• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 402 Views, 6 Comments

Its All in the Eyes - IamSquillium



A stallion with a peculiar talent meets a heart-broken mare and they fall madly in love and blahblahblah it's just a cheesy love story. Maybe some clop at the end if you guys want it.

  • ...
 6
 402

A Shining Memory

Author's Note:

The fecal matter is about to hit the industrial sized, spinning cooling device.

So I debated putting this chapter in for a long time, but I decided I had to do this for myself. It's time to move on, and this helped me deal with what happened. Please, for the love of whoever is up there, if you know me personally and you find this story do not bring this up to me and do not judge me for this. It's all in the past, but I don't need more reminders that it happened.

Also next chapter is going to suck too.

Have fun kiddos

The world around us came into sharper focus, and a familiar schoolhouse loomed into view. There were fillies running around in the playground outside, enjoying the sun. Classes had obviously let out recently, and a weekend greeted the children as they played. Sunset glanced over to me in confusion.

“Isn’t that…you?” she asked, gesturing toward a young filly standing toward the back of the playground talking to somepony. “He has the same mane and coat, but I don’t see his cutie mark.”

“No,” I responded. “That’s definitely me. I didn’t get my cutie mark for quite a while. We must be pretty far in the past. Where are you though?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I got out of school early for something. What day is it anyway?”

We both looked around, trying to find some clue as to what time period we had landed in. We were obviously meant to see something from my past, but I had no idea what that could be. The only possible thing that happened around this time was…

I froze. Panic seized me and tears threatened to escape as I realized why this day was so familiar. I had been burying it for so long, tucking it into the deepest recesses of my consciousness, that I had almost managed to forget about it. I shot a glance at Sunset who was still looking for clues about when and where we were. We had to leave; I couldn’t possibly let her see this day played out. There are secrets that were meant to fall away and become lost in time; secrets that I could never face; secrets that could completely destroy me, and I could not let even Sunset see those secrets. I ran to her, trying to distract her.

“I don’t know about you, but I can’t find anything here worth looking at. Maybe we should just move on and look for wherever you are today” I said, flinching when my voice raised a bit too much. I slung my forehoof over her, urging her away from the playground. Looking back I saw my past self talking to the filly that has haunted my dreams for years. There wasn’t much time.

“Dear, are you alright?” asked Sunset, concerned by my sudden strange behaviour. “You seem a bit off.”

“Oh I’m great. Just peachy. But maybe we should go find your past self. I don’t remember anything happening to me today, so it must be something that happened to you which is connecting us.”

“Are you sure you’re alright?” she asked, pulling my muzzle toward her, gently bringing my eyes to hers. I snapped mine shut, blocking her from my mind. I couldn’t let her see the lies, the fears. Her voice rang out in the darkness.

“Hey where are past you and that brown filly going?”

My eyes flew open and I followed her gaze, watching as I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. My past self was walking toward a small patch of woods nearby, followed closely by a brown unicorn with a camera.

“Oh nowhere, just walking home probably” I stated nervously. Sunset was unconvinced.

“Your house is the other way. I wonder what you’re doing.”

I reached for her, but she was already gone, following my past self as he slunk off towards the woods. I dashed after her, trying to divert her from the path, but she was already set on her mark. She was going to see what was going on and I could never stop her.

“Sunset, please” I begged, “do not follow them. There are some things you can never know, things that are better left in the past. If you honestly care about me you will not follow them!” She looked at me for a moment and I looked back, giving in to her stare. The connection flared and I felt her desire to go. She had to know, even if it killed her.

“You really don’t want me to see this do you?” she asked, maintaining our connection.

“No, I don’t. But you really want to see this, no matter what, don’t you? I countered.

She gave me an apologetic look. “I have to know Shining. You can feel it can’t you.”

I sighed. My mind was screaming at me to run, to draw her away from what was happening in the woods only a hundred yards away, but the rest of my being was crumbling under her stare, urging me to give in.

“Sunset, I will let you go, but promise me one thing. No matter what happens in that forest, know that I love you. Just remember that. This is all I’m asking. Just don’t forget that I love you! Can you promise me that?” The tears were openly streaming down my muzzle as I forced the words out.

Sunset approached me cautiously before wrapping me closely in a hug.

“Shining, I will always love you, no matter what. I promise I will never forget that” she whispered before pulling away.

“Let’s get this over with then,” I mumbled, desperately trying to choke back my tears as we began to walk toward the forest.

*#(LATER)#*

As the brown pony and I came into view, Sunset and I hesitated. She could tell by the way I was acting that this was not going to be good, and I was still afraid to relive this moment. The voice of my past self reached our ears, and I winced as they were spoken.

“So why’d ya bring me out here Kicker?” I asked in an innocent, high pitched voice, speaking the words with my past self. Sunset looked over at me in confusion as the tears once again poured out of my eyes, but she quickly looked back at the two fillies as Kicker jumped onto me, toppling me up against a tree with my forehooves and hind legs spread.

I remained looking at the ground, praying that this visit to the past would end.

With my past self forced against a tree, Kicker snatched up his camera and took aim between my hind legs. I realized what he was doing and struggled, but he used his magic to levitate some chains he had hidden nearby and secured me to the tree. The tears rolled down my muzzle as he invaded my most private areas, taking as many pictures as possible.

“So Shining. What do you say these get sent to everypony in Ponyville” he commented snidely after taking the pictures he wanted.

“What are you talking about Kick. Quit messing around and delete those pictures!” I answered, my voice raising as I began to panic. “This isn’t funny!”

“No, you’re right, it isn’t funny. That’s why I’m not laughing. If you want these pictures gone, you’re going to have to work for it.” He replied triumphantly.

It took me a while to catch on to what he was saying.

“Dude, we’ve talked about this. I…I just don’t swing that way alright.” I was in a full panic now, and it was showing as I tried to escape my bonds. “Look, I’ve got nothing against you, but we’re just friends and that’s all we can ever be.”

“Oh, we’ll be more than that if you want these pictures gone buddy.” Kicker stated, stepping a bit closer to me. “although I’m sure a certain mare would LOVE to see these.”

“YOU WOULDN’T DARE!” I screamed, my fury boiling to the surface. “LET ME OUT NOW KICKER!”

He just looked at me, considering.

“Nah.”

“Please Kicker, I’m begging you don’t go through with this. Just let me out now and we can forget this ever happened.” I was pleading now.

“Look, I’m the one in control now. Either you go through with this, or everypony in Ponyville gets a nice set of pictures in the mail tomorrow.” He said with a satisfied grin.

I stared at him for a long time, weighing my options. I knew I really only had one choice, but I was still intent on finding a way out of his trap.

“Well, last chance” Kicker said, his horn lighting up in an obvious threat. “If you don’t do this, I send the pictures to my house and you’ll never be able to stop me!”

With tears rolling down both of our muzzles, I whispered the answer along with past self, the answer which would haunt me until the day I died.

“Fine, but please…please just delete them”

Sunset, who had been standing the entire time frozen in place, broke out of her trance as the world around us blurred. Rushing over to where I had fallen to the ground in tears, she held me as the world around us turned to black. The last thing we saw was my past self, eyes closed and tears streaming down his muzzle as Kicker stood up on his hind legs, using the tree I was chained to as support, and reached down between his legs as he thrust toward me.

Sunset and I were in a world of darkness for a few moments before our surroundings materialized once more, this time on top of a cloud. We both gasped as we realized when and where we were.

“Well it looks like this stupid potion is targeting me!” I spat bitterly, trying once again to stop the tears that came rushing to me.

“What do you mean, this is my memory Shining” Sunset said, looking at me with confusion.

Then the realization hit us.

“You mean”

“No, it couldn’t have been”

We looked at each other bewildered.

“IT WAS YOU” we shouted simultaneously, just as a rainbow-maned unicorn levitated onto the cloud we were sitting on.