• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 2,995 Views, 111 Comments

The One They Call Phoenix - Always Shipper6



CJ is your average college student, untill something drastic happens.

  • ...
7
 111
 2,995

Chapter 5


CJ woke up the next morning. He moved around in the chair a bit to try and go back to sleep. After a few minutes of moving around, he just decided to give up and get up. He yawned, and looked around him. He could smell something in the air. It smelled of pancakes and eggs. He saw a doorway to the right of the chair, 'That's probably where I came in holding Fluttershy last night.' He continued to look around, he saw bird houses coming down from the ceiling, and stairs to his right. His curiosity was getting the best of him again, and he started to walk up the stairs. The way up was a bit small, but he could fit, barely. He slowly put his foot down on the step, felling the step bend inward slightly due to his weight. The second step CJ got careless. He just put his foot down, and a loud creak was heard from the bending of the wood under his right foot. He cussed at himself, and was getting ready to go to the third step when someone spoke up from the entrance behind him.

"CJ, a-are you a-awake?" said a soft, quiet voice coming from the kitchen.

"U-Um yea, I just woke up why?" He slowly started to go down the stairs. 'Well. so much for exploring. I guess I could ask her to show me around after breakfast. At least, I hope she has breakfast ready. I'm starving.'

"Oh, I was just g-going to tell you that breakfast was r-ready." She said, blushing a bit. "I-I'm sorry a-about last n-night, I-I didn't mean t-to bother y-you." She hid behind her mane, covering half of her face.

"It's ok Fluttershy, I really didn't mind at all, I was just glad to be there. Why were you so scared anyways?"

"W-Well, I-I'm s-scared of t-thunder." She hid her face behind her mane even more than before, this time almost covering her whole face out of embarrassment. CJ couldn't help but to D'AWWW a little on the inside.

"It's ok Fluttershy, everyone's scared of something."

"R-Really?"

"Yes, it's normal for someone to be scared of something. Like me, I used to be scared of wind. However, spiders are the things that scare me the most. I've seen two big spiders, wolf spiders I believe." Fluttershy was curious about what these Wolf Spiders were. She hasn't heard of anything like those here. The only spiders in Equestria are small, and usually steer away from any kind of civilization.

"W-Wolf spider? What are those?" CJ didn't want to recall the memory. Having a giant fist sized spider right beside your head isn't very good. He didn't even know if it was poisonous.

"Well, wolf spiders are about the size of my hand when its put up into a fist. See." CJ proceeds to clench his fist and show it to Fluttershy. "Their fuzzy, have eight eyes, and have really big fangs on them for their size. Well, from what I can remember anyways."

"W-wow, that must have been scary. I'm sorry."

"It's perfectly fine. Are there any spiders here." CJ started looking around, trying to find any cobwebs or spider nests anywhere he could see.

"N-no. The o-only spiders in Equestria d-don't really like big p-populations." CJ relaxed, knowing his fear of spiders wouldn't bother him anymore.

"Good, now I can sleep soundly at night. Anyways, change of subject. How about breakfast?" They heard a grumble come from CJ's stomach. He just laughed and scratched the back of his head. "Because I could really go for some food right now."

They began to walk into the kitchen, when they heard a knock on the front door.

"I'll go get it." Fluttershy said as she hovered out of the kitchen and into the living room. She opened the door and saw Twilight standing there.

"Oh, hello Twilight."

"Hello Fluttershy, tell me, is CJ here?"

"U-um y-yes. He's in the kitchen...why?"

"Oh, well, the Princess sent him a letter, but not by Spike. She sent it by a guard. However, he was wearing a black cloak, and said he was a guard. I told him to give me proof, but he just shoved the letter to me an disappeared."

"O-Oh, okay, let me go get him. You can sit over on the couch while I do." As Fluttershy went to get CJ, Twilight walked in and closed the door behind her with her magic. She walked over to the couch and sat down. Eventually she heard voices coming from the kitchen, then CJ and Fluttershy walked out.

"Oh CJ, just the stallion I was looking for." Twilight floated the letter over to CJ, "Princess Luna sent this letter to you this morning. The guard that brought it said it was for you and you alone."

"O-Okay." CJ grabbed the letter that was surrounded by the purple aura and slipped open the seal, and began to read.

Dear CJ,

CJ, been captured. Only letter I could get out by secret undercover guard. Base is by a cliff in Everfree Forest. They plan to sacrifice me to something. Please, help, before it's to late.

Signed, Princess Luna

"TWILIGHT!" CJ yelled as he finished reading the letter.

"Y-Yes CJ?" She was wondering why he had this sudden outburst.

"IS THERE A CLIFF ANYWHERE NEAR HERE?!" CJ asked, still yelling and freaking out.

"U-Um yea, it's just outside of the Princesse's old castle in the Everfree forest. It's a long walk, but I'll take you there if something has you going like this."

"GOOD! WE HAVE TO GO NOW!"

"Why?"

"LUNA'S BEEN CAPTURED!"

"What...how?"

"I DON'T KNOW BUT COME ON WE HAVE TO GO!"

"CJ, please calm down. I know Luna can handle herself. Just please. Calm down, and tell us the situation." CJ proceeded to tell them about the letter and that they needed to get going. Fluttershy and Twilight agreed. They ran off to get the others, but they said it would be a while.

"CJ, we know we gave you a map, but don't do anything stupid like I don't know....Leave without us while we're gone." Twilight said while staring down CJ.

"Okay boss, you got it." CJ saluted stupidly as they walked off. 'Okay, now. Let's get walking.'

CJ walked off into the slightly carved path in the Everfree Forest, not even waiting for the others. He had only one thought on his mind at the time. 'I MUST save Luna. No mater the cost.' CJ could feel a fire burning deep inside. With every step he took into the forest, it grew larger and larger, until he couldn't stop thinking about the horrible things he was going to do to the ponies, or things, that kidnapped her. He walked until he came to a river, and since the current was so slow he just waded right through it. Then after a few more minutes of walking through the Everfree Forest, he began to think about something. 'You know, the Everfree Forest is just like everything else back on Earth. The weather works by itself, and so do plants and other things. Animals are scared very easily, and usually try to survive. Just like back on Earth. Every day animals tried to do one thing in the wild, and that was survive.' He kept pondering on this as he walked through the forest, Eventually though, he just decided to stop. He didn't want to be distracted by anything. He needed to save Luna, that should be the only thing on his mind. He kept walking until he came to a ravine with what looked like an old wooden bridge leading to a castle.

"Great, if there's not spiders, there's heights. I'm not that scared of them, but when I am high up. One lone thought runs through my mind every time." CJ ignored what he was talking about, and began to slowly cross the bridge. The first plank of wood he put his foot on creaked from the weight. The rest of the way was just countless creaking and breaking boards. Eventually he got across and in front of the castle. He ignored the castle and looked for the cliff. He found it off in the distance, it was clearly noticeable from the front of the old run-down castle. It had smoke coming from it, and it looked like hundreds were there camping. He even saw something he wish he didn't see. He knew he would have to fight it to get to her, but to save Luna, it was worth it. He walked around the castle, and began to walk towards the cliff again. However, it was almost nigh. The sun was projecting a pink sky across the land, letting him know that it was soon going to be dark. Still, the forest covered the sky up mostly due to the thick trees and forest that he was walking through. He stopped to take a break, because he had been walking all day long.

"Whew, that..was...awful. I haven't walked that much in one day since...since...never." CJ let out a little chuckle. "Well I can't rest forever. I need to get there as fast as I can, so I'll take a few more minutes, then get back to walking."

"CJ! WHERE ARE YOU! WE TOLD YOU NOT TO LEAVE, AND WHAT DID YOU DO!" He heard a voice yell from the castle.

"OH SHIT! Gottarungottarungottarungottarungottarungottarun...gotthaidagottahidegottahidegottahide!" CJ looked around frantically until he saw it. Six shadows came around the castle towards him. 'OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT!' He panicked even more now, then he saw them running this way. He tried to gun up and run, but his legs were sore from walking. He got up, stumbled, and fell towards the ground. He started to get up and run, but it was to late. He got up, dusted himself off, and looked around. He was surrounded by six ponies. Only one of them was mad though.

"I. Thought. I. Told. You. To. Stay. THERE!" A very enraged Twilight yelled. One thought ran through CJ's mind.

'Oh great, how am I supposed to get out of this. Oh well, the worst she can do is give me a lecture right....right?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well I'm sorry this one took FOREVER to get out. However, I got it done fast, it's just short. I've been dealing with...problems...here lately..thankfully though school will be out soon, and it will be summer. That's when I'll have all the time I want to work on stories. All I know of right now is that this story may be slow until then. I hope you all don't mind. It's just that procrastination gets the best of me...sometimes I hate it...I know this chapter may not be that good, but next chapter may or may not be the first actual fight....soooo...see everyone next chapter XD