• Published 13th Dec 2013
  • 1,142 Views, 120 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Paranoia - forevertheDoctor

  • ...
9
 120
 1,142

A crooked soul

The TARDIS groaned as the engine pumped to send it through time. Ditzy's mane was whisked to the side and she smiled. The TARDIS never failed to amaze her. When the TARDIS came to a stop, Ditzy was not eager to step out of the safety of the TARDIS. Ditzy felt the Doctor next to her, his warmth consoling her. Ditzy took a shaky breath and trotted outside to the building that haunted her. The smell of chemicals was overpowering, and Ditzy could only imagine the abominations created here. One of those abominations being her. The Doctor picked up the journal he had been reading before and flipped through the pages. He came across a picture of the creature that had stalked Ditzy and given her nightmares.
"This is it. We finally find out what those things are, and how to get them to leave us alone." said the Doctor. Ditzy nodded firmly. It was time to end this. The description on the page read; "Lately we have been experimenting with souls. We tried to create a remedy to help ponies tame their emotions. To help stop a hurting in their heart that average scientific concoctions fail to sooth. We failed. We instead created a creature of nightmares. It is a virus that infects wounds that go deeper than just flesh and bone. It is a creature that infects wounds of the soul, emotional wounds. We refer to somepony with wounds in the soul as 'crooked'. It will literally feast off of a pony's heartbreak. It will kill you inside. So, my little ponies, stay strong. And as for those who are crooked, like me, I am deeply sorry, I truly am. I am so sorry...my sweet Bonna-" The rest was illegible, for blood was caked over the rest of the page. Ditzy was on the verge of tears and the Doctor cringed.
"That... doesn't sound good." said the Doctor. Ditzy was doing her best to avoid crying.
"I'm...crooked? But why? Is it my eyes?" asked Ditzy. Against her will, she shed a tear. A small, crooked tear.
"No, no. I believe it may have something to do with your confidence. You literaly have no self esteem." said the Doctor softly. Ditzy thought about this.
"What about you, Doctor?" asked Ditzy. The Doctor winced. The last thing he wanted was to delve into his past.
"When you're as old as me... you can't help but have a crooked heart." said the Doctor. That was all he said. Ditzy cocked her head. As old as him? But he is so young...Ditzy's ear pricked up when she heard a suction noise she knew all too well. The Doctor and Ditzy spun their heads around and saw the creature. And not just one, but three. Three creatures that were through with playing games and wanted blood. The blood of a crooked pony.

Author's Note:

Chapter 16 complete. Oh noes teh ending cometh!!! Lololol jk the next story in the series will be published by the end of winter break, i think. It will be called "shattered" pls tell me how you have enjoyed the story thus far positive and negative comments welcome. :3