• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 1,450 Views, 48 Comments

Peewee and Spike's Ponyville Adventures - AbstractThought



A series of skits starring everyone's favorite young phoenix and dragon.

  • ...
0
 48
 1,450

The Great Switcheroo–Part 1

Part 1

It had been about a month or so since Peewee had returned to Ponyville (at least he thought it was; he stil didn’t fully understand time beyond the sun rising and falling), and everything was going hunky-dory for him. Not as much as famed celebrity Hunky Dory, of course, but then, Peewee didn’t know who that was, so he had no reason to be jealous. Not only were he and Spike as close as two peas in a fire-breathing pod, but they were also the latest hit in the comic industry! Spike’s first comic issue of his new series “Powwee the Power Phoenix” had debuted yesterday and was already turning out to be quite a hot seller, largely due to its uniqueness, because apparently no one else had thought up of a phoenix superhero before (something that definitely surprised Peewee). Spike was starting to get recognition as a rising star of the comic world (though they were strangely unaware of the time he saved the Crystal Empire) and Peewee himself was becoming something of a mascot around Ponyville, getting quite a few hugs from ponies around town, which he certainly wasn’t complaining about!

Of course, as the old saying goes, every paradise has its thorn, and Peewee’s was no exception.

The biggest thorn in Peewee’s butt was Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Do-Nothing-But-Be-A-Bossy-Pants-Without-Wearing-Pants…Kingdom. For one, she still didn’t like Peewee wandering around without someone supervising him, so his adventures were mostly restricted to hanging around the dusty library or tagging along on the occasional errand when no one could babysit him there. On the bright side, Spike was often there to keep him company, which often made it worthwhile, especially when he was working on comic book material. He was receptive to his ideas, and in fact he supplied most of Powwee’s dialogue. Apparently Peewee was a comedy genius; who knew?

Of course, even with a promising new position as a comic book writer, Spike was still Twilight’s assistant, meaning that she continued to assign him chores that she could have easily done herself, but apparently she needed the extra time to read more books or something. Peewee didn’t like it when Twilight interrupted their bonding time, so he tended to respond by giving her a nice hard peck on the head, which didn’t exactly improve their relationship.

Today was the lowest point of the whole ordeal. This morning he had set that mean bunny Angel’s tail on fire for trying to violate that Greengye with a carrot, something that freaked out Fluttershy on multiple levels, and now Twilight had him on lockdown, confining him to a magical cage in the basement while she worked things out. To make things worse, Peewee hadn’t had a chance to poop yet, since he was going out to take his morning poop when he stumbled upon Angel, and he was afraid to poop in the cage in case it caused the magic in it to shock him or turn him into a toad or something, so he was holding it in and hoping that he’d get a chance to poop somewhere non-magical sometime before he exploded from holding it in. He wasn’t sure if that could happen, but it sure felt possible!

Thankfully, the young phoenix didn’t have to wait long for Twilight to return with Spike in tow, her magic dragging him by his ear-spine or whatever it’s called. “Ow, come on, Twi!” Spike griped. “This is no way to treat a professional comic book writer!”

“Spike, I have had it with your pet!” Twilight shouted as they made it to Peewee’s cage. “He’s been causing trouble ever since he returned, and now he’s crossed the line!”

“Are you still upset that he burned my basket?” Spike asked, rubbing his ear-spine after it was let go. “I already told you it was no big deal! I was getting too big for my basket, anyway.”

“Spike, Peewee set Angel on fire!” Twilight barked in a way that would make Cerberus proud. “Fluttershy was practically traumatized! If Peewee wasn’t so cute, who knows what she would have done to him?!”

“Aww, thanks Twilight!” Peewee said with a smile. Nice to see she’s not a total meanie!

“You burned Angel?!” Spike cheered with an ever bigger smile. “Haha, way to go, Peewee! That oughta teach him to mess with you!” He reached out to touch his claw with Peewee’s wing–a “clawingbump”, as they called it–only for Twilight to swat it down in fury. “OW!”

“Are you insane?!” Twilight screeched as smoke started to eminate from her mane. “He set another animal on fire and you’re praising him for it?!”

“Come on, Twilight, you know how much of a jerk Angel is!” Spike retorted. “Peewee was just trying to be a hero by giving that bratty bunny the punishment he deserves! If anything, he deserves a reward for having such a big heart!”

“Yeah, you tell her, Spike!” Peewee chimed in, his heart bloating from the rush of ego boost.

Twilight responded by pressing a hoof tightly against her forehead and taking several deep breaths in an attempt to stop her inner Rapidash from breaking free and burning the place to smithereens. “Okay…I can appreciate you wanting to support your pet, but you’re clearly not being the best influence on him. I’m sorry, Spike, but you leave me no choice here.” With that, she started to light up her horn.

“Whoa whoa, what are you doing?!” Spike cried out.

“I’m going to cast a spell on Peewee to make him more obedient,” Twilight said, her horn aimed squarely at the stunned phoenix, whose beak was now agape in shock.

So much for that last thought…

“What?! No, you can’t do that!” Spike shouted as he sprang to action and clasped his claws around Twilight’s glowing horn.

“Spike, let go!” Twilight snapped, her magic straining to move Spike’s claws while still charging up her original spell, something that was greatly discouraged by her magic kindergarten teachers (apparently claws around the horn was a more common occurrence than one would suspect).

“No!” Spike screamed, wrapping his legs around Twilight’s front leg in a desperate attempt to avoid being tossed aside. “I won’t let you mess with Peewee’s mind!”

“It’s–for–his–own–GAH!” Without warning, Twilight’s magic went off with a bright flash that sent Spike flying. The last thing he thought before passing out was, Getting slammed into a wall shouldn’t hurt this much with spines…

----------

The first thing Twilight noticed when she woke up was that her horn ached like crazy. Ugh, that’s the last time I try to cast two spells at once…

The second thing she noticed was that the basement was a complete disaster zone. Furniture and equipment were strewn everywhere, and the floor was covered in papers she didn’t remember having out. Hmm, I guess a messed up lab area just wouldn’t be complete without random papers scattered about…

The third thing she noticed was Spike’s body lying face down on the floor. With a gasp, she galloped over to him and lifted his limp body with her hooves, shaking it gently yet frantically. “Spike?! Spike, are you okay?! I’m so sorry, Spike! Please say something!”

“Spike?” she heard him mutter. “What are you talking about? I’m Peewee!”

“Peewee? What are you…” Twilight froze as realization sunk in. Oh no…it’s come to this, hasn’t it?

Suddenly, the lab became filled with frantic chirping. Twilight turned and saw Peewee’s body flipping and flapping out, with the magical cage nowhere to be found. Must have disintegrated from the magic burst or something…

“Hey, how is someone else talking with my voice when…” Spike’s voice trailed away as his eyes opened and saw Peewee’s body across the basement. “Oh, it’s coming from my body! That explains everything! Wait…then what body…” With a shock, he noticed the claws at the ends of his arms and came to a stunning realization:

“WHOA I’M IN SPIKE’S BODY SO HE MUST BE IN MINE I DIDN’T KNOW MAGIC COULD DO THAT THIS IS SO AWESOME!”

Twilight sunk her head in resignation. Yep…just like my magic kindergarten teachers warned me…I really need to remember things better…

End of Part 1