• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 4,047 Views, 115 Comments

Flying Without Wings - FierceRainbow



Applejack becomes jealous of both Twilight and Rainbow Dash having wings.

  • ...
24
 115
 4,047

Chapter Four: Big Decisions

Big Decisions

Applejack awoke to the feelings of many small, slender feathers brushing along her belly to the response of a tingly feelings that made a sleepy laugh draw itself up from her throat. She tried to ignore it, but the feathers didn’t stop, picking up the pace as they attacked her mercilessly. Before long, she was laughing loudly, muffling her shrieks into her pillows.

“Stop! Sto-op!” Applejack cried out, her eyes flying open as it grew to be too much for her. She was greeted by the sight of Rainbow Dash curled up atop her bed, effortlessly stretching out one wing to tickle her. “Ra-rainbo-ow!”

In a desperate attempt to escape her wings, she rolled over, ending up tumbling off the edge of her bed in a heap of blankets. After a brief struggle, she poked her head out angrily, trying again to scold her mischevious marefriend. “Rainbow! What the hay are ya’ll doin’?”

“Tickling you, duh,” Rainbow snorted, looking down on her with a glint in her eyes. “I can’t help it if I wake up and you’re lying there, looking all peaceful and vulnerable.”

“Would it really hurt to jus’ lemme sleep a bit longer?” Applejack grumbled, finally pulling herself free of the treacherous duvet that had trapped her.

“Of course. That would be wasting a perfect opportunity,” she leapt off the edge of the bed, kissing the tip of her nose. “And it’s super adorable when you’re mad.”

She let out an irritated huff, giving Dash a glare that soon dissolved into a carefree smile. “Alright, ya got me. But I’ll have my revenge on ya’ll, I swear it.”

“Of course you will,” Rainbow Dash said sweetly, mockingly. “But it’s going to be hard to beat me.”

A challenge, eh? Applejack smirked. “We’ll see ‘bout that, then.”

She pounced upon her marefriend, knocking her to the floor in one swift blow, putting in just enough force to push her down, but not enough to hurt her. Happy that she was securely held down, Applejack moved her front hooves down from Rainbow’s shoulder, brushing them across her belly, using only the edges.

Rainbow Dash let out a helpless giggle, which turned into a chuckle as she drew swirls and patterns swiftly. But it wasn’t enough. With a predatory look, she grabbed Rainbow’s foreleg, tickling it slowly. Soon enough, her laughter began to increase. “A-AJ, stop it,” she broke off momentarily before collecting herself again. “That’s not… ahah! That’s not fair!”

“All’s fair in love an’ war, sugarcube,” Applejack quoted loftily, attacking her partner with everything she had. It wasn’t long before Rainbow was thrashing on the floor, squealing out loudly, unable to free herself. Successfully having conquered her, she stepped back off her to let her catch her breath. “What was that ‘bout me not bein’ able ta beatcha?”

Rainbow rolled her eyes, still wheezing. “Okay, okay… you win.”

“Haha!” Triumphantly, she pumped her hoof into the air. “Rainbow Dash admits I’m better than ‘er!”

“Don’t get a big head, AJ,” she smirked back at her. “Then I’ll have to start calling you a lazy bum.”

“Lazy? Ya’ll lookin’ at th’ wrong mare, sugar,” she lowered her eyelids seductively, drawing closer until they were muzzle-to-muzzle, Dash’s suddenly quick breath against her lips. “We both know I do most of th’ work in bed.”

The blue from her face completely vanished, turning beet red. “I… uh. Dammit, AJ, stop being so sexy!”

Applejack couldn’t hold back a laugh at that, imitating her boisterous marefriend. “It ain’t my fault I’m so awesome.”

A sudden weight came upon her and she found herself pressed against the floor, Dash leering down at her. “Come on, you know you couldn’t beat the real thing. You’re not fast enough to beat me?”

“What are ya’ll sayin’?” Applejack raised an eyebrow, though she knew exactly what was being implied.

“I’m saying, I’ll always beat you in race.” She grinned down at her, just daring her to speak up.

“Why don’t we put that to th’ test?” she sat up, resting her hooves around the other mare’s shoulders. “If ya’ll think ya have a shot.”

“Just you watch.”

Before she knew it, Dash had hugged her close to her lean, athletic chest, unfurled her wings and leaped out of the window. Her surprise scream was cut short as the Pegasus levelled out, gliding swiftly over the farm. Her breath was snatched from throat, leaving her to stare at the beautiful blue feathers fluttering above her.

Rainbow Dash glided down to the ground, landing on her back legs to gingerly set Applejack down on the ground. For a few moments longer she lay swung around her neck, before realizing she was supposed to be moving. She let go quickly, scrambling for a grip on the dirt, her heart racing wildly in her chest. Darnit, Rainbow sure does have an effect on me.

Before either of them to make a most likely embarrassing attempt to break the silence, a familiar voice came within earshot, followed by the sight of a purple Alicorn. “Hey! Applejack! Rainbow!”

She smiled warmly. “Howdy, Twilight. It’s great to see ya’ll.”

As she drew closer, Applejack crossed the distance, standing up and gripping the side of Twilight’s face lightly, leaning in for a loving kiss. Her face was flushed was flushed as she parted, melting into a hug. “You too.”

“Hey, lemme in on this!” Dash flew down from above, wrapping them both into a hug.

“I was coming here to talk to you about that book, AJ,” Twilight said, everypony taking a step back to maintain their personal space. “You probably got it for a reason, and I-”

“Who’s up for a run?” Applejack interrupted her.

“Aw yeah!” Rainbow took to the air, beating her wings fiercely. “I’m so ready for a workout. Catch me if you can!” With that she shot of, although seemingly slower than her normally break-neck pace so that the other two could catch up.

“I’m mighty sorry ‘bout that, Twi’,” Applejack apologized as soon as Rainbow left. “I jus’ don’t really wanna talk ‘bout it right now, an’ not with Rainbow ‘ere. I wanna keep it for as little ears as possible, ya know?”

Twilight gently kissed. “Of course. Don’t worry, I’m here for you if anything’s wrong,” she also took flight, hovering expectantly. “Shall we go? Rainbow’ll be waiting for us.”

“‘Course,” as they set of, Applejack took the time to admire Twilight’s easily beating wings, and the bright shape of an impatiently waiting Dash in the distance. Right there and then, she knew exactly what she was going to do. “I’m ready.”