• Published 12th Dec 2013
  • 1,867 Views, 49 Comments

Sherlock Holmes: A Most Peculiar Case - LeenaWrites



Sherlock and Watson are transported to Equestria, where they stumble across a case steeped in magic, lies and death.

  • ...
1
 49
 1,867

Chapter Four

Watson could hardly think to move. His breath came in shallow, shaky gasps. All he could do was sit in silence and stare at the strange appendages that now belonged to him. The clumsy hooves, the equine limbs, the soft yellow fur that covered his body where all undoubtedly, impossibly, his.

John couldn't even begin to process it. It was so utterly impossible and strange and wrong. It simply couldn't be real.

"No. No no, this is not happening. I... I'm dreaming, I've been drugged..." he murmured as calmly as he could muster, his voice cracking in his throat as he tried to explain this, to himself more than anyone. The purple pony lay her ears to the sides, looking distressed, almost sympathetic towards his plight. She spoke, pity shining deeply in those massive, sparkling eyes.

"Sir, please try to calm down."

"Calm down?" Watson forced out a weak, dry laugh, unable to look her in the face, "I'm completely calm. Never been better. I've been drugged, that's all! That is the only logical explanation." He laughed again, this time a bit more hysterically. The winged unicorn frowned with concern as he sat there, trying his best to rationalize this very odd turn of events. His mind traveled back through every medical journal he had ever seen, straining to remember the effects of hallucinogenic drugs. Hundreds of half remembered articles on the subject flashed through his head as he dug deeper and deeper for the truth he sought.

The lavender pony refused to be shaken off so easily.

"Sir, please," she pleaded, "You haven't been drugged, you're just confused. Listen, I can help you if you'd just..." her voice trailed off and her expression grew disgruntled.

"You're not listening to a word I'm saying, are you?" She asked, with no reply. Watson felt it best, since it didn't make much sense to talk to your hallucinations. But his 'hallucination' wasn't about to give up.

She took a deep, calming breath and tried again. "Sir, be mature about this. Ignoring me won't make me disappear and you know it." Naturally, Watson continued to ignore her. Although, her maturity comment did cause him to bristle a bit.

I'm not being immature, I'm being reasonable. He thought to himself, stubbornly, Talking to my own imagination isn't going to get me anywhere.

The lavender mare, however, only grew more irritated.

She marched right up to Watson and planted herself directly in front of him, her stance wide and solid, her frowning muzzle about six inches away from his face. Needless to say, it was uncomfortable to have her so close. He leaned backwards a bit, but her face followed his. He tried to move away from her, but this was easier said than done, considering he had no idea how move properly as a pony. The best he could manage was an ineffective wiggling, kicking motion that only brought more discomfort on his part. With a little irritated grunt, he gave in and spoke to her.

"Um, a little space if you don't mind?" he asked, giving her a tense, thin smile.

Her eyes where insistent and fierce as she looked him square in the eyes, almost angrily. "Sir, you have not been drugged," she forcefully stated, moving even closer, "This is real, I am real and you are, at the moment, a pony, regardless of what you were previously. The sooner you come to terms with that, the easier all of this will be."

After a second or so of shocked silence, Watson lay his ears to the sides with an awkward twitch, growing more frustrated.

"Do you actually expect me to believe you?" he said, anger seeping into his voice. "You're a bloody talking horse, for Christ's sake! You're like something out of some silly little fairy tale and most certainly not something that can exist in the real world. And for the record, I am not a pony. I cannot be a pony. A physical transformation of that magnitude is utterly impossible, even with modern science."

"What are you talking about?! Transformation magic, though uncommon, is far from out of reach by the common unicorn!"

"MAGIC. ISN'T. REAL."

The pony let out a long, exasperated sigh and rubbed her temples with her hooves.

"Fine," she said, in an irritated manner, "then why don't you just relax?"

"Excuse me?"

"Roll with it. Just give in. Even if you refuse to believe me and still think this is an illusion of some kind, what's the harm in playing along?"

Watson sat there for a quiet moment, blinked, then looked up at her slowly, begrudgingly. She made a good point. He couldn't just sit here for hours, blocking everything out. But he wasn't so sure he wanted to just 'play along' with something like... this. He slowly mulled it over, rolling the idea about it his brain and weighing out his options while the winged unicorn watched intently.

The 2 minutes ticked by.

Then five.

Well... it would pass the time at least


"Alright..." the yellow stallion muttered, much to Twilight's relief and delight.

She had hated getting so sharp with him, to be honest. But, now she didn't have to be!

Finally, he would give her answers! He could tell her about the anomaly, he could tell her about where he came from, who he was! The whole prospect was so exciting, should couldn't contain herself. Her whole body filled with excited tension, as if she were about to take a giant leap into the air. Her ears perked up, her wings flared open in her excitement, the pain of her previous flight momentarily dwarfed by her intellectual joy. Twilight's eyes lit up as she flashed him an massive, friendly smile.

"Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou!!" she squealed, bouncing up and down with excitement. That is, until she spotted the very odd expression on the stallion's face. She froze in place, then quickly smoothed out her mane and cleared her throat with a tiny 'ahem'. She had to talk to him, be his friend, not freak out and make him even more uncomfortable.

Okay. I'll start with the basics.

Twilight smiled once again, this time in a more restrained manner, and said, "Well, I guess some introductions are in order! My name is Twilight Sparkle."

The pony gave her a small, guarded, and tentative smile

"John. John Watson."

Alright, this is great progress! Twilight thought, trying hard to control her glee. What should I ask him next? Should I ask about his species, if he has a different one? His home? How advanced technology is where he's from? She giggled in excitement, eliciting another odd expression from the confused stallion.

And that's when she suddenly remembered. How could she have forgotten? Watson wasn't the only thing to come through The Crack...

Oh, I may want to bring up that other stallion lying behind him.

Wait... did he just move?

"Um, John..."


"Watson?" a deep, familiar voice called out., effectively interrupting Twilight.

John's ears moved quickly to pick up the sound as his stomach filled with ice. His pupils shrank in disbelief. He knew that voice beyond the shadow of a doubt. The voice that patronized him, laughed with him, the voice that spoke a million miles an hour when deducing. A voice that he could scarcely believe he was hearing. Watson slowly turned his head

Laying on the ground was a grey unicorn stallion with thick, curly black hair. His eyes were a familiar, electric shade of blue, his expression was both remarkably calm and slightly panicked, and around his neck was a certain blue scarf. His limbs where also tangled in a massive black coat, the one Watson had seen day after day draped over a certain detective's shoulders. Yes, he knew who this pony was. He sure as hell didn't want to say it, but he knew who this pony was.

"Sh-Sherlock?"

"It's about time you noticed I was here." Sherlock muttered, sounding both relived and a bit irritated, "I've been listening to you whining for ten minutes. I was getting bored."

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy the newest update!
Yes, our favorite sociopath is finally back in the game! What shall he do? Where will the story progress from here?
Only time will tell... :pinkiecrazy: