• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 3,780 Views, 196 Comments

Equestriancraft - Lionpaw315



Welcome to Equestria...where pegasi control the weather, the sun and the moon are moved by the celestial sisters....and where the Sky Army leader and some of his friends are now officially stuck.

  • ...
6
 196
 3,780

History Lesson

They took the news surprisingly well.
Well, all but Pinkie Pie.
She bounced around screaming, "OMYGOSHYOUREFROMANOTHERWORLDLETSHAVEAOURFRIENDSFELLINTOAPORTALAN
DCAMETOOURWORLD-PAAAAAAAAARTY!!!!!!" She ran around and smashed her face into a bookcase.
Rainbowdash had to tackle her over before she calmed down. They crashed into the ground and knocked over a few books.
Twilight, meanwhile, was flipping through books as fast as she could, skimming them quickly to see references on the world they had come from.
"Minecraftia, you say?" She asked, glancing up from the book titled Parallel Worlds and looking at Jason.
"Yeah," he replied, flipping through another book and pushing it away when he found nothing.
"Minecraftia?" Pinkie asked, suddenly interested in what they were talking about. A book slid off her forehead, and she bucked it up with her left fore-hoof onto the table. "Page 35."
Jason and the rest of his friends, stunned, at her. "How...?" Ant asked, his eyes widening.
Pinkie grinned a ridiculously large grin and said, "It fell on my face when Rainbow tackled me."
Jason suddenly had a moment of genius. "Find me a book on the history of Equestria," he ordered, then kicked her into a bookshelf, causing fifteen books to fall on her. The other ponies gasped, but Pinkie got up, unfazed. She tossed down a random book at his hooves and said, "Page 1."
Jason gaped at her. "Weird, or what...." He muttered reaching for the book. He had asked her to find that book because he also actually kinda wanted to read it. Why not study up on the world he was gonna stay in?
"Huh," Twilight exclaimed, causing all of the ponies to turn towards her. "Minecraftia has a legend that's pretty similar to one of ours," she explained, clearing her throat for a long lecture. Everypony groaned.
"This book says that when the universe was created, there was only chaos. No harmony. It was just darkness, darkness, darkness.
Then, from the darkness, evil was born. Evil split into four entities.
One of the entities was Lord Mortim. He had a heart as black as shadow, and as cold as ice. He created Minecraftia, but Minecraftia under his rule was a savage wasteland. Nothing lived or grew. There was no happiness. There was no love. There was no friendship.
Then, out of who-knows-what, Notch and his younger brother Herobrine were born. No one knows how, but there they were. They saw how savage the world was under Mortim's rule,and decided to do something about it.
They overthrew Mortime using two twin amulets that they had created. They banished Mortim to the End, and all of his evil to the Nether. (Some people say that he became the Enderdragon after some while.) But what they didn't they didn't know was that a shard of evil had found its way into Herobrine's heart.
Notch and Herobrine created all of the mobs. Notch created all of the passive mobs, and Herobrine created what are now known as the hostile mobs. They both added to the mob known as the Player.
For a while, Minecraftia was happy. The Player was their pride and joy, and they made another member of its species so that it could...er...reproduce. Notch and Herobrine watched over the Players and helped guide them in their times of need.
But soon, Herobrine grew restless. He noticed that the players made mistakes, which he couldn't stand. He confided in Notch about this problem, but Notch replied that if the players didn't make mistakes, there would be no way for them to grow and learn.
Herobrine, not satisfied with this answer, decided to take matters into his own hands. The shard of evil that had made it into his heart had grown, and corrupted his mind. He vowed to destroy all of Minecraftia and remake it to his liking. Knowing that Notch would never approve of his plan, he chose to kill his brother.
Herobrine nearly succeeded. Had it not been for the fact that he had completely forgotten about the twin amulets that he and his brother wielded in the first battle, he would have killed Notch.
Instead, Notch had been forced to wield those amulets against his dear brother and banish him permanently to the Nether.
Notch locked up the amulets forever to erase his mind of those painful memories. Only one with the blood of him or his brother could access them, and that was never going to happen.
Herobrine, meanwhile, in the Nether had unleashed his wrath through the mobs he had created, and was using them to fulfill his desire.
Peace had returned to Minecraftia, though it was never going to be the same again."
Silence.
"Wooaah," Jordan breathed, the first one to interrupt the silence that had fallen in the library. "That story was...."
"Awesome!" Yelled Rainbowdash.
"Terrifying," corrected Bodil.
"Wait, there's more," Twilight continued reading. "It says that Mortim had been watching these events take place, and was very pleased by them. He fed on hatred and despair; as long as there was that in the world he would slowly be regaining his strength and would one day unleash his wrath on the universe. Only four united could stop him. The first had to be a wielder of one of the amulets. The second had to be a bearer of the elements. The third had to have fought a shadow of himself. The fourth had to have done an act of true love.
The first sign of Mortim's return is one parallel worlds cross."
Everyone gasped. Even Pinkie Pie, but Jason figured that she had no idea why. Everyone else did, though.
"Oh my word!" Rarity gasped, giving voice to the disbelief that was written on everyone's faces. "What it this legend is true? It said that 'parallel worlds cross; you guys are from another world! What if...?!"
Everyone held that moment of suspense before Ant burst out laughing, followed by Sky, Ty, Bodil, Jason himself, and Jordan.
"Oh man, you actually had us believing that for a moment there," Ty howled, laughing so hard he had collapsed onto the floor.
"Yeah, everyone knows that Notch and Herobrine aren't real; their just a story made up to scare little kids," added Bodil, wiping tears from his eyes. Jordan and Jason nodded in agreement, and Sky shook his head so hard he fell over.
Suddenly, a purple dragon burst into the room, gasping. "Twilight," he panted, looking at the Alicorn Princess. He pointed outside. "Strange creatures...invading Ponyville. No one's ever seen them before; no one knows what they are. They're coming from the Everfree Forest. Hurry!" The dragon added when the group of friends rushed out to check what was going on.
The Minecraftians were less sure of themselves than they had been a few moments ago.

Author's Note:

This was a whole lot of typing on the ipad. 0,0'
And a cookie to you if you figure out what I'm going for.