• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 1,124 Views, 25 Comments

Applebloom Gets Her Mark - Derpyx0



Applebloom gets her cutie mark.

  • ...
1
 25
 1,124

I Want It and I Want It Now: Applebloom's Story Part 2

Applebloom ran quickly to school in the morning. She wanted the day to be over ASAP so she could ask Ms. Cheerilee about after school clubs. The day dragged on and on, it seemed as if a six hour school day was six weeks long. Finally, the day ended. When the bell rang, everypony but Applebloom raced out of the classroom. "Applebloom? Would you like something?" Ms. Cheerilee questioned.

"Yes Ms. Cheerilee. I was wondering, what types of clubs do we have here at Ponyville Elementary?" Applebloom replied.

"Well, I know I have a list in here somewhere......" Ms. Cheerilee shuffled through her desk, searching for the list of clubs. "Ah! Here it is! List of After School Clubs." She handed the paper to Applebloom.

Applebloom ran out of the classroom with a quick 'thank you' to Ms. Cheerilee. When she got home, she unrolled the paper and looked at the list of clubs.

List of After School Clubs:
Knitting Club
Leadership
Fashion Club
Stay Green
Art Club
Book Club
Hooves for Hope

"Wow," Applebloom mumbled to herself, "that is a long list of clubs. Applejack! I have a question for you!" Applejack trotted into the room.

"Yes Applebloom?" she asked, "What is it?" She looked over her sister's shoulder and saw the list of clubs.

"I'm thinking of joining Hooves for Hope, Book Club, or Stay Green.

"Hmm, what about...... Art Club?" Applejack suggested.

"Why would you suggest that?" Applebloom questioned.

"Well, it's kind of like construction 'cause you're being all creative. Plus, when you do build stuff, you've gotta have a plan, and this would help you learn how to draw one!"

"Well, when you put it that way, I guess I could try art club." Applebloom nodded, "Yes, I'll try art!" she exclaimed with confidence.

"Alright, you can sign up tomorrow you little rascal, now go and get ready for bed." Applejack laughed. Applebloom nodded and trotted upstairs. She had always been a talented artist, and mom would be proud. She always wanted Applebloom to be an artist. That was why nopony brought up Applebloom's talent. They didn't want her to miss her parents even more. That night, Applejack started remembering all the times Applebloom had almost figured out her talent. One time, she and her friends entered a talent show. If Applebloom had painted the set pieces instead of making up the dance moves, she would have gotten her mark for sure! But she and her friends were ALWAYS oblivious to their talents, even when their talents were right in front of them. Applejack sighed, if only mom and pa were here to see how much Applebloom had grown into a fine little filly. Sometime later, Applejack fell asleep.