• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 584 Views, 15 Comments

The snow mare - pegasis23



In this story,Snowdrop and her husband,Thunder Wave have a baby. A baby with special powers.

  • ...
3
 15
 584

Chapter 8 ~Crystal Mirror~

Winter fell out of the mirror and fell onto a sea of.....stars? Winter looked about in earnest,taking in her surroundings. 'Strange.'Winter thought as she wandered about.

Winter was about to return when Winter caught a reflection of herself in it. Her platinum and white mane was flowing,just like her mother's mane always did and gleaming white wings adorned her back. Winter was an alicorn.

"Is that really me?"Winter said aloud in disbelief as another voice answered her.

"It is indeed , you."The voice echoed around,the tone soothing and familiar.

"Auntie Luna?W...What?But I'm not asleep! What are you doing here?"Winter gaped at her aunt's presence.

"True that you are not asleep,but I'm here to help you make your choice. Sunset had made hers;to stay in the alternate dimension. And now,it is your turn."Luna solemnly joined her niece's side.

"In this dimension,you could be with me forever and you could be an alicorn ,with powers that surpass your mother and wings that could bring you higher than the clouds or you could return to your original dimension as you had always been in with no change.Choose wisely,Winter."Luna continued,striking a hoof over the smooth surface to reveal the throne room Winter had been in from before.

"Never mind about me,what about Sunset Shimmer?"Winter asked worriedly,earning a tired smile from her aunt.

"Oh,Winter Snow,you and your selfless spirit. In my opinion,Sunset had chosen badly. Sunset had left behind her magic and her old morals for another life beyond the mirror. The world she is in is much more corrupt than yours and I fear it may ultimately lead to her undoing. Other than that,I believe that she will be alright.Now,which do you choose?"Luna replied.

Winter was stuck between the two decisions.

"Will you come back?"Winter asked softly ,making Luna shake her head.

"I will not be able to join you on the other side,but the other me in your dimension will come back eventually,may be in a thousand years,or two."Luna shrugged.

Winter hugged Luna before pulling back to kiss Luna on the cheek,"Auntie Luna,thank you. As much as I love to stay with you forever,my mom needs me,and I have many things ahead of me. Like a partner-No Winter,let me tell you a few things. I can see the future,but I highly doubt you would have anything but a normal life. "

Winter stared at Luna curiously as Luna went on,"Your biological mother and King Sombra has seen to that aspect that you would not be like anypony else. Your power over ice and snow would only grow stronger but fear and anger would be your enemy,since we had managed to interrupt their operation to turn you against us. Both of the ponies,Snowdrop and King Sombra were conspiring to make you a killing machine but you could see that they were unsuccessful. Your time of ascension will come,not now but eventually. The power of turning ponies into alicorns rests on my sister,Princess Celestia and your Destiny."

"My......Destiny?"Winter looked down before glancing at her wings and ethereal mane,"My Destiny to be powerful and all that?"

Luna nodded,"Yes,one Destiny I am sure you would be able to fulfill.You must hurry,the gateway is about to close and I doubt you would want to stay with me and leave Princess Celestia by herself." A twinkle of amusement flashed through Luna's eyes as Winter got ready to go back.

"I'll see you again,won't I?"Winter asked as Luna smiled and nodded.

"Good enough for me.Bye,Auntie Luna!Allon-sy!"Winter smiled as she went back to her dimension and as she made it through the other side,the mirror gave a flash and it was closed.

Author's Note:

Yeah,this maybe a little on the short side,but it will have to do. *sigh...** Anyone caught the Doctor Who reference?:rainbowwild: Oh whale,see ya around! I wrote 2 chapters to compensate for the long time I was away on exams and I'll try not to write this short in the future. Pinkie Pro- you know what?I think I'll stick to normal promises,it's creepy to see Pinkie Pie popping out of nowhere and growling,"FOREVER!"