• Published 26th Mar 2014
  • 1,383 Views, 8 Comments

Life and Destruction: Intertwining Disasters - Firamoon



Trying to evacuate from the area of where disasters were soon to occur, one happens to a certain pokemon as in being taken to an alien world.

  • ...
2
 8
 1,383

Chapter 2: The Deal

Embrace's eyes were stuck to the pokemon defending her, his tail had gotten much sharper, he had much more fur than regular Absol. His claws have grown longer, like they could cut through anything. His horn on the right of his head looked much wider, making it look more rounded, but there was another horn protruding from the other side of his head. The most different part of him was the pair of wings he had grew, but she wasn't sure if he could actually fly.

"Sapphire?!" Embrace exclaimed, bewildered.

His red eyes looked at the Eeveelution for a second. "Can you fight?" he asked.

"F-fight? I... I can't fight. I don't want to," she pleaded. Reasons of her fear of battling were currently unknown to Sapphire. He wanted to persuade her at the moment she refused, until a one of the wolves pounced at her. It was attacking from behind, as Embrace was unaware of its attack. He had to save his energy from using Sucker punch, as it is one of the strongest moves in his arsenal, he instead resorted to his attacks he learned, mostly for the fact he can start a fire when needed. He took a breath in, feeling the building heat form in his mouth, then released it at the attacking wolf. Embrace, lucky for her, saw this coming as she ducked, after the attack was done, she was going to yell at him. But instead, she heard a whimper from something behind her as she looked to see what happened, she saw a pile of ashed behind her.

"If you're not going to battle, get somewhere safe, I need to drive these creatures away, and I know these aren't pokemon." His voice was stern as he was saying in a serious fashion, as he was really worried for her.

"Where's Shade?" she asked hastily.

"YOU NEED TO RUN!" he commanded, as he saw another wolf pounce him, just to slash its body with one swipe of its claws. She wanted to get an answer, but the Absol figured it wasn't the best time for twenty questions to take place. Embrace's blue eyes fell upon the wolf that tackled the Disaster pokemon, trying to bite at his head. She had to do something, another decision killing her from the inside out. She had to either run, or save him. She couldn't just leave him, then she would have to go through guilt of leaving someone, which she had already committed. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!" as the wolf bit his foreleg. He winced in pain, but stayed strong. The other ones were just watching, as it was just a one-on-one situation.

She had to help, she shook her head, she needed to fight, to save a friend. She extended her feelers as she crossed them to form some energy as it turned into a pink orb. She learned this upon evolving, but never used it due to her strafing away from battles. It was released onto the wolf on top of Sapphire as it looked at it in surprise, letting out a pained whine. It rolled to the side, where the other wolves were as it got up to growl at its attacker.

"I won't let you die Sapphire. I won't be a coward," Embrace told him. To her surprise, he smiled at her, as he got up to his four legs. His leg was bleeding as part of his fur was stained from the sticky blood.

"I came here because I don't want Shade's life to be ruined, just because he lost you Embrace," Sapphire replied. "I'm here to undo that by saving you."

"I'll make sure you complete that goal."

"Well, be careful, I won't let you die today." He really didn't want Shade to be saw again, plus, he really acted like a real father. Right now, she wondered if she would even get the chance as the wolves pounced at the two.


"Tell me Twilight Sparkle, how has it been being a princess?"

"You don't have to call me by my full name Princess Luna, I don't feel that comfortable with ponies doing that," Twilight added as she released her tea cup. They were currently in Twilight's room, sitting at the table on her balcony that overlooked Canterlot.

"Has thy sister told thee about sight scenes?"

"No, should I know about it? Am I supposed to read about it!? Where is the book Luna!? I need to-" her ranting as stopped a blue aura wrapping around her muzzle.

"No, sight scenes are only available to alicorns, and they aren't written in any kind of scroll, books, or anything for that matter, Twilight." Twilight nodded as the magic released her. "You should be ready to learn about this, first of all, have you experienced any strange dreams lately?"

"Not that I know of," she responded.

"Well, let me quickly explain this to you, they are special dreams that we have that are very occasional to happen, which are actually visions in other places. But my sister has experienced many, many times in her life. I dislike this very much, as some of them can cause you pain that carries on to when you're awake," she shuddered as she continued, "It's what caused me to morph into Nightmare moon. I suffered the pain from what tried to take me over, even when I denied his deal."

"Deal?" Twilight questioned.

"It's the true cause behind my rebellion against Celestia. I tried to stop him, but he consumed me and controlled what he did in the looks of me. He looked at me with thy blue, emotionless eyes, his body emitted an evil aura, and just by looking at him, he wanted something. He threatened me to destroy thy own kingdom by taking the thing that our world needed: the sun."

"Does Celestia know about this?"

"...No, she doesn't."

"What?! Why not," Twilight slammed both hooves onto the coffee table, standing from her seating pillow.

"I was scared, to have make thing even worse, he demonstrated one of his works from a world opposite of ours, what he could do to them in the blink of an eye. He would do that exact thing if I told a soul about him," Luna shook her head of her stupidity. "I'm talking too much, go to sleep Twilight Sparkle. You need to go to a meeting tomorrow, you need to rest." Twilight was about to object, but Luna was right. Her moon was already at the top of the sky, and Spike was sleeping soundly. Luna was already leaving her bedroom, not wanting to talk anymore.

Twilight sighed as she walked over to the balcony outside. The night sky was calm with a soft wind wafting through the air. She took in a deep breath as she looked back at Spike in his basket-bed. "I wonder what my first sight scene would be," she said to herself. She walked toward the baby dragon as she gave him a kiss on the forehead. She tucked herself into bed, finally being able to keep her wings against her body when she sleeps after a major tutorial by Rainbow dash. She laughed at the time, but was finally able to get to sleep.


Her eyes opened to a dark fog around her, seeing a forest around her, but not one like the one in the Everfree forest. It seemed too nice for it. She walked forward, with nothing else much to do. She looked to her left to see a tree with a big dent in it, being noteworthy was the size of it. She realized this made her mind too focused on it as she heard talking.

"Give me back the Pokemon I love," a voice said in anger. A chuckle came afterwords.

"Trust me my dear Umbreon, I did not do it," another voice said, but sounded like it was in her head.

She looked around to find the conversing ponies, she was thinking that the air around the area would be bad, but she wasn't being affected by it in anyway. She looked up to a tree branch to see a small, grass-weaved basket hanging on it. The contents contained different colored berries with blue, pink, and pale fruits. She was about to help herself to some as she looked in front of the bush, which caused her to hide behind the tree.

What was currently in view, there was a canine like animal in the fog. It had blue rings around its ears and one around its tail. Its eyes were gold as it also had a ring on the center of its forehead.

In front of it, it was something big, and was bird-like creature. Its eyes were emotionless blue, its wings were very broad with its tail looking very identical to its wings. Its red body almost seemed to radiate a dark aura, strong enough for Twilight to feel it from where she was. For some reason, her head was aching.

"What are you here for?" the canine asked, standing like he was going to attack.

"That is not of your concern you impudent Umbreon," the bird said. This seemed to anger the canine as it did something Twilight didn't expect, a ball of shadow formed at its mouth as it fired it at the bird. "Pathetic," it said before lifting one of its wings up as it collided with it. There was a large cloud of smoke that had formed in the area, the bush beside her rustled as she braced herself from the shock wave.

"What's going on here?!" Twilight whispered to herself. Everything felt real to her, the ground she's standing on, the air she's breathing, everything. She looked to see the large bird standing on the ground with its mighty talons, showing no signs of injury.

"BRING HER BACK TO ME!" the one called Umbreon yelled. He then got ready to shoot another one of his attacks at him, but instead of letting the monstrosity of a bird block it, it opened its mouth and fired a blue orb that was much bigger than the Umbreon's attack. When the two collided, it was not long before the ball of blue energy dispersed the ball of shadows and towards the canine. Twilight's eyes widened as the smaller animal stood there, ready to take it, with the size comparison being three times its size. Another huge explosion followed soon after, sending Twilight back a little. She was losing her footing, but she put her back against the tree.

This world was violent, where, from Twilight's perspective, was wrong with her. She wanted to forget this and go home. The explosion was still rocking her ears as she was covering her ears with her eyes shut tight. This was nothing like home, from what she had just heard from their small conversation, something was taken away from the Umbreon. She assumed that it was a male due to the fact it may have been looking for the one he loves from what she heard.

The smoke finally cleared as she peaked over to see what happened. The Umbreon's silhouette was seen, and it was still standing. His blue rings glowed and his gold eyes intensified with anger.

"B-bring her b-back," he stuttered. Twilight managed to catch a glimpse of it, but the thing cried. More tears came from his eyes as his legs cannot hold him up anymore, when he finally collapsed.

With Twilight being the Princess of friendship, she couldn't just watch, she had to do something. She was about to run toward the bird that had just 'killed' the animal, but she felt something around her abdomen. It was a shadowy claw of some sorts that had grabbed her. When she looked to where it led, it from one of the wings that the bird stabbed into the ground with.

"You've been watching for a while, haven't you, Twilight Sparkle," the thing addressed her. Twilight didn't want to talk back to it, he stared at the animal the thing just seemed murder in cold blood. He brought the pony closer to his head, as the shadowy claw just seemed to tighten its grip. "Hope you didn't see much." Twilight had to escape from his grip, she let her horn glow a violet aura, readying to teleport away. But before it could happen, its eyes grew a much light blue as the princess's body was surrounded in a blue aura. She flinched from this, but continued to channel. The dark-red bird just stood there with the claw made of shadows still in its grip. Her mind was blown for now, because her channel had suddenly stopped. She stared at the thing in disbelief, being able to disable her magic just now.

"What... what are you?" she asked cowardly.

"Maybe I should ask you, how's Luna?"

Twilight's mind reeled back to where she had her conversation with Luna. Her description about him fitted him completely: emotionless, blue eyes, and the aura he emitted felt evil after all. She wanted to attack him right now for what he had done to Luna, but she had told her that he was capable of doing evil deeds with more power than Celestia herself. She decided to keep the 'I won't forgive you for manipulating Luna' part out of the conversation.

"Why would you want to know?" Twilight responded with a hint of anger in her voice. She did not want to carry the conversation on with this monster.

"I like where this is going, little Princess. First, let me introduce myself, I am the being known as Yveltal," the bird said with finesse. Though he may have looked pretty evil on the outside, he seemed like a real gentle-colt, if Twilight can even call him one. "It has been oh-so-long since I last saw her, been a couple-thousand years."

"I doubt you even have any connection with her, so there is no point," Twilight said with a smirk on her face. But she soon regretted it, as the shadow around her grew to the point it was around her face. Yveltal did something unexpected as he made the shadow slash a small cut into Twilight's cheek. She flinched from this as she winced a little in pain. It wasn't very deep, but blood came out, indicating that the creature gave her a warning.

"Watch it Twilight Sparkle, or I may as well make it deeper," he threatened. Twilight had grown somewhat careless around Yveltal, being able to anger him to the point of harming her.

"Fine, she's doing alright. She's still trying to fit in a little after what happened."

"I see, I hope the scar I created for her wasn't too much," he said with a chuckle.

Twilight knew it.

"You... you made her into Nightmare moon, didn't you?"

"Not exactly, you could say I just gave her a slight push," Yveltal said with the sound of a devilish plan in it.

"Why would you do that?!" Twilight cried, her tears mixing with her blood.

"Like Luna had told you, it was a deal." Yveltal responded. Twilight remembered what Luna said about the deal. He threatened her to do something or else something would've happened to Equestria. She did not want to know what would happen if the deal was broken. "I had specifically told her that if she were to tell anybody in that world of hers with great importance that there would be consequences. And may Arceus help you Twilight Sparkle, you better have plans."

Twilight gulped as she was literally cowering in fear. "You can't do this," she said in a volume as low as her friend Fluttershy's voice.

"Yes I can Twilight Sparkle," he said as the shadowy claw was right under her eyes. She closed her eyes as she waited for another slash to make another wound on her face, but instead, all it did was dry of some tears that were on her face. "However, I am willing to make a deal with YOU."

This took her by complete surprise. Make a deal? Was he nuts? Twilight's mind was throwing many curve balls at her left and right. First, he acts like a gentle creature, despite his menacing looks. Second, he had threatened her by putting a gash in her face, which was a sign of no joking around. And finally, he wipes off her tears.

"What's your deal?" she said in a serious tone. He saw Yveltal smile as he lightened his grip on her, letting her breath more easily, but was still enough for her to stay trapped.

"Good."

He suddenly released his grip around her completely for her to fall to the ground. He was expecting for her to land on all fours, but she comically face panted into the ground. He chuckled, but not loud enough for Twilight to hear this. The alicorn realized that she had landed beside the unconscious creature. Its bruises were very severe. He had open wounds that made it look the even more uglier. And his blue rings were just barely flashing. She quickly got up to her hooves as she freaked out.

"What is that?!" she said in a panic. "And why did you kill it?!"

"Don't get your feathers in a knot Princess, that's an Umbreon, one of the many different Pokemon in this world," he answered, calming Twilight down a little. "And it's not dead, I held back my real power, just so I don't kill him. Our deal will involve him."

"What do you want me to do with a canine?"

"Trust me, this is no 'canine' of what you say. I may as well explain to you what your dealing with, since I am well aware that you have a lust for knowledge." And so Yveltal had explained everything he could muster up from how pokemon works, all the know pokemon in the world, and how some of them are even gods.

"Pokemon, huh? So what you're saying is that you want me to do is to take this Pokemon under my wing so I can train it in battling?"

"Exactly, let me tell you some background about him. He's a male, his name is Shade, loves to battle, and if you saw earlier, he was looking for his love."

"And who's this love he's looking for?"

"That will not be playing much of a role here, because I will be removing the memory he had that keeps him from battling efficiently. Keep him within Canterlot grounds as it will be best to train there. Tell him that he was born to fight in a death battle against another pokemon in your world with the name Flare." Yveltal had made this deal more complicated than Twilight had hoped for. "If he wins that battle, I will leave your world alone, along with Shade so you won't have to worry about him anymore."

"And what if this 'Flare' wins the battle against Shade?" Twilight asked.

"Then I will continue with my plan to harm your world, the one I said when Luna broke her deal."

Twilight's eye twitched. This was all really intense to handle, she never knew that she would have to train the memory-empty pokemon to fight a death battle. But she had no choice, if she had declined Equestria would be destroyed.

"When will this take place?"

"It will take place in my dimension where the battle will take place in approximately 2 months. Hear my words Twilight Sparkle, and do not take them for granted, I am real serious when it comes to deals."

"Alright, I accept your deal."

"Good, when you wake up, I will deliver Shade to you." Twilight had forgotten, she was asleep.


Twilight woke up with bullets falling from her forehead. She looked outside to saw dawn breaking from the mountains. She felt her cheek to feel the cut she had gotten was not present. She gave a sigh of relief as she went to her bathroom to look at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were red, her mane was messy, and her feathers were not preened very well. She may as well get ready for the morning as she combed her mane, preened her feathers, brushed her teeth, and washed her eyes of any crust that formed. Nothing could ruin her day, or so she thought.

Until she heard flapping outside.

She froze as it sounded like a huge pair of wings were actually outside. She walked outside of her bathroom to see the same creature waiting outside. She opened both doors to come eye to eye with Yveltal.

"Hope you slept well," Yveltal said with a smile.

"Don't count on it," Twilight said in a grumpy mood. Until she saw the black pokemon on Yveltal's back, she knew what she had to do. She tried to use her magic to get him off, but the aura that had wrapped around him disappeared instantly.

"I forgot to mention, your magic is very similar to psychic-types in my world, causing it to just dissipate," Yveltal said, as he got on his talons with a graceful landing. He turned around for the Umbreon to slide of his back and onto the balcony.

"I'm only doing this just so you don't attack us, for the fate of Equestria."

"Good to see that, you may as well get him patched up, that last attack I hit him with was super-effective." Twilight had remembered about type-advantages and type-disadvantages when Yveltal had explained to her about his world. "If you have any questions, ask them now."

"Who was Shade looking for?"

"I'm sorry, but that is classified until further notification," Yveltal answered with a smug look on his face. His eyes turned even more blue as a grass-weaved basket appeared from behind him in a blue aura floating towards Twilight, where she took it in her own magic. "The soil here is quite fertile, I recommend planting these berries in the garden down there. I know Shade loves these berries." Twilight had remembered the berries, it was the same basket that hung on that one tree she was close to.

"Alright, Yveltal, see you in 2 months."

"Looking forward to it." With that he flew off, where a portal formed with him going into it, then disappeared.

She looked at the basket, then at Shade. She had a lot of work to do, as she brought both the Pokemon and basket inside.

Author's Note:

Flare is going to be a major character coming into the story soon. By the meantime, if you are enjoying this story, please give it a like, favourite, or give it a compliment or some criticism I may need. Thank you!