• Published 26th Mar 2014
  • 1,383 Views, 8 Comments

Life and Destruction: Intertwining Disasters - Firamoon



Trying to evacuate from the area of where disasters were soon to occur, one happens to a certain pokemon as in being taken to an alien world.

  • ...
2
 8
 1,383

Chapter 1: In a New land

"Hey girls, what are you doing here?" Twilight asked the gang.

Twilight was currently packing her things from the library to Canterlot where she had to discuss royal business, with the bonus of it being her first conference. All five of her friends were currently present in the Golden oaks library with Spike helping her with luggages.

"You'd never think that your friends wouldn't at least come by to say our farewells, we're coming with you!" Rarity responded, having a mirror levitated in front of her.

"Yeah! And remember, don't forget to celebrate a party!" Pinkie exclaimed, pulling a couple balloons out of her mane. She started to float in the air with the balloons lifting her to the ceiling. Like usually, everyone thought it would have been best not to ask about it.

"What's the celebration called this time Pinkie?" Twilight spoke out as she had to raise her voice, and saying it for about the 68th time.

"Ith's calleth the..." she released the balloons from her teeth as she landed on the wood floors on all fours, only for the shockwave to have her shake uncontrollably. Once done, she yelled. "The 'Good-luck-Twilight-at-your-conference-while-we-have-fun party."

"Well," Fluttershy said sheepishly. "The name certainly is original."

"I know right! Where going to have so much games like Pin-the-tail-on-the-pony, pegasus twister, and of course lots of music!"

"Hehe, well that's Pinkie for ya!" Rainbow dash piped up, giving Pinkie pie a rub on the head. "She makes the best parties ever! You can't disagree on that."

"Well Ah' for one, think that's a great idea. Ya'll know when it'll be, certainly can go undefeated in another round of hoof wrestlin'," Applejack beamed. Pinkie Pie pulled out a megaphone and breathed in deeply.

"IT'S A SECRET!" she hollered. The whole tree house shook violently as the items in her luggages spilled all right out of their respective bags, covering everyone in the process, and covering Spike completely. She looked around to see everyone on their back with them being effected by it in many different ways. Rarity's hair's curls were completely undone and were replaced by an afro on both her head and tail, Applejack's hat ended up on Pinkie's megaphone with her twitching, Rainbow dash's wing feathers were all out of place so much it would take hours to preen them again, Fluttershy had Rainbow dash's case as well except that her hair stood straight up, however, Twilight seemed unaffected by it as her magic pulled out to soft objects out of her ears. Pinkie threw the megaphone behind her as she blushed. "Woops."

Pinkie got a sigh from Twilight as her magic continued to gather everything back up and put them back in her bag. "I'd love to Pinkie, but I got to go in under an hour," Twilight implied, revealing that Spike had been K.O.'d by Pinkie Pie. Pinkie's eyes watered as she looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"C'mon, PLEASE Twilight. PLEASE. Just play for at least a minute. We can do each activity for 10 seconds! Just please!" she begged. Twilight didn't want to be late for her conference within Canterlot, but she didn't want to choose. She really had no choice but to keep Pinkie disappointed.

"Sorry no, I don't want Celestia to be mad at me," Twilight admitted, placing the unconscious Spike on her back.

"A-Alright," Pinkie whispered.

Minutes before leaving, everyone regained consciousness as they walked with her to the train station. Rainbow dash would fly, but the wind was too much now that her feathers have been ruined, and Rarity's hair was getting closer to its original look as she had a comb and mirror with her.

When they reached the station, nopony was there except the pony in front of the train. As they got closer, they noticed that the pony attending ponies that get on the train is sleeping while still standing.

"Hey! Mr. Train pony. Do you mind giving our princess a lift to Canterlot?" Rainbow dash said as he got closer to the pony's muzzle.

No response.

"Yoo hoo! Mr. train pony! Toot too, you getting everyone on the train yet?" Pinkie asked as she hopped on his back. He did not budge, the only response was louder snoring. She grabbed a blowhorn out of her mane and prepared to blow his brain out. She chomped her teeth on the ball as the noise went from his right ear to left ear as his eyes were blood red and was now wide awake.

"Sweet Celestia, I'm sorry Caroline!" he yelled, only to look around to see himself at work. He sighed as he looked at the gang with an old grin. "Well hello ladies, may I help you?" he asked sheepishly.

"Is this train heading to Canterlot?" Rarity asked.

"I... I..." before he could finish, he fell asleep again.

"Jeez! What's with this geezer," Rainbow dash complained.

"Don't be so rude Rainbow, he probably had a bad dream last night, like Angel," Fluttershy supported.

"He thinks he can just fall asleep on business with a princess?" Rainbow walked up to him and slapped him across the face. He seemed to have woken up as his eyes were widened once again.

"Now Miss Rainbow dash, you think you can just go around slapping ponies like that?! How unlady like!" Rarity scolded.

"Hey, quit fighting you two," Twilight intruded. "Excuse me sir, but is there something wrong."

"O-oh hello Princess Twilight I-it's such an honour to meet you in person," he said, bowing down to her.

"At ease," Twilight said, not wanting anypony bowing down to her. "What's happening?"

"What's happened? You don't want to know! It's horrendous, terrifying, it's soul ripping!"

"Please, don't go overdramatic on me sir," Twilight moaned. "Just skip to why you're like this."

"Oh yes your majesty eh-"

"Please, just call me Twilight," she added.

"Alright Twilight, ma'am. As you may have noticed, my sleeping days have gone a bit... nuts. For 3 straight days, the whole city of Manehatten has been getting nightmares."

"The whole city? One of the biggest ones in Equestria?"

"Yes, all the children sleep on the streets instead of having fun, hay sandwich stands only have a sleeping stallion, and everyone can't seem to stay awake!"

"Is the reason know?"

"Maybe, there is a nightmare monster somewhere in that town!" Spike intruded. Twilight gave him an odd look.

"Spike, there's no, and I mean no way, that a monster could cause nightmares for ponies in their sleep. It's illogical." Twilight looked at the train conducter again as he was about to fall asleep again, but Twilight stomped her hoof on the ground, which emitted a loud 'clop' which reawakened him.

"Are you from Manehatten sir?"

"Yes, my wife Caroline and my two foals can't stay awake, not even a cup of coffee would work." He looked at the Princess intently before coming to a conclusion. "Twilight, we need your help!"

"I'm extremely sorry, but I have a meeting to attend to in Canterlot, I can't go."

"Just so happens that this train is parting to Canterlot right now, you just happen to be the only passenger on the train!"

"Ahem," Rainbow dash coughed, getting the pony's attention. "We're going to you know."

"Girls," Twilight announced. "On behalf rule as a princess, I assign you a mission."

"A mission? You expect meh to back down!? Ah'm in!" Applejack said with gusto.

"Well, as long as I don't get my hooves dirty, I'm fine," Rarity responded.

"W-well as long as my animals can stay safe, I can go," Fluttershy whispered.

"Pinkie Pie reporting for duty," Pinkie saluted.

"You can count on me Twilight, I will kick some monster flanks tonight!" Rainbow proclaimed.

"I need you guys to investigate the place and see what you can find, Rarity, use that spell I taught you so you can send letters to me," Twilight ensured. "I'll be sure to get them via Spike." Rarity looked at Spike, then gave him a wink. Spike was now captivated again, literally floating in the air with hearts in his eyes.

"Well, shall we Princess Twilight?" said the conductor.

"But wait, when's the next train to Manehatten?" Rarity asked.

"Ohh, I'm horribly sorry, but the train to Manehatten has been cancelled due to those problems I mentioned earlier. I'm afraid you may have to go by hoof." said the conductor.

"Oh my. That would take more than a week to get there!" Rarity complained.

"I'm sorry, but unless you can wait a week for the train to come, then you'd have to gallop there."

"I'm sorry girls, but I don't want the place to suffer, you'll have to get there, one way or another."

"Alright," the five ponies said in unison.

"Before we go sir," Twilight added. Her horn started to glow a magenta as she shot the conductor with magic beam. He felt the bags under his eyes disappear as he felt energized. "There, you should be able to keep the train running now."

"Thank you so much! I'm in your debt Princess."

"Come on Spike," Twilight called. Spike simply floated into the train as steam escaped from the train and started moving. Twilight waved to her friends in goodbye as she hoped they can handle their mission.


The hand still had her gripped in an iron fist. The owner of the mysterious hand was still unknown as the couldn't see anything at all. She quit her struggling after a while she had wasted much of her energy, she just had her eyes closed, waiting for the inevitable, she lost hope for escaping as she hoped Shade hadn't followed. The strangest thing was that the fog had no effect on her whatsoever, she pondered at this effect. Before she can think of a conclusion, she was met with the outside world, she got a whiff of air before she was violently thrown into the ground below.

While she was in the air, she caught a glimpse of some kind of cottage outside the forest before making contact with the ground.

Her vision got impaired due to impact, her oxygen supply was currently grasping for more. She never experienced this much pain, it was too much. Getting on all four paws was not being an easy task. She attempted to use her feelers to push herself up, she managed to due so, until she fell again. Through her blurred vision, she saw a tall object as she needed to get a breather. She put her back against it as she relaxed.

Her vision cleared, it was still night time, but the place she was at was very different. The place looked more of a swampy area with a clear path leading to Arceus knows where. Her back was against a rather large tree, she looked more around her for more clues to where she is. The sky looked different than she had remembered, and she doesn't remember there being any sort of swamp nearby, besides the one south of Laverre City

She decided to get moving as she took the path that looked more promising to her, starting to look more like a forest to her. Usually, she would skip and float a bit when she was travelling, however, she felt that this was a major problem so she walked normally as her feelers are at her sides. The sounds of owls and reptiles fill the smoggy air as she started to flinch from the smell. She ignored it and decided to continue on her way. The sounds of the unknown forest starts to get to her as she becomes a lot more paranoid than she is now, picking up the pace.

She feels the wind on her fur as she tried to run as fast as she can through the forest before tripping over the root a tree in her path. Her cream fur was now covered in a muddy layer that would dry if she didn't wash it off.

She couldn't stand the dirt and mud she was sitting in currently. She never battled much, let alone use moves like dig, which can get her very dirty. She used her feelers to try to take off the dirt from around her eyes as she eyed the small, gold object sitting in the mud with her. She felt the area around her neck and realized the object she cherished so much was the object on the ground with the string to keep it around her neck snapped. She slowly moved both her paws over to it as the marshy mud dripped off it. She slowly clicked it open as it showed the photo of her and Shade hand made for the two of them by Embrace's old trainer. It was made soon after she had found her true love.

Shade.

She missed him, and she wanted him to be her side, just like he had promised her. Should he have followed after her kidnapper? If he had, then where was he, and why doesn't she hear anything that says her name? Something could've possibly happened to him, maybe like Sapphire said, pokemon that have entered the fog were said to never emerge again.


Flashback 1: Will you be my mate?

"Are you sure Shade? You want me to go live out there with you? Forever?"

Embrace had been one of Shade's closest friends for several months, his other friends being other Eeveelutions which consisted of three friends: the Sun Pokemon, Espeon, the Verdant Pokemon, Leafeon, and finally, the Intertwining Pokemon, Sylveon.

They were sitting on a park bench in the Sylveon's home town, Shalour City. The night was cold as the dark streets were empty of people. Street light were on as they were sitting under one as well.

Her friend took one last look at the night sky as his blue rings glowed. He then looked back at the fairy type. "I do. I want it more than ever," he said in a tone Embrace was not used to, his voice was full of thought and he put so much effort to making it sound the even more convincing, a rare sight to see. "And maybe, just maybe, we can even have an Eevee together." This took back the Sylveon, she observed her close friend as she decided to ask him a big question.

"How long have you had this burden with you? I've seen you act strangely these past couple weeks we've been out on our play dates." She really wanted to get an answer to why he had wanted to do that.

He let out a small chuckle before turning back to her. "From the day I met you when we were just little Eevee, I thought we would be the best of friends, but I soon found out that it would have been much more, that our friendship would soon turn into something much deeper. Seeing you are one of a kind Embrace; and I don't mean that in just any way, I mean that you are the one that really stands out to me. The day after I realized that you evolved into a Sylveon, I devoted myself to be on the same level of ground as you.

"That's why I had left, to become stronger and evolve. To my surprise, I have evolved into this." He gestured his paws to his body before continuing. "I've gone through a lot from my trip back here. The best place I thought to do my training was the Pokemon Village all the way past the snowy city. I was almost caught once, most likely because of my different coloration than other Umbreons, having blue rings instead of them being yellow. I always thought I was so much different than other Eevees but I didn't give up, I wanted to get back to you as fast as possible. When I got back, I knew you'd be happy, but I didn't tell you about my feelings yet because I thought the feeling wasn't mutual.

"Until it came to this day, I finally got the courage to ask you this one question I've been trying to get off my chest for too long. Do you accept?"

She took in his explanation. He said everything as if he was sharing a cherished memory. To be completely honest, her feelings for Shade were one where she wouldn't feel uncomfortable being in a relationship with him, and to even have an offspring with him, maybe. She admired him, he was a great battler, and was always there to comfort her if she needed him. It was possible that Embrace had the feeling for him all this time. I can't believe this, he finally got the courage to ask me. He really does love me.

"This is a lot to take in Shade. I-I can't be-"

"I-I see," Automatically thinking that she had denied his request. Umbreon's ears hung against his head and his rings stopped glowing. He felt heart broken and shattered for the time. "Maybe I'll drop in early today." Embrace knew she had screwed up, knowing fully that Shade did not take it easily. Before Shade left the bench, Embrace made her move.

Embrace took her feelers and firmly made Umbreon's head face hers. At first he was a bit startled, wandering what she was doing. She closed the distance between their faces by locking her lips with his. For the first few seconds, he wasn't returning the kiss, he was hesitant, but later changed in a couple seconds as he returned it. Their faces were a deep crimson as the Umbreon has his forelegs wrapped around the Sylveon's thighs, and she rested her forelegs around his neck. They were enjoying every last bit of it, they didn't want this to end.

"Well well well, looks like you finally got the guts to do it," the familiar voice commented.

The other Pokemon let out a small chuckle. "Yes, I got to agree with him, even if he is my brother."

They both opened their eyes as they were still having their moment together--when they have discovered their mates. They slowly parted and looked at the Pokemon that intruded.

"Heh, Lily! Psy! So nice to see you guys," Shade gave Psy a wide smile as he returned it as well. The Espeon was his best friend for as long as he can remember. They were even tag team partners once when they had to fight two trainers that had attacked, and caused them to run. Embrace thought they were the best battle partners, because of their synergy. Lily was Psy's little sister, a Leafeon, and when it came to being a brother and sister, Psy always thought he was the dominant sibling. "What brings you guys here? I thought you were back at your den the last time I saw."

Psy walked over to the Umbreon, being followed by Lily, as Psy put his paw on the night colored Pokemon's shoulder. "I knew you could do it, it sure took long enough, I thought you two would be perfect, we were just in the bush over there" Psy said, pointing out the nearby bush big enough for both the siblings.

"I knew those two were perfect for each other way before you big bro. You're so slow on this stuff," Lily intervened.

"Hey! I know Shade from head to paw, like he's my twin brother." Psy and Lily had their foreheads pushed against each other, growling. "I wish you have evolved into a Glaceon instead, that way, I wouldn't have had to nurse you last winter, you just had to choose Leafeon!"

"It fits my name well. You Psychic types are so complicated. At least I don't get headaches when I use Psychic."

"YOU CAN'T EVEN LEARN PSYCHIC YOU IDIO-"

They were both cut off by what looks like a ribbons wrapping over their mouths, both of them still trying to argue with each other, coming out as mumbles. They looked at the Sylveon as she took a deep breath and exhaled. "How about you guys stop arguing for a bit. I'm going to release, and as soon as I do, will you two be quiet?" They both nodded as the ribbon slowly let go of their muzzles. They took one more death glance at each other before turning away from them.

"Anyway, Psy, Lily, what are you guys doing here?" Embrace asked.

"Oh that's easy," Lily piped up. "Shady told us ahead of time he would tell his feelings in this exact spot. So we thought we would come here to see if your boyfriend asked you and was successful. We got here, saw you guys kissing, then wanted to congratulate you two."

"Can you please not call me that? Especially around... you know who," Umbreon said, blushing a little.

"Well, I already beat her to it," Psy bloated. Lily shot a glare at her before talking again.

"Anyway, I was hoping you guys wanted to come to our place! We got tons of berries, like Oran berries, pecha, sitrus, and more. Just to celebrate this occasion."

"Sounds great!" Embrace and Shade responded in unison. They started to follow the siblings as Embrace had one of her feelers lightly wrapped around Shade's foreleg. They stared into each others eyes as the Moonlight pokemon started.

"Embrace."

"Yes Shade?"

"From this day, till the day I die, I promise, I will always be by your side, and if we were to ever have the Eevee I mentioned, I will help take great care for it. Embrace, thank you for helping me complete my life." He started crying with tears of joy, she was happy to lend him the perfect life. However, she felt as if she needed to know some more about his background.

"Shade, I would love to see your parents," Embrace asked. He froze, as if she said something wrong. He was hesitant, but he still wanted to provide an answer to her.

"Well, my mother was a Jolteon, and... well, she was in love with a Vaporeon. I thought those two would never be compatible, but it happened." Normally, the parents of many Eevees would usually be a paired with another eeveelution that doesn't have a type type compatibility with them, but Embrace didn't mind at all.

"I wish I new about my real parents, but my trainer was like my mother, but every pokemon has to move out on their own, and that day is today for me."

"I'm sorry I'm letting you leave your trainer Embrace, you can reconsider this if you wish."

"No no no, Shade," Embrace said, shaking her head. "I would love to go with you, I just wonder how she will take this."

End of Flashback


After hours of cleaning herself off of the dirt she was covered in, and having the string of her necklace knotted so it stayed around her neck, she decided to continue on the path. She needed to look for civilization, or some place she can take shelter in. She needed to find somewhere to take shelter as the night wind was getting even more cold, she shivered as she saw an opening up ahead. She smiled widely as she picked up the pace, finally going to be out of the weird forest.

But something stopped her.

A disgusting smell got to her head as she flinched, it smelled just like several Muk and Garbodar were pushed into one room for everyone to smell. She slowly turned around to see what was there. There, she was met with a pair of glowing green eyes. She hopped back a great distance to look at the creature.

The thing was made of wood, and its breath was the source of the nose burning smell. It was almost like the combination she was weak to: a Grass/Poison type. But she didn't know if this was really the Pokemon world now. She slowly backed away as it started to growl at her, baring its sharp, wooden teeth. It had twigs with a leaf attached to them that probably served as their ears. Its eyebrows were decayed leaves which looked like it has been eaten away by some bugs.

It let out a howl, one to send chills down anyone's spines. She knew what was happening, and she didn't want it to happen at all. She had to run, as fast as she can. Because it was calling its pack. Before she can run, she heard more footsteps, rushing to the scene.

She soon found herself surrounded with the wooden wolves, staring at her as they were going to start feasting. She couldn't move, and she didn't want to move, she thought she was gone. The wolves pounced, teeth ready to get into her, she was going to die soon if she hadn't did anything. Her skills as a battler were mediocre, meaning that it wasn't good enough to beat everything. She was treated more like a daughter, a pet when she was under ownership. She wasn't ready for this.

All of a sudden, sharpened stones started to rain the air, hurting the creatures. Embrace looked up to see a shadow and the user of that stone edge, but it had wings, as the wolves turned their attention to the attacker. The silhouette finally revealed itself as it landed in front of Embrace, taking an offensive stance against their attackers, as the white fur was a dead give away to the pokemon's identity.

"Sapphire?!"

Author's Note:

Yep, Sapphire came through to save someone he just met. Reasons will come soon to why only Sapphire came through and not Shade. Right now, he will have to kick some hindquarters of the Timberwolves for Embrace's safety.

I have the next two chapters already made, so they should be out pretty soon. After the next two, there may be some delay after them.