• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 1,512 Views, 23 Comments

My Second Chance - Devious Brony



What if everyone gets a second chance? This is exactly what a human named Joel Summers gets. After dieing in a tragic car accident that left his body nothing but a pile of goo and bones, he ends up in a magical world full of talking colorful horses.

  • ...
4
 23
 1,512

Chapter 6 - Legends

When I felt the sting of the thorns puncturing my skin, the tears streaming down my face and onto the ground, I knew I couldn't be dreaming. I could feel it all. No dream can be this real, not in a million years. I looked out towards Calmare, standing up and dropping the bloody rose.

I stood there, thinking about how I'll never get back my old life. How many people came to my funeral, how many people cried for me, what will my room mate do without me there, why did I have to die? These questions filled my mind, along with hundreds of others. I couldn't think clearly, my body didn't move from that spot.

My mind finally cleared when one thought appeared in my head. What will you do with your new life? I cringed my teeth, took in a deep breath, and screamed as loud as I could out of anger. "I'm not going to waste my life like I did before!! I have a new life and I'm going to take full advantage of it!!"


[/hr]

Daisy woke up, feeling a throbbing pain in her skull. "Ugh... Joel...?" She said, yawning afterwards. Daisy sat up, looking around for Joel. Daisy could see that she was in her room, a bucket nearby her that was filled with a bit of throw up. She began to remember bits and pieces of last night, about how she danced with Joel, when he sang, and how she drank through the night. She couldn't remember anything else after that.

Daisy climbed out of bed and began to walk downstairs, hearing the sounds of cooking as a waft of something delicious filled her nostrils. She walked into the kitchen, seeing Joel cooking pancakes at the stove. He turned his head to look at her, "Oh, hey Daisy. You feeling alright?" He asked, turning back to his work.

Daisy nodded as she walked over to sit down at the table. "Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid last night." Daisy said, massaging her temples with her hooves. Joel walked over to set down a plate of three pancakes and a fork. Daisy looked at the pancakes, noticing the bits of red in the pancake. "What's this?" She asked.

"A pancake." Joel answered, walking back over to cook pancakes for himself.

Daisy rolled her eyes "No idiot, I mean what's in the pancakes." Daisy said, picking up her fork to try a bite of the pancakes.

"I call them strawberry pancakes. I noticed you had some extra strawberries in the fridge, so I thought I might try making some." Joel said, pouring pancake batter onto the pan. When Daisy took her first bite, her eyes widened. She dropped the fork, which landed on her plate.

Joel looked back at her. "You okay?" He asked, getting a blank wide eyed stare from the mare. She picked up her fork and began to eat it fast and happily. This got a small laugh from Joel. The pancakes were made with shredded strawberries, then coated with the juices that were left over from the shredding.

She finished by the time Joel got the second plate done. She let out a relaxed sigh as she looked over towards Joel. "You can cook, sing, and give amazing massages. Keep this up and I'll have to marry you." Daisy said.

Joel sat on his knees and took a bite of his pancakes. "Yeah, if you married me then you would want a divorce after the first year." Joel said, giving Daisy a smile.

"Aw, why would you say that?" Daisy asked, giving him a fake, sad look.

"Because your puppy dog eye look will ware off and I wont do everything you ask me to do." Joel said. They both smiled and laughed. Daisy got up from the table so she could sit next to Joel.

"I think we should go see Sunny today, it's my day off so I want to check up on how she's doing." Daisy said, leaning into Joel. Joel suddenly froze, remembering that he never told Daisy about the situation he was stuck in.

"U-Uhm... I-I don't think that's such a good idea." Joel said, getting a look from Daisy.

"Why not? Did you two get in a fight?" Daisy asked.

"N-No no I just-... Well..." Joel said, trying to find the right words to say. He sighed in defeat, knowing it would be easier if he just told her the truth. "Listen... Something happened on the way to Sunny's place. When we get there, I want you to promise not to freak out."

"Well, alright. But If you did something to Sunny and it makes me mad, I'm going to slap you." Daisy said, getting up and walking towards the stairs that's outside the kitchen. "I'm going to take a shower, after I finish you better go upstairs and take one too."

Joel just rolls his eyes as he goes back to eating his breakfast.


[/hr]

"So... Let me get this straight. If we don't give this potion to all four of you by sundown tomorrow... You will all have your own bodies, permanently?" Sunny asked, trying to understand the new information Fury told her this morning.

"Yes, that is correct. Tomorrow I will start my hunt for Desire. Until then I think the best course of action is to stay right here, before Sorrow gets himself into more trouble." Fury says, grabbing Sorrow by the back of his shirt and pulling him closer. "Isn't that right, Sorrow?"

Sorrow nodded his head quickly in fear. "Y-Yes! J-Just p-please don't hurt me!" Sorrow begs, cowering in fear. There was a knock on the door. Sunny looked over towards it, walking over and using her magic to open the door. She saw Joel and Daisy standing there.

"Daisy? Joel? What are you two doing here?" Sunny asked.

"Were here for a visit silly." Daisy said, wrapping her forelegs around Sunny's neck. Daisy looked into the house and froze when she saw Fury walking over towards them. Fury walked past Sunny and Daisy and went straight for Joel. Fury grabbed onto Joel's throat, causing Joel to gasp and grab onto Fury's wrists.

"You're going to go inside right now, sit down, and have a little chat with me. Understood?" Fury said, getting a nod from Joel before letting him go. Joel walked inside as Sunny sighed.

"Come on, let's go inside. I can explain it when we're in the kitchen." Sunny said to Daisy. Daisy put her hooves back onto the ground as she followed Sunny back inside, closing the door behind her.


[/hr]

Fury had told me everything about the potion and the crazy zebra doctor. He told me that if we don't fix this by sundown tomorrow, then I would be stuck with 3 other forms of myself outside of my body. "So... We won't be able to get our hands on this potion until tomorrow?" I asked.

Fury nodded. "Yes, he will meet us at the market place three hours before sundown." Fury said.

"Why three hours before then? Don't you think that sets up for some retarded last second chase scene?" I asked, relaxing back on the couch.

"Maybe if you kept your emotions in control, we wouldn't be stuck in this situation." Fury said.

I rolled my eyes and looked towards the kitchen before getting up "I'm going to snoop around in Sunny's room. Maybe I can find some interesting books there." I said, heading upstairs to look for Sunny's room.

"Wh-Why not read something f-from the b-bookshelf down here?" Sorrow asked, turning towards me.

"She wouldn't keep the really interesting ones where anyone can get their hands on them." I said, now searching every door for Sunny's room. I found it after checking only a few rooms upstairs. Unlike Daisy's house, Sunny didn't have a guest room. Inside I could see that her room had a bookshelf filled with different looking books, with a book sitting on top of it.

I looked through the bookcase, looking for anything juicy. I had to see if Sunny had any smut books, something to tell me that she isn't a complete boring teacher. I was about to give up after checking the title of every book, until I remembered the book atop of the bookshelf.

I reached up, grabbing a hold of it and reading the front pages. "Spring Tome's Book of Spells." Hey, at least it's something to read. I opened the book, reading it as I head back downstairs. I shifted through the different pages, looking for an amazing spell I could read up on.

"Ooohh.. Hey guys, check this out." I said, walking back over to Fury and Sorrow. "I found this spell book in Sunny's room. Check this spell out." I said, sitting down on the couch next to the two and showing them the book. "It says here whoever casts this spell can make their dreams go from just a simple dream to a reality." I said, getting a glare from Fury while Sorrow scooted away from me slightly.

"You know this is a horrible idea, reading one of Sunny's personal spell books." Fury said.

"I-I a-agree, let's j-just put it back where y-you found it." Sorrow said, agreeing with Fury.

"Hey, I'm just reading ONE page, don't get all pissy with me." I said, starting to read more of the spell. "Hmm... Wonder what this means." I stared at the incantation, I couldn't understand what a single word it said. I said them out loud, seeing if anything might happened.

After I finished there was a long pause. I let out a sigh, closing the book and setting it on the floor. "Well that was anti-climatic." I said, folding my arms and relaxing back into the couch.

"What did you expect?" Fury asked.

"Well how about something to happen, I'd love to see what kind of fantasy can come true out of this." I said, now wondering about the several fantasies I would love to experience. I thought about how I would have enjoyed to know what it felt like to be a part of the raids on World of Warcraft, or feel the wind rushing past me as I ran at the speed of sound like sonic, maybe fight gods of extreme power as a white wolf like in Okami.

The book began to rumble, letting out a flash of light and opening itself. A vortex began to form within the book, causing Sorrow and I to yell in terror. The book began to suck Sorrow in first. I grabbed his hands, starting to get sucked in myself. Fury grabbed onto my feet as Sorrow was half way into the vortex. Eventually Sorrow was sucked in, then I was sucked into the book, followed by Fury. Then everything went black.


[/hr]

"So... There's four Joels now because of a potion?" Daisy asked, getting a nod from Sunny. "And if we don't gather all four of them and give them the cure by sundown tomorrow, they can't go back?" Daisy asked, getting another nod from Sunny.

"That's what Fury told me at least. He said some crazy zebra caused all these problems and that he can-" Sunny said, being cut off from the loud sound of a magical explosion. The only time she heard those were at her father's lab in Canterlot. Sunny and Daisy rushed off to the living room, seeing Fury being sucked into the spell book that Sunny had kept in her room.

"N-No!!" Sunny screamed, rushing over towards the book just as the vortex closes, being replaced by a magical mirror. In the mirror she could see what looked like a dark forest surrounding what looked like a large arena. Two sides with two different colors. Blue on the left, Purple on the right.

Daisy ran over by Sunny's side. "Wh-What happened?! Wh-Where did Joel go?!" Daisy yelled, panicked by seeing Joel get sucked into the book.

"Joel must have set off one of the spells my father put into his book. I-I don't know how to reverse it." Sunny said, now starting to feel worried.

"S-...S-So they're stuck there?" Daisy asked, tears filling her eyes.

Sunny looked towards Daisy. "I don't know Daisy... But... The most we can do now is wait." Sunny said, turning her head back towards the book. Her eyes widened when she saw what appeared over the arena, along with the voice of a woman.

"Welcome, to the Twisted Treeline!"


[/hr]

Why do weird things always happen to me. When I finally woke up, I could see a screen appear in front of me. "Select your champion." Is this what I think it is? It's all there, every single champion from League of Legends right in front of me. I reached up, touching on the icon of a few champions, each one making the quotes they would from the game.

A wide grin formed on my face, this truly was a dream come true. I selected one champion for this, the only one that I would need. Twisted Fate, the Card Master. I locked in as the champion, seeing my other companions pick their own. Even my skins for the champion were there.

After everyone selected their champion, the darkness faded quickly. I looked around, seeing that I was standing in the purple team base. I could also see my other team mates.

Amumu, the Sad Mummy. Amumu was a short champion, but a tough one too. He was midget size, had large yellow eyes, sickly green looking bandages covering his entire body. Don't forget his obnoxiously big yordle head. He wore garbs similar to that of a pharaoh, garbed in black and gold.

Tryndamere, the Barbarian King. Tryndamere was always a favorite for those who were new to the game. This one had the Demonblade Tryndamere skin, making him look scary as hell. He had a large jagged blade, connecting to his arm by a dragon-like head that's fused to his arm. Tentacles wrapped around his right arm where the dragon head is, tentacles sliding out from his back, wrapping around his shoulders and his sides. His right shoulder was covered in spikes, making him seem more intimidating. He had long black hair and a black goatee, and eyes that shone with a mysterious blue light.

I was Twisted Fate. I had selected the skin known as Underworld Twisted Fate. My entire left arm was ethereal, a white color from my hand moving up past my elbow, stopping while making a flame pattern. The rest of my arm was a light blue color, hiding under the large metal shoulder pad I was wearing. The best way to describe how I look is almost that of a cowboy knight. Wearing a trench coat and cowboy hat that had pieces of metal covering it.

"Welcome to Twisted Treeline!" The familiar voice of the female announcer said. "Today's match is between Team Joel, and Team Jekyll."

I looked at my two companions. Amumu had the name "Sorrow [Joel]" Over his head, along with a health bar display, Tryndamere having the name "Fury [Joel]."

"Wh-Where are we? H-How did we get here?" Sorrow asked, looking around with fear in his eyes.

"We're in Twisted Treeline you idiot, the spell must have worked." Fury said, now with a demonic sounding voice.

"Hey there, did our voices change all of the sudden?" I asked, now with a southern accent and a deeper voice. "Holy shit, we're like the exact copies of the champions now!" I said, now with excitement in my voice.

In my eyes it was almost like the same as the HUD from the game, showing all my skills. I thought it would be difficult to select the spell I wanted to use first, since I didn't have a mouse to pick it. All I had to do was think of upgrading that skill, and it upgraded.

"Guys, try out your spells." I said, now flipping a card in my hand. The card would change color with each flip. Blue Red Yellow Blue Red Yellow. How am I even able to do this? I couldn't flip a card like this in my hand so quickly before.

Sorrow stood there, now starting to cry. Of course he would pick Amumu's crying ability. A pool of tears surrounded him, showing the area of damage enemies would take when they stood inside of it. I looked towards Fury, who only shrugged. "I chose my healing ability first." Fury said, now walking over to the shopkeeper.

"Oh man, ah am SO excited! Ah can't wait to kick some serious ass." I said, buying my level 1 boots and Doran's blade. I knew Tryndamere was a basic attack champion, while Amumu was a tanky magic user. If I want to get the most out of my abilities, I'm going to need to get a hybrid of attack and magic damage.

Fury turned to me, putting the sword he had in his hand-... Arm... Up to my neck. He gave me a menacing glare. "When we get out of here, you are receiving the beating of a lifetime." Fury growled, sounding way more intimidating now than he did before.

I put my hands up and backed away. "Okay okay ah promise not to ignore you again." I said, walking down the stairway towards the bottom lane. "Let's all agree to at least agree to play like we always do." I said, turning towards Sorrow and Fury. "The faster we get these guys, the faster the match will end."

"And when the match ends... You're kicked back out to the desktop." Fury said, causing me to grin at him.

"Exactly, the book should just spit us out when the match is over." I said, turning back again and heading for the jungle that lies between the top and bottom lanes of the arena. I knew the layout of this map like the back of my hand, I may enjoy Summoner's Rift way more, but hey I can still enjoy a few Twisted Treeline matches once and awhile.

We reached the brush that was to the right of the center part of Twisted Treeline. Every now and then a Health Node would pop up to restore a chunk of health and mana, while giving a minor speed boost. We watched carefully, making sure to ambush anything that comes out of the fog of war that surrounds the entire treeline.

I could see them, rushing straight for us. Garen, the Might of Demacia. Fiddlesticks, the Harbinger of Doom. Finally, rushing right next to Fiddlesticks was none other than Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void. Cho'Gath worried me much more than the others, I knew what he could do and how devastating he can become during the late game.

Fury charged forward, roaring in anger at the champions. Sorrow rushed after Fury, knowing that if he doesn't play the right way then his team would take their anger out onto him. I flipped through my card, readying a gold card. "Aim for Fiddlesticks first!" I yelled, throwing the card in my hand towards Fiddlesticks.

When the card made contact with him it made a chime, indicating he was stunned. All Fiddlesticks could do was stare as both Fury and Sorrow charged for him. "Oh you have got to be kidding-" Fiddlesticks said, getting cut off by the sword smashing into his face.


[/hr]

"First blood!" "Purple team double kill!" "PURPLE TEAM TRIPLE KILL!" The announcer roared in excitement. Both Sunny and Daisy cringing when they saw the man who had Fury's name above his head brutally slaughter the opposing team. "Ahah! Eat mah nuts blue team!" Joel yelled out at the corpses, rushing away back to his side of the battlefield.

"W-Was that Joel?" Daisy asked, watching the crazed cowboy.

"D-Did they just commit murder?" Sunny asked as well, watching Fury and Sorrow become engulfed in a ray of blue light which teleported them back to the purple base. After only mere seconds after the slaughter, they both saw the blue team spawn back into their base.

"W-Wait! I know what this is!!" Daisy yelled, looking closer at the mirror.

Sunny turned her head towards her. "You do?" Sunny asked.

"Joel told me back on his world they had games that they could play on boxes, almost like a television but not quite. It was... League or some other is what he called it." Daisy said, now remembering how Joel went on about video games the other night.

"What else do you know about it? Why did Joel KILL those things?" Sunny asked, turning back towards the mirror.

"Apparently, the objective of the game is to destroy these things, I think." Daisy said, pointing a hoof at the large crystals in each base. "Nopony actually dies, they always 'come back to life after a few seconds or a minute' is what Joel said."

"Purple team double kill!" The announcer spoke up again, showing a picture of Amumu's face along with the deceased champions.

"I-I'm sorry, please don't hate me!" Sorrow pleaded, running away from Garen. Daisy and Sunny watched closely as Garen spun around the small mummy, roaring in anger as he slams his blade down on Sorrow. A bright flash of yellow light came crashing down on Sorrow, knocking him to the ground.

Sorrow turned onto his back as Garen raised his sword in the air, bringing it down to finish off Sorrow. Daisy and Sunny closed their eyes, not wanting to see the horror of his death.


[/hr]
CLANG

A sword blocked Garen's strike. Garen looked to see Fury, blocking Garen's sword with his own. Fury threw his sword up, causing Garen to stumble back towards the wall. Fury slashed down to try and crush Garen's skull, but Garen jumped out of the way. Fury couldn't stop the momentum of his sword, causing him to slash through the wall.

Fury didn't give Garen enough time to react. He pulled his sword out of the wall, spinning the blade around once to build up momentum, slamming it down towards Garen once more. Garen decided to block Fury with his own large two handed sword. Fury was relentless, pulling his blade up and slamming it back down on Garen's blade.

Garen knew if he didn't act quickly, Fury would slaughter him just like he did before. Just as Fury lifted his blade, Garen sidestepped away. Fury slammed his sword down onto the ground where Garen previously was, giving Garen a chance to thrust his sword into Fury's stomach, causing him to slump over.

Silence. This confused Garen, usually the announcer would cry out when a champion has been slain. His confusion was cleared when Fury grabbed onto the hilt of Garen's blade, lifting himself back up. Fury's eyes glowed with a bright red glow. "Endless Rage mother fucker." Fury growled.


[/hr]
"An enemy has been slain!" The announcer cried, causing me to fist pump. "Yeah! Man ah wish ah had games like this back home." I said to myself, killing minions with my card throws. A minute after hearing the announcer, I started to wonder where the enemy team went. I suspect they might be trying something.

I closed my eyes, using my ultimate power to reveal the enemy team. I could see them, all of them were surrounding me, there was no way out. "Get him!!" Fiddlesticks cried out. I grinned as I stood up, a circle of cards appearing below me. "Don't let him get away!" He cried, his entire team now rushing in to fight me.

I teleported away, safe inside of my own base at the spawn area. "Get back here you coward!!" Fiddlesticks yelled out from the jungle. I laughed at him, walking over to the shopkeeper to buy more items. Fury appeared behind me after using the recall power.

"I'll admit, I'm starting to calm down now that were having a lot of fun with this." Fury said, buying another item with the gold he had earned from his kill.

I looked at him, giving him a thumbs up. "Ah always have fun when we play perfect league matches. First blood AND a triple kill right from the start, we can't possibly lose now."

"An ally has been slain!" The announcer called out, showing an image of Amumu and signifying that Sorrow died to Cho'Gath. I sighed, walking back down the stairs to get to my lane. "Last thing we need is for them to start getting kills, especially Cho'Gath. You both know what can happen if he stacks his feast up." I said.

The match continued, even after nearly an hour they never surrendered. I understood why once they began to earn kills of their own. I became the main focus, considering I was the easiest to take down. Cho'Gath grew in size, becoming much stronger and bulkier. Garen built up on his armor rating to counter Fury and his strikes. Fiddlesticks remained somewhat weak, due to not earning kills of his own.

We were nearly matched, both team's towers and inhibitors destroyed and their nexus the only structure remaining. We all met at the center circle, agreeing to have one final fight before allowing the other to take the nexus.

Fury rushed in first, avoiding Cho'Gath's ground spikes. Cho'gath roared at him, letting out a horrifying screech that silenced the warrior. I could see fiddlesticks readying his ultimate power, stopping him with a swift fling of a gold card. Sorrow grabbed onto Garen, unleashing his ultimate power to hold everyone in place. I took this opportunity to rush in and finish off Fiddlesticks with a few more card throws.

Fiddlesticks fell to the ground, dead. Garen spun around, unleashing his attacks onto Fury. Fury may have a lot of strength, but his Endless Rage ability couldn't keep him alive long enough to kill Garen or Cho'Gath. After Fury died, Sorrow and I threw everything we had at Garen to kill him. Garen tried chasing me, but was always cut off with a gold card stun. Garen turned towards Sorrow, slamming his ultimate power down onto him to finish off Sorrow. I threw one last gold card at Garen, killing him where he stood.

I ran from Cho'Gath, throwing card after card while also being flung into the air by his ground spikes. He was nearly down, I just had one last card to throw. I was too late, Cho'Gath grabbed a hold of me, lifting me up towards his mouth. "Say your prayers Twisted Fate!" He roared, chomping down on me. His feasting ability was too powerful for me to survive. I died, leaving an opening for him.

He decided to savor this moment by dancing over the remaining corpses, before a burning eye appeared before him. "W-Wait, but how?!" He said, before roaring in pain from an onslaught of cards hitting him.

"Aced!" The announcer said, just as Cho'Gath's corpse hit the ground. "Summoner spells Cho'Gath... Revive-" I said, grinning as a green light engulfed me. "And teleport" I finished, teleporting on top of a minion near the enemy's nexus. I threw my cards at the nexus while the minions hit it as hard as they could.

The nexus let out a powerful wave of energy after it took enough damage, exploding and guaranteeing our victory. "Aha! Yes!! We won!!" I yelled, a light enveloping me. "Huh? What's going on here?"

The light blinded me, I could feel my body become numb.


[/hr]

Daisy and Sunny cheered as they saw Joel teleport into the enemy base and destroy their nexus. The mirror shifted again, creating a more softer and calmer portal of light. Daisy and Sunny stepped away from it, seeing light pour out from the portal. Joel, Fury, and Sorrow began to form from the light.

They fell to the floor just as the light vanished. Daisy rushed over to Joel, while Sunny rushed over to Fury and Sorrow. "J-Joel! J-Joel, you okay? Please speak to me Joel." Daisy begged, shaking Joel gently. Joel groaned, turning his head to look at Daisy.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Stop shaking me around." Joel said, standing back up to his feet. Sorrow and Fury rose to their feet as well. Joel yawned and looked at Sunny. "Hey, Sunny? Would you mind if I crashed on your couch for a while? I'm feeling really light headed and tired..." Joel said, walking over to the couch.

Joel fell face first into it, passing out immediately. Sorrow sat on the floor next to the couch while Fury sat on the available space that Joel wasn't taking up. "Y-Yeah... I-I'm really t-tired too..." Sorrow said, yawning and falling asleep. Fury only nodded in agreement before passing out as well.

Sunny sighed, looking at Daisy. "At least they're alright." Sunny said, smiling at Daisy.

Daisy returned the smile. "Can we just leave the boys here and go have a normal lunch together?" Daisy asked, walking towards the front door. Sunny nodded before picking up the spell book with her magic.

"Yeah, let me just put this away first. I would like to at least enjoy my last day off without anything else weird or crazy happening." Sunny said, heading upstairs to hide the spell book once more.


[/hr]

I woke up hours later after that amazing battle in Twisted Treeline. I looked around to see that the spell book was gone, along with Daisy and Sunny. Was it all just a dream? Or did it actually happen? I got up off the couch and went to the fridge, looking outside just as I grabbed an apple to eat. I nearly dropped my apple when I saw the sun was almost about to start setting.

I rushed outside, waking Sorrow and Fury up with the sound of the door slamming behind me. I ran to the outskirts of town, looking around frantically for Desire. "Well, looks like you made it in time." I heard from behind me. I turned to see Desire smiling at me. "Ready to have that talk?"

I glared at him "One condition. You will come back to Sunny's place after were finished. Deal?" I said, holding my hand out. He took my hand with his own and gave it a firm shake.

"Deal."