• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 2,995 Views, 111 Comments

The One They Call Phoenix - Always Shipper6



CJ is your average college student, untill something drastic happens.

  • ...
7
 111
 2,995

Chapter One

*Authors Note* Ok, this is the first thing I have EVER written like this, so it’s going to be pretty bad. However if you want to read on, go ahead, I mean, who’s stopping you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is a story about your average college student, who’s also in the marching band and plays the clarinet pretty well. He’s played the clarinet for 8-9 years, he’s lost track, and he always practices outside his house to the left. He has never liked to be around big groups of people, he’s always been the kind of person that secludes himself from society. From here, is where we start his story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started as a normal day for CJ; he opened his clarinet case and started putting it together.
*sigh* You know, being single my whole life sucks. I just wish that I could find one person to make me happy. Sadly, after all of the heart breaks and rejections, I’m just better off alone. I’m just saying fuck it, I’m done, I’m better off alone….Ok time to stop with the self pity, I have practicing to do.


So with that, CJ started practicing his clarinet, playing soft, slow melodies with such care and grace that it just made everything more...peaceful. CJ has always let music be a big part of his life, he never goes anywhere without his iPod, and you would always see him listening to it everywhere he went. You would often hear the wubs coming from his headphones. He just blasted it as loud as he could and just kept walking on, not giving a fuck. But when he finished practicing he put his clarinet up and decided to take a nap.


“I hope I don’t wake up with any bugs or anything on else on me. I hate being afraid of spiders. It’s just something about the eyes that freak me out, just having 8 instead of 2.


At this point CJ shivers at the thought of waking up with one on his face. But, even with that on his mind, he decides to take a nap. Clarinet lying on his chest, he stares at the sun that’s slowly began to set under the horizon.


“Think I should go inside…naaaa, I’ll be fine, seriously, what could possibly go wrong?”


I’m pretty sure we all know to NEVER say that, and CJ soon learns not to as well. Most people mean it as a rhetorical question, but the worlds just says “No, fuck you, were doing it anyways”


So as CJ lies there sound asleep, then a slight rumble sounds from somewhere. CJ wakes up wondering what that noise was.
“W-what’s going on? Is it an earthquake or just a tremor?”
At that point he saw the ground started to crack around him, leaving him helpless as he just sat there waiting for the ground to bury him alive.
“Well, I’ve lived a good life I guess, even though I’ve never had a girlfriend. Damn, I wish I did. I would treat her like the way she’s supposed to be treated, protect her when she’s in trouble, and hold her when she’s scared or just needs a shoulder to cry on.”
After he said that, the earth just seemed to open up underneath him, leaving him floating in the air. He looked down to see a slight, colorful ripple in the ground. Not like the fire and lava you would expect.
“Why the hell am I floating? Wait, IM FLOATING? Since when could I float? And about the time CJ said that he looked down, again.


“Oh shit” and as usual whenever someone says that after they look down, he just falls into the…rift? I guess that’s what you would call it.


When he fell through, all he noticed was a beautiful sunset and the greenest grass he’d ever seen coming towards his face.


“Oh fuck m-“about that time CJ’s face makes full contact with the ground. His body just flattened out like a plank sticking up in the air, and he was fully unconscious as his body hit the ground, CJ snoring away like he was asleep.



------------------------------




Meanwhile, a yellow Pegasus is chasing down Angel, her favorite pet, through the forest.


“Angel, w-wait up…please.”
Angel just kept hopping along through the forest. Eventually the yellow Pegasus caught up to Angel after she lost him for a bit. She had to fly to find him though.


At this point, not remembering what happened, CJ just slept. He thought it was all a dream. That is until he felt something small and warm on his stomach.


“What the? Why is there a white fur ball on my stomach? Oh well, I’m still tired, and have a splitting headache. Might as well go back to sleep and let the headache die off.”
As CJ dozed off again he thought “haha, little white fur ball if kinda fluffy” with this he was out like a light again. Little did he know that that little white fur ball was in fact Angel. As soon as CJ fell asleep the yellow Pegasus found Angel, and wondered what he was doing with that thing.


“Angel w-what are you s-sleeping on?”


Angel just woke up, rubbed his eyes and gave her the “Took you long enough” stare.


When Angel began to wake up, CJ heard….something…that seemed vaguely familiar? “Ohh well, I guess it’s time for me to wake up anyways.”


CJ began to stir from his resting spot and began rubbing his head. “Ow, that fall hurt like hell” He looked around and saw nothing but a forest which he was surrounded by and a little white rabbit giving him the “What the fuck are you” stare.


“Oh it’s a rabbit” CJ slowly starts to put his hand out, only to be bitten by the rabbit. Even though it didn’t hurt that much, he just winced at the pain as the little rabbit teeth actually managed to break the skin.
Off in the bushes a little “eep” was heard. CJ looked over and saw the bushes shake a bit.
“Um…hello? Anybody there?” still unknowing to him, Angel was still biting down but not as hard. Angel stopped biting his hand, hopped around, and gave him the “Ok, you’re weird” look. However, for some reason Angel liked this guy. There was just something about him, he gave off that aura that animals have a natural attraction to.



----Earlier---



Fluttershy was watching what was going on from the bushes. “W-what is that thing? And w-why is Angel near it?
At this point was when CJ reached his hand out and watched as Angel bit him.
“Oh no, Angel don’t do that” she said as she began to walk out of the bushes, but the thing looked over in her direction. She let out a little “eep” and hid back in the bushes. She heard the thing talk. She heard “Um…hello?” at this point she just sat there, trying to think what this thing, or being was.


As Angel became used to CJ, he found he had something weird with him. Angel pointed over to the black case embroidered in silver and the words *CJ* in gold.


“Oh, that? That’s just my clarinet”


Angel gave him the “Uhhh what’s that?” kind of look.


CJ let out a little snicker at that. “It’s an instrument, you use a little piece of wood called a reed” CJ proceeds to pull out a thin piece of wood, maybe about 2-3 inches long, and proceeds to put it in his mouth so he could get it wet (no…quit thinking I was gonna go there…pervs).


He pulls out the reed and says, “Usually the instrument plays a whole lot better when the reed is wet, it helps it vibrate better.” (If you people are still thinking the way I think you are, shame on you, even though I smirked at my own writing a little).


He begins to put his instrument together, and Angel is giving you this “what are you doing” look.


“Don’t worry, it’s not a weapon of mass destruction or anything like that, it’s practically harmless. It just makes music.”


Fluttershy, who was still in the bushes watching this creature, unsure if it was good or bad. Then she saw he started putting something together. “What’s that black thing he’s putting together? Oh no, it must be some kind of weapon, oh I hope Angel will be ok.”


As CJ finishes putting his clarinet together, he finally stands up and looks around.


“Wait a fucking minute, where am I? This is, different; I’ll figure it out after I play my clarinet a little. I don’t need to skip my early morning practice, even though I do skip it every now and then.” He smirked at that thought a little.
He started playing the normal warm up scales he does every morning. Then after that, he finally got serious. He decided to play something soft and warming due to all the animals around in the woods. He started with Lullaby, which was a soft, warming song that usually put people to sleep. So he started playing, hearing the soft, heartwarming tone come from the clarinet just made him feel at ease, no matter where he was or how sad he was. Playing his clarinet put him into a whole different world, one where he could relax and enjoy the sound that he was creating through his instrument. Once he finished the song, he felt something small hit the side of his leg. It seemed like the music made Angel fall asleep.


Fluttershy listened as he played that weird thing he held in his hands. “What is that, that wonderful sound. It’s…calming……making……..me…no! must stay awake, for Angel’s sake.”


After he got done, she looked and noticed that Angel was asleep. “Oh no, w-whatever am I going to do? Angels over there sleeping by that…that…that thing and it’s just standing there looking around.


CJ bent over and picked the rabbit up and started walking through the forest, clarinet case on his back (yes it had a backpack strap on it).


“This looks all too familiar, like I’ve seen it somewhere before. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll hit me like a freight train when I figure it out.”



Little did he know, it would, and his life would change forever. For the good, or for the bad I don’t know, we will have to wait and see.



CJ started to walk towards something that looked like a house in the middle of nowhere. It was a lot different than the usual houses he’s used to seeing, it seemed kind of, small.


“Now that’s an odd house” Then, he saw all the animals walking and playing around the house. “Oh wow, so many animals, I love animals!” At that point he stopped. Angel was awake by now and just chilling on my shoulder.


“Hey Angel, do you live here by any chance?” He was still weirded out by how familiar this all seemed to be.


Angel just shook his head, affirming CJ’s question “So, want me to let you off here?”


Angel just looked at him, put his little paw out, and you knew this gesture.


“Sweet! Bro Fist!” They Bumped knuckles and as Angel jumped down, he gave you a look that said “You know what kid, your cool in my book.” And whit that Angel started to hop away.


“Hey wait!”


Angel stopped and turned around. CJ was just standing there opening his mouth, then closing it again, like he was going to say something but couldn’t. The annoyed rabbit tapped his foot at this, getting CJ’s attention.
CJ was being his shy self now, he always was when it came to asking questions. He just sighed, and said in a quiet like voice “Um…think I could see the other animals?” The little rabbit just gave him the “Did you seriously just do that?” look. Then after a few minutes of just standing there CJ does his usual “What” voice. The little rabbit just starts rolling on the ground laughing. “What’s so funny?” But whatever it was, it got him laughing too. After the laughing fit they had, the rabbit led CJ over to where the rest of the animals were.


CJ decides to look at his watch, wondering if the time is the same here as it was where he was from. He knew he was somewhere different, he just didn’t know exactly where he was. “Wow, it’s getting pretty late, I guess I better find someplace to stay.”


CJ looked up at his watch, and all the animals gave him the “Deer in headlights” look. It kind of made him smirk a bit. However, that smirk didn’t last long, he eventually wondered why they all ran off from him. Angel looked back at him and gave him an “I got this” look.


Angel came back later with the animals, and they were scared of him that’s for sure. They were very cautious, even the bear was scared of him. That kind of startled him a bit seeing a grizzly walk around from behind a house like that was…odd.


Eventually all the animals were gathered in one area, just setting there, staring at him with fear in their eyes. He walks up to them, gets down on one knee, and says “It’s all right, I have absolutely nothing that can harm any of you.” As he finishes that sentence, all the animals slowly start to walk over to you. After maybe 10 minutes or so, the animals are all over you. Playing, wrestling, and just watching you, wondering what you were.


During this whole thing, Fluttershy was watching everything. “H-how did he get all of my animals to like him that quickly? T-the animals are never attached to anyone to that extent that fast.”


Fluttershys shy nature backed off for a minute and curiosity took over. She started moving out of the bush and out into the night sky, the moon was shining bright, and it almost illuminated everything around her.


CJ looked to his left, and his jaw hit the ground, literally. A seal came up and slapped him on the back, making him face plant the ground. As CJ got back up, he saw, for sure this time what walked in front of him.


“No way, t-this can’t be poss- how is thi- what is going on? I knew this place was different, but”


What he saw blew his mind, no not literally this time, mentally. He started analyzing what he saw. He saw a Pink Pegasus with a long pink mane that curled near the end. She also had 3 pink butterflies on her flank, and gorgeous sapphire blue eyes. All she did was stand there for a while, hiding behind her mane. That is, until she spoke.


“U-u-um….how did…I mean..” she squeaked and backed off a little, then regained her ground. She knew this needed to be asked to this strange creature. “How d-did y-you g-get all my animal friends t-to l-like you t-that quickly.


Then Fluttershy heard something fall, It happened to be that weird creature she was trying to talk to.


CJ just looked, and heard her talk, and understood what she said, and he hit the ground. “The fuck? Did that pony just…talk? OH GOD! I REMEMBER OHHHHHHHHHH SHIT! DAMMIT!” At that point he face-palmed and recognized his words from earlier, there it was, the freight train. It had hit him, HARD. He now realized where he was, he recognized the bunny, the name of it, the house, and especially the pony since she was his favorite (alongside Luna).


“U-um are y-you ok?”


CJ continued cussing himself some more for not realizing it any sooner, he felt like one of the three stooges. Fluttershy let out a little squeak as you stood up. When you heard it you stumbled a bit. Hearing it on the show was ungodly cute, but hearing it in real life. MOTHER OF GOD IS WAS SO DAMN ADORABLE. I almost couldn’t hold myself back from hugging her.


“Yea, I’m fine, now if you excuse me I must go see someone.”


After he stood up, he looked around. Everything was much, smaller, than everything else in his world. But of course they were two totally different worlds.
“Why am I so tall, everything around me has…shrunk? I mean 6’3 is average on Earth, but this. Damn.”


He knew exactly where to go. He headed into Ponyville, thankfully it was dark and no one was around. Or so he thought. In the matter of seconds he entered Ponyville, he saw a blur of rainbow colored hair fly through the air.


“Finally, someone I may be able to talk to, and someone who may be able to guide me to where I want to go.”


But when he tried to stop the blur, he got hit by it instead. It tried to say something, but it was slurred due to the speed. He yelled “OW WHAT THE FUCK! I THOUGHT YOUD JUST LAND AND THEN I COULD ASK YOU TO HELP ME OUT, BUT NO YOU HAD TO GO FUCKING HIT ME AND MAKE ME DROP MY CLARINET CASE!”


It wasn’t so much that he got hit, he was used to it from his sister who picked on him all the time. But when it came to his clarinet and his iPod, he would get pissed even if his sister went near them. He acted completely different than when he was calm. This is how he is about the things he loves. As long as you don’t mess with those few things he’s fine. But if you go near them, or cause them harm in any way. He’d go into a full on rage mode and not calm down for a while. Usually when he gets mad he calms down just like that, but not when it came to this stuff. He stayed pissed for a good while, at least until he got some sleep in.


Since yelling at the Pony made her run off, or made her go do something else, CJ decided to roam Ponyville until he found what he was looking for. But he found exactly what he was looking for, along with 2 other additions.


It was Rainbow Dash, and somepony who was purple, and was a unicorn. He knew that one to automatically be Twilight. The other one had an orange coat, and had a cowboy hat on and a very bad country accent. He figured that one was Applejack, but it was dark so he couldn’t tell, he just guessed.


Once he looked at his clarinet case beside him, he saw it had a dent in it, which enraged him more than last time. “OH GREAT, LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME CASE!” He picks up the case, showing a very slight dent in it. “NOW I HAVE TO FIX THIS SHIT!” He started walking towards them, yelling at them. Rainbow dash was the first to act. She flew through the air, landing on CJ. By the time he saw that he was lying on the ground, her holding his arms down. He couldn’t help but laugh a little at their feeble attempt. He was calmed down now, he couldn’t stay mad at these ponies. They were too damn cute. He decided to get Rainbow off of him by tickling her under her wing, she fell over. Which was a bad move on his part, and he would soon regret it. He didn’t want to fight these ponies, back on earth, those ponies and his clarinet were the only escapes from reality he had. He stood up away from the rest of them looking down at Rainbow. He began to reach down to help her up, but the he heard a pony call out. “DON’T YOU GO NEAR RD YOU MONSTER!” CJ stood back up straight and turned around. “Sorry, I was just trying to-OOF.” When he started to say that while turning around, he saw two orange legs flying up towards his chest, and he didn’t have time to react. The legs connected with his Solar Plexus, and he heard bones crack, break, and organs get punctured by his ribs. He coughed up blood, and simply said “ow” in a very weak tone before passing out.


Rainbow stood up from her laughing attack that CJ caused, Applejack ran over to her.


“RD you alright, he didn’t hurt cha none did he?


“No he just tickled me so I would get off him, I was trying to say sorry for earlier. I was kinda flying a bit too low and hit him. He started yelling as I flew off, I’d never seen anything like him before so I thought I’d grab Twilight and you to come help me find this…thing that I hit by accident.”


“So you mean ah attacked him for nothing?”


“WHAT! YOU ATTACKED HIM, COULD YOU NOT HEAR ME LAUGHING”


“Ah though you were cryin’”


“AJ…we’ve got to get you off the farm more”


“Sorry Rainbow I Didn’t mean to hurt him ya know, It’s just.”


“I know AJ, but there’s no need to apologize to me, apologize to the one that’s out cold on the ground bleeding from where you kicked him.”


Twilight walked up to AJ and began to talk. “Ok girls, as we know this…thing is dying, so the best chance we have is to get him to the hospital right away.”


Little did they know a very shy Pegasus was watching this all go down. “Oh my, I-I hope he’s okay. I-I better go see him tomorrow. W-Wait, I just had a wonderful idea. W-When I go see him tomorrow I’ll take everyone with me, that way when he wakes up, he can meet everyone.”


With this idea fresh on her mind, she flies off back to her house to tend to her pets before bed. Meanwhile, CJ was in his own consciousness, wondering what the hell just happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


* authors note* Well, that’s my first chapter, sorry if I switched from 1st person, to 2nd person, to 3rd person. I get carried away with my writing and usually switch POV’s. I wanted to write more. But I have to make up chapter 2 tomorrow while I’m at school. Sorry if I did switch POV’s, just put them in 3rd person. This is a story about CJ in Equestria, not you or I. But, who knows, that may change in my future stories.