• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 3,272 Views, 104 Comments

Taming the Storm - Wolfie 03



Storms can be both of the physical and mental kinds, both hazardist in their own ways. Rainbow Dash has dealt with the physical kinds, but she is unprepared for the other kind; luckily she has ponies who are willing to help.

  • ...
6
 104
 3,272

XI (SB/S... /FS)- Coming to terms

Mid March, 1005 A.D. (After Discord)

“You're sure that it was Rarity competing with you? Not some look-a-like or some kind of copy? Maybe another unicorn that looks exactly her?” Scootaloo questioned from her seat in the clubhouse with crossed hooves and thoughtful frown. She was facing the other two Crusaders who wore amused smirks as they recounted what happened at the Sisterhoof Social the day before.

Sweetie Belle smirked even wider as she shook her head. She sat between Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, even as she leaned towards the orange pegasus. She slumped tiredly, still thrilled about the day she spent with her sister but exhausted from all the things they did together.

“I'm sure, it was Rarity. She talked with Applejack the day before and they came up with the whole plan! It was pretty fun...” The light-gray filly smiled wistfully as she stared to the open side of the room, mind turning to what else she had learned while spending the day with Rarity.

(...And I learned something about these feelings of mine...But maybe it won’t come to that! Maybe it was… Because Scootaloo was in danger of getting sick… Oh, please let it be that simple...)

Scootaloo noticed this faraway gaze and leaned forward as she waved a hoof in front of the unicorn's face. Apple Bloom tilted her head as she also wondered what the unicorn filly was thinking of. Sweetie Belle blinked when she noticed this sudden curiosity and smiled at her friends.

“So it was actually Rarity and you guys spent the day doing girly stuff...” The orange filly stuck her tongue out briefly before smirking to the center filly who shook her head at the reaction.

“We didn't just do girly stuff, we played in mud and stuff too!” Sweetie Belle nudged the tomcolt filly before blushing and shifting in her seat. The others rolled their eyes at the defending of the prissy mare and chuckled briefly.

“Sure thin' Sweetie Belle; Ah haven't seen Applejack have so much fun before than when she was makin' those plans with Rarity.” The trio smirked at the news how how well the two vastly different mares seemed to get along at times and yet seemed to fight so much any other time.

“Well, I know you guys hung out yesterday, but did you want to do stuff with just the three of us?” The pegasus scuffed her hoof along the floor as she kept her gaze downward, unable to meet anyone else's eyes as they stared back curiously at the question. With a shared grin the other Crusaders nodded eagerly to the suggestion.

“What did ya have in mind Scoots?” Apple Bloom glanced at pegasus who sat up straighter and proudly smirked.

“Well, I've been able to save some bits from working at the newspaper so we can go and do stuff together; you guys wouldn’t have to worry about me not having any bits this time.”

“I'm glad for you Scootaloo, that's nice to hear. What did you want to do?” Sweetie Belle smiled warmly as the two friends focused on the third. Scootaloo rubbed a hoof on her chin in thought, unused to having the ability to go and do things that usually cost bits, and torn between the various options.

“Why don't we do some of everything?” At the two confused tilting heads, the pegasus smiled once again and explained further. “Like, we could try and play some of the arcade games again then go for a movie and stuff.”

“Oh!” The others shared mutual exclamations of understanding as they smiled once more and agreed to the proposed plan.

"That sounds like ah great idea Scootaloo! We should check with the movie place before we can go tah the arcade though; we don't know when the next showin' is afterall.” Apple Bloom hopped up happily as she looked to the pegasus who nodded in agreement. She was pleased to hear that Scootaloo could now afford to treat herself and smirked thoughtfully as she led the way outside.

The two others followed along with grins of their own, accepting this new plan readily and followed the earth pony down the ramp with a skip in their steps. Scootaloo couldn't hold back her pleased strut as she hopped onto her scooter to head home for the bits hidden there. Sweetie Belle watched the pegasus ride off before nodding once to the olive-yellow filly and heading out of the orchard as well. She walked in silence as she stared after the scooter rider only to find herself in a slight daze when Scootaloo pulled up in front of her.

“I forgot you were heading into town, did you want a ride Sweetie Belle?” The pegasus had one hoof against the ground to keep her upright as she stood in place facing the other filly. Her head was tilted as she stared at Sweetie Belle who stood with a goofy smile and light blush at seeing the pegasus waiting for her.

“Yes please!” Sweetie Belle jumped up to stand behind the driver and wrapped both hooves gently around the orange barrel. She was very tempted to take a deep breath of the pegasus’ scent but knew it would be noticed because of how close they were standing. Instead she settled for a gentle nuzzle masked as an attempt to get settled properly on the blue scooter.

“Ready?” Scootaloo smiled at the enthusiastic unicorn and waited for the nod that was more felt in her back than actually seen. Pushing off with the hoof that held them up, she used her wings to help them move onward as they traveled out of the farm. It was a difficult task since the gray-white unicorn held just below her wings and Scootaloo didn't want to knock into the filly as they raced down the dirt paths. This meant that the driving filly couldn’t spare a glance behind her as they traveled and merely leaned forward as she drove onwards.

Together, the two friends rapidly traveled into town as they left a trail of dust in their wake. Scootaloo made a quick stop for the unicorn to get her bits before heading to her own home. Once they arrived, she quickly hopped off and rushed inside leaving Sweetie Belle to wobble in place before getting off as well. Scootaloo dived under the bed to find her stash of bits and reemerged with a triumphant shout. Sweetie Belle followed sedately to stand in the doorway, a wide grin on her face at the pleased pegasus and her sack of bits.

“Ready to go?” The light-gray filly didn't bother to hide the happy smile as she watched her friend scoot out from under the bed. Green eyes widened slightly as Sweetie Belle realized she may have been staring too long and scanned the room instead. It looked more lived in now compared to when they first settled in; posters of the Wonderbolts and of Rainbow Dash (hoof drawn) hanging on every available inch and small trinkets she picked up over time resting on the shelves across from her unmade bed.

“Yep! We better get going, wouldn't want Apple Bloom to have to wait too long.” Scootaloo brushed past the other filly as they headed for the exit. As they walked back through the living room, Sweetie Belle found her sight drawn to the other bedroom door that was firmly shut and slightly dusty. With a small frown forming on her face at what it could mean, she turned to the pegasus with a soft gaze and question on her lips.

“Scootaloo, do you stay here by yourself?” The unicorn meekly followed the pegasus back onto the scooter as she continued to thoughtfully frown. Scootaloo wasn't expecting the question and paused for a moment before shaking her head as she waved a hoof.

“Yeah, Dash knows I can take care of myself. I told you guys I was fine; and now with a house to myself, there isn't much I need to worry about... Hold on tight!” The orange filly leaned forward on the handles and quickly drove forward with a mad grin. The sudden motion and brief warning caused Sweetie Belle to gasp as she wrapped her hooves around the barrel before her once again. With her head back into a purple mane and orange fur, the young unicorn mused on how much better the orphan was already since she got a new place to live.

(Guess my worrying days are over; Scootaloo can certainly take care of herself... Now if only my heart would stop going crazy anytime we're near one another...)


In wind buffered moments, the two riding fillies arrived before the latest building in Ponyville: Cinemare Theater. The building was two stories high and had a large projector reel on the front wall, the doorway being one of the empty spokes in the wheel. Sitting out front of this large gray sign was Apple Bloom who hopped up when she noticed the blue scooter heading her way.

“Hey guys! Ah didn't want tah head in without ya, but we better hurry! It's been gettin' fuller by the minute! Come on!” At the urgent tone of the earth pony, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle jumped off of the scooter and rushed towards the door. Apple Bloom had started to enter as she spoke and the young pegasus barely paused to rest her faithful ride against the wall before she rushed in after the others.

Once the final Crusader came inside, the trio stumbled forward as Scootaloo crashed into them as they had stopped at the sight that lay before them. From midst the ponypile they had inadvertently made the three friends stared at the grand lobby that had carpeted flooring and large ceilings which were painted black to hide it's actual height. The walls were a soothing dark blue fuzz with a concession stand at the front of the room while the ticket booth was at the far end, right next to the doors that led to the two theater screens.

The three friends rushed toward the dark brown podium where a teenager stood with a plastic grin, wings tucked in against yellow fur. The three fillies stepped up with large smiles as they glanced upward at the listing of movies showing.

“Hi, uh, what's Superfast and when's the next showin'?” Apple Bloom stared curiously up at the stallion who seemed to take a steadying breath before answering.

“Superfast is about a snail that ends up gaining super speed and the pony that takes him to the races to run against other ponies of the Equestriapolis 300. The next show starts in an hour, but it's been really popular so it fills up quickly.” The stallion watched the fillies who all put a hoof to their chin and sighed. “There is an arcade if you want to go play while you wait...” As the Crusaders' lit up in excitement, the ticket pony rolled his eyes before slapping on the plastic grin once more as the three friends left and another pony took their place.

“How about that Scootaloo? We get tah play games an' then watch a movie!” Apple Bloom smirked at the pegasus playfully as she raced ahead of the others. She was the first to enter the side room and paused in the doorway in awe along with her friends.

The walls changed from blue fuzz to black as the various neon lights faded into the darkness. The floor was crowded with the tall machines that beeped and flashed as they enticed young foals to go and test them out. Sounds suddenly rushed into focus as the different noises tried to override one another as other kids played on the different games.

“Wow!” The three friends stared on in amazement, Apple Bloom gained a competitive glint in her eye as she spotted a two player machine bearing a white field on its top.

“Ah don't know what it does, but that one looks pretty good. Whaddya say we give it ah try Scoots?” The earth pony smiled only for a moment more before the two friends rushed to the hockey board. They spent a moment reading the instructions on the side right next to a slot where the needed two bits would be placed in order to play.

“So we just gottah put in the bits and use these little circle paddles tah knock the disk? What disk?” Orange eyes turned from the machine before her and stared at the others who shrugged in reply.

“Maybe we have to put the bits in and it shows up?” Scootaloo tauntingly smirked at the olive-yellow filly and held a single bit in her hoof. “Unless you're worried I'd beat you too badly?”

Apple Bloom smirked back and reached for her own bit and inserting it into the machine which echoed the sound until it received the correct amount. With a soft hiss of escaping air, the field made the paddles float in place as a small red disk appeared from the sidelines. The two fillies grabbed a paddle each and began to battle one another furiously. Sweetie Belle watched from the side with a smile as she cheered, not really wanting to compete herself but was happy to see the others enjoying themselves.

“Yay! Go Scootaloo, watch out Apple Bloom is sending a fast one! Oooh, good one!” Sweetie stood on her hind legs to see the board better as the two knocked the disk back and forth. Scootaloo's wings buzzed from the encouragement and her smirk grew as she retaliated. She started to put more strength behind each strike as the disk whizzed back and forth.

“Hey! Why don't Ah get any encouragement?!” Apple Bloom took her eyes off the board for a second, teasingly glaring at the bystander only to look back with an annoyed frown as the disk scraped past her guard and a light beep sounded off.

“Ha ha! Because she knows who's going to win and doesn't want to cheer for the losing side!” Scootaloo stuck her tongue out teasingly briefly before crouching lower in front of the board. Her eyes were trained on little red disk that was shuffled back and forth by a strong earth pony hoof as Apple Bloom debated her next move.

After another five minutes of intense smacking and taunts the winner stood victorious, wings a buzz as she held both hooves over her head.

“YEAH! Woohoo! I won, take that Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo danced in place while waving her hooves around and shifting from side to side as she pumped her hooves with the motion. Apple Bloom rolled her eyes and nodded towards another set of games that had a screen showing foals riding scooters through different lands and using their surroundings as a means to stop the other racers.

“Ya were only lucky because ya had somepony tah cheer for ya and distract me while we were playin'. Why don't we try somethin' else instead?” The young farmer gave the unicorn a friendly glare as they strode over to the dual machines. Sweetie Belle gave her a sheepish grin before glancing towards the pegasus who strut confidently towards the racing game. Seeing the more athletic filly enjoying herself caused the young unicorn to blush as she followed behind.

“Well, maybe I could try to cheer for both of you...?” The pale-gray filly shrank in place as she realized that her cheers were biased and that Apple Bloom noticed. She started to worry that the fluttering of her heart and extra warmth would be discovered before she got the chance to understand them herself.

Apple Bloom gave a satisfied nod and picked up her pace to sit into the overly large cushion seat and grab at the handles presented. Scootaloo took the other seat and glanced towards the bit slot with a frown.

“Geeze Apple Bloom, this thing costs five bits! Per player! Take all my money why don't you?” The pegasus huffed briefly before loading the needed payment in and starting to select her scooter. The other two Crusaders shared a worried frown before looking back at the orange filly.

“Scootaloo, if ya need bits we can-”

“Guys, I was just joking. Come on, we going to race or what?” Scootaloo smirked at how well the joke worked and rolled her eyes briefly before turning back to the game. Apple Bloom relaxed her stance and smiled as she also placed the needed bits into the machine. Once the rides were chosen and the map set to medium difficulty, the fillies were drawn into the race much like their game of air hockey, taunting each other while they played.

The gray-white filly sat in between the two seats and tried to encourage both equally. She couldn't help but feel as though she was the one doing well as Scootaloo raced, proud when the pegasus remained in first place for most of the game. She tried to hide this happiness as she cheered both racers though this slowly started to slip as the race continued on.

“Yay, woo! Go guys, you can do it...! Ooh, watch out Apple Bloom! Oh, so close. Look out Scootaloo, Apple Bloom has-! Ouch... That's ok, you can do it! Come on, you've almost got it Scootaloo...!” Sweetie Belle leaned forward as the pegasus did, edging her onward while Apple Bloom frowned in concentration as she attempted to keep the lead. The three fillies all leaned forward as the last few moments of the race came up as they held their breaths for the close finish. In moments there was a howl of delight and a groan of dissatisfaction as Scootaloo jumped up to stand in her seat with hooves in the air and Apple Bloom sat back in her own seat.

“Ha ha! There was no way you could beat me at racing Apple Bloom, you should just give it up now.” The orange pegasus crossed her fore-hooves while the earth pony rolled her eyes at the boasting.

“Alright, whatever ya say... But Sweetie Belle hasn't gotten tah play anthin' yet, did ya want a turn?” The two racers turned to the filly in the center who blushed as she glanced back and forth between them.

“Oh! Uhm, no, it's ok. I don't like fighting or competing as much...” The two friends tilted their heads in bewilderment at the declination.

“But didn't ya compete with Rarity just the other day?” The young farmer stared curiously as Sweetie Belle bit her lip before backing up slightly.

“Well, yes but that was different. You guys keep playing, I'll see what else they have here.” The unicorn didn't wait for a response and went deeper into the arcade. She could barely make out the challenge of yet another race and shook her head amused. As the young unicorn stepped further into the dark room, she came to a large glass case on top of dark gray machine. Inside the glass was a bunch of stuffed animals laying on top of each other. Green eyes widened in awe as she noticed a large dark-orange dog sitting on the very top of the pile.

(Maybe if I got a stuffed animal, I wouldn't feel the need to snuggle Scootaloo as much! This is perfect!)

Sweetie Belle beamed as she rushed over and started to put in bits to try her luck. She grabbed the joystick and began to twist it to the side, trying to get it in the right place to capture the stuffed toy. Her tongue stuck out and eyes were narrowed in concentration as the unicorn tried to position the crane just so. The mechanical arm slowly slid to the side and back, soft clicks echoing from the box before the crane slowly lowered onto the target. The filly held her breath as the three spindly fingers lightly gripped the toy only for gravity to pull it back down as the crane returned to the start position.

“NO! No no no no no! Dumb machine!” Sweetie Belle pouted at the game as she stared longingly to the toy that sat smugly on top of the pile.

“Having trouble Sweetie Belle?” The cool and collected tones of a certain pegasus filly broke Sweetie Belle out of her pouting daze. Heart fluttering with a sheepish grin in place, the light-gray filly turned away from the game to face Scootaloo who stood next to her with a smile of her own.

“Oh, uh, hi Scootaloo... Uhm, yeah, I couldn't get-well, uhm, yes, I didn't get anything.” The unicorn scuffed her hoof along the ground as Scootaloo chuckled. She had seen how much Sweetie Belle had focused on the game and shook her head at the attempted nonchalance.

“Come on, you've only played one game. Why don't we go play one together? Apple Bloom is tired of games right now.” Scootaloo waved for the unicorn to follow after her and went towards the center of the room. A large red machine had caught her attention with it's flashing arrows and metal platform in front with large buttons in the shape of arrows.

The two friends watched the demo play out and glanced between the flashing arrows and the corresponding steps. Seeing that it only cost each player three bits to play, the Crusaders stepped up and payed. With a rapid change of sound, the machine proclaimed itself to be Dance Dance Locomotion and divided the screen for the two players. They didn't know any of the song choices and merely settled for a random one that didn’t seem too hard. With a sharp beep at having selected a song, a deep voice announced that they were ready to start.

Both fillies hunched slightly on the center metal plate, ready and waiting for the lights to scroll upwards on the screen so they could start. Scootaloo gave a teasing growl to her opponent as she glanced to the side for a quick second to take in the sight of the gray-white unicorn who scrunched her nose in preparation.

“Are you ready?” Scootaloo gave a small start as she realized that both her and the machine stated this and looked back in surprise. Sweetie Belle laughed with a wide grin though she didn't look away since the game was starting.

Even as the song continued on about how mares just want to have fun, the two friends had fun as they danced with loud laughter at some of the lyrics. The more song-inclined filly couldn't help but get the music stuck in her mind and began to enhance it as she danced. While she was humming the counterpart she made up, she continued to lightly tread on the proper buttons to the pegasus' amazement. Scootaloo had no issue with the game that required balance and maneuverability and easily played on a harder setting. What she didn't expect was to hear the soft humming to her right and stared in surprise even as she continued to play well. Sweetie Belle noticed this attention and blushed at the surprised stare, tripping briefly before regaining her rhythm.

(Oh gosh, she's staring at me! What do I do, what do I do what do I do...?)

(I knew Sweetie Belle could sing but I didn't realize it was that good, that's pretty neat! I better step up my own game!) Scootaloo refocused on the game as she wanted to show off how cool she could be with her moves. The young unicorn noticed the attempt with another blush and smile even as she tried and failed to focus on the game.

The game soon wound down and the deep voice proclaimed that they were pretty good. The duo panted lightly at the sudden exercise and shared a pleased smile. The machine returned to the song list and randomly had one selected while it waited. The faster beats with high pitched plucking sound rang through the air, inviting them to try again with the different song. Scootaloo looked between the game and her dancing partner with a challenging gleam in her eyes and a half smirk on her muzzle.

“Wanna try again Sweetie Belle? You weren't doing too bad afterall.” Seeing the small nod of agreement, Scootaloo paid for the next round before the other filly could comment otherwise and picked the song that was tempting them to go another round. Both fillies resettled in place with teasing grins for the other as they waited for the go signal.

After stating 'are you ready?', the screen came alive with much faster arrows that shot to the top. The song proved to be much faster and harder than the one before it and both fillies worked at keeping up. The music in the background inspired the unicorn once again but she couldn't focus on it as they danced their way through the difficult level. As they became lost in their own little world, they didn't see the olive-yellow filly walk up with a grin at how well they were doing. Once the song finished the dancers stood in place with tired smiles and slumped forms as they allowed their bodies to come to a halt. They were pleased with their attempt and lightly panted as they waited for the results. The more acrobatic filly had achieved 'SS' while the unicorn earned an 'A'; just as Scootaloo nudged her friend at the score, they heard a southern accent giving their efforts praise.

"Y'all are pretty good but we should get goin' if we want tah catch the movie.” Apple Bloom smiled at the two panting fillies before leading the way outside.

Sweetie Belle couldn't stop the reddening of her cheeks as her mind replayed the moves the pegasus started to do as they danced. The others noticed this but assumed that it came from the sudden exertion they just went through. It was as the gray-white filly was in a daze that the others started to argue about who would pay for the snacks and tickets.

“I told you I can pay for my own stuff Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo frowned to the earth pony as they picked up their pace while heading for the concession stand in the front of the main room.

“Yeah, but Ah want tah treat everyone today.” Apple Bloom continued to pick up the pace as she raised a single brow at the pegasus.

“Well, maybe I want to treat you guys.” The orange filly raised both brows as she started to run and gained on the earth pony. This move was met with a smirk as Apple Bloom also started to run towards the front.

“Well, not if Ah get there first!” With the challenge thrown out, both fillies left their third companion as they raced to the sales counter. The earth pony managed to reach it seconds before the pegasus and threw her bits onto the counter.

“Can Ah have three large popcorns please?!” The sales clerk gave a small start at the demand but rang up the sale before anything else could be said.

“And I'd like three large drinks please!” Scootaloo drew out her own bits as she stared at the slightly surprised stallion who signed to the worker behind him to get the popcorn. He raised a brow and pointed towards the drink machine beside the register.

“What flavor?” The stallion tried not to roll his eyes as the pegasus' own eyes widened at the sudden choices.

“Oh uhm.... Sasperilla?” The orange filly checked that her friends didn't mind the decision and relaxed at the agreeing nods. Sweetie Belle had only barely noticed when her two best friends took off running and was panting again as she stood between them.

“Uhm what should I get?” Sweetie Belle saw the drinks and popcorn making their way to the trio of friends and tilted her head in curiosity. She wanted to help pay as well, knowing that they hadn't been able to go out like this for a while if ever.

The two others shared shrugs before turning back to the unicorn. Scootaloo glanced about the room and found the ticket pony with a short line in front of her. With a thoughtful nod, she looked back to the wide eyed filly with a small grin.

“Why don't you get the tickets?” Scootaloo suggested with a tip of her head to the podium. Sweetie Belle brightened at the suggestion and nodded rapidly before leading the way with her snack and drink on her back.

The three friends waited in line with their stuff on their backs and excited smiles on their muzzles. In moments they were in front of the podium and grinned up at the ticket mare.

“Hi! We'd like three tickets to Superfast please!” Sweetie Belle stood proudly with a wide grin as she stared at the ticket pony. The pegasus nodded and pulled three stubs from her desk and hoofed them over with another plastic grin.

“Sure, thank you for coming to Cinamare Theaters. Enjoy the show!” As the older stallion started to look behind the Crusaders, the girls stayed rooted to the spot with confused frowns.

“But-but how much do we owe for the tickets?” Sweetie Belle questioned as she pulled the small bag of bits forward. The offer was waved off by the older pegasus who frowned briefly before managing to get his plastic grin back.

“Today foals get in for free. If you could please head inside? I have to help the other customers.” The three friends frowned at the dismissal but trotted out of the way.

While they traveled to the doorway with the title on a small black sign over it, Sweetie Belle started to slow down as the snacks seemed to grow heavier as she walked. The light-gray filly frowned towards the ground and pulled to a stop just before the doorway. The other Crusaders noticed this and turned to stare curiously at the upset filly.

“What's wrong Sweetie Belle? Didn't you want to watch this one?” Scootaloo took a single step closer as she and Apple Bloom watched the filly slowly become more dejected as she thought about what happened.

“Yes, but you guys paid for things and I wasn't able to pay for something for us...” Sweetie Belle didn't look at the others as she scuffed a hoof. She wanted to help but it wasn't likely that they would accept any bits of repayment. The other two Crusaders rolled their eyes with small smirks at the unicorn filly's desire to help. Scootaloo stepped up closer to the dejected filly and placed a reassuring hoof on her shoulder.

“It'll be fine Sweetie Belle, we were totally willing to let you pay for it but this way works just as well. Think of it this way: you've been worrying so much lately, this is just as a way to make it up to you.” The pegasus smiled gently to the distressed filly who blushed once more at the touch. Fizzing tingles raced through the unicorn as she sheepishly smiled back. Her mind went blank at the words and concern even as her face lit up in red.

The other two Crusaders weren't sure why the gray-white filly was red-faced but assumed it was because of playing the dancing game moments before as well as the sudden run to the concession stand. They waited for a moment longer but saw the oncoming crowd and prompted her for a response.

“Sweetie Belle?” At the sound of the pegasus calling her name, Sweetie Belle came back to her senses which were still on overdrive from being near the pegasus and took a shaky breath before answering.

“Oh, uhm, yes, ok. If you guys say so.” She started forward once more and was soon in the dark theater as the seats slowly filled with foals of all ages and their families.

In moments, the Crusaders decided to try for a higher level seat and climbed along the right side of the room. After passing seven rows of mostly filled seats, they came across one that had three seats in a row and quickly tried to claim them for themselves. Apple Bloom led the way to the chairs while waving for the others to hurry. Scootaloo waved for the unicorn to go first and fell into step behind her. Once they sat down, the three friends adjusted the drinks and popcorn for easy reach while being sure that they could see the screen properly.

Seconds after sitting Apple Bloom and Scootaloo started to argue what the movie would be like and how much action it would have, talking over the frozen filly between them as the theater continued to fill. Sweetie Belle found that sitting in a dark room with the orange filly to her left was not helping her state of mind. Being in a small space with her made her scent of wind, fresh grass and sweat from the workout from early started to overpower the unicorn's senses. She didn't even realize when the two friends stopped arguing as the room grew dark. All she could feel was being hyper aware of the heat next to her even as a mother of two sat right in front of nervous unicorn.

“Psst...! Pssst, Sweetie Belle!” The hissed call made the light-gray filly jump in place and turn to face the pegasus quickly with wide eyes that tried to adjust to the darkness.

“Wh-what is it?” Sweetie Belle whispered to her neighbor as she started to become aware of her surroundings and finding herself slightly shocked to see that it was a full theater.

“Can you see ok?” Scootaloo leaned closer to the light-gray Crusader as she asked her question. Unlike Sweetie Belle, she had seen the larger mare sit in front of her and didn't want her friend to miss out on what promised to be an interesting movie. With a bewildered glance to the pegasus, Sweetie Belle looked forward to find that her vision was blocked by the pegasus mother.

“Oh, uhm, I'll be ok... Maybe...” Scootaloo rolled her eyes at the timid response and motioned for the unicorn to lean towards her.

“Why don't you lean this way and watch from the side?” The pegasus lifted the arm rest that blocked the two seats from one another and scooted over as much as possible. Sweetie Belle stared back shocked but couldn't stop herself from shifting closer and tilting her head to the left. She was able to look beyond the mother that way but could already feel the crick that was developing in her neck.

“I don't think it would work Scootaloo, it hurts my neck to keep it tilted that way...” Sweetie Belle shook her head as she sat up properly and tried not to stare at the filly beside her.

Scootaloo tilted her own head briefly as she thought before sitting up with a pleased grin. She sat as far as possible on her seat and patting the area right next to her invitingly.

“Here, why don't you just sit with me and we'd be able to watch it that way?” The pegasus watched to be sure her suggestion was being followed before turning back to the screen as the main snail came into focus.

“O-oh, ok...” Sweetie Belle couldn't stop the heat that spread across her muzzle as she sat up next to the pegasus. The seat wasn't meant for two but the fillies were still smaller than the average pony, making it not uncomfortable but extremely close.

Settling in place, they didn't notice how the last Crusader glanced over to the empty place next to her in surprise. She was about to ask Scootaloo about it when she found her answer.

“Guys, why are ya sittin' in the same seat?” Apple Bloom watched curiously as Sweetie Belle jumped slightly at the voice and fell over the filly beside her. Scootaloo chuckled at the jumpy unicorn and helped to set her back upright. Sweetie Belle's face was bright enough that it was still visible in the dim lighting as she tried to laugh as though it was just a little thing. Clearing her throat that found her heart lodged in it, she turned to the earth pony two seats over with a wavering smile.

“I can't really see and Scootaloo offered me part of her seat.” Seeing that her explanation got the curious eyes off her and back to the screen, Sweetie Belle softly sighed and focused inwards. Sitting near her crush was bad enough but now her entire side was full of warmth at the touch. It was a tough battle to prevent herself from leaning against the pegasus once more but she came through, lasting until the end credits and standing up with the crowd to exit the theater.

“That was pretty cool!” Scootaloo hopped in place as they awaited enough room to leave as she gushed about the film they just saw. Apple Bloom rolled her eyes as she stood behind Sweetie Belle who stared at the excited pegasus.

“Yeah right, that was just weird an' kind of borin'. Ah don't see what ya think is so great about it Scootaloo.” The olive-yellow soon found herself the target of an annoyed glare even as they slowly edged their way out.

“It was not. It was the best kind of movie, one about racing and going fast!” Scootaloo fluttered her wings in excitement, lifting her briefly before she landed with a grin to the filly in between the two arguing fillies. “You agree with me right, Sweetie Belle?”

The unicorn filly jerked once more to awareness and blushed as she shrugged. She hadn't actually seen much of the movie, too distracted by the warmth next to her to know what it was like.

“Uhm, it was ok...?” Sweetie Belle tried to smile in a neutral manner but it faltered at the deadpan from the pegasus.

“So what did ya want tah do now guys?” Apple Bloom wasn't sure why the young unicorn was constantly blushing but she wasn't going to question it when they were having a good time. Now the real trick was to make sure they kept having a good time and that Sweetie Belle was doing ok as well as being sure Scootaloo was fine.

The pegasus glanced around them as they exited the darker room to the soft lights of the main one. A single large digital clock rested above the listing of films that proclaimed in red numbers the time of two in the afternoon. Her eyes went wide as she remembered another thing she was supposed to do that day.

“Awww.... Sorry you guys, I forgot I have to head over to Fluttershy's to help this afternoon. Guess we have to cut it short today.” Scootaloo glanced apologetically to the others who stared back in confusion. They hadn't heard of this before and the thrill riding pegasus hadn't shown any inclination to help with animals before then. Sweetie Belle was the first to speak after the proclamation and timidly stepped forward as her heart lurched at the thought of leaving the orange filly's side.

“Well, you don't have to go alone do you? Could we come as well?” The gray-white filly tried to appear nonchalant about the question even as her heart sped up. Apple bloom nodded from her side as they looked questioningly to the pegasus.

Scootaloo was surprised at the request but didn't see any issue with it. Giving a single shrug and nodding, she turned in place and led the way to the small cottage on the edge of town.

“Sure, Fluttershy probably wouldn't mind. I haven't really helped before, so I'm not sure what we'll have to do.” The orange pegasus checked her friends to find they weren't phased by this news and smirked in happiness. She hadn't wanted to call their day short either and the work was sure to go faster with the three of them. The picked up their pace as the pegasus realized they were running late and rushed to help the animal helper.


Fluttershy floated through her living room as she checked on each of the animals staying there. She had spent most of her morning preparing for when Scootaloo came over to help and was growing concerned as the afternoon continued ever onward. Even though she wanted there to be enough for the young pegasus to feel that she helped out for the day, animals and their needs didn't wait for anypony, making the kindhearted care-taker start her rounds early. Her closest animal friend and pet followed behind her along the ground as she flew. They had been having another talk about a certain rainbow maned pegasus and he was not pleased with his owner's decision.

While the canary mare checked with the mice that lived in her wall, the white rabbit hopped into view and started to 'talk' as soon as he could; he knew that he would be dismissed if he waited even a second and jumped right into it. Moments after he started to lecture the pegasus sighed and shook her head at him as she stood up.

“I know Rainbow has been coming by more often in the winter time, but I don't think it means anything.” Furious paw waving met this statement as Angel jumped onto the couch to be seen.

“I know I said that she used to visit all the time when we were kids but... but things are different now.” Fluttershy glanced towards the ground for a moment as she thought about just how different things were. It used to be they were inseparable, hanging out and facing the difficulties of life together.

The animal care-taker turned away from the birdhouse and saw the disbelieving frown on the rabbit's face. The pegasus sighed and crouched lower to look Angel in the eye.

“Angel Bunny, I know that she has been visiting more but it's not like it was before. I'm not sure why she was checking on us but I don't think she's going to do that for much longer... No matter how much I'm going to miss her...” Angel frowned in concern at the shaky voice and was about to give the pegasus a reassuring hug when there came a trio of knocks at the door. Fluttershy took a deep breath and let it out slowly as she stood. Once she was sure her voice wouldn't waver, she called out as loudly as she could.

“Wh-who is it?”

“Hi Fluttershy, it's me, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom. We're here to help you?” Fluttershy perked up at the knowledge that Scootaloo did come by to help and trotted without hesitation to the door. With a small grin to three friends, Fluttershy waved them in and shut the door behind them.

“I'm glad you girls came, are you sure you all want to help today?” The older mare stared curiously to the fillies who all nodded affirmative.

“Yep! We want to help out!” Sweetie Belle hopped in place and tried to focus only on the older pegasus as she stood in between the other Crusaders. Fluttershy smiled warmly and nodded once before starting the tour of the house and work expected.

“If you could make sure everyone has food and water, has a nice clean house and help me refill the containers of food? There's the bird houses inside and in the trees outside... The lovely family of mice that live downstairs and you remember the chickens outside.” Fluttershy couldn't help but smile at the guilty grins at the reminder of chickens and the last time they tried to help with them. “There's a lovely family of rabbits that live by the creek, chipmunks and squirrels that live in some of the nearby trees. I think the ducks are back from visiting their home in the southern parts of Equestria... Oh and there's some fish in the river too... It's not too much is it? If you can't get to anything or it seems too much, just let me know.”

The Crusaders stood wide-eyed at the list of animals Fluttershy took care of and only just came out of their daze at the suggestion that they could get help. With soft shakes of their head, they were quick to try and assure the older mare that they could do any task given to them.

“That's ok Fluttershy, we can get it!” Scootaloo took the lead since it was supposed to be her chore and led the way around the house to check the animals there.

Fluttershy watched worriedly as the girls checked the birdhouses by standing on one another's shoulders; she was about to suggest they find some other way when Scootaloo barely checked the birdhouse before she tipping forward and banging into the dresser in front of them. Before the older pegasus could take a single step, the other fillies rushed forward to check on the injured pegasus. Fluttershy watched with a concerned frown that turned into a small smile as Sweetie Belle nuzzled the orange filly's side only to be waved away with a blush.

(She's like how Dashie was when she came back... Rainbow brushes off all 'sappy' things but she used to not mind too much at all... Especially after a rough day at school, we would sit together and cuddle even if she said it was too sappy for her...)


“Oh, come on 'Shy, you know I don't do sappy...” Dash waved a half-hearted hoof as the two laid on a cloud high in the sky together. Her other hoof belied her words as it wrapped around the canary mare who had grabbed Rainbow in a hug and nuzzled her side. Fluttershy glanced up from where she was nuzzling the cyan chest to meet peaceful cerise eyes.

“Please don't get too upset at them Dashie... I don't want you to get into trouble again because of bullies...” The quieter mare gripped the other pegasus for a moment before returning to nuzzling her side.

“Yeah well if they just grew up and quit acting like a bunch of foals, then I wouldn't get so mad!” Rainbow frowned for a second before allowing her face to return to a neutral expression, unwilling to upset the nervous mare beside her

“... Thanks for defending me Dashie...” Fluttershy murmured her thanks as she rested her head on the strong chest while the second cyan hoof snaked around to pull her into a hug.

“No problem Fluttershy, it's what best friends do...”


“...It's what best friends do Scootaloo, we're just makin' sure yer ok.” Fluttershy shook her head briefly as she found the three friends talking about the spill from earlier. Scootaloo was trying to continue with the job given them but the others had made her stop to be sure she was ok.

“I'll be ok guys, honest. Let's keep going, we have a lot to do.” The pegasus walked away leaving her friends no choice but to follow along and try to help. Sweetie Belle continued to wear the bright red blush on her muzzle but tried to appear normal as they went about their tasks. The brushing off and avoidance of anything coming across as too sappy very much like her prismatic idol.

Fluttershy flinched as a more recent memory rushed through her mind. Angel Bunny noticed and placed a soft paw on a cream-yellow fore-hoof only to earn a sad smile as the animal care-taker remembered when Rainbow Dash first came back.


“Dashie! I didn't expect to see you here!” Fluttershy trotted over from her door to the cyan mare who hovered over the road. Cerise eyes glanced around the area before settling briefly on the canary mare on the ground.

“Oh, hey Fluttershy... Didn't realize you were living here...” Dash stayed floating in the air and rubbed the back of her head. She could see the expectant smile from the quieter mare and knew that she expected the brash mare to land next to her.

“It's been so long Dashie, where did you go...? Why did you go...?” Fluttershy started to lose her smile when she noticed that Rainbow showed no sign of setting down nor going for a hug. A spike of fear shot through the timid mare as she continued to watch the cyan pegasus who remained impassive.

“Just around. You live here now?” Dash seemed to not care about the growing frown on the other pegasus and looked beyond her to the grass covered cottage. Fluttershy bit her lower lip and started to crouch in place as she started to worry about the almost completely different mare before her.

“Uhm, yes... I-I work with the animals here for anyone in Ponyville... Did-were you going to stay nearby?” The canary pegasus stood a little straighter at the chance to be with her best friend once more.

“Yeah, it doesn't seem like all that bad of a place, I guess I could make this place cooler with my awesomeness... I'll see you around.” Dash nodded goodbye and took off for the open sky. Fluttershy stood in front of her doorway with wide shocked eyes; it had been well over four years since they last met and it was not at all like she expected. Heart broken and drooping in place, the cream-yellow mare searched the skies in hopes that Rainbow Dash would come back, acting like she had before.

Seeing the skies remaining empty and no sign of the prismatic mare, Fluttershy gave a dejected sigh and continued to her cottage where some animals were waiting for her attention.


“Fluttershy...?”

“Fluttershy, are ya ok?”

“Fluttershy?” The canary mare shook her head as she focused on four sets of concerned eyes watching her. The Crusaders and Angel Bunny were standing in front of her and stared up at the older mare with small frowns. Fluttershy blinked a few times before trying to smile reassuring to her audience.

“Oh, uhm, yes?” The older mare looked beyond the four beings in front of her and saw that the work was completed. It was with mild surprise that she noticed the work was done relatively well considering the Crusaders' track record.

The three Crusaders had managed to do the chores with Angel running behind them and fixing it. He had gotten tired of working after them and stopped them from going further. After giving them extra instructions that went misunderstood, he made them follow his example closely. The result was work finished properly; but when they went to get more instructions, they found the older mare staring blankly at them instead.

“Are you ok Fluttershy? You were kind of in a daze...” Scootaloo tilted her head curiously as the older pegasus took a steadying breath and grinned at the fillies.

“Oh, yes, I'll be ok. You girls did a wonderful job! Oh, and Angel helped?” Fluttershy crouched down as the white rabbit started to signal his assistance. “What a good little helper you are. I think that means you should have a nice yummy salad for your work. Oh!”

The older pegasus stood rapidly as her eyes searched for the small bird clock and what the time was. Seeing that it was well past supper time, Fluttershy held a hoof to her mouth in surprise and leaned back towards the fillies who watched mutely.

“I'm sorry girls, I didn't realize what time it was. Would you like to have some supper with us?” The older pegasus smiled to the three friends who turned in place to confer amongst themselves.

“What do you think?” Scootaloo wasn't sure she wanted to accept the offer and looked to her friends with a neutral expression. She had gotten to like making her own food even if it didn't always turn out so well; accepting the offer felt like she was relying too much on the kind-hearted mare.

“Ah say we should; after workin' all afternoon, Ah'm mighty hungry.” Apple Bloom made sure to have a bit of a whine in her voice to help her case; glancing from the corner of her vision she noticed that the orange pegasus wasn't completely convinced and turned to the last Crusader with a hopeful grin.

“What do ya say Sweetie Belle?” The young unicorn gave a small start as she was addressed and looked guiltily between the others. She had dazed off once more as she noticed Scootaloo's scent in the small huddle and hoped they didn't see where her gaze had focused.

“Uh, erhm... We could learn to cook salads...?” Sweetie Belle smiled shakily with a half-shrug at her suggestion. The orange pegasus deadpanned the gray-white filly while the earth pony grinned brightly.

“Alright! Then we're gonnah learn how tah cook with Fluttershy!” The young farmer strode happily forward and came to a sharp stop in front of the animal care-taker. Fluttershy had watched amused at the conference but began to frown at the loud exclamation of cooking.

“Could we help ya make them salads Fluttershy?” Apple Bloom tried to sound as pleading as possible as she stared up at the older pegasus with large hopeful eyes. Fluttershy bit her lip for a second before nodding agreement to the plan.

“Uhm, yes, ok. If you could come with me? I'll show you how to make a salad.” Fluttershy smiled at the three friends who hopped up from where they sat and rushed after the animal care-taker.

The four ponies and single rabbit traveled to the cozy kitchen as dinner preparations became underway. The oldest mare tried to slowly walk them through the process while Angel sat on the counter nearby with crossed paws; he had seen their ability to work on 'normal' tasks and didn't feel all that confident that this would go any better. Fluttershy had them slowly work with the knives for the vegetables and only had to remind them twice about washing the produce off before trying to sliced them. It was when Sweetie Belle tried to make it go faster by putting it in the oven (set on high of course) that the canary mare started to wonder if this was a good idea. Her patience was further tested as Scootaloo stated that it wasn't interesting enough and suggested frying it instead.

Once she was able to convince the Crusaders that salads were supposed to be cold (and not frozen in the freezer), it was soon nearing completion and Fluttershy sent the girls to set the table for four. The girls didn't have as much issue with this task and soon they were ready to start the meal. Angel Bunny had his own bowl set on the side, away from the disastrous fillies, for which he was grateful.

Apple Bloom had made sure that Scootaloo was situated between herself and Sweetie Belle who was once again blushing at the proximity while Fluttershy sat across from the younger pegasus. She had hoped that it they had Scootaloo between them, she wouldn't try to run off or not eat parts of her salad under the guise of an eating contest. What did give the earth pony pause was how the unicorn on the other side was once again blushing and shuffling in place.

(Do I have tah always watch for both of them? At this rate if it ain't one it's the other!) Apple Bloom frowned at the latest actions of her friends before taking on a more friendly grin.

“It's ah shame we didn't get cutie marks for makin' such a yummy salad.” The other Crusaders looked to her in muted bewilderment as the older mare smiled at the statement.

“Yes, it is a nice salad, you girls did a wonderful job.” Fluttershy continued to smile warmly at the trio who sat up straighter under the watchful eye.

“Eeyup. Real shame we can't hang out more though...” Apple Bloom dejectedly frowned at her bowl while peeking from under her bangs towards her friends who had mixed reactions. Sweetie Belle was now focused on the olive-yellow filly as she wondered what she was trying to say, her meal untouched as her thoughts preoccupied her mind. Scootaloo, however, wore a pensive frown at how she was having a lot of fun and didn't want it to end. It had been a while since the three of them hung out all day and it didn't feel right to stop at this point.

“... Well, we could... have a sleepover at my place... I mean, I have a place now, and we haven't had a sleepover yet there...” Scootaloo tapped her hooves in nervousness as she glanced up from her bowl to pleased smiles. Seeing that the idea was met with approval, the young pegasus decided to get a head start and finish the meal quickly.

“Ok, so it's a sleepover at my place! What are we waiting for then?!” The other two Crusaders nodded to the statement and wolfed down their salads much to the dismay of the cream-yellow mare at the head of the table.

“Oh! Uhm, please, be careful! You don't want to get sick or stuffed or ch-choke! And you should ask permission before going for another sleepover...!” Fluttershy held out a cautionary hoof as the three girls shot up from the table even as their forks clattered in the bowls.

“We will, don't worry! See you later Fluttershy!” Scootaloo led the way as they ran out of the kitchen without a backward glance. As they reached the door, the fillies didn't pause for a moment as they threw it open only to stop from their mad dash as they found it filled with a cyan mare. Rainbow Dash had been about to knock when the door swung away from her suddenly. She looked down in surprise to find the Crusaders staring back on in shock before smiling once more as they quickly gave their greetings and farewells.

“Hey Rainbow Dash! See ya later!”

“Howdy Rainbow Dash, we'll be seein' ya!”

“Hello! We have to go, bye!”

Dash stared on with a single brow raised as three dust clouds raced towards town before looking to where a small giggle came from. Fluttershy held a hoof to her muzzle as she laughed before smiling to the bold pegasus who entered the two storied home.

“Glad to see those guys are having fun. Did Scoots come by to do her chores?” Rainbow trotted into the kitchen as the canary mare started to put away the dirtied dishes. Fluttershy gave her best friend a soft grin as she nodded before turning to check on her pet.

“Yes, they did an amazing job and Angel helped out too.”

“Oh? So the fuzz ball actually did something? I would have paid to see that!” Dash chuckled even as the white bunny glared before hopping into the living room. The two mares stood in silence while the canary pegasus scuffed a hoof along the ground.

“Was there some-something I could do for you Rainbow...?” Fluttershy tried to keep her voice from getting too excited as she glanced at the other mare from behind pink locks. She wasn't expecting to see the brash pegasus so soon and tried to refrain from giving her a hug. She didn't want to upset or annoy her to the point of leaving so soon afterall.

“Oh, yeah. I was just stopping by and checking on things... Boy, that salad looks good! Did you make it Fluttershy?” Rainbow tried not to drool as she looked at the fresh veggies on the center of the table. She had been working a lot more in the past few days and it often left her too tired to make proper meals at home.

“Actually, the girls helped me make it... Would you like some?” Fluttershy tried to remain as still as possible while holding a hoof out to the meal that still was on the table. They had made a lot in their enthusiasm and the quieter mare hadn't had a chance to put it away yet.

“Really? They did? Not bad; but what could one expect from such an amazing cook and teacher?” Rainbow smirked as she gave the canary mare a quick nudge on her shoulder with a single hoof. “Sure, I'll stay for a bit. I am kind of hungry and it takes an amazing meal to fill this awesome flier!”

Fluttershy couldn't hold back her squeal of happiness and rushed towards the cyan mare with a large smile. In moments she had the brash mare in a hug and started to nuzzle when the situation came back to mind, freezing her in place. With trepidation, she glanced up only to find an amused smirk and small shake of a rainbow maned head at her actions.

“Geeze, what'd I say? I don't do sappy...” Dash gently pushed the other mare off her and sat at the table instead as she started to load up an extra bowl. She paused however when she noticed that Fluttershy hadn't moved and realized that maybe digging right in wasn't the best thing to do.

“What?”

“Oh, uhm, noth-nothing... Please, help yourself. The girls were so happy to have made it that they may have gone just a little overboard.” Fluttershy broke from her trance at how long she was able to hug the usually unphysical (in the sappy sense) mare and stepped lightly to the table. She sat across from the cyan pegasus who began to wolf down the meal just as quickly as a trio of fillies. Rainbow noticed how she wasn't joining in the meal and paused with her face inches from the bowl.

“Aren't you going to eat some too?” Dash sat up straighter as she noticed the amused smile of the other and tilted her head curiously.

“Hmm? Oh, no thank you. I've already had some and I know you can get really busy lately. Don't worry about me.” Fluttershy couldn't hold back her grin at the other's interest and continued to sit with her hooves crossed on the table as she watched the energetic mare return to eating. Dash gave a small shrug and dove back into the bowl, finishing in moments in order to sit back with a pleased sigh.

“That was pretty good. You're a good teacher Fluttershy.” The speedster rubbed her stomach as she leaned back. She wasn't sure why she waited for the other pegasus to say anything but didn't really feel like moving anyways. Fluttershy saw this lethargic moment and sat up from her watch of the brash mare.

“Uhm, did you have to go Rainbow...? Maybe... we could... uhmm, hang out...?” The canary mare tapped her hooves together as she peeked at the other mare while she offered for the brash mare to stay. Dash perked up and went for a nonchalant approach as she continued to lean in the chair.

“Well, I was going to take a short nap before the night shift started.” Rainbow was barely able to say this before being cut off by a suddenly forward Fluttershy.

“You could have a rest on my couch, if you want that is... It is comfy...”

“Uh, sure. I'll just take a short nap then I'll get out of your mane.” The speedy pegasus raised a curious brow at the sudden offer but hopped over to the red couch nonetheless. She knew that the kindhearted mare would offer the couch and wasn't sure why she was blushing at the prospect of staying for a short nap. With a mental and physical shrug, the impatient mare gave a small jump to land on her back and fell asleep within moments.

Fluttershy tried to be extra quiet since she had a sleeping guest over but couldn't help the excitement racing through her; Rainbow Dash had not only stopped by but was actually staying for a short while!

(Oh, I hope this means we're becoming close friends again but, it's not nice to just assume things... I better make sure not to annoy her... Ooooh, I'm so excited!)


Further down the street three fillies were running up to a single story home with bundles of sleeping gear on their backs. The Crusaders had been quick to get permission for another sleepover and didn't waste a moment of gathering the supplies. They had all the games from the clubhouse, extra blankets and pillows as well as some snacks to be sure it was one of the better sleepovers.

As Scootaloo burst through the door with a giant stack of supplies on her back, the other fillies were surprised to see that it was a lot messier than when they first visited. Streamers hung from the walls and ceiling while a giant banner hung over the half-wall proclaiming 'it's your new house house-warming party!' in bright purple letters. Noticing the confetti littering the ground and well stocked fridge of cupcakes, cake and punch, there was only one answer to what had happened.

“Pinkie Pie,” Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle droned together as they finished entering the home. Scootaloo rolled her eyes before nodding and waving with a hoof to the banner.

“Yeah, I got home the day after the inspection pony came by and this was waiting for me. Haven't gotten around to cleaning just yet.” Scootaloo dropped the bundle in the middle of the living room while Apple Bloom rolled her own eyes at how independent and yet lazy her friend could be.

“Well, if we want tah have the best sleepover we gottah have a clean place tah mess up. Let's get this all cleaned up.” The olive-yellow filly led the way as she picked up a black garbage bag from under the sink and started to collect the streamers from the walls. Sweetie Belle started to pick up the bits of confetti before glancing up to watch Scootaloo go after the large banner.

With the three of them hard at work, it wasn't long before the house was back to its neat state and the girls unpacked their own party supplies. The games were placed along one side of the living room while sleeping gear stashed in a corner out of sight and mind. Since they just had supper, the snacks weren't needed until much later in the evening when the games they've been playing for months grew boring. It was as they enjoyed a few cupcakes that they discovered a new issue.

“Alright, so what are we going to do now?” Scootaloo chomped on the blue cupcake in her hooves as she gazed to her friends. “Wanna play some more Trouble? Or how about another round of Spy and Spy?”

Apple Bloom thought as she munched on her own cupcake and stole a glance towards the unicorn in the middle. Sweetie Belle had once again become dazed as her mind wandered from the topic at hoof to thinking of how happy Scootaloo was lately and the full filling in her own heart at the thought. The earth pony noticed this spacing out and took it as a sign that it was getting late.

“Ah don't think Ah could play much more Scootaloo... We've been playin' these games for ah while now, maybe it's time tah just call it ah night.” The olive-yellow filly noticed how Sweetie Belle seemed to not hear this and was about to check on her when Scootaloo realized she only had one bed.

“Uh guys? Where would we set up? There's only one bed in my room and it doesn't really fit three.” This statement was the thing that brought the light-gray unicorn from her daze as her mind raced with ideas of where she and a certain orange furred pony could sleep. She tried to keep her mind from picturing what it would be like to hold the tough and rumble filly in her hooves while Apple Bloom started to discuss possible solutions.

"Why don't we use the two beds tah sleep?”

“It's really heavy and be hard to move.”

“Well, what about all of us sleepin' on the floor in yer room?”

“It's not that big of a room Apple Bloom.” Scootaloo deadpanned the other filly who huffed in annoyance at how unhelpful the pegasus was being.

“Well then, why don't we just use the livin' room tah sleep next tah one another? Then we could stay together.” Apple Bloom smiled at the grudgingly given agreement before finding that Sweetie Belle was staring between them with wide eyes and a light blush on her muzzle. Before she could ask about it, Scootaloo came back with the sleeping backs and started to fling them over the others with a snicker.

“Hey!”

“Well, you were sitting in the middle of the space. You take up too much room Apple Bloom.” Scootaloo smugly looked to the earth pony who laughed back and grabbed her pillow to swing towards the pegasus. This action was soon retaliated and pillows began to cloud the air with feathers flying out every so often.

The three friends called a truce once they had been properly worn out and laid where they had landed; Apple Bloom on one side, Scootaloo on the other and Sweetie Belle yet again in the center. After panting a few more times, the earth pony rolled over to her side and grinned at her best friends.

“Alright, we better get some sleep. We got school tomorrow an' we'd get in trouble if we missed it or was late.” Apple Bloom then began to dig out her blanket with little regard to who was laying on it, unintentionally sending Sweetie Belle to land on the orange filly.

“Oh! Sorry Scootaloo!” The unicorn scrambled to get up and combat the bright blaze on her face at the contact. The pegasus waved a reassuring hoof as she also got up and set out her blanket.

“It's fine, I'm pretty tough after all... Good night guys!” Scootaloo wasted no time in wrapping herself up and laying on her side facing away from the others. Sweetie Belle stared for a moment longer before remembering where she was and curling into her own blanket.

“Good night y'all!” Apple Bloom turned and faced away from the others as well, her bow removed and blanket pulled up to her nose.

“... Good night...” Sweetie Belle murmured as she watched the pile of blankets rise and fall with each breath the orange pegasus took. She tried to pull the blankets up and close her eyes but every sense seemed to want to focus on the filly beside her.

(… I suppose I'm not really sick and it’s not going to go away. I just think of Scootaloo as being more special to me than Apple Bloom... And this isn't just because of her being in danger, it's all the time... Rarity did say that some mares liked other mares, but do I really really like Scootaloo like that...?) Sweetie Belle glanced over to the scooter rider and sighed, feeling the answer in her every rapid heart beat.

(Yes, yes I do... But what should I do? Rarity might have said it was fine but.... Wait! Rarity! I bet she can help! I'll do that! I'll just... go to her and say... that I really really like.... Scoot-another filly... Urghh, this is going to be hard...) The pale-gray filly squirmed in place as butterflies ravaged her stomach, prompted by the thought that she would tell anyone about what she was feeling. Before she could make any decision on how to make it go away Scootaloo turned and curled in place. Sweetie Belle froze at the new view offered to her and every other thought evaporated from her mind except for the one that mattered most.

(I really do like her… Like, ‘like’ like her...)

Author's Note:

Ok, first things first. Thanks to Gwg and Bronco for helping make this story better and better each time I sit down to write.

Next thing, and I'm going to be really really frank guys (SPOILER ALERT), we have planned out the rest of the story and it is going to be at least a hundred chapters. Not kidding, no jokes here and not a drunken pretend confession. 100 chapters. A lot of which are going to be long (well into 10,000 words each, perhaps even more). But due to views going down and the story not really getting much views/rates, we are starting to wonder if this is what people want to read. A long slice of life (sort of) of two budding romances and their issues after getting together (for most of that 100 is after Flutterdash gets together (yes, I said it. Flutterdash will eventually happen)). But is that going to keep you guys satisfied? Would you like to see how some of these points I'm bringing up in my story get resolved and how the ponies march beyond it? Or would you want smaller chunks that are broken into different stories (it would mean a lot of the stuff planned would change but...).

Please please please comment on this. As much as I want to write this story out, I would like to know that someone out there (hopefully more than three (me, Gwg and Bronco)) want this and the full story we have planned. It would be a nice, full story, but it may not be worth it if no one actually reads it. Are you actually interested in what I have so far and want to keep reading this or do you just want to get to the shipping? Your thoughts and concern will be heard and considered. I'll also be posting a blog about it to see if I get more comments or notice of this matter.