• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 1,415 Views, 18 Comments

Dashie's and Derpy's adventure - Dashed_Brony



Rainbow Dash and Derpy have been friends for a long time. However, somewhere along the lines...

  • ...
7
 18
 1,415

The sleep-over

Still in recovery, it was barely that the nurses had even left her out of the hospital before Rainbow Dash was practically soaring in the sky, had they not made sure to restrain her wings until further ado. Derpy, still rather embarrased by what had recently happened, simply couldn't comment on Rainbow's behaviour, and walked down at the ground next to her crush, making sure not to cause any envy on Dash's lack of ability to take flight.

An awkward set of silence going over half an hour passed as they wandered past one building after another, neither speaking nor taking much time to exchange looks aside from when they were certain the other didn't look, quick to turn their head aways the moment their eyes met. Eventually, they came to Rainbow Dash's house, and with a nervous wave, Derpy prepared to take flight off as she had helped Rainbow Dash to the door. Right as she was about to fly off though, with a deep swallow, Dash grabbed Derpy by the back of her hoove, pulling her down on the cloud-flooring that shaped the outside of the house.

"I... Uhm... Well... After that most recent episode... I don't want you to fly off completely unsafe so... Sleeping over at my place sound nice?"

Derpy blushed, making sure to look away as she did, but puffing her cheeks a few times, she managed to calm herself once more as she finally braved herself to look into Dash's eyes. No more than for half a second before she immediately closed them, shaking her head rapidly with a shy, nearly silent and stuttered.

"Y-Yes."

Rainbow Dash hadn't caught the words, but the nod gave her enough of an idea to make out exactly what Derpy said.

With that, she turned around and wandered in through the door, giving a curious look as Derpy remained outside and hooved to the ground.





"Well... What are you waiting for?"

Derpy sighed as she tried to fill herself with confidence. "Are you sure you want me inside your house after what I told you?"

"We've known each other for so long. If you were really going to try something, you probably would've a very long time ago, haha." Dash replied.

It hadn't struck Derpy, but it couldn't possibly be any more true than as Rainbow Dash had just stated.

Satisfied with that thought in her head, Derpy suddenly felt like sticking her nose high into the sky, now much more confident it was nothing more than a sleep-over without even the slightest possible chance of something happening that might break the friendship between the two.

Time passed as they laughed about stories of previous events they shared with each other, dinner and games being played over the course of the day, before the moon finally set upon the sky, and night closed in at a rapid pace, soon covering all of Equestria in a beautiful gracened dark pattern, the house remaining half-lit from a few burning candles that soon blew out as well as bed time came for the two.

This was going to be the biggest challenge, and Derpy knew it all too well, feeling both her stomach tickle and scrunge at the thought of Rainbow Dash sleeping and all the opportunities that might offer themselves for a kiss or snuggle.

"Well, I'm going to head to bed. You'll have to use the couch. The doctor told me I must avoid as much physical contact as I possibly can until my body heals up, okay?"

With a frown, Derpy nodded as she watched Dash walk in through a door, into her bedroom, a few minutes passing before a silent snore escaped through the shut door.

Derpy, having settled for sleeping on a cloud shaped much like a couch laid on her back, putting one hoove over her face, the other hanging down along the side of the couch, as she tried forcing herself to sleep.

"C'mon Derpy, you can do this..." She whispered to herself, rolling around on the couch and as time passed, so did the swaps of positions in hopes of a better chance of falling asleep.





No luck. A full hour passed and she didn't feel the least bit more asleep than when she had first started. Rainbow Dash was sleeping so close to her. It would be so easy to steal a kiss. But would it be right? Would it even mean anything? Derpy laid to the floor, shivering as she put both her hooves over her face. If it hadn't been for the fact that the flooring was made from clouds, she'd probably have awokened Dash from her nervous moving around, and for that, Derpy was more than just thankful.

Though, what would it matter? She knew that if she kept this going, she'd be up through the remainder of the night, and that Dash would know she had stayed up, and probably get suspicious as to what had happened. Oh the horrors. "What will she think of me? Christ, she must think I'm addicted to her or something!" Rolling around on the floor this time, she kept squirming in a scared state.

"Just a kiss... Just a kiss and I'll go back to sleep. She won't even know..." Derpy agreed with herself.

Just a kiss would be plenty to get her to sleep either ways, this much she was quite certain of. Sneaking off down through the hallway that made the house, she made sure to open the cloud door as stealthily as she possibly could. Made from clouds or not, the wind it creates may very well be enough to cause just what needed to awaken Dash.

The door slid up as peacefully as she could've ever dreamt off. Had it not been for the circumstances, Derpy might as well have been dancing the succes dance around a samba hat. Making her way over the flooring, nearly without as much as a sound, the clouds providing the soft padding she needed. A ninja's dream when sneaking around, possibly. Nervously, and extremely carefully, nearly shaking, she approached the bed, to notice Rainbow Dash sleeping as peacefully as ever, only squirming about every once in a while.

"Take that you filthy dragon!" She shouted so loud she could've probably awokened herself, practically kicking off the end of her bed, before she went back to her peaceful state of sleep,

Derpy nearly having had a heart attack from the sudden shout, her heart beating through her chest as she once again approached Dash's bed after taking some distance from the sudden shout, prepared to run out as soon as Dash's eyes started moving. Nothing. The silence emerged in the room, and soon, not even a gasp of wind howled outside the window.

This was the time to make the approach. Sneaking over to the bed, she soon hovered her head directly above Dash's, her lips practically touching Rainbow Dash's as she gently lowered her head more, the first touch making Derpy blush in a frenzy of joy, their lips soon pressing towards one anothers. Derpy had closed her eyes as she had dived into the kiss, too delighted to even think straight anymore.




Her heart might as well have exploded the very instant her eyes opened, because she was staring at a widely awake Dash, flying straight into the roof, now both blushing, frightened and practically crying as she landed down at the ground with a *plop*. No sooner had Dash managed to get up, than had Derpy set for the door. It had shut itself and Derpy hadn't even noticed, and before she managed to even open it, Dash had already tackled Derpy to the ground.

"You're not running off and getting yourself into more trouble, ya hear me?!?"

Derpy, feeling her eyes practically tearing up, nodded without so much as any intent to even listen, wanting to just disperse from existance that very moment.

"Jeesh! I swear, one of these days you'll really get yourself killed for flying off because you think you messed up somehow..."

Allowing for Derpy to stand up, as soon as she stood on all four, Dash placed her fronthooves on Derpy's shoulders.

"Listen... I KNOW you felt you really flipped over on this one... And that you taking a kiss as you please wasn't right..."

By now, Dash had already lost eye contact with Derpy, as Derpy's stare had wandered off to the ground, not even daring to look anywhere near Dash, let alone her eyes. Though, with a few rounds of shaking, Dash finally got Derpy's attention yet again. "But trust me... It's not wrong to want a kiss from someone you love, okay? If you couldn't sleep because you wanted a kiss, you could've just simply asked. So... Please stop crying... If I give you a kiss, will you promise to have a good night's sleep and not worry your head too much?"

Again Derpy's cheeks stood ablaze as she blushed, her tears having come to a halt from the sudden shock and with an excited nod, her lips yet again found Dash's in a quick, gentle kiss.

Without so much as a word said past that, Derpy wandered off, out of the room, and as soon as she was out of sight from Dash, she jumped about, silently but joyfully, her grin as wide as ever as she found her couch, this time not even getting much past a comfortable position before she had already found herself in sleepy land.



Morning dawned, and soon the two of them both were eating breakfest. There were no need for words to be said, not until Derpy decided it was time to leave. Being morning, and lots of active ponies outside, Dash knew there were no need for worries about a safe route home, and the only words they exchanged before Derpy left were 'Bye', both seeming rather happy, each for their individual reasonings.

The end(Again, for now)