• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 411 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FIM Guardians of the Elements - Hyena King



Two brothers realize their dreams of being heroes!

  • ...
17
 12
 411

Chapter 2

Thunder stretched out in the hallway, working out a couple of kinks.
"So, you going to use the bathroom?" He asked Lightning, making eye contact with him.

"I was thinking on it. You?"

"Yep."

They both looked each other in the eye for a moment, then down the hallway. The bathroom's entrance lay at the other end of the hall partially ajar. Then they looked back at each other.

"Mind if I use it first?" asked Thunder, a suspicious look in his eye.

"No of course not." Replied Lightning, smiling warmly at his brother. "Oh, before you go, tell me, do I have a smudge on my leg?" He lifted his right foreleg for Thunder's inspection.

Thunder looked at it suspiciously. "No." There was an edge to his voice, as if he were expecting something to happen.

"Can you look again? I'm pretty sure there is." Lightning pushed his foreleg closer to Thunder, almost up to his face actually.

"Lightning, there's nothing on your-"

SMACK!

Before Thunder could react, Lightning smacked him upside the head as hard as he could. As the stunned pegasus yelped in pain and grabbed his face in his hooves, Lightning turned and sped down the hallway as fast as he could, making for the bathroom. Lightning allowed a snicker to cross his face. Man, Thunder was so-

Lightning was jerked back suddenly as Thunder grabbed his tail in his teeth and pulled Lightning towards him. Then he lifted Lightning in the air, spun him and threw him backwards to smack against the wall. With a triumphant grin, Thunder turned and raced down the hallway himself. As he got halfway there, Lightning recovered, righteous anger on his face. He crouched down and spread his wings. Flapping them once, he flew after Thunder, sparks of electricity racing down his mane and tail.

Thunder turned just in time to see Lightning speed right by him, blowing a raspberry as he went. He sure was living up to his name of Lightning Flash. Well, thought Thunder, time to live up to my name of Thunder Boom. He stopped in his tracks, unfurled his wings and flapped once. With a thundering crash of noise, Thunder shot forward like a cannonball, His mane and tail giving off bluish sparks and a large sonic boom behind him.

Lightning was nearly to the bathroom when he heard a crash. He turned around, then screamed as Thunder crashed into him and threw them both against the wall adjacent to the bathroom. When they both recovered, they proceeded to wrestle for the next 20 minutes, getting closer to the bathroom door with their struggle. Finally, with a grunt, Lightning jumped over his brother and leapt into the bathroom.

"Ha! I win again!" shouted Lightning as he slammed the door in Thunder's face. Thunder got up and stared at the door for several seconds, then threw back his head and gave a groan of frustration.

"Fine! I'll use the downstairs bathroom!" he shouted, then stormed downstairs.

Author's Note:

Hi! Hyena King here! If you're reading this, then the first chapter was somewhat successful. I'd like to thank my reviewers for their suggestions and support. Thank you!