• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 2,011 Views, 32 Comments

Tentative Pet Pony - Ponyess



If I like Ponies, why couldn't I try to be one? That was the initial idea, and I guess I went by it. Now I'll have to live by my choice. Even after I realised it would be permanent and looking like this.

  • ...
61
 32
 2,011

A New Day – A New Friend: 4

Author's Note:

Pinkie Pie's POV

I clearly recall going to bed the other night. I had washed of my mundane and human make-up. I did not want to sleep, wearing it, I never did like it.

Then I had applied a face cream. It's just a clear gel, by the looks and feel of it, nothing special, but it did make my face relax, which feels great, just before bed. Then I had picked up the muzzle, it has red lips, just matching my choices, this far. I had then applied the second gel, it is made.

Then I had gone to bed, nothing to it. It's just as comfortable as it had been, while I had been resting, just after I put on the garments. I had slipped in under my quilt and placed my head on the large central pillow, there were three of the pillows, just that the others are smaller.


What should have chocked me, is what came next. When I woke up, that is. I had initially felt the slight pressure over my lower face as I put the muzzle on, and as I lay my head on the pillow. Only now I can't feel anything of what had been under the muzzle, or rather, my muzzle. What I feel, is the skin of my face, from under the now pink mane, my ears, and all the way over the muzzle.

I rose to my hooves, just as I had slipped out of the bed. Just as I would have, any and every morning. I had not considered checking inside the muzzle, my mouth, or the shelf on which I had found it, would I have seen anything that would change my mind?

Now, since my skin is pink, according to what I could see, I could be only one pony. That would be 'Pinkie Pie'.

Since I am on vacation, I will not perform anything considered work, it is my time off, for the remainder of the week.


Then I decided, there was no reason to change my clothes. The garments are part of me, even if I figured I could take them off. I was thinking back at my choices, shuddering as I thought of a male 'Pinkie Pie', it did not make sense to me. 'Pinkie Pie' is a mare. Simple as that. It's not just because I had been female even before I came here, even if it could make the feeling stronger?


I had only closed the door to the bed room, the other once are still open, why bother closing them? Maybe I could open them, in my now fully equine form as a pony, that's not the topic, I simply liked them open.

I had slowly walked to the kitchen. Thinking of the juices in the pitchers and the lovely salad, whatever blend it was. I guess I could check, but for now it wouldn't matter. I know I had been in a good mood the other day as I arrived, I'm still happy, giggling as I moved into the kitchen. The giggles just refused to leave me, even if it wasn't audible, most of the time? I had no idea.

I had started out with a glass of juice, the same I had been enjoying the other day. I guess enjoying it back then, is all the reason I need? I had chosen a different salad, something that felt more like breakfast?


If it had not been for the birds outside, I had been eating in more or less complete silence, if you did not count the giggles that came into audible range, from time to time? I couldn't claim I minded the birds, or their chirping? Only now they reminded me of something, or rather somepony, the yellow mare by the name of Fluttershy, if memory served me correctly? Not that I doubted my memories, even if I should have questioned where they came from? On the other hoof, I'm Pinkie Pie, I knew her. It's not as if I could deny my friend?

Then my memory painted up the image of her before me. She's roughly the same height, but since she's a Pegasus, she is slim, to the point of fragile, possibly due to the fact she isn't athletic in the first place, unlike my friend Rainbow Dash? I saw her light yellow before me, the light cerise mane and tail, pondering what she had chosen? I imagined she chose a matching hoof polish, and garments?


That's when my thought was interrupted by a very faint knock on the door. I guess it had to have been her? Recalling the expression, and since I had invoked her likeness in my mind, I guess it just had to be her?

“Come in, Flutters!” I just called out, as I finished my breakfast.

The door quietly slid open, but I barely hear her hoof steps, as she slowly moved into my kitchen.

“Hi!” she whispered, just as she entered my kitchen.

“Hi Flutters. How are you doing, this fine morning? I take it you came late last night too?” I responded quietly, as not to make her shy back, and to allow me to hear her next response.

“Yes, I'm doing fine, as is the morning. I did, and I slept wonderfully. You look great in red, I guess I could call it dark red, when you're wearing it. The cerise came right on for me!” she then spoke up, not quite the whisper.

“Thanks, and you're right. The cerise does go well with your coat. You have tried your wings, right? Even if it is early in the day!” I pondered quietly.


“Yeah, I did, it's how I got here from the other side of the village. It's not big, but it's all I need. I guess I'm still never going to be a great flyer? It was why I was finally grounded from Cloudsdale in the first place, but I so do enjoy it here. I will never regret leaving the place. Even if we have Pegasi here. It's still an earth type village at heart, just as when it was originally founded!” she just blurted out, she had managed to regain much of her memories from her life as Flutter Shy, just as I have slipped into who I am, living in character.

“I'm happy for you. Though I think I'd still like to see you fly, just for the feel of it. It's interesting to see things. I never will be a flyer, I'm an earth type. On the other hoof, there is something tickling my Pinkie senses here. I just can't put my hoof on it just yet. I think I need some fresh air to, how about we go out?!” I blurted out in my patterned hyper manner, as I slipped further into character, even if I guess I had not realised, I was trapped in my current form, on the other hoof, so was she.

“It's still sunny, should be an enjoyable day. Maybe we'll see Rainbow Dash when she flies later today?” she suggested.