• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 4,562 Views, 146 Comments

A New Kind Of Party - Wolfie 03



Two mares have found a new kind of party of the heart with one another, something the original party mare never thought she'd find and one the librarian never thought of before. Can they find the right balance to enjoy this new feeling? Find out

  • ...
9
 146
 4,562

XV - Worries of the future

End of May, 1005 A.D. (After Discord)

Sunlight drifted through heart shaped windows. It gained pink and glittery tones as it came through. The large wooden bed was a mess of blue candy themed quilt and pink sheets. The beams of light slowly crept up along the bed, inching towards the headboard. When it reached the top of headrest, a soft hum sounded out. A pink hoof reached out of the bundle of blankets and tapped around the bed. It arrived back to the pink maned head that peeked out and bopped it. The sound shut off with a chirp and giggle. The mass of blankets shuffled towards the edge and hopped to the ground. Continuing to move towards the dresser beside the bed, it paused to extend a pink limb once more. The hoof pulled open the top drawer and rummaged briefly inside. Another giggle sounded out as both a calendar and pink head appeared, one from the drawer and the other from the blankets.

“Hmmmmmm, let’s see what’s for today!” A second hoof appeared from the bundle. The silly mare smiled widely as she flicked it open and tried to locate the current date.

“Hmmm-ehm-hm-mmmmmm….. The end… The end of… The end of - aha! Aj is to have a big important talk with Rarity before her trip!” The pink fisage brightened before dropping down. “No, wait. That’s March. Oh, here it is! Dash is getting her pet Tank today and finds- oh, wait….. That’s end of April. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...” Pinkie Pie stared intensely to the flip papers in her hoof, bright blue orbs searching the document.

“OooooooOOoooooooHhhhh!” Sky blue eyes rolled excessively while the pink muzzle made a perfect ‘o’ of realization. “No wonder I was seeing everything else! Grabbed the wrong calendar.”

The pink form popped out of the blankets, leaving the outer shell in place as she quickly put the ‘special calendar’ away. She reached back into the drawer blindly and whipped out the correct one with a wide grin.

“Here we go! Tomorrow is Fluttershy’s arrival into Ponyville anniversary! Oh my gosh!” Pinkie twirled in place, searching her large loft bedroom. With each glance, the party pony grew more frantic, biting her hoofnails while her mind ran through every available supply she had stashed away. “Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh noooooo!”

The pink mare stood on her hind-hooves, fore-hooves outstretched towards the ceiling. Her mouth was wide out in her distress with her eyes tightly shut. After waiting several seconds, Pinkie dropped back to all fours and tapped at her chin in thought.

“Hmmm, better get a move on, have to get everything ready for the next month! Can’t fall behind again.” The pink earth pony hopped down the stairs. Coming across the Cakes starting their daily baking, she waved excitedly to the couple before hopping towards the door.

“I’ve gotta catch back up for all the parties I’m going to put on! I’ll be back later today unless Twilight needs me for some really goofy reason that she totally believes to be the greatest and most important thing ever! BUH-BYEEE!” Pinkie’s shout and half-ramble left the two bakers confused.

They had raised their hooves to wave goodbye but paused at the ranting. They looked cautiously towards one another before getting back to work. Though they made sure to set aside more supplies for the parties’ Pinkie would undoubtedly come up with, considering how energetic she was acting that morning.

Pink mane and tail bounced fluidly in the air. Giggles followed each hop. The other ponies in the street smirked to themselves at the sight of the party pony on her merry way. The pink body came to a stop mid-air, defying gravity with a hearty smile, as blue orbs focused on a dash of pink and yellow slowly making its way through the marketplace. Returning to the ground with a gentle plop, Pinkie merrily trotted over towards Fluttershy, softly humming to herself.

“Hey there Fluttershy! I was just about to get ready for your celebratory party about being in Ponyville for over six years now!” The earth pony evenly walked up and slung a hoof around Fluttershy’s neck.

The timid mare jumped in place, ears flicking wildly at the contact, before she settled down when recognizing who was speaking. She tilted her head slightly to glance to the party mare with her uncovered eye.

“That means she’s been here ever since she was eighteen and graduated high school for anyone curious.” Pinkie hissed towards the empty road as she leaned into the pink maned pegasus. Fluttershy blinked a few times at the odd mention before refocusing on the first thing Pinkie had said.

“Oh, uhm, yes. It has been a long time…” Fluttershy offered no resistance to being pulled along. Luckily Pinkie didn’t feel the need to go too fast. “Uhm, but you don’t have to throw me and my animal friends a party for it…”

The party mare lifted off her hoof from its resting place and gave the pegasus a gentle nuggie. Fluttershy stared slightly annoyed at the action but understood no malice was intended.

“You silly filly! Of course I have to throw you a party for that!” Pinkie Pie began to hop once more in the direction of the party gimmick store. “But I’m going to have to get a WHOLE lot more supplies. I’ve been helping and staying with my little star so much that I’m running low on nearly EVERYTHING. Well, except love, but that’s because my little star gives me lots and lots of her love.”

The earth pony paused in her travels, a few paces away from the animal caretaker, as she held a hoof to her chin in thought. A pleased and warm grin was stretched over the pink muzzle. The shyer mare also raised a hoof to her mouth, eyes going wide in worry.

“Oh no! I, uhm, well, I can understand. Did-did you need some help?” Fluttershy quietly asked as she took a few unsure steps closer to the hyper mare.

Pinkie whirled in place, eyes and grin wide, as she leaned closer to the yellow mare. “OooooooOOO, would you? Would you really?”

The tiny nod was all Pinkie needed to see. The earth pony rushed forward and hugged the other mare tightly. “Thanks so so much Fluttershy! I knew you’d understand! I bet you and YOUR special somepony spend so much time together you TOTALLY forget the world around you!”

Fluttershy flinched and backed up slightly as she shook her head in denial. Pinkie also stopped and glanced towards the pegasus with a wide smile.

“Uhm, n-n-no… I… I don’t have a special somepony…” Fluttershy tapped her forehooves together while Pinkie lost some of her manic glee. “I, uhm, may day-daydream about what it would be like… But, uh, I don’t have any special somepony…”

The earth pony frowned. Reaching out a hoof, she stared at the pegasus as she reached beyond only to snap her hoof back with a shocked and pained look on her face. Pinkie slightly pouted as she rubbed the stung hoof before scratching at her head with it.

“Meanies, won’t let me see the calendar again in the same day… You really don’t have a special somepony yet? Huh… Ok then. Guess, we uh, better get going anyways.” Pinkie had lost her pep for a moment before the joy of party planning re-entered her spirit as they continued down the street. Fluttershy bit her lip anxiously as she followed the earth pony, ears tipped back.

“So, how’s Rainbow Dash been doing?” The sudden question surprised the shy pegasus. Teal orbs looked up to find sky blue ones staring intensely back.

“Oh, uhm, well, I guess she’s fine. Well, kind of, but she seems to be worried about Tank.” Fluttershy couldn’t meet curious sharp blue eyes.

“Oh, well, I’m sure there’s more than meets the eye to that.” Pinkie bounced in place before twirling around and entering the store.

The pegasus furrowed her brows in confusion before also entering the tent-like store. She was stopped by the multitudes of bags full of goodies and supplies that quickly blocked her path. The pile inched forward slowly startling Fluttershy into giving an eep of surprise and scrambling backwards. The stack passed through the doorway, revealing that it was propelled by a certain pink earth mare whose mane was flatly squashed against the bags.

“P-Pinkie?!”

“Hey Fluttershy! This is ALL the stuff I’ll be needing for the next week. Can you still help?” Pinkie Pie looked up from where she pushed and smiled to the pegasus. When Fluttershy nodded timidly, the pink mare beamed and began to pile the multitudes of bags on top of the pegasus. “Thanks so much Fluttershy! This will help loads!”

“Ooomph… Y-you’re… welcome…” Fluttershy groaned as she was quickly encumbered by the supplies. Her ears were tipped back anxiously as she began to crawl after the party pony who tied the few balloons she had around her waist.



“Hey Fluttershy! We totally have to go over this way!” The pink earth pony shouted with a wave of her hoof. Rapidly swinging her hooves to help her move forward, the party mare floated down the main street, causing other traveling ponies to avoid her and Fluttershy. This left a wide open space in the middle of the road.

“O-okay…” The soft whimper resounded in the quiet morning as the two friends continued their travels. “Uhm, Pinkie Pie…? Wh-where are we going?”

The flying earth pony froze momentarily as her ears twitched back and and her nose scrunched, sniffing the air. “Oh, well, we need to get to a nice bridge to cross the river, right? So we’re heading for the bridge!”

Fluttershy squinted in confusion. She opened and shut her mouth a few times before pressing her lips together in a flat line. The pink mare merely smiled gleefully and resumed her trek, not looking back at the other mare following her.

Yep yep! I need that bridge area, it will have LOADS of room for panicking! And I just can’t leave my little star by herself while I panic, so I’ll have to pace in a twelve hoofstep line and turn a hundred and eighty degrees to go back the other way and I wonder if other ponies would want to panic with me? Better make sure I get enough pases in even if I’m doing it solo!

-NKP-

I wonder if this is enough panicking for my little star? Hmmmmmmmm, nope! Better get a little more in!

The hysterical pink mare continued to float through the air with her head thrown back in a perpetual scream. To the casual observer and reader, it may seem like Pinkie Pie was lost in her frantic yelling. But no! For I, super-secret agent of parties and distractions Pie, Pinkie Pie, am totally helping Twilight focus!

“Pinkie Pie! Please, I need to focus!”

Worked like a charm! “Sure thing Twilight!”

The earth pony drifted closer to the unicorn and smiled widely as she watched her marefriend rub her temple in thought. Bright sky blue orbs glimmered in the morning light as they watched the almost verbal thought process the well-organized mare was going through. Twilight looked from each of her friends to the library in the distance. Her gaze shimmered bright, body releasing its stressed stance, before shutting her eyes and focusing her magic. With a soft poof, a quill and parchment appeared in the air beside the purple mare. The onlooking crowd stayed a polite distance away as Twilight began to write as many things to check on as she could. Pinkie glanced over her shoulder and giggled at some of the scenarios. When the unicorn heard the laughter, she looked up and gave a small start of surprise at their proximity. Recovering, she grew hopeful as a new resource came to mind.

“Pinkie!” The purple mare stood up with a wide grin.

“Twilight!” The earth pony shifted with a wiggle of her hooves as she shouted just as loudly as her marefriend.

“I need your help!” A lavender hoof reached out and came to a gentle rest on soft pink fur.

“Wheee!” Pinkie threw her hooves out as she gleefully shouted towards the sky, though she made sure not to break the contact. Twilight rolled her eyes at the answer.

“Can you, can any of you girls, think of things we should check to fix?” Twilight turned to face everyone else as she asked before looking back to Pinkie Pie who released herself from the balloons with a flick of her tail. The group nods and grow pensive as they sat closer to their un-official leader.

“Oooh, how about all the bridges around here? I bet those need a good check.” The hyperactive mare laid on her back against Twilight’s back. Her head laid beyond the purple shoulder, making Pinkie have to look up to see her marefriend’s face. “You know, rooftops sure do get stepped on a lot too, better make sure they don’t have any holes! Oooh, and what about all the clouds in the sky? What if some totally weird thing got into the factory and changed something in them? And what about the sun? What if the Princesses get so tired they want to just to take a nap but fall into a deep slumber and don’t wake up in time for us, sending us into a cold dark dismal night!”

The sound of several face-hooves resounded around the open area. Some of the crowd even joined in, though not too many since they were used to Pinkie’s more eccentric ways. What was a little concerning for the crowd and three remaining best friends was how dutifully Twilight wrote the suggestion down. Even as Pinkie flipped from one type of disaster to another, the librarian continued to take notes, magically elongating the parchment to fit it all. Rarity and Applejack shared an anxious glance and stepped closer while Fluttershy inched forward with both ears flat against her head.

“Sugarcube, you may want to think of some other things aside from ones, uh…” Green eyes flicked towards the light-gray mare searchingly.

“From ones of this magnitude. Perhaps ones that are a little easier to handle?” The prim voice picked up from where the southern accent left off after the sapphire orbs connected to the apple green ones.

“And maybe not so scary…?” The tiny murmur was barely heard over Pinkie’s continued ramblings. Their closer presence drew the two mares’ attention away from one another. They glanced towards their friends with guilty smiles. Twilight tried to desperately recall what they just said while Pinkie just beamed, enthralled by the deep concentration she found on her marefriend’s face.

“Uhm, other things…” Twilight looked to her list and found that a lot of the current suggestions were of global kinds and not ones that could be done by the average pony. “Oh. What, uhm, did you guys have in mind…?”

“Well darling, do you really need to make an entire list? Couldn’t we merely try to fix things as we find them?” Rarity hesitantly questioned the anxious unicorn.

Bright blue eyes gleamed as Pinkie smiled towards the two mares. When Applejack took a step forward to also suggest a course of action, Pinkie was practically giggling at how close the farmer and fashion designer stood. The lighthearted tone dampened when the earth pony looked towards the yellow pegasus who was standing off by herself. Though when Twilight responded, the anxious train of thought quickly derailed.

“But how would we be able to know what was taken care of and what wasn’t? No no, we have to make a list of EVERYTHING.” The unicorn summoned her collection of maps and spread them around her. “We just have to think about this logically. Go through every city and what could potentially go horribly horribly wrong.”

Both Applejack and Rarity rolled their eyes while Fluttershy winced at the wording. Pinkie merely continued to smile as she watched the world from upside down. As she stared at the pegasus however, the pink muzzle turned into a slight frown, almost unnoticeable from her position.

… What if the calendar's wrong? I thought things were supposed to be turning around for them by now, but Silly Dashie was more than willing to fly off at Twilight’s command… My little star does have a lot of leadership in her, just has to be confident enough to use it. I knew she was special. I’m sure Rainbow Dash can see that too… Pinkie bit the inside of her lip as her frown deepened. Maybe she’s blinded by the light in my little star…?

The pink mare came back from her musing slowly. Blinking away her frown, she glanced towards the unicorn she still leaned against and quickly became lost in deep purple orbs.

“Pinkie Pie?” The soft voice pulled the drowning mare back to the sunny day. “What do you think of our list?”

The party pony tilted her head back, closer towards the ground as she looked at the scroll. Scanning it rapidly, she frowned once more as various parts twitch, itch and tremble on her body.

“Hhhhmmmmmmm, I think you may have missed some stuff there my star.” The crowd and group of friends went still at the proclamation. “Yep! There’s this dirt pile near the intersection of Elm and Cranberry street. That could toootallly be really slippery and dangerous. Then there’s this weird tree that has a bunch of loose branches that may or may not have been there when I jumped up that one time to see where the Cutie Mark Crusaders were. Then there’s the water tower you never refilled from when you chased away the ursa minor. Oh oh oh! And my mane has been a little off balance recently, which could mean that there’s a horrible disaster coming to Equestria in a season, right near the end of the month, or that my mane is getting too long.”

A purple eye twitched. The quill scrambled over the parchment, adding another thing to check on the growing list. Pinkie smiled at the newest entry. She rolled to her left and wrapped her forehooves around Twilight’s neck. Pinkie giggled as she nuzzled the purple fur, distracting Twilight into blushing at the feeling. The unicorn stood up, hardly registering the extra weight on her neck and back. Together, they stepped closer to the waiting crowd. Twilight held up the scroll and began to direct the ponies work at various tasks.

Pinkie was really comfortable resting on her marefriend’s back. She breathed in the magical mare’s scent and with every exhale, suggested another two things to check. A whistling sound broke through the muted chatter. While it came closer, Pinkie was content to hold her marefriend until she felt Twilight focus on a specific pony. Glancing up, the pink earth pony saw the rainbow mane and relaxed. Rainbow Dash gave a sharp salute, drawing a confused twitch of a pink brow, before stepping closer to the lavender unicorn and pointing to some of the maps spread before them. The proximity caused an intake of concerned breath and tightening of pink hooves while bewildered blue eyes watched over the purple mane.

That’s weird… Dashie doesn’t like being so close to ponies usually. It makes it really hard to give her good-morning-hugs or we-just-pulled-off-an-amazing-prank-hugs… She’s not like that with a lot of the others… Maybe she’s just showing Twilight something? Well, no matter what she shows, I’m still her marefriend, not her! Pinkie tightened her grip further, brows mashing together over the squinted eyes. A vague and soft gasping sound cut through her showdown with the mop of multicolored mane. Blue eyes blinked before looking to the neck under the tight hold. Two purple hooves desperately tugged at the pink fur while the muzzle close to Pinkie’s face was paler with a light blue tint to it. Pinkie Pie yelped and released the unicorn below her, taking care to get off the mare without further harming her.

“Heh heh, sorry Twilight…” Pinkie laughed lightly while a hoof went to her mane to scratch at it.

Twilight relaxed from her heavy breathing and smiled gently towards the other mare. “It’s ok Pinkie. Do you think you could help with some of these things? Oh and please keep those suggestions coming, I need every input I can get.” The unicorn beamed towards the earth pony for a few seconds. She then turned back towards the map and her lists, Rainbow Dash coming in closer to point at cities that she had personally scouted.

My little star is just amazing that way. But maybe she’s so amazing that others are getting jealous now! Ooooh, I better keep a close eye out for anypony wanting to try and take my little star away! All’s fair in love and parties!

The pink pony smiled and shoved her nose over top of Twilight’s back, forcing the sky blue pegasus to take several steps back as she frowned in confusion at the action. Pinkie continued to smile, even as she nosed the pegasus’ side whenever she got ‘too close’. Rainbow Dash gave one more bewildered glance towards the pink mare before giving Twilight a sharp salute. Shooting into the air, she collected other pegasi with a wave of her hoof and they all flew off in different directions. Twilight and Pinkie watched for a few moments before focusing on the other ponies still there. One of them at least did so. The normally hyper mare was focused on something else instead.

OoooooooOOo, some of these ones are going to be hard for the average pony to get to. They could be important, but I don’t think Twilight will find anypony could could climb cliffs on such short notice or check every mirror in town or be sure that the Everfree Forest is still free and not a monarchy. But would she be ok without me here…? Hmmm, no Pinkie Sense about ponies trying to take my light… And with Rainbow Dash gone flying off, there won’t be any Twidashery going on either. That pony, bunch of letters for a name, who does that?, has some weird suggestions… Better make sure Rainbow Dash hasn’t been listening to him just in case!

Pinkie gave a swift peck to Twilight’s cheek before bounding off, humming with each step. When the melodic tones of Twilight’s question came floating towards the swift moving earth pony, Pinkie twirled around with a wave.

“I’m going to get started on those tasks my little star! I’ll be back for that mane cut!”

Twilight grinned in relief and looked back to her list. As some ponies arrived with news of what could be repaired, the unicorn would send others to start on the growing list of tasks. When she pointed towards the apple farmer, Applejack nodded smartly and looked to the light-gray unicorn at her side. Giving Rarity a warm smirk, the earth pony jerked her head in the direction she was being sent. The fashion mare smiled and delicately nodded. Together, they went off to start working as Twilight focused her attention on the next couple of ponies. Pinkie watched her two friends walk away from a distance, a pleased smile plastered across her muzzle.

At least I won’t have to worry about two more mares becoming tempted by my special somepony. But I better hurry! Manecuts wait for no mare!

The hyper earth pony skipped around the small town, completing her own mental checklist of things while other ponies ran frantically to comply with Twilight’s demands. The pink mare didn’t bother to adjust her beaming grin at how great her marefriend was. Soon she rested on a thatched roof, forehooves stretched out in front of her, while she watched the motion below.

Got all my special preparations done, and seems like the sun is in the right spot and Twilight has shown everypony just how awesome at planning she is, so I guess it’s time to get that mane looked at. I wonder if something is going to happen or if it’s just a little off… Hmmm…

Pinkie lifted her back half up and over her head, dropping towards the ground with a ‘wheee!’. Twirling mid-air, she struck one hoof forward while curling the other towards her body, aiming for a large umbrella that was over top of a circular table. She bounced off the fabric and did several spins in the air before coming to a soft landing on the ground. Nopony around gave the action a second look. The earth pony glanced about, nose in the air, as she stretched out her senses to find her special somepony. Blue eyes shot open with a gleam and the hyperactive pony barreled down the street, aiming for the large carousel that was on the east side of town. Loud voices began to come into focus as she got closer.

“...are you sure? Seems a little late to me.” The prim tone was hesitant. The second caused a wave of heat to spread from Pinkie’s core to the tips of her fur.

“I’m sure, she’s never been late to anything we decided on together. Or to anything that I know of.”

Oh Twilight! That’s because my favoritest, cutest, all around best marefriend is waiting for me! That and having a super special sense means I ALWAYS know when to show up right on time!

“HERE I AM!” Pinkie shouted as she rolled forward before springing upwards with hooves out in joy. Rarity looked a little faint at the surprise while Twilight smiled in expectation.

“Err, yes, so you are darling.” The fashion designer patted her mane, trying to adjust it back from its windblown shape. “If you would come along? You said you didn’t want to go to the spa for this correct?”

Pinkie hopped along after the alabaster mare. She rapidly nodded, smile never faltering. Twilight watched bemused as she continued to check things off her list.

“You bet! I know you don’t do manecuts usually but I can just tell that this is where I have to be for the montage.” Pinkie chipperly replied as she leaped into the waiting chair. Both of the other mares paused in confusion before shaking their heads at the odd wording.

“Yes, of course. And how would you like the manecut darling?” Rarity levitated a pair of scissors she kept for the few makeovers she did for customers. Holding them up expectantly, she stared at the pink maned mare.

“Uhmmmhmhm-uhm-uhmmh. I think the front is a little too heavy.” Pinkie tipped her head forward to demonstrate.

“Oh, so a little from the front?” A hoofful of the pink strands floated up in a light blue hue.

“Oh no no no no no, that’s waaay too much.” Some of the hairs were released.

“Noope! Still too much!” More was released, leaving half of the original amount.

“Hmm, nopey-dopey! A little leeesssss…” Several more pieces dropped from the blue hue while sapphire blue eyes scrunched down in annoyance.

“A little lessssss….” A few more pieces dropped, leaving only five bits left. The blue eyes were now slits as light gray brows inched their way down and together.

“Still too muchhhh....” Half of the remaining parts were released. The three mares held their breath while Pinkie scrunched her muzzle in thought.

“That’s it, carefully now, careful!” Rarity shut her eyes briefly at the hyper instructions of Pinkie’s and opened them to frown in determination as she drew the scissors closer to snip off the small chunk.

Silence reigned in the boutique as every set of eyes were staring at the motion. It was soon broken by the echo of a slice from the scissors cutting through the few strands of pink mane. While the blue light of magic dissipated from the room, a exclamation of ‘PERFECT!’ set the two unicorns at ease. Twilight ticked off the corresponding check box while Pinkie nodded her head to test the weight.

Uhmmm, this could be bad. That feeling isn’t going away… Is there something coming for Ponyville? Is there some disaster on the horizon? Should… I … tell Twilight…? Blue anxious orbs turned towards the lavender mare who was thanking the tailor for her help. No, she has a lot to worry about as it is. I’ll just keep going and get my own list finished.

Pinkie spent the next several hours rushing around. She completed the tasks that Twilight didn’t know about and ones she did. Pinkie would check in with the lavender mare every hour. With a kiss and status update, she watched her marefriend keep the townsfolk busy throughout the night. Twilight never slowed however. Her ability to keep working always impressed the hyperactive earth pony. Pinkie’s grin didn’t waver even as she checked that everypony acted like they normally did. Well, except for Rarity who was falling asleep on her hooves and Applejack who had to help hold her upright. And Fluttershy was also dragging behind, eyelids drooping as she helped. Rainbow Dash seemed to be the only one who wasn’t fatigued aside from Twilight and Pinkie Pie.

As the night wore on, Twilight continued to rely on the sky blue pegasus and pink earth pony. They were the few ponies who were still energized enough to help get tasks done. Rainbow Dash would often fly at rapid speeds to scout and deliver instructions. She would return and happily gave a salute to the librarian as she reported. Pinkie felt the need to watch these interactions as she waited for further instructions. Even if she already had the entire list memorized.

That’s right Dashie, go fly off. You may be Loyalty incarnate, but you won’t ever be there for my little star like I can!

“Pinkie? Could you go and add just the right amount of oil to all the doors in Ponyville?” Deep purple eyes seared the pink mare. Full of hope and appreciation, they derailed Pinkie’s current train of thought.

Poor thing, there it goes into the subconscious. “You betcha Twilight! But that’s going to take more time than my last mission, I’ll see you at daybreak ok?”

Pinkie watched for the agreeing nod before leaning forward and nuzzling the purple muzzle. Both her and Twilight wore a splattering of red over their faces at the touch. The mares stared a little longer when a cough broke their staring contest. They looked towards their right and found both Rarity and Applejack waiting there with bemused smirks.

“Heh heh, sorry girls, let’s see what’s next.” Twilight gave her marefriend one last peck before turning towards the others. “Where did you girls go after…?”

Pinkie beamed and twirled around before setting out on her task, Twilight’s conversation with the others trailing away as she left. Her mind and body went on autopilot while every fiber of her being kept a mental eye on her special somepony. The individual hairs on her ears flicked as time ticket ever onward.

Sunbeams crested over tops of the tan hay roofs. Ponies blinked at the change in lighting shot into their pupils. Taking furtive glances about them and not seeing a specific shade of lavender, they returned to their homes, locking the doors behind them and diving for the covers.

One hyperactive mare didn’t stop however. Pinkie’s ability to continue working throughout the night and into the morning encouraged Twilight to keep at her list. By the time one o’clock rolled around, they had gotten the majority of their tasks finished. It all depended on the latest scout reports.

There’s Dashie! Giving my star the the good news. Does this mean Twilight gets to go to bed now with lots and lots of cuddles? Phfffff, come on guys! You know how this day goes!

“Ok everypony, follow my lead!” Pinkie waved to her left with a barely concealed grin. She continued her run, though it wasn’t nearly as fast as her last panic run. She didn’t even bother to scream really loudly, knowing in her hooftips that Twilight would fix this in a jiffy.

Yep! I knew it was a good idea to stash party supplies all over Ponyville! Twilight was so right in that it never hurts to be prepared! In fact, that didn’t hurt anypony at all, kind of more like a funny tingling feeling of happiness…

“Pinkie Pie, why did you have toy balls hidden in a tree?” The raspy voice floated from above the earth pony’s head. Sky blue eyes pulled away from the retreating lavender figure and moved upwards to the curious face staring back.

The two faces stared at one another from inches apart when a small cough on Pinkie’s right distracted them from their current unoffical-offical staring competition. The small dragon tapped his claws as he stared to the earth pony.

“Uhm, is Twilight going to be alright? And, uh, why do you have stuff placed all around Ponyville?” Spike giggled as his head was fondly rubbed by the party mare.

“Ah Spike, it hasn’t ever hurt to be prepared for anything yet!” Spike and Rainbow Dash shared confused glances before looking back at Pinkie Pie. “And you can bet your bottom bit that Twilight will be right as rain! In fact, if my Pinkie Sense is right, she should be back tomorrow morning!”

The young drake sighed in relief while Rainbow scratched at her head. Pinkie gave the drake another pat before zeroing in on the flying mare. Before Dash could zip off, the earth pony held on to her tail desperately with a wide smile. The pegasus sighed as she floated back towards the ground. She rolled magenta orbs with a small sneer.

“What’s the matter now Pinkie? I haven’t had a nap in the past 36 hours.” Rainbow stared blankly towards the earth pony who didn’t relent in her smirk or wide-eyed stare. “It was fun to show off my speed and ‘save Equestria’, but even the most amazing mares need their rest.”

Pinkie smiled widely as she tugged the pegasus closer. She slung a foreleg over tense blue shoulders and gave the rainbow maned mare a half hug. “Girl, I totally know what you mean! In fact, I know the perfect place for you to crash at. I’m sure you’ll find it waaaay more comfortable than a large tree house home filled with books, inks and magic.”

Rainbow scowled at the odd wording as she was dragged along the street. Pinkie didn’t seem phased by the unsettlement. She reached her other hoof up to scuff the rainbow locks of her friend.

“No worries Dashie, this will be EXACTLY what you need!” Pinkie continued to pull the pegasus along with her, her grip sure and firm.

Rainbow tugged at the pink hooves only to stare in shock when they didn’t budge. She started to fidget and twist but Pinkie’s grip was too strong. The party mare didn’t drop her wide smile. They continued down their path even with the pegasus turning frantic to get loose.

“And don’t you worry Rainbow Dash, we’ll let you know when nap time is over and need more of your help, ok?” This should get the calendar set on the right track again!

When the duo exited the town and continued down the dirt road towards a grass covered cottage, the sky blue pegasus slowed in her desperate struggles. Dash bit her lip gently. She glanced towards the earth pony holding her hesitantly.

“Are… Are we heading for Fluttershy’s?”

“You bet! Just what a tired but awesome pegasus needs.”

“Oh…” The exclamation was drawn out and subdued. The usually brash mare released the tension she held and began to walk under her own power. Pinkie’s smile widened even more, impossible as it may seem, and picked up her pace.

Together, they arrived in front of the light brown door and heard the rapid chattering of critters. Rainbow frowned thoughtfully while Pinkie hung back, her smile never budging an inch. The sky blue pegasus took the initiative and knocked lightly. The sounds coming from inside went silent.

“Fluttershy? You in there? It’s just me and Pinkie Pie.” Dash glanced towards the earth pony beside her only to jerk her head back at the wide toothy grin waiting for her. When the door started to creak open Rainbow stepped in front of the disturbing smile with an unsure grin of her own.

“O-oh, hello Rainbow Dash… I was just talking with my animal friends about making sure everyone was safe.” The canary mare peeked behind her pink mane. “Uhm, where-where is Pinkie Pie?”

Rainbow Dash jerked her head towards the spot behind her before taking a look herself only to do a double-take when there was no hint of the pink mare. Dash scratched her multicolored mane as she glanced sheepishly back to the other pegasus.

“Oh, uh, guess she had something else to do…”

Fluttershy gave the brash mare a tiny smile before taking a step back with a wave of her hoof.

“Uhm, well, would you like to come inside? You probably… would like a nap?” The shy pony allowed her mane to cover the majority of her face once more, allowing only a sliver of her teal eye to watch the other pegasus.

“S-sure.” Dash nodded once, striding forward with a flash of a grateful smile. The yellow mare smiled back and waited until her latest guest was inside before closing the door once more.

Excited hooves beat against the dirt path. Going at no particular rhythm, they belied the speed they were traveling on their owner’s behalf. One of the forehooves shot out every so often, waving energetically to the rushing ponies. Suddenly, a question rang out instead of a short greeting.

“Pinkie Pie! Will there be any other monster attacks today?!” The hyper pony froze, expanding her senses to try and tell what the future may bring.

“.... Nope! Clear skies for the rest of the day!” Pinkie’s words were answered by a relieved sigh as the light blue unicorn went on her way.

The few other ponies who were on the street had stopped to watch the response. When they heard the answer, they too let out relieved breaths and continued on their way, though some decided to trot up to the overly friendly mare.

“Pinkie Pie, is my street safe to walk down?”

“You betcha!”

“Pinkie, is it ok to open my store for the afternoon?”

“Oooh, sure is!”

“Pinkie, is the weather going to stay good?”

“Hmm, winds going to pick up and a couple of clouds, but you should be good!”

The pink earth pony looked up from testing the winds with her tongue and ear tips to find that a line had begun to form in front of her to lead around the block. Oh uh, I can’t have ponies standing around outside. Better set up shop!

The earth pony shot off to her room and returned to where the line started. With a flick of her forehooves, a circular tent poofed out from the bundle she held. Pinkie set the tent down lightly like one would a picnic blanket. Once it was in place, she flung open the flaps and beamed at the open area inside. She ran back out, leaving the only mildly confused crowd of ponies behind her, and collected pillows, blankets, chimes and lights while balancing a small table on her back. When she arrived back at her tent, she stopped suddenly, allowing the luggage to fly forward and decorate the room.

Mmhmm, perfect! Lights and everything! Time to help make everypony happier!

Pinkie hopped towards her seat, a turban and scarf set around her neck, as she waved the next pony inside.

“Please, come inside! Madame Pinkie Pie is here to help!”

I bet this will help Twilight even more! This way, nopony will bug her while she’s busy working with questions about the future. Ooooh, maybe I’ll even get to see her!

-NKP-

Oh boy am I glad that Twilight actually stopped by! And she reaaallly wants to know what her birthday present is! Too bad I already got it aaaalllllll set up and totally can’t tell her. But she still doesn’t really understand my Pinkie Sense… Though where did that flower pot come from anyways?

Blue eyes slowly traveled up to the tent roof above the lavender unicorn. There was a circular tear in the fabric where the pot had entered. A tiny groan brought Pinkie’s attention back to the other mare in her tent. Twilight was shaking off the broken pottery, rubbing at her temple with her eyes closed tight. Pinkie put a hoof to her muzzle in curiosity.

“How did you get that interesting manecut Twilight?”

Spike looked up from his spot next to Twilight. “Oh, well, uhm, that would be kind of my fault. Rainbow Dash was visiting to say how another city was ok and I was playing around, and then I fell and my fire shot out and… We thought it looked ok…”

As the drake spoke, the warm hearted light in sky blue eyes dissipated, leaving only a too tight grin and a stiff spine. A lavender hoof reached out and pat the young dragon’s head reassuringly. This pulled the lad away from the anxious sight to the purple unicorn beside him. Twilight still had her eyes shut tight however and missed both the facial change and the anxious look in the dragon’s reptilian eyes.

“It’s ok Spike, sometimes these things just happen. I don’t blame you or Rainbow Dash. Even if you were trying to get me to move when I was trying not to move in order to not have the future me’s past happen.”

Pinkie’s gaze unfroze. Standing up, knocking her hat off in one sweep, she trotted over and brushed off the remaining dirt from the dark purple mane. When Twilight opened her eyes hesitantly, she smiled back at her marefriend.

“Twilight, you guys go on and have a nice relaxing day. Maybe make sure you don’t have a big ol’ bump on your pretty little noggin.” Pinkie leaned forward to nuzzle the lavender mare. She also rubbed the top of Spike’s head before helping them out of her tent. “Do you want me to help you get back home?”

“No, it’s ok Pinkie. You have more futures to read right?” The unicorn nudged the earth pony with a smile before heading in the direction of her tree home. Twilight turned to where she felt a claw on her side. “We’ll be ok, right Spike?”

The young drake nodded rapidly before helping his guardian walk forward. Twilight was a little unstable on her hooves, her gaze now twirling with stars flying around her head. Pinkie watched with a smile before the grin froze into place, her gaze clouding over. She looked towards the sky, noting a streak of gray and blonde leaving quickly, before zeroing in on a cloud with a rainbow bang and tail.

Magenta orbs popped out, searching the ground and sky guiltily. The worried gaze popped back into the cloud, as a light breeze caused it to drift close to a two storied house. Within seconds a pink blur raced up the side to meet the white puff. Pink hooves dissipated the cumulus, making its occupant flared mid air as the support was suddenly removed. Rainbow Dash checked the area and balked when she found wide light blue eyes, pupils shrunk to pinpricks, staring up at her.

“Gaaah!” The pegasus dropped from the sky. Having landed in a heap, Dash sat up hesitantly, scratching her mane with eyes shut firmly. When she felt a presence beside her, Dash braced herself and took a peek. “Hi… Pinkie Pie…”

“Hey there Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie’s cheery voice seemed hollow even as it had its usual tone and pitch. “I heard that every city is good to go?”

The earth pony watched the slow, anxious nod and reached forward. The blue mare flinched but didn’t move as the rock solid hoof wrapped around her slim frame and pulled her closer to the pink barrel.

“Great! Then you can totally relax and not worry about Twilight or anything about the future. Well, you may want to worry about the future, but not like Twilight is, but like some other way. You sure you ready for some of the more advanced tricks you want to do?” Pinkie tilted her head to the left. “If you’re not careful, you’ll get hurt and have to stay at the hospital and be totally bored!”

“You’re right Pinkie… I better go and relax in a nice quiet place…” Rainbow slowly agreed, waiting for Pinkie to loosen her grip, and shot away as soon as Pinkie did. “Away from you!”

Pinkie Pie blinked slowly, her brows coming together while her smile remained. She stood up, ears twitching in the wind, nose turned up, and eyes closed tight. When she reopened her eyes, they were sharp and focused, every bone in her body serious.

This is worse than I thought! Dashie still won’t admit to anything and won’t listen to reason, I better follow her and make sure things go according to the calendar. I sure hope Rainbow Dash doesn’t fight her destiny for long! But……. I can’t sense her! Why can’t I use my Pinkie Sense to find Rainbow Dash?!? Gotta think gotta think gotta think… Gotta FOCUS.

Pinkie sat down, frown etched deeply on her muzzle, as she rubbed at her temples. Every sense she had was directing her back to the library, away from where the streak of rainbow had shot towards. The mare bit her lip and flopped forward. She rubbed her hooves against the ground, trying to receive any kind of message or sense from the dirt beneath her hooves.

Nothing. I’ve got nothing! I’ll have to find Rainbow the old fashion way, through nose and hoof. Oooh, why do I have a bad feeling about this…?

Pinkie picked herself up from the ground and ran in the direction she had seen the speeding pegasus go. She was soon a blur of pink, leaving the remaining crowds confused about the necessity of the rush. As the earth pony traveled, she kept her ears trained for any word about a rainbow streak that had passed before she did.

Oh my gosh! Rainbow didn’t even say hi to some of her most loyalest of fans! They even wanted an autograph and she avoided them! Something has to be wrong! Maybe she’s so dazzled by my little star that she can’t think straight! Oooh, I have to find her now, Pinkie Pie never lets a friend down or be all sad or mopey! But where would she be?! Let’s see, last seen heading out of Ponyville, to the west, but Sweet Apple Acres are over there, why would she go there? Unless she’s so confused that now she’s trying to get Twilight, Applejack and her to be a herd! My little star would never enjoy that! And I don’t think that Rarity would like somepony taking Applejack away… I better go stop her before this becomes the. Worse. Thing. Ever!

The earth pony didn’t pause in her travels, sharp blue eyes scouring the farmland, trying find any kind of rainbow hues against the typical green, brown and reds of the farm. Seeing a blot of orange exit the barn, Pinkie ran up to and past the farmer. Applejack reared back at the sudden visit but was too slow to stop the other earth mare from entering the building.

“Pinkie! What in the hay are ya doin’?!”

“Can’t talk, gotta find, must save-!” Pinkie’s words stumbled over one another as she zoomed around, checking each and every hiding place she, ponykind or otherwise could use. A yelp of surprise came from the rafters, drawing intense focus from the pink pony below. Having been spotted, Rainbow dropped down from the wooden beams with a shout.

“Aahhhhh!” Dash tried to sprint out the front doors but Pinkie was already mid leap by that point.

Latching on to the lithe pegasus, Pinkie cried out frantically as she tried to hold the other mare back.

“Don’t listen to him Dashie! He’s just trying to confuse you with that moment of Twidash in his own story! It’s even the wrong story! You’re in a terrible storm, not some inspirational story of young love!”

“What the hay is goin’ on RD?!?!”

“AJ! You’ve got to help me!”

Orange hooves started to tug at Pinkie’s body. She flailed, watery eyes slowly turning away from the hysterical speedster to the sturdy earth pony below. Pink poofy mane starting to unravel, the earth pony blubbered to the one pulling her away from her target.

“Wwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy Applejack??? I thought you were happy with Rarity?!? You can’t do this to the readers!! They waited so loooonnnnggg….!!!”

Applejack rolled her head at the theatrics and continued to pull on the ranting mare. Rainbow used this distraction to blast away from Pinkie’s grip. Losing her target, the pink mare dropped limp into the apple farmer’s hooves. Her fur paling as she wilted in the strong grip.

“Et tuuuuuuuu…? Whyyyy? Menage à trois and quatre don’t work in the long run for some of us… Especially in this kind of party...” Pinkie whimpered before shaking free of the hold. Her mane seemed to pick up more dirt and the curls began to break apart from one another, making it much wider and wilder over her head.

“Sugarcube, Ah don’t understand a word yer sayin’.” Applejack reached out with an concerned hoof only to stop when Pinkie took a shaky step away.

“Well I’m not ok with that kind of party! It’s a party of TWO now, and I won’t let anything change that!” The now desperate pink mare shook her head and backed away before turning around and running off once more.

Applejack scratched at her head at the watery shout, frowning at the swift retreat. Turning disturbed green orbs back to town, she started forward, wanting to ask other experts on drama about what just happened.

Pinkie dashed through the trees and forests around Ponyville, tears streaming down her face, fur filthy and ghostly pale. She couldn’t feel any part of her body, almost as though she was drifting along the exhausted form that streaked forward. Sky blue eyes twitched from side to side, scanning the area and skyline, even as most of her sight was full of water and blocked by strands of flat mane. The earth pony began to randomly zoom up to various treetops to aid in her desperate search.

I can’t see her, I can’t find her, I can’t see her, I can’t find her… I can’t sense anything! I can’t even feel where my little star is! What is happening?! What’s gone wrong…?!?!


Sunlight dappled over the quiet town. Ponies had returned to their daily lives, recovering quickly from the fright they had gotten a little under a week ago. They greeted one another with wide grins, pleasant words and warm gazes. When an exhausted pink earth pony slowly trod by, their pleasantness dropped and their stances became fearful. Pinkie Pie wasn’t smiling, wasn’t grinning and wasn’t hopping. She was frowning, confusion written all over her muzzle, while she walked through the marketplace. She was so focused on the ground that she bumped into soft yellow fur, the pony being the only other thing going slower than the usually happy party mare.

“Oh, uhm, I’m sorry Pinkie, I didn’t mean to run into you…” The gentle tone broke the earth mare from her musings.

Pinkie blinked and looked to the animal caretaker. Giving herself a shake, the party mare smiled briefly. “O-oh, hey Fluttershy. I don’t suppose you’ve seen Rainbow Dash around? I can’t seem to find her. I’ve been looking these past three days and haven’t seen mane or tail of her.”

Fluttershy stood up with a tiny grin. Her entire manner brightened for a moment as she answered. “Oh, Rainbow Dash has been staying at my house the past week. Something about needing a safe place to stay?”

The earth pony’s entire attitude lifted at these words. The sight encouraged Fluttershy to continue.

“Uhm, yes, she’s been working with Scootaloo about flying and bringing Tank over to hang out with his old friends… W-why? Was there something you needed her for?” The canary pegasus flinched back down even as Pinkie brightened further.

“Nope! All is right in the world of ponies! I was just hoping that she stuck to the plan.” The party pony bounced up and twirled in place, focusing on the large oak tree in the distance. “I better go make sure my special somepony is doing just as ok.”

“Oh, ok. Have a nice day…” Fluttershy gave the other mare a tiny wave goodbye.

Pinkie waved briefly in return as she bounced off. Her entire focus and senses were zeroing on a certain lavender unicorn. Her Pinkie Sense could tell that her mare was wide awake and rushing around the library.

Ahh, gotta love my little star. Almost as energetic as me when it comes to her science-fun. Bet she needs loads of special Pinkie Pie help!

Hmmm, let’s see… Twilight is watching everything, so that means that she totally saw me protecting and helping from afar, so she must be really grateful. I wonder what else I could do? Maybe watch this thingy? It is a nice telescope… Ooo, another need of my secret stash! I wonder if we get to play dress up next! I have some neat costumes stashed away. In fact, I have those sneaky suits too, I wonder if Twilight would like to dress up in them…

Jackpot! She totally loved the suits. Even asked me and Spike to dress up with her! But she still thinks something is wrong… I don’t have any Sense that there is some ultimate destruction coming our way… Not yet at least, there’s this little tiny twitch that has been growing for a while now. But it’s not here yet. Kind of started last Thursday but that might have been because of ponies being so in awe of my little star. Hm? A special pose? Okie dokie lokie! Guards are just all over the place around here, almost like they have something super secret to hide and protect. Well, I understand wanting to protect the special things in life, like my little star. Maybe I should get some help protecting her from anypony who might want to take her away… Naaaah, I could totally do it myself. Hmm, is that the hallway she wanted to see?

Uh-oh, we’re about to lose that game of hide and go seek with the guards! I better let Twilight know!

Wait a second! How did that guard know my little star? Has he been watching us this whole time? Does he expect a big thank you kiss for opening that door that I so totally could have opened by myself? How does he expect to slip by MY notice?

Pinkie frowned briefly as the guard turned around to leave the mares and drake. Before she could do anything about the stallion, she was pushed by lavender hooves into the archives. The hyperactive mare was quickly distracted by the tall shelves of scrolls and books.

Sweeeeeet! Score one more for the Pinkie Pie! I was totally right about which hall we needed. I can just tell that that scroll my little star needs is in here somewhere. While I do like the idea of keeping this moment in time frozen forever so we could always be together forever and ever, I don’t know if there’s a scroll to help with that… But I bet I could help her get more time! We could always use more time together! Time time time time time… Ooooh, I bet Starswirl the Bearded had the same kind of organization system that Twilight does! Yep, here we go! I wonder if this will get me a kiss of thanks? Ooooh, that tingle along my back was about the sun coming up and saying hi to Twilight.

Pinkie stood next to the young lad as Twilight quickly read the paper that the earth pony had found. As the wind picked up, Pinkie had a flash of panic burst from her center. When the pale-lavender light disappeared, she bit her lip in worry, checking on the lad beside her only to slap on a reassuring grin when the boy looked back. The anxious mare shifted in place, ears trained to where she had last seen her special somepony.

She… couldn’t have messed up the spell. I didn’t get the feeling she messed up, there’s no sign she messed up. In fact, she has to actually do this in order to keep the universe in tact. There’s… There’s no way she isn’t coming back. She’s coming back…

When the whirlwind picked back up, setting the loose books and scrolls into motion, the two waiting beings became tense, watching the center of light carefully. The crackle of energy and magic set both on edge, their senses almost overloading from the sensation, though they didn’t move from their spot. When Twilight reappeared, her warning trailing off in disbelief, she locked eyes with her marefriend and released her breath. Pinkie watched concerned as the unicorn raved about how she was the cause of another week of stress for herself. As soon as Twilight stopped moving, she moved forward to rub reassuringly to the tense librarian. Pinkie’s touch elicited a giggle, the sound echoing in the earth pony’s ears while her own mounting anxiety floated away.

Laughter is the best medicine in the world! Things will be just fine now. And I’ll make sure of it!

Together the three beings left the specially locked wing of the archives and began to exit through more normal means. Just as Twilight was shutting the gate with her magic, the light-gray guard from earlier that day appeared.

“Hey Twilight, are you guys done with the special wing?” The unicorn smiled at the lavender mare. Twilight laughed lightly and scratched at her head.

“Yes, we’re done. Sorry if we caused any trouble Honor Guard.” Twilight used a touch of magic to repair her mane with a bashful grin. “How have you been doing since I left Canterlot?”

“A lot easier now that I’m not watching for any studyholic unicorns who couldn’t wait for the archives to open in the morning.” Honor Guard smirked at the librarian who blushed and ducked her head. “What about you? I see you still have Spike with you, but who’s this lovely mare?”

Spike giggled at being remembered while Pinkie wore a grin that was stretched almost too wide. She zipped up, putting her right hoof out for a hoofshake.

“Hi! My name’s Pinkie Pie and I’m dating the most awesome mare ever!” In the middle of shaking hooves with the unicorn, Pinkie reached out with her other hoof to pull the lavender mare closer. She gave Twilight a nuzzle, her smile taking on a warmer quality, while the bookworm blushed furiously.

“Heh heh, yes, who knew that by going to Ponyville almost two years ago I would find my special somepony?” The librarian nuzzled back before taking the lead once more.

Pinkie watched her marefriend walk on, trying to comfort Spike who rested on her back, before looking to the stallion who smiled at the news.

“That’s great. You were always focused on your studies, me and the other guys were taking bets that you’d never get your nose out of the books. Guess we owe Shining Armor a lot of bits.” The two unicorns laughed at this, though Twilight broke off early and looked away from the other ponies.

“Ha ha… Yes, well, uhm, I better get Spike some medicine before we start heading back to Ponyville…” Purple orbs glanced upwards then back to the silent pink mare who was trailing behind them. “Are you ok Pinkie? You’ve been kind of quiet…”

Pinkie shook herself, lifting all four hooves off the ground as she did. Landing with clear eyes and a bright grin, she reassured the purple unicorn, waving a hoof wildly. “Oh, you bet I am! I just may need some cupcakes or a good nap, or even better some cuddles, and I’ll be right as rain in a thunderstorm on a wide open grass plain!”

The two unicorns stared at the earth pony with confusion for a moment. Twilight then relaxed with a wide smirk and shook her head.

“I think I could use some cuddle time too. Alright, I’ll take Spike to get some stomach medicine while you get a cupcake or two. Then we’ll meet you at the castle gates?” Twilight paused in her trek, wanting to head home quickly to get to that last option suggested by her special somepony.

“You betcha my little star! We’ll see one another real soon!” Pinkie waved her left forehoof while she stood next to the guard who watched the exchange with a happy smirk. As soon as Twilight was out of sight around the corner, Pinkie turned to the stallion who looked back with a warm smile.

“Did you need help finding the kitchens Ms. Pie?” Honor Guard pointed to the hallway away from the direction Twilight had gone.

He froze a second later however when his personal space was invaded by an intense pink face. Pinkie was scowling as fiercely as she could muster after a week of no sleep, staring deeply into his golden-brown eyes. Her tone of voice was low, which wasn’t very low at all, as she spoke as seriously as she could.

“I’m only gonna say this one time, you better watch your step Buster Brown! My little star is MY little star.” Pinkie began to poke at his golden armored chest, making a tiny tinks with each tap. “It’s perfectly fine to be amazed from afar. But don’t try to get close cuddling times, they are my close cuddling times. Specials hugs just for me. No soup for you!”

The guardstallion raised a single brow at the high pitched ranting as Pinkie continued describing what was ‘hers’. The comments and comparisons began to go over his head, since he could hardly keep up with the speed of the speech let alone what she was trying to compare it all to. By the time Pinkie was wrapping up, she stood on hooftips, staring down at the stallion as she gave one last warning.

“Twilight is off the table, even if she never really was on a table. And I’m the one who got there first. So don’t try, because I’ll be there to cover your eyes with cupcakes for looking too long.” Pinkie floated there, right eyelid twitching before she began to squint at the light-gray pony. “Got the memo?”

The hyper mare didn’t wait for a response, flouncing away with a happy hum, her mood lifted after warning the encroaching stallion away. She didn’t bother going to the kitchen for cupcakes. Her body craved the feel of purple fur against her own, a different kind of remedy that cupcakes just couldn’t supply.

I think that has taken care of that. No pony is going to take my star away from me, not as long as either of us live. Hmm, my Pinkie Senses are telling me that they are already waiting at the gates, I better pick up the pace!

The pink earth pony wasted little time appearing beside her marefriend. Twilight barely flinched at the sudden appearance and merely gave the mare a one hoofed hug. Pinkie took a deep breath of the librarians scent as she savored the feel of the lavender hoof around her shoulders.

Hmmmmmm, yes, this is where I belong. We better hurry to that train, not sure if I can hold back these hooves from huggin’!

With an airy laugh, Pinkie grabbed Twilight’s neck and raced forward, jerking both the unicorn and her passenger. They also chuckled at the action, though Spike’s ended in a bit of a groan, making the two mares laugh further. The hyperactive pony managed to time her run perfectly with the train about to leave, rushing the three of them into a compartment. Twilight couldn’t hold back her amusement and soon had her mare in a tight hug. Pinkie certainly didn’t mind, returning the embrace with another mental sigh.

Yes, this is just what we need after the past week. I’ll always be here for you Twilight, until the day my spirit is gone from the land…. Weird… My mane is feeling a little off balanced...

Author's Note:

Thanks to Gwg and Shutup688 for editing this and for being patreons on my Patreon Account.

Want faster uploads of my stories? Consider please, becoming a patreon yourself!

... And yes, it was a very Pinkie Pie chapter based on the very Twilight episode.