• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 3,780 Views, 196 Comments

Equestriancraft - Lionpaw315



Welcome to Equestria...where pegasi control the weather, the sun and the moon are moved by the celestial sisters....and where the Sky Army leader and some of his friends are now officially stuck.

  • ...
6
 196
 3,780

Logic=goodbye

In all her years of study, Twilight had never seen those creatures before.

They came out of the Everfree Forest in hordes, the short, fat green one blowing up, the tall, black one only attacking if you looked it square in the eye, the zombie and skeleton ponies, and the big spider ponies with eight legs.

Those things on their own would have been weird enough, especially since Twilight didn't know any necromancy spells, nor any limb duplication spells, but there were also some wet, grayish blueish blocks with cords sticking out of them-

Actually, those cords were starting to look like tentacles.......

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME, FOOLISH MORTALS!!!!" The blocks screamed continuously, loudly, and very annoyingly. Some of them flipped over, exposing teeth, and a very derpy face. "IMA SQUID!!!!" Some of the "squids" chanted over and over again.

"Oh, no....." Sky sighed, right behind her. He had an enraged look on his face, and was eying the squids murderously. "I actually thought we were gonna get some peace for once....."

"Sky, do ya know what these creatures are?" Applejack asked, looking mildly disgusted at the squids' wet sliminess.

"Squids," Sky and the rest of his friends answered in unison. Ant grabbed his knife in his mouth and stabbed a squid with it. Ty looked like he wanted to do the same thing, and he would have, if he had a knife. Sky, Ant, and Ty charged the hostile mobs, followed by Applejack and Rainbow. Sky screamed, "DIE SQUIDS!!!!" Ant yelled, "TAKE THIS, CREEPER!!" Ty screeched, "LETS DO DIS!!!!" Applejack and Rainbow just rolled their eyes.

"Squids?" Fluttershy squeaked, shaking her head. "These aren't squids. Squids don't have eight tentacles, they have ten, and they can't talk." She looked at Jordan pleadingly. "Don't kill them...."

Just then, a squid at her hooves screamed, "BOW DOWN TO ME, FOOLISH MORTAL!!!!!!"

Fluttershy wrinkled her nose. "Well, they aren't nearly as rude, either," Fluttershy muttered.

"Fluttershy, I know you like animals and all, but these? We have to get rid of them. They're overpopulating and that can't be good for the environment," Jordan tried to break it to her gently. "Besides, they're also smarter than they look. They could eventually pose a threat. Plus, they're as annoying as heck," he added under his breath as he trotted off and punched a squid.



"We aren't getting anywhere," complained Sky as he punched his millionth squid with his hoof and tossed it aside.
While the squids and hostile mobs gave him a sense of home, Sky really wished that something else would come out of the portal. Why not wolves, or ocelots, or, heck, even villagers?
There was a hissing noise behind him, and he flinched just as Ant cannoned into the creepony and dug his knife into it. Its eyes widened and it fell over, despawning.
Sky hated the look on its face. It was like it was trying to...talk to him or something. All hostile mobs did that. It was weird. It made him feel guilty when he stuck a sword through them.
Which is why they had volunteered Ant, Rainbow, and AJ to fight the hostile mobs. Applejack and Rainbow were the only ones strong enough to fight them, and when Ant was volunteered, he assumed a scary look on his face and said, "Let's rumble."
He had the advantage of being the only one with a weapon anyway, so it was pretty clear that he was going to fight the mobs.
"The squids just keep coming and coming. At this rate, they're gonna flood Ponyville, and maybe all of Equestria," Twilight pointed out as she zapped squids with her horn and incinerated them.
Ty turned to look at her, a squid stuck on his unicorn horn. Apparently, instead of using his hooves, he had been using his horn, but instead of using magic, he had been stabbing the squids.
Yuck.
"Can't you just like, beam them all into oblivion, or something? I mean, I've seen you doing strong magic before when you fought that Ursa Minor. Can't you just, I dunno, do the same thing?" Rainbow asked, zapping a....
"WAITDONTDOIT!!!" Ant screamed, shooting up there and becoming the unintended victim of the blast. The creeper that Rainbow was going to zap just watched. Sky could swear that it was laughing, although kind of disappointed, as if it wanted to turn into a charged creeper.
Ant picked himself off of the ground and glared at the laughing Rainbowdash. He drew his knife. She stopped laughing. He stormed back to where the others were.
Twilight looked annoyed, completely oblivious to what had just happened. "That isn't how it works," she replied, continuing to blast squids. Ant rolled his eyes and slammed the head off of a skeleton. Sky frowned.
"We need to find out where all of the mobs are coming from. Then, we can shut off the waves and just, you know, relax," Applejack grumbled, bucking a spider in the face. Sky watched her bucking the mobs.
One creeper, two creeper, one spider, one skeleton....wait, was that another spider?
Jason nodded. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."
Ant gritted his teeth. "What would you know about good ideas?" he muttered under his breath, body slamming a skeleton and breaking all of its bones.
Sky gulped. Ant was downright scary when he was mad.
Suddenly, there was an explosion, and a pink cannonball flew through the air. She landed face first in the dirt, screaming. Twilight had to use magic to try and pull Pinkie's head out of the ground. Pinkie came loose with a popping noise, gasping.
She then jumped up and down, her startled demeanor completely changing to one of excitement and enthusiasm.
"Oh my gosh while I was flying through the air I saw something really weird it and it looked kinda like a nether portal and it looked like squids and skeletons and zombies and spiders and creepers and endermen were coming out of it and I wasn't very sure if they were but it think they were but hey," Pinkie waved her hoof dismissively. "That can't be what we're looking for, right?"
Sky and the rest of his friends just stared. Ah, logic. I see we must part ways once more.
"Well, then what in Tarantion are we waitin' for?" Applejack asked, using her lasso (wait, where did that come from?) and grabbing Pinkie with it. She dashed off into the forest. "Hurry up, ya slowpokes!"
"Waaait!!!" Twilight yelped as she dashed off into the forest, followed by the rest of the crew. Ant and Rainbow stayed in the air, looking out for danger (well, Ant was mostly looking out for clouds. Sky guessed that he didn't like clouds. He wondered why.), while the ponies on the ground dashed as fast as their hooves could carry them over to the strange portal.
Sky really hoped that it wouldn't go as bad as their last experience with a portal.