smile on her face.

“Well Pinkie I’m going to need a bit more information before I can make my diagnosis.” Twilight said.

“Oh my is it serious Dr. Princess Twilight?” Asked Pinkie.

“I’m not sure yet Ms. Pie. As I said I need more information.” Twilight stated.

“Ok Dr. Princess Twilight.” Said Pinkie.

“So tell me about this new Stallion.” Twilight started.

“Well,” Pinkie began “He is a pegasus. He has a green coat and a red mane. He’s got an apple cutie mark like the Apple Family. Oh and he’s super cute.”

“I see.” Twilight said while scribbling on a piece of paper with her quill. “Now the last statement you made, go into a little more detail.”

“Okey dokey lokie.” Pinkie said. “Well when I saw him the first thing I noticed were his eyes. He had the prettiest shade of orange I have ever seen. Next was the color of his mane. It reminded me of the candied apples you get for Nightmare Night. He was fit but not to fit. Last but most certainly not least was his smile. When he got off the train he had a smile of contentment and it felt like my heart melted. Ohmagosh TWILIGHT. I think my heart melted can you check it please please please please.”

“Pinkie stop.” Twilight commanded

Pinkie immediately stopped talking and looked at Twilight with a concerned look in her eye. Twilight saw that Pinkie was getting freaked out over this so she put on her most sincere smile and told Pinkie her findings.

“Pinkie Pie. Before I tell you my findings let me ask you something.” Twilight said.

“Ok Dr. Princess Twilight.” Pinkie replied.

“Have you ever read a romance book of any sort or seen a romantic movie?” Twilight asked.

“Yes.” Pinkie said.

“From the notes I have compiled I have figured out your ailment and no your heart didn’t literally melt.” Twilight stated.

“Okey dokey Dr. Princess. Whats my problem?” Pinkie asked.

“You are suffering from what ponies call Love at first Sight.” Twilight explained.”You, Pinkie Pie, have fallen head over hooves for the new pony in town.”

Pinkie Pie let out a loud gasp as she realized that Twilight was right. “Oh my gosh Twilight you’re right. I am in love with him.” Pinkie said. “Thanks Twilight you really are the Smartest, Purplest, and bestest princess in all of Equestria.
Pinkie Pie turned around and bounced out of the library back to Sugarcube Corner to figure out how she was going to win the affection of the new pony in town.