• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 2,747 Views, 108 Comments

A Second Too Late - Thunder Seethe



HiE and possible PiE (human in equestria, pony in earth.)

  • ...
5
 108
 2,747

Now What?

Shayne's POV

"Ugh... My arm... Wait where am I?" Well now ain't this great! I have a test today and I'm in a hostpital? "sigh" What happened yesterday?... OH CRAP THE BUILDING! Wait. This still doesn't explain how I'm alive, wheres Sean? I turned to my left to see him lying down on another hostpital bed with ashes on his shirt, well it looked like a shirt. It had many holes and gaps in it, it seemed torn. His face was blackened to what I assumed was caused by smoke. He risked his life, to save me? I really owe him my life now don't I... How can I repay him for what he's done, but what about everyone else in the building? Oh god... I don't even feel like thinking about it. Now why didn't I do anything to save anyone? Why was I the weak one in this! Just then my head eased its way to my hurting shoulder... Right... forgot about that pipe that almost took my head off. Still, I could've saved someone! It's not like my life is worth much, at least now that my college is ruined.. wait, I heard something else before, what was it... IT WAS A GUNSHOT! I remember it comming from tech lab... or was it the chemistry lab... doesn't matter... almost everyone is dead because I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it. Instead of just lying down moping about my arm, I could've just gotten up and done something about it! Who cares if I die! I'm worthless! I have no future and right now I shouldn't even exist!

"mmmm...." Sean's waking up.

"Sean, why are you here? And if you're injured why aren't you in those blue hostpital robes?" No response... maybe he's still sleeping, and just shifted a little.

I couldn't help myself but think of all the people in my class, and the teachers, and everyone... All of those young lives gone, so why have I been chosen to live? Why wasn't it someone else? God knows whats going to happen to me next...

"Shayne.... You okay man?"

"Yea I'm fine but what about you? You don't look so hot either..."

"Well... good to know you're fine... how's the others?"

"Others? Didn't everyone die? And why am I here? I thought you left long ago before the building decided to go BOOM?" I didn't want to mention the gunshots. It probably didn't matter, I don't think anyone could've survived... others? Did he? No... he's not that stupid...

"Yes others... I saved 16 people not including you... are they ok?" I had no idea how crazy that guy is! I wanted to get up to give him a big bear hug, but my arms and legs were restricting me to do so.

"You're really stupid you know that Sean?" he let out a small chuckle before he fell asleep again.

I guess I may as well do the same I closed my eyes and prepared for a long slumber... Shayne...

"WHAT THE HELL!? Am I going insane? Sean is that you?" I opened my eyes as wide as I could and turned toward Sean... but everything was dark. "This must be a dream! I'll just wake up eventually..... just a dream..."

Not really Shayne, what you're hearing is complete reality.
Why did this voice sound more... whatever. "What do you want? Why am I here and not on Earth?" Well I can't move so what am I supposed to do? "sigh"

Its not important, you say you have no life here anymore? No purpose?

"Well yes. Its only true. Are you trying to make me feel worst?"

Thats not intended but you can see it how you want. I'm trying to help you out. You'll need to keep a secret though.
You Can't tell anyone, not your family, friends, or even your closest 'Sean'.Can I trust you with such a demanding request?

"If it means getting out of this horrible life then sure. So far it seems as if I've only been a burden to those around me. Burdening others is what I promised to myself when I was just 8 not to ever do." Ok that last part was a lie, but I made that promise when I was 18 because thats when I really had been pissed off at myself. I honestly dont know why people want me around. I'm too poor to get anything done for others, so they keep giving to me and I can't give back. I can't save others when they are in need, so my life is basically worthless... that is true in my eyes. I have nobody. If this 'thing' is in my head, doesn't it know that my parents died when I was 12?
"Wait, aren't you in my head?"

No only from another dimension.

"Well..." I started to tear up."My parents are actually dead and I have only one friend 'Sean'. I have no life there... I dont know why I'm being kept alive. I don't even know how I have been able to stay alive! All this time everything that has happened to me has been fortunate events. I would always come across nice people and they'll help me out. Of course they'll never stick around but still. How is this all happening! My whole life has been a burden on others so I can survive!"

I don't think its more than just random events, do you believe in other universes? I think your talents could become very useful in this dimension.

This was way to much to soak in. So apparently I'm talking to something from another dimension, I've found more reasons to hate myself, I'm not dreaming this... am I? "OUCH" I pinched myself to confirm this was reality... yea I'm not dreaming.

Well, what do you want to do?

"Uh... I don't want to abandon my friend Sean. Doesn't this feel at the slightest a bit... I don't know... cruel?"

Actually, it does feel wrong... but it is your choice whether or not you want to come or not. I can give you time to think about it though. This conversation can't last much longer. I'm afraid its wearing off.

"Whats wearing off? Whatever you're using to contact me? LIke.... batteries or something?" I am really confused, but now I'm allowed to leave my world for a new one... but what promises do I have at a new world? I don't want to burden others especially if I'm technically going to be the 'guest'. Thats the last thing I would want to do.

"Why do you need me? How can I at all benefit others when I haven't for my whole life?"

You don't need to benefit us. This is for you.

"Well... if things don't work out the way it's planned... can I come back here?" I hope nobody will miss me, oh wait... I only know Sean... What do I have to lose?

Yes, you can come back anytime, just talk to my most faithful student Twilight Sparkle.

Thats a weird name... Twilight Sparkle... haha actually kinda funny, well it is a different dimension and all... wait whats whatever is talking to me's name? "Uhh before you do whatever it is you do to transfer me, whats your name?"

Oh excuse me, I must have forgotten to properly introduce myself. I am Princess Celestia.

I WAS TALKING TO A PRINCESS LIKE THIS THE WHOLE TIME!? Oh dear lord have mercy on me! I've been nothing but rude and denying this whole time. I have to apologize. "I'm so sorry Princess."

For what?

"For being so rude."

Its quite fine. So would you like me to transfer you now?

"It would be a pleasure." Just as I said that a bright light appeared in the middle of the darkness and suddenly nothing.

Sean's POV

"Ugh..." In the hostpital... At least Shayne and a few other people 'should' be just fine. "Shayne, how's it goi-...." I was in utter shock. Shayne disapeared and it seemed like the bed was empty this whole time. The bed was already done, and the sheets were washed and cleaned. "NURSE! DOC! ANYONE!" I resorted to pressing the emergency button that was about 4 inches away from my hand to make an alarming sound. Sounded like a siren from an ambulance or something.

"Nurse Judy is here, whats the problem at hand?"

"Just look over there! Shayne's missing!"

"What?! Hold on I need to report this to the police ASAP!" And with that, she ran out of the room to call the police or something I presume. Moments later some security came in and asked me a few questions before some police came in. They investigated and said, It's like there wasn't anyone here, if it weren't for the name plate on the side saying 'Shayne Antonio' they would've thought it was just the wrong room, or a possible prank. This is just WAY to much...

Shayne, where are you! Don't be stupid. Just come back.