• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 4,265 Views, 43 Comments

A Dash Of Life. - Unarmed Pony



I get the shock of my life when my favourite rainbow comes to town

  • ...
7
 43
 4,265

Chapter three: The Weekend

I woke up with a heavy weight on my chest. I began to slowly open my eyes to see what it was. Rainbow Dash was laying on top of me. She had her head resting on my chest with her tongue drooled out over her lips. Her entire body length was on top of me. You wouldn't believe how heavy she was. I could hardly breathe with her massive weight bearing on my chest and stomach. I needed to get her off of me. Since it was a weekend, I decided to let her wake up on her own. I slid her off of my chest slowly. One bit at a time. Then I slid the rest of her off my stomach. I stood up from the bed and looked down at her. Believe it or not, ponies can curl up in a rather small ball compared to their normal height. She was about waist height when standing on her four legs. Maybe a bit smaller. I noticed her move a little. She was shivering slightly. I realised I had slept with the window open. I took the blanket and pulled it over her. With that problem solved, I needed to solve another. I stunk. I had slept in my clothes for 2 days and hadn't changed either. Time for a shower. I quickly wrote down a note for Rainbow in-case she woke up when I was gone and headed to the bathroom for a shower. Just as I was about to walk in to the bathroom, my idiot of an older brother tugged my shirt back, throwing me to the ground, and ran in.

"Too late!" He shouted from the other side of the door.

I whispered multiple curses at him as I headed back to my room. I walked in to find Rainbow awake. I guessed the sound of my back slamming against the floor woke her.

"What was that?"

"My stupid brother being nasty. Again."

"Bring him here. I'll show him a thing or two." She jumped up on her hind legs and started punching the air in front of her.

"No can do Dash. No one can see you."

Rainbow landed back on her front hooves. She looked at me with a sideways expression."Why not?"

I didn't have an answer. I had to make something up. "Because..... Well, you know what those guys did to you in school?"

She pulled her hoof over to her bandaged wing "Can't forget quite yet."

"Well, what if other people want to do that to you?"

"I doubt others will be so mean."

"Maybe not, but you're not from this world. They might call the police and you'll be taken somewhere for scientific examination."

"Your world doesn't sound like a nice one."

"Well, that's life here. Nothing is good unless your rich. Even then, people just use you for your money."

"Wow. My world is so much nicer. Sure, there are stuck up snobs like Prince Blueblood. But we don't get ponies like the people you have here."

"Well I have to deal with it and so will you for the duration you're here. I'm afraid we don't have a choice."

"You should come and live in Ponyville with me and my friends."

"I might just do that. Giving that my parents don't care about me and my brother uses me as his stress relieving punching bag."

Just then, an explosion of white light blinded me. I heard lots of wind and sparks. This reminded me of something. Another explosion of light and then it stopped. My eyes adjusted to the darker light. I went to lean up but quickly found myself pinned down. I heard several faint voices. Once the ringing in my ears had stopped, I could hear what they were saying. And I recognised the voices to.

"Rainbow, we were so worried." Pinkie Pie said in her usual fast way.

"I'm so sorry about the spell. Next time we'll just pay for tickets." Twilight was too busy apologising to notice me.

Rarity wasn't. "Applejack! That is no way to treat a foreign species. Get off of him at once!"

"Guys, Calm down. I'm fine. He took care of me." Rainbow pointed to me.

Applejack was the first to notice the cuts and the bandage. "Looks more like he beat ya!"

"No, I-" I tried to explain but was quickly met with a hoof stuffed in my mouth that stopped me from proceeding

"Shut up!" Applejack shouted

"Applejack, let him go." Twilight said.

"But-"

Rainbow interrupted. "Let him go."

Applejack proceeded to stand up. Twilight picked me up with her magic and put me on the bed so I was sitting.

Just then, the last thing I wanted to happen, happened.

"NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN."

All the heads darted to face me. "How is he talking without moving his mouth?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Oh. That's my phone." I pulled out my blackberry to check who it was. It was Neeky. "Sorry, this will only take a minute."

I answered the phone. "Hey Neeky."

"Hey, How's Rainbow Dash doing?"

"She's doing fine. The rest of them aren't."

"Rest of them?"

"They're all here."

"I'll be there in a minute."

"Please hurry."

I hung up and turned to face the five ponies. Wait. Five? Shouldn't there be six? I counted them all in my head.

"Where's Fluttershy?" I asked. They all looked around and found that Fluttershy wasn't there. I knew where she was. It's obvious she would be hiding. I checked behind my TV and sure enough, there's Fluttershy with her hooves covering her head. "Found her."

They all came to me and looked where I was looking.

Twilight spoke first. "Fluttershy, what are you doing behind there?"

"H-h-h-hiding."

I did my best to console the terrified pagasus. "It's ok Fluttershy, I wont hurt you. Rainbow Dash can vouch for me there."

"Yeah. He took me in when I was flying around frighte- I mean practising my tricks!" She looked around to see if anyone had caught her out.

For a brief moment, she looked up. She peered around at the ponies looking at her. Then she saw me. She jumped up at me from behind the television and tackled me to the floor.

"A human! I know about you! Are we on earth? How did Twilight's spell fail that badly?"

Twilight gave Fluttershy a 'you'll pay for that later' look.

"Everyone be quiet a second." I trained my ears to a noise. Footsteps. The noise had woken my dad "Oh no, it's my dad! Everyone out the window!"

I opened the window for the ponies to crawl out of. Just as I was closing the window, I heard the door handle turn. I quickly shut the window and turned around. As I saw who it was, I let out a breath that I hadn't realised I was holding. "Oh hey Neeky."

"Hey. Where are they?"

"Right now, on the roof 'cause I thought you were dad."

"Hahahaha. Let them in."

I opened the window and beckoned for them to come back in. As the each crawled in, I counted them to be sure they were all there. Six ponies. Perfect.

"Everypony, I would like you to meet Neeky."

They all muttered their greetings. Except for Twilight. She was busy mumbling different scientific equations and telling herself that this wasn't possible.

"Twilight? Hello?" I waved my hand in front of the unicorn. She responded by jumping back. A few seconds later, she realised it wasn't a hoof and started to look around at it.

"What are you doing?"

"That hoof.... What is it?"

"That can wait. Right now, we need to get everyone back to Ponyville." Rainbow Dash said. Then she pointed at me. "And he's coming with us."

"Can I come?" Neeky said with excitement.

Twilight was still in a trance with my hand. "Yeah... Sure...."

"Ok then, let's go."

"Wait, I need a shower first. And a few changes of clothing." I hurried off to the shower. Just as my brother was walking out of it. I slipped past him, closed and locked the door, and got a shower.