• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 710 Views, 23 Comments

A Friendly Introduction - Gleaming



Rarity finished her fashion orders earlier than usual, now she is planning to take a very relaxing vacation in Canterlot.

  • ...
0
 23
 710

II. Meeting

Meeting

Written by Chaotic Lightning


[/hr]

Rarity slurped the drink so fast, that her throat didn't have enough time to savor the moment with the exotic drink. All of the ponies around here at the nearby tables were all enjoying their meals of sunflower sandwiches and smoothies, out of the blue was an elegant modeling mare who was known around Canterlot as Fleur De Lis.

A mare who is married to Fancy Pants would be known around in a famous city like Canterlot. Becoming famous isn't easy, but you have to earn a living if you are not famous in your own right. The fact that Rarity always had the dream to become famous and become one of the Canterlot elite, was something that she had her priorities in order.

The sophisticated mare approached the bar counter, sitting down on the stool next to Rarity. ''Hello, is it okay if I sit here?'' she asked politely, with a confident tone in her voice.

Rarity peered her eyes over to the right, her eyes sparkled with the bright lights of the restaurant reflecting off of her eyes. ''Fleur De Lis, it's such an honor to meet you again!''

''Nice to meet you as well, Miss Rarity. What brings you to this part of Canterlot, the fancy and elite ponies that you've always wanted to be like?'' Fleur asked, perking up her eyebrow.

''I'm staying here at the Canterlot Royal Hotel for a quick vacation, I didn't expect a pony like you to stay in a fancy hotel like this without Fancy Pants by your side.'' Rarity wondered, staring into Fleur's shimmering eyes.

''I heard that your room is currently getting worked on to bring the room to it's former glory, if you're looking for someone to take you in while your waiting for your room to be finished, I'm willing to take you in.'' Fleur said.

She didn't want to take the offer that Fleur gave her, she was even starting to question her own generosity. The feeling that a famous mare like Fleur De Lis offering the fashionista an opportunity to stay with her while her room is under construction, was a very exhilarating feeling that not even her words could describe how she felt. Rarity usually didn't have a pep in her step, but this time there was an exception.

''It would be an honor, to share a room with the most glamorous mare in Canterlot!'' the exuberant fashionista screamed with joy.

''Sounds like a plan!'' Fleur walked off of her stool, she pranced out out of the restaurant along with the fancy unicorn fashionista at her side walking up the stairs to Fleur's hotel room upstairs.


[/hr]

The two unicorns reached the front door of Fleur's hotel room, they looked at the decorated door that was covered in shimmering diamonds and with a porcelain surface on the cover of the door. Rarity opened the front door with her hoof, the sunlight peered from the inside of the glamorous room.

Not only did the room catch Rarity off guard, the interior design of the room really caught her attention with every dazzling feature that the room had to offer, it was a very impressive sight.

''So, how were you able to afford this luxurious room?'' Rarity asked, rubbing her chin.

''Well, Fancy Pants lent me some bits to afford this room. I was getting bored of the fancy Canterlot lifestyle, so I decided to take a quick vacation to where else, Manehattan.'' Fleur answered, hovering her brush near her mane.

''Well, now that I'm staying with you until my room is fixed, can I get a tour of the living room?'' Rarity asked.

''Of course, you can! Follow me to the living room.'' Fleur trotted to the center of the living, pointing her hoof all around the room.

''This living room looks outstanding! It has a hot tub, a diamond encrusted lounge chair and sofa, also a mirror that compliments your looks and always gives you positive advice. You really outdone yourself, Fleur.'' Rarity chuckled, she tried to hide the crimson red blush on her cheek.

''Thanks, Rarity. My room is your room I would give you the guest bedroom, but you are my guest so it is better to let you share my room with you that is if you want.'' Fleur fluttered her eyelashes, brushing her mane with her magic.

''Really? Oh, you don't have to Fleur.'' Rarity said.

''But I insist, my room is your room. It is all part of your generosity, correct?'' Fleur asked.

''You are right, I'll accept your offer. If there is any issues or problems you want to address to me, just let me know.'' Rarity said, kneeling on her knees.

''Will do, Rarity. What do you want to do tomorrow?'' Fleur asked, putting away her stuff gently with a pale magenta aura surrounding the items while sorting them by size and quality.

''We should go to the hotel's salon to receive some fabulous hooficures, it is better to be rejuvenated on vacation.'' Rarity's eyes sparkled in delight, snuggling gently into her bed next to Fleur's bed.

''Good idea, we should get some rest now to make it there early. Good night, Rarity.'' Fleur closed her eyes, turning off the lights, snuggling in her bed as well.

''Good night to you too, Fleur.'' Rarity said quietly, closing her eyes.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took a while to release this chapter, really had a huge delay with school which led to this chapter being released so late. I apologize if I made this chapter very short, the writers block really gets to you. Well anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter!