• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 2,021 Views, 60 Comments

The Long Lost Rainbow - Ribe_FireRain



The Rainbow family has thousands of family members in its history, but Rainbow Dash is going to find out something she never even knew, something her parents never told her. She had a brother. Looks like she isn't a lone child, after all.

  • ...
4
 60
 2,021

Getting To Know Each Other

Rainbow Strike had been living with Rainbow Dash for about a week now, despite his attitude at times, she knew what had happened to him and understood with great reason that he had a right to be like that. Normally, he would be sat downstairs on the couch while Rainbow Dash was out, leaving him on his own. Her house was actually kind of pretty and more cozy than he expected, and it certainly helped him sleep through the night, including during storms and bad weather conditions. The best part however was that his wing had fully healed and he was able to fly in the skies once more.

During some point of day, him and Rainbow Dash went into the back of the palace and shew off their flying skills and stunts they had learned through the years since their bodies adapted well enough in order for them to use their wings. And Rainbow Strike, being an
ex-criminal, was substantially a better and faster flyer than Rainbow Dash. She didn't like knowing she was slower, and it did annoy her a bit, but at the same time amazed her. But the most interesting part of the day is when they shown each other what their cutie marks were for, and as usual, Rainbow Dash was first to show off.

She leaped into the air at a tremendous speed and when she reached an altitude to where she was nothing but a cyan dot in the sights of Rainbow Strike, she dove downwards, picking up speed faster and faster. She came more visibly into view as she was nearing the palace, and a cone of faint rainbow surrounded her body in the shape of an arrow, and he could clearly see her skin around her face was being pulled back and heated from the friction as she still picked up a very very high speed rate, and then 'BOOM!'.

A circle of rainbows bright enough to burn your eyes blasted from behind her, shooting her like she was an arrow in a crossbow, making her speed become insanely fast, faster than Strike could go if he was to do that stunt, which he could of, and as Rainbow Dash flew faster, a thick trail of rainbows followed behind her, emitting from her tail and mane as she flew onward.
Minutes after flying in the sky, Rainbow Dash touched down on the edge of the platform of the cloud and skidded towards Rainbow Strike as she halted to a stop.

'Wow, Sis. That was impressive.' Strike commented at his sister's performance with a smile spread on his face.

'Yeah, I'm pretty awesome! Lets see you try and beat that, Strike!' She smirked gleefully at Strike with a challenging look, to which he did back.

'Lets see if that can top this!' Strike flapped his wings and shot off the cloudy surface with a sound of electricity passing through his wings, creating a large whisp of wind that shot through Rainbow's mane as she looked up at her airborne brother who was no higher than she was in seconds. He looked at her from above to see her staring right back and he shouted. 'Alright, Rainbow! Get ready for this!'

He jolted left and right and down, blasting in sharp turns that left a trail of rainbow coloured lightning behind in his wake. When he was done sky patterning, he finished it and when he flew back far enough, he admired his work. It was a lighting bolt created fully out of rainbow lightning, making Strike smile at his work as he yelled once more to his younger sister. 'Now for the finale!'
He blasted his way downwards, aiming his left leg down as he kept the other one up, picking up speed the harder and faster he flapped his wings, along with the adrenaline that kept him going. As soon as Rainbow Strike got fast enough, like Rainbow Dash, a dim light of rainbows began to fire from his leg and body like dancing fire and eventually, it sparked and grew brighter, and when his speed was great enough, he was too, blasted at an insane speed, creating behind him a giant rainbow coloured lighting strike that made Dash cover her eyes with a hoof as the bright light's radius grew bigger and spread further around Cloudsdale to a point where it would be impossible for everypony to not see it.

Loud electricity like sounds emitted from Strike's rainbow lightning strike as he flew away, creating a smaller version of it from his tail as he traveled back up towards Rainbow Dash's cloud palace with a big smirk on his face as he landed in front of her.

He was panting heavily as he looked at Rainbow, who's jaw was now dropped in amazement of what she had witnessed. She stuttered and hesitated as she tried to find her voice.

'That was....indescribably, undeniably, unquestionably AWESOME!' Rainbow chimed as she praised Strike like a fan girl asking for an autograph. Strike laughed to himself at Rainbow's facial expression as she cheered. He walked over to her and nuzzled her cheek. 'Ha. Thanks, Rainbow. You really are an awesome sister. You're 40% cooler than anyone else I've met in my lifetime, you know that?' Strike said as he kissed her cheek with a soft touch, causing Rainbow to blush a deep red.

'Awe. I love you, Strike. You're a better brother than I could of imagined, and I'm glad to be your sister.' She hugged him tightly, Strike hugging her back as he wrapped his hooves around her back and rubbed his cheek into her mane as Rainbow did the same.

Rainbow looked at him, gazing into his green eyes as she did so and she finally spoke. 'Strike, lets go upstairs, I want to show you something I think you'd like.' Rainbow Strike looked at her in confusion at what she had said and looked back at her beautiful magenta eyes. 'Like what?' He replied softly as he raised a brow slightly. 'You'll see. Race you there!'

Before Strike had the chance to respond, Rainbow had already blasted off up the stairs to her bedroom, Strike quickly following behind her, following the rainbow pattern to her location that was left from her tail. He followed it into her bedroom, which was far beyond what he imagined. It was bright blue like the rest of her house, along with a bed frame made customly by Rainbow Dash herself, and her bed sheets were a nice and soft sky blue with her cutie mark sown into it. All around her room were Wonderbolt pictures - some of her with the crew and some with Spitfire, including a signed picture of Spitfire that Rainbow had encased in a small glass case and displayed. And sat on the foot of the bed was Rainbow Dash. She was holding a case that appeared to be in the shape of an instrument, a guitar.

Strike hovered over to Dash and sat beside her quietly. 'Is this what you wanted to show me?' He asked softly, catching her attention. 'Yes. It's what I found in our parents house a while back. Since I found it, I tried to play it, but I'm not good with guitars, just as I'm not good at cooking.' She looked at the guitar case again and pushed it onto Strikes lap. 'Here.'

Strike looked at the case for a moment. It was black and slightly dusty, and on the casing, there was a name stitched into it in gold. It read 'Rainbolt.'. When he read the name, he instantly knew it was his Dad's. As he unzipped it, he gently folded the lid of the case back and saw the guitar. It was jet-black, just like the case and had a rainbow coloured top. It was an electric guitar. It had a note breaker still attached to it, along with the chords still intact and strongly tuned - Overall it was in very good condition and very greatly preserved.

Strike pulled it out of the case gently and held it in his hooves. He looked at it once again, and it fit him perfectly. 'Rainbow, you said you couldn't play? Watch this.'

He pulled the chords and created chimes in the form of a rock and roll song and played it loudly to create the rythm and began singing.

After he finished singing, he looked at Rainbow who looked back in awe at his skills at the guitar, with amazement in her eyes.

'Oh, my Celestia! How did you learn to play like that?' She clapped her hooves. Strike gave her a smile. 'I learnt how to play after I quit being a criminal and did something with my life. I created a band and earned myself some money that I ended up losing. Took me years to learn to get the songs just right.'

'Here, want me to show you?' Rainbow giggled and blushed a candy red as she looked at the instrument. Dash was joined on the bed with Strike and sat close to her, asking her to sit in front of him so he could show her how to get the chords just right, so she sat in front of him and placed her hooves gently on the chords and Strike placed his hooves on her hooves and moved them to the chords to teach her how to play the song he played.