• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 411 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FIM Guardians of the Elements - Hyena King



Two brothers realize their dreams of being heroes!

  • ...
17
 12
 411

Chapter 4

Lightning's eyes turned to hearts as he beheld his longtime crush, who was currently stretching out as if in preparation to do something awesome, which she probably was. Lightning quickly checked his reflection in a window, straightening his mane, then ate a breath mint he procured out of nowhere and strode towards rainbow.

"Hey Rainbow!" Lightning said when he came up to her, trying to sound cool.

Rainbow looked up startled at first, then smiled as she recognized the pegasus in front of her. "Hey Lightning. Long time, no see.

"Same with you. What'cha doing?" Lightning watched as, unperturbed by Lightning's interruption, Rainbow continued to stretch out.

"I'm just practicing for the Wonderbolts. Man, when they see my moves, they'll have to let me join!" Rainbow got up and did a flip in the air as she said this, causing Lightning's heart to give an involuntary flutter.

"Oh yeah, they're great." was Lightning's only response.

In truth, he hated the Wonderbolts with a fiery passion, thinking them as pricks and showoffs. (Thunder thought Lightning hated them because they remind him of himself, which Lightning vehemently denies.) He wasn't about to tell Rainbow that though. A sudden thought came to him right then.

"Hey aren't you supposed to clear the skies today?"

Rainbow stopped in her tracks, clearly having forgotten about her special job, then shrugged.

"No problem. I'll just take care of it when I,m done."

An idea suddenly came to Lightning as she said all this.

"You know what how about I take care of the clouds today? Me and Thunder only have to patrol Ponyville 'till sundown and we're on break, so we can do it this afternoon."

Rainbow's eyes lit up and she smiled. "You would do that?"

"Sure, you know me, always helping ponies in need."

Rainbow suddenly grab him and squeezed him in a tight hug. "Thanks Lightning, your the best!"

Lightning nearly passed out, not from the hug but from love. Rainbow let go and turned around. "'Kay gotta go! bye!

Lightning, his back turned and having not heard her, continued on as confidence ran through him.

"You know speaking of the Wonderbolts, I got some tickets from a friend of mine to see them at their show tonight, I was thinking..." Lightning turned to see Rainbow had already left. Lightning's face fell, his ears pressed against his head. After a few moments of wallowing in self-pity, he heard chuckles behind him. He turned and saw Thunder barely holding back laughter.

"What are you laughing at!" Lightning finally asked after a few seconds.

"That was really smooth, Casanova. Rainbow's really into you now." then, unable to hold back any longer, Thunder burst out laughing, collapsing on the ground.

"Ha, ha, very funny comedian. Did you get those cupcakes?"

Thunder, trying to get over his laughing fit, handed the bag he had been holding to Lightning, who Immediately took two cupcakes out and began to eat them.

"Honestly Lightning, what do you see in her?"

"Isn't it obvious? She's beautiful, fierce, fast, and beautiful!" While he was talking he hadn't bothered to finish the food in his mouth and sprayed crumbs all over.

"You just said beautiful twice genius."

"Well, that's the best way to describe her! I swear Thunder, you won't understand until you meet your dream mare!

"Yeah, yeah, as if she's gonna walk right up to u..."

The brothers had begun to walk as their conversation continued. both were so engrossed in their talk they failed to notice the purple unicorn mare and her dragon companion 'till they crashed right into them.