• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 3,982 Views, 38 Comments

Soarin's Scales - Thebravenorse



A month has pasted after Soarins and Spitfires break-up, now Soarins life is turned upside down. Maybe Spike can help.

  • ...
34
 38
 3,982

The Dinner

Soarin's Scales
Chapter three:
The Dinner

“Soarin, are you ready yet?” Asked Spike from the living room of his house.

“Just one more moment bro, and I'll be down” Came the reply from upstairs.

Tonight was Spike and Soarins first date. They spent all of yesterday searching for a good place to have there said date, but in retrospect that should not be a hard task to complete. Soarin had suggested that they go to a bar. Spike on the other hand suggested that they go somewhere more... maturer.

And there was no place more maturer than Spot de' oss, the most fancy restaurant in Ponyville.

Soarin was unwilling. But eventually Soarin gave into Spikes idea. But only If Spike agreed that he didn't have to where a tuxedo. Spike beamed and gave the Pegasus a big hug. But then made him promises to at least wear something presentable. Spike will agree that he was being a little like Twilight a this moment, but that was only because he had not been on a real date since... Cherilee. But that was another story.

“Soarin, come on already!” Called Spike sounding impatient. “Hurry up! or where going to be late!”.

Gods, sometimes hes worse than a mare Thought Spike.

Only a few moments later said pegasus totted down the stares. Spike looked up, his eyes growing wide.

Soarin was wearing a simple black leather jacket.. It was the complete opposite of Spikes attire. The dragon was wearing a fancy black tuxedo made by his childhood crush Rarity. Soarins outfit wasn't bad at all. He looked good. But it was like the jacket said: Soarin the wonderbolt! all over it. Spike was piratically drooling.

“Ha! I'm so hot that your mouth is watering” He laughed.

Spike blushed, and looked away. Soarin soon calmed down and also looked away. I still can't believe that I'm about to go on a date, with a male! Thought Soarin blushing.

“Its not to little, right?” Asked Soarin looking down at his attire, and then up to Spikes tux. “I mean, its not as fancy as your tuxedo. But I thought tha-"

“Its perfect” Said Spike cutting him off with a finger to his lips. “In fact! I think that I'm a little overdressed”.

They both gave a light chuckle. Smiling at each other they heading too the door. Then Spike opened said door for his (Hopefully) soon-to-be coltfriend. Soarin thanked him and walked outside. Closing the door Spike had one thing on his mind.

Please Gods above, let tonight go well Spike prayed/begged under his breath.

* * *

“Good evening gentlecolt- errrr, I mean stallion and dragon. Do you have a reservation?” Asked the waiter, looking a little nervous with a real dragon standing right in front of him.

“Yes, as a matter-of-fact we do” Said Spike. “Its under Spike Sparkle”.

The waiter looked down at his papers and nodded.

“Oh yes! I see right here. And *gasp* it says that your a Prince?!” Spike nodded, blushing. “well then sir's please follow me then”.

Spot de' oss was the seconded tallest building in Ponyville, right underneath the Ponyville clock tower. So when Spike and Soarin were seated at there table on the top floor, they had a grate view of Ponyville.

A waitress came to there table. "What will you be having tonight sir's?".

“I'll take a Ice Tea” Said Soarin.

“And I'll have a bottle of your finest wine” Spike gave a wink to Soarin.

The waitress smiled and trotted away. Soarin transferred his gaze to Spike and grinned.

“So, trying to get me drunk are we?” Started Soarin. “Is that apart of your grand plan to get laid tonight?”

“Oh please..” Spike waved a claw. “like I need to get you drunk to have sex”.

Soarin blushed.

"I might just agree with you Spike.." They both blushed and chuckled.

Another waitress came carrying the drinks. "There you go sir's". She trotted away.

Spike poured them both a glass of wine. Soarin put his tea to the side.

Soarin took a sip. Then his face scrunched up. "Eww!" He exclaimed. "that's awful!".

Spike raised an eyebrow. "What? you never had wine before?".

He shook his head. "I'm more of a beer guy".

Spike giggled. "Its a taste you have to get used to" The dragon took another sip.

* * *

The waitress returned and asked for there orders. Spike got the salad with Prench dressing. Soarin got a plane hay bugger. She nodded and trotted away.

Spike sighed. "Soarin this is the most fancy restaurant in Ponyville. You don't have to settle for a hay-bugger”.

Soarin smiled.“I know that. But its just, I've been craving a hay-burger for days now” He blushed. “Also, I couldn’t read the other foods. They were all in Prench”.

The two friends burst into laughter.

Spike laughed again. Then he reached across the table and lifted Soarin chin up. “Soarin? theirs something I've been wanting to tell you for a long, long time” Spike closed his eyes and brought his face closer. "I love you" he whispered. The dragons lips came closer.

Soarin eyes widened. Not only because of Spikes confession, but because Spikes lips were getting real close. They were about to have there first kiss. OMG! I can't believe that this is about to happen! our first kiss. Heck, where not even offical yet and here Spike gos all first base on me. Okay Soarin, just close you eyes and meet Spike half way....

Soarin closed his eyes and leaned in. And then..

They connected.

But then the second floor elevator to the restaurant opened to revile noun other than Soarin's ex-marefriend.

Spitfire.

Her eyes widened at the since before her. Her ex was kissing another stallion. No! not a stallion, but a dragon.No! She couldn’t let this happen.

"Soarin! what are you doing?!" Her furious yell filled the entire restaurant, top to bottom.

Spike and Soarin broke apart, there eyes wide. Soarin was the first to see Spitfire and she did not look happy at all. He had been with Spitfire long enough to know that when she gets pissed. She gets pissed BIG TIME!

“This won't end well” He whispered

* * *

Spike, Soarin and Spitfire all looked upon each-other in silence.

The top floor to the restaurant had been deserted by the other patrons after Spitfires outburst. There were only two pony's and a dragon left. Spitfire calmed down enough to take a seat across from the couple. Both party’s stared at each-other in awkward silence.

Until Spitfire spoke.

“How long...?”.

Soarin cleared his throat. “How long, as in: Me and Spike or as in-”

“Yes. You and that lizard!”.

Spike took offense from her rude comment. Dragons were known to get very angry from being called lizard. And Spike was no exception. But he just chose to ignored it. For now.

“Little over a day and a half. Why?” Asked The Wonderbolt crossing his hoofs.

She sighed. “Good. Then there's still time”.

Both Dragon and Pegasus looked confused.

“Still time for what?” They both asked.

Spitfire looked confused herself. “You know. To cure you from the gay. I'll take you to this place I've read about where they can help you Soarin” She looked to Spike. “And maybe you too”.

The new couple was both shocked and disgusted. They new about these places that she was talking about (Well mostly Spike) and they did not cure you. There was nothing to cure anyway. All those places did was beat you until you where cured from the gay sin. But there was no cure. Because its not a disease!

“If anypony needs a cure, than its you Spitfire. Cure you from being a bitch!” Said Soarin looking proud from his remark.

Spitfire looked hurt. Spike on the other hand face-clawed.

“Very funny Soarin. But let me do the talking, please” Said Spike with another sigh.

Soarin nodded. Then Spike turned his attention to Spitfire.

“Spitfire, do you really believe in that anti-gay crap?”.

She looked down.

“No...”

Soarin jumped up and got in her face. “Then whats this about!? You cheated on me. I was sad and on the verge of suicide” Spitfire looked shocked. “but then Spike came along and saved me. He even let me stay at his place until I got better. After a few days I started to feel something different for him. I... I fell in love. Ha! That's right I’m in love” He jumped up and yelled. “You hear that world! I'm in Love!”.

Then he remembered that nopony was on the top floor. So he sat back down awkwardly. Spike giving him a warm smile, and to his surprise. Spitfire smiling.

She looked at both of them. Back and fourth until stopping at Soarin. “So, dose this dragon really make you happy?”.

He smiled and took Spikes claw in his hoof. Giving it a tight squeeze. “Yes he dose. So, very much” Spike looked on the verge of tears.

Spitfire sighed and looked sad. “Then I'm sorry” She looked away from them. “for everything...”.

“Why?”.

Her head shot up and she looked to not Soarin, but to Spike. Who had asked the question.

“Excuse me?”.

“Why did you cheat on Soarin in the first place?”.

Both her and the male Pegasus looked shocked at the bluntness that the question was asked in. Spitfire looked it Soarin. Tears in her eyes.

“I...I..” She broke down. “I'M SO SORRY!!!”.

Spike and Soarin were taken aback from the outburst. She was now openly sobbing.

“I.. n-never wanted to c-cause you so much p-pain! I just couldn’t lead you on anymore. So I lied. I never cheated on you!”.

There eyes grew. “But the letter-”

“Buck the letter! I lied Soarin. I lied because... because...” She smacked her head on the table. With her mouth covered by the wood they couldn’t make out what she was saying. “I'm m... memmman”

They leaned in. “What was that?”.

“I'm a.... melmman”.

“Your a what?”Asked Spike.

She sighed and lifted her head. Looking her ex in the eyes she spoke.

“I'm a lesbian”

She bowed her head in shame. How could she have done this to him? He was her oldest friend so she couldn't just say no when he asked her out. But look at what she did to him and herself .She was unhappy in the relationship, but he looked like he was having the time of his life. For a year she led him on. A bucking year! She never met to hurt him.

But yet she did. She should have just say no from the start. That way nopony would have gotten hurt. And all that anti-gay crap she just spoke. That was a lie to. She thought that she could turn him into the bad guy then everything would be fine. But instead it just made her an even bigger jerk.

She was expecting to be yelled at, pushed, or even hit by Soarin and his drakefriend. But instead what she got was a hoof placed upon her shoulder.

She looked up to see the warm smiles from the couple.

“But I..." She wiped away some tears. "your not mad?”.

The Pegasus shrugged. “A little. But not because your a lesbian. And had know that you were one even where we were going out!” His voice softened. “but because you lied to me. And to yourself. I though we were friends, and your supposed to tell friends everything” He smiled and placed out a hoof.

"No. were not friends”.

His smile fell. But hers appeared.

“Where teammates. Then friends” She took his hoof and sat up. “I'll be seeing you at Wonderbolt practice tomorrow. You got that!”.

He grinned and gave her a salute

“Yes ma'am!"

THE END!

Author's Note:

THE END...