• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 684 Views, 30 Comments

Silverspirit The Immortal Unicorn (ArtemisXSilverspirit) - Silverjades96



A love story between Prince Artemis and Silver Spirit

  • ...
9
 30
 684

Chapter 3: Element of Magic

Author's Note:

Kay, I gonna be a bit more busy this time. I got lots of stuff to do. *Laugh* Silverspirit feel asleep after all. NEW BAD GUY CHANGE PPL!!!!!!!!! Will happen next chapter.

Silverspirit was starting to admire this town. The town was bustling and she enjoyed the sight of other ponies going around. However, she noticed that the other ponies would have a cutie mark on their flank. Only the young fillies didn't have their cutie marks yet. Silver definitely knew that there was something different that made her apart from everyone else. She glanced at her covered flank. She was glad enough that she decided to put it on after she ate all the fruit she brought. For a moment though, she felt a little heartache. Silverspirit frowned inwardly. Heartache?, she thought. Of what?

AJ, a little bit unsettled because of the silence, he cleared his throat. "So Silver what do you know about yourself so far?"

Silverspirit stopped and blinked at him. "I thought I told you before", she said, puzzled. AJ stopped as well then chuckled as he remember the events at the farm.

"So you did", he replied. Silverspirit giggled and continued walking. There were a lot questions forming inside her mind.

"How about this", she said. "I ask you questions, fair enough?" AJ nodded, pleased to have her talking again. She grinned. "So do you have any friends?"

"Ah sure do! Ah've five of them. We're the Elements of Harmony", he said proudly.

"What are the Elements of Harmony", she asked.

"The one of the most powerful force and magic in Equestria", he explained. "It consists of Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, Laughter, Loyalty and Magic. Each of mah friends, including me, possess each element. Together, we bring back balance to Equestria when there is chaos".

"Ah", she said. "So what element are you?" AJ smiled even wider, his chest puffed out more.

"Ah'm glad you ask. The Element of Honesty at yer service", he said. He stopped, taking his hat off and gave an exaggerating bow. Silverspirit laughed.

"So who are your other friends?" she wiggled her brows causing AJ in turn to laugh.

"Ah think it's better to tell you who's who when you meet them", he said.

"Aww", she complained. AJ laughed again as she pouted.

"But we're gonna meet Dusk Shine, the Element of Magic. He's the brainiest out of all of us so Ah hope he can help us". Her eyes flashed with a glimmer of hope. I hope so, she thought.

As they walked the rest of the way to Dusk's Library, they chatted about Equestria life. Silverspirit was enjoying AJ's company. The big stallion reminded her of somepony that she used to know... She shook her head a bit. How can that pony seem familiar when she just met him.

AJ stopped in front of the tree house, a sign indicating it was the library. Silverspirit was amazed. Sure she slept in a magical cave but she didn't know that the pony they were going to meet lived in a live tree. Silverspirit jumped as AJ started to pound on the door. She swore if AJ was going to knock anymore, it would break off.

"Ey, Dusk! Barbra! Are you two in there?", he shouted. AJ raised his hoof again to knock on the door after a few seconds of silence but the door opened in time, revealing a little purple dragon. The dragon frowned at the big stallion, putting one of her claws on her hips.

"AJ, could you knock any harder? This door can only hold so much, you know?", Barbra said. AJ smiled sheepishly and walked in as Barbra stood aside, holding the door open. Silverspirit smiled at Barbra and bowed her head. The little dragon surprised, mimicked her.

"Thank you", she said. "My name is Silverspirit". Barbra gave a small friendly chuckle and closed the door. Then she turned to them.

"My name is Barbra. I'm Dusk's assistant", she replied. "How may I help you?"

"Where's Dusk?", inquired AJ. "We need to talk to him" Barbra pointed a claw to the second floor. Then they heard a shout.

"Barbra, whose at the door?!", Dusk shouted. AJ sighed.

"It's me, AJ. We kindly need yer assistance", he hollered back. They heard a grumble and watched as the lavender stallion came down the stairs. No, alicorn, she corrected herself as she saw the horn and the wings. She felt giddy thought, a pony like no other appeared before her.

Dusk smiled as he came down to greet AJ. "Hello AJ, what brings you here?", he greeted. AJ inclined his head toward Silverspirit.

"This lady, Silverspirit, needs some assistance", he said. Dusk looked behind AJ, his eye's glitter in interest at the silver unicorn.

"Yes, I see. I am Dusk Shine. What do you need help of?", Dusk asked. Silverspirit looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"I was hoping you can help me find my memories", she said. "I don't know who I am anymore". Dusk grew interested.

"What do you mean by that?", he asked. Silverspirit sighed. With a glow from her horn, she took off the cloth covering her flank. Dusk inspected her closely, making her feel uncomfortable.

AJ's and Barbra's eye bulged as they saw her blank flank. So that's why she had that cloth round her body, he thought. No pony he knew had no cutie mark at that age.

"A unicorn", Dusk muttered. "Interesting. A unicorn without memories nor a cutie mark". Dusk paced around the room a bit then shrugged. He stopped and turned toward her with a smile. "Alright, I will help find your memories along with my friends. AJ, I'm sure the rest will join along too?" AJ nodded.

"Trust me, Dusk. Once one of us elements are involved, we're mostly included too", he replied. Dusk nodded in agreement.

"Let the Elements of Harmony begin their work again", he replied. Silverspirit's heart was so full of hope, she began to cry happily onto Barbra's shoulder.

For the rest of the afternoon, they all chatted while munching on some sandwiches Barbra made for all of them. Silverspirit helped make them as well for she felt sorry to make Barbra make all the food. They laughed, told stories and joked. Sometimes Dusk would ask Silverspirit some questions, hopefully to get a sense what happen to her.

"So Silver", he said. Silverspirit looked at him. "Where did you wake up?"

"I woke up in a underground cave in the Evergreen Forest", she replied munching on some delicious hay sandwiches.

"Do you have any recollection of your past?", asked Dusk.

She swallowed her sandwich and laid down on her hooves. "None at all, well of course except for my name. Apparently according to the cave I woke up in, I appeared in the cave with critical injuries. All it told me is that I have been sleeping for a long time". Dusk rubbed his chin. That's another interesting thought. A unicorn that doesn't know anything but her name. She has no cutie mark and the only clue she has is that she was gravely injured. I wonder how long she was sleeping, Dusk thought.

"Silver", Dusk said. "Do you mind if I look into your mind?" Silverspirit nodded. Hopefully he could also find out why she couldn't remember anything. Dusk went over to Silverspirit and touched horns with her, sending a small jolt to her body as Dusk began to look deep inside her mind.

It took five minutes till Dusk sighed and broke the connection. "I don't know what's the cause of amnesia. However, there are a couple possibilities. One might be someone stole your memories and two loss of memories due to injury", he said finally. Silverspirit sighed. Then Barbra yawned, making the ponies realize that it was getting late.

"Silver, do you have a place to sleep", AJ said, changing the subject for Barbra's sake.

"Well I can go back to the Everfree Forest and in sleep in the cave", she replied.

"It's not safe in the Everfree Forest at night", interjected Dusk.

Silverspirit thought for a moment. "Well, is there anywhere I can stay?", she asked.

"Why don't you come with me? Ah'm sure we have room to spare", AJ offered. He got up slowly to stretch his legs, getting rid of the kinks.

"Silver, why don't you sleep here?", Dusk asked. "I think it's easier since we have to go to Elusive's shop tomorrow". AJ stopped in mid-stretch and looked Dusk.

"For what?" both AJ and Silverspirit asked. Silverspirit grew curious. Why did she need to go shopping? She didn't even have money at all.

Barbra, who listened to the whole entire conversation, piped in. "To disguise you, Silver. Somehow we need to hide that flank of yours". Dusk nodded in agreement.

"That's right. If the cave showed her that she was injured then someone might be after her", Dusk said. AJ nodded.

"That's true", AJ said. "Yer place would be the safer one than mine. Well then it's settled. Silver, yer ok with sleepin here?" His eyes looked at Silverspirit. She nodded and got up to say goodbye to AJ.

"Ah'll see three of you tomorrow in the morn. Night". He waved goodbye and walked all the way home.

After AJ left, they got ready for the night. Dusk started to take out some extra pillows and blankets.

"Well, I think this evening was fantastic", Dusk said. Silverspirit nodded.

"I really want to thank you for helping me", she said. Dusk smiled.

"No problem. Plus, I get to show you the magic of friendship is all about", he said. Silverspirit smiled then frowned as she saw what he was doing.

"Dusk, what are you doing?", she asked. Dusk chuckled.

"Well I can't leave my guest sleep on the floor", he said. Silverspirit quickly shook her head.

"Dusk, I really appreciate it but I'll sleep on the floor", she said. Dusk looked at her.

"But by the chivalrous rules I must let the guest sleep on the bed!", he protested. Silverspirit sighed.

Oh boy, she thought. I guess he doesn't know the word of comfort zone.

"Dusk, I really appreciate it, really. But sleep in your own bed for your own sake. Besides, I like sleeping in front of the fireplace", she replied sternly.

"Are you absolutely sure?", he asked. Silverspirit nodded her head. He sighed then shrugged.

"Alright, help yourself then", Dusk said. Silverspirit smiled and took the blankets and pillows in front of the fireplace. Dusk raised an eyebrow as she arranged herself. As all three of them settled down, Dusk turned off the lights. Barbra and Dusk soon fell asleep a moment later but Silverspirit stayed awake as she lay warm in front of the fire. She had to many things on her mind and she thought she didn't need much sleep considering that she had been in a very long coma.

She looked through the window and sighed. The night was beautiful tonight. She smiled and closed her eyes as the stars seemed to lure her to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis ate dinner quietly with Solaris. The air, thick with tension, unsettled the guards. He excused himself as he left the dinning room to his room. He threw his sword against the wall as he entered his room. I need to start searching for her, he thought. Silver's still alive. I need to tell her what I should have told her a millennia ago. As Artemis paced around, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in", he said. The captain of his night army, Starsword, came inside and saluted Artemis. Artemis looked at him wearily.

"Really", Artemis said. "Must you salute me when you know I told not to?" Starsword smiled. He was actually one of the ponies that Artemis became close friends with.

"Can't help it", Starsword said. "It's protocol". He took off his helmet and set it aside. Starsword walked over to the front of the fireplace and sat down.

"You have been acting weird since this morning my friend", Starsword said casually. Artemis snorted.

"Gee, I wonder what gave that away?", he said sarcastically. Starsword smiled and put his chin on his hoof.

"Let's see. One of the soldiers told me and um the air tension in the dinning room when you were eating dinner with Solaris", he said. Artemis cocked an eyebrow at him. "What's with you by the way? I never seen you like this before". Artemis sighed.

"The stars had just showed me that someone important to me as reappeared. I can't forgive myself what I did to her", Artemis said. Starsword straighten.

"Her?", Starsword in disbelief. This is big news, especially when Artemis, the lord of the night, has a special mare in mind.

"Yes, her. What else you want me to say?", Artemis said crossly.

Starsword raised his front hooves in surrender. "Nothing, nothing". Then his face became serious. "So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to find her", he replied. "Not tonight though. I have too much stress today" Starsword nodded his head and sighed. He quickly got up and put on his helmet before exiting the room.

"Have a nice evening" Starsword said. Artemis nodded and closed the door after him. Then he took out a map of Equestria, hoping to figure out where she might be.