• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 2,747 Views, 108 Comments

A Second Too Late - Thunder Seethe



HiE and possible PiE (human in equestria, pony in earth.)

  • ...
5
 108
 2,747

Loyalty

A Second Too Late

Thunder Seethe

Special Thanks: AppleMLP < Editor

Follow me at my: Page


Ch. 20

Loyalty


Mask, what are you doing! I didn't ask for this!

Oh shut up. You know you like this, you've done similar things on earth.

I've been trying to stray away from such abominable things!

You'll see... remember what I've told you back at the forest, during your training?

'Trust you, you're to be trusted, and I'm to be loyal to you.'

Yes. Remember, this is for Equestria's own good. I may be sick, that I am, I agree that maybe having two good friends be forced to fight to the death was pretty ludicrous of me. It is important that I know if you're going to remain loyal to me.

Yes master.

Good, son.

"Spades, line up." Mask said to the shadows, at least he has come up with a descent name for them. They stood in line, and waited for orders.

The spades were on all fours, their hind legs small, and their forelegs almost twice as large. They stood much like a werewolves shadow. When they move, they move swiftly, and they look like just a blur. They are unable to go in the light, and if they do, they burn and perish.

"Bring me the dead pony." two spades voluntarily turned into a blur, and retrieved the dead cyan pony.

"You two, guard the entrance. You three, guard the tunnels, and the rest of you, follow me." He started walking down the halls as he passed ancient torture rooms which contained chains, a few tables with arm locks, and multiple saws and knives. He continued down the hall and met with a large iron door.

"Wait here." He commanded. The spades made no sound to the sudden command. They stopped, turned around facing away from the door and took positions.

A crimson aura formed around Rainbow Dash, and carried her into the vacant room.


"Ugh... my head..." My head has never hurt so bad before. I mean, I've crashed a bunch of times in the forest, in Sweet Apple Acres, and I hate to admit it, but my own house... Ugh... wait...

I opened my eyes slightly just to get a feel on whats around me. There's nothing in this room... just rock walls, and some torches to light up the area.

"Good, you're finally awake." I turned my head swiftly to the familiar voice to find an alicorn... wait...

I remember now... Octavia... forced to kill me. I died. Why am I alive? She bashed my head in! This doesn't make sense... I can't ask him that, what if he tried to erase my memory but failed... best not say anything or react. Dash, time to put on the clueless act.

"Ugh... what happened?"

"Oh, so you're finally awake. You see, you've been flying around and just so happened to crash I guess. So I decided to shelter you since well... it didn't seem you'll be getting out of it for a while." Guess he did try to erase my memory.

"Oh, well... thanks I guess. That should explain my headache so uh... I guess I'll get going now." I started to walk towards the door.

"Nope, not yet. I have a few questions to ask of you." Oh my gosh...

"Um... sure?" Common smile, don't you fail me now!

"Firstly, what do you remember? You know... you hit your head pretty hard and all, so it's important to know if you aren't suffering from amnesia."

"Well..." Think! Think! "Nothing really..." Smooth move Dash...

"You don't remember me? Well... come, let me show you what we've done over a few months." He's totally taking advantage of me...

He led me through the cells Octavia, Storm and I were in. I tried to not let it faze me, but well... after what happened, it's kinda tied in with my life.

He then led me to the arena. The blood and dead bodies were emptied, and replaced with tables. They all had some paper on it. I can't tell what it is from here, but he's leading me nearby, maybe I could catch a glimpse later.

"Alright... I've longed this day."

"What is this day? And, I haven't gotten your name, or maybe I have, but well..." I touched my head to point out that it is supposedly the reason why I'm not able to remember anything.

"Oh, right. Name's Masquerade, but you've always called me Mask. As for this day, this is the day where you help me conquer Equestria." Oh... my gosh.

"Oh! Right, I uh, so what happens now?"

"We go through the planning."

This isn't good... I can't help with this, but then again... if I refuse, I'll probably end up dead again. In fact, I don't even know why I'm still here! I remember Octavia - I don't need to tell myself this. I know it already. Is there really no solution to this problem?
I guess... I can play along. I guess I have to pray to Celestia that none of my friends see me in this mess.

Must play along. I can warn my friends about this later, besides, now I can figure out the planning!

"Everything alright Dashie?" He did not just call me Dashie. NO! Play it cool, anger later.

"Yea, everything is just fine. So uh, what's the plans?"

"Well, you're going to follow me around and just watch. I got the plans set up, but you're not leaving my side." So much for looking at the plans.

A/N: I apologize for such an abrupt/random ending, but my computer is glitching out whenever I go on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox, so I had to finish what I could on my phone... it was painful. So painful, that I decided to post this anyway. Sorry about that ending.