• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 1,599 Views, 79 Comments

Just Another Day - Friendship is Magic



One of the cutie mark Crusades has a big surprise install for them. And what will happen when 6 special ponies are thrust together into a world of chaos? Will they be able to fend for themselves? And will they ever be able to get back home.

  • ...
2
 79
 1,599

Chapter 10: A New Home

When Scootaloo woke up she saw that Rainbow was talking to, what looked like a doctor.

"Are you sure that there isn't anything that you can do doc?" Asked Rainbow.

"I already told you, whatever your sister is going though she needs to work it out by herself. I can't just give something to someone to make them stop having dreams.

Rainbow sighed and looked back at her sister. She walked over and sat down at the chair next to the bed, not realising that Scootaloo was awake.

"I can recommend somepony for you though, she specialises in helping pony's get over traumatic events and help let them live their live's to the fullest. Rainbow looked back up at the doctor with hopeful eye's.

"Yes, thank you. That would be great." Rainbow looked away from the doctor. "How much?"

The doctors smile he had been wearing when he saw Rainbow cheer up, vanished. "500 bits an hour." He replied sadly.

Rainbows head snapped back to look at the doctor. "What?! I don't have that much money." Rainbow looked at the doctor sadly. "Isn't there any other way?"

"I'm afraid not." Replied the stallion.

Rainbow looked at the ground for a moment before returning her gaze to Scootaloo. "Well I guess I'm going to have to start to sell some thing. I'm sure that somepony would buy some of the things I have."

The doctor looked away. He hated it when he had to bring bad news. "If that's all Miss Dash, I've got other patients I need to attend to." Rainbow nodded, so the doctor slowly walked out of the room. As he was leaving he turned back around to see that Rainbow had dropped her head into her hoofs and was quietly crying. When the doctor saw this he had to hold back tears of his own. He left the room with a heavy heart.

When Rainbow and Scootaloo left the hospital, Rainbow was looking very depressed. "Whats wrong Rainbow?"

Rainbow sighed. "How would you like it if we moved in with Applejack for a while?"

Scootaloo looked confused. "But why would we do that?"

Rainbow looked at her sister. "Don't worry about that squirt. But you haven't answered my question.

Scootaloo looked down, deep in thought. "I would be able to see Applebloom everyday. And their house is pretty big. Yeah, I wouldn't mind it. But you still haven't answered my question." Scootaloo looked up at her sister at that last part.

"I'll tell you later." Rainbow promised. "But first lets go and talk to Applejack." Scootaloo sighed.

They found Applejack at her house resting in the shade of one of the many apple trees. "Howdy there Rainbow." She saw the look on Rainbows face. "What's up sugar cube, what happened?"

"Could I talk with you alone for a moment?" Rainbow looked at Scootaloo. Scootaloo sighed and walked over to another apple tree and sat down under it.

"Whatcha' want to talk about?" Applejack asked.

"We need a place to stay for a while, I'm going to sell my house because I need the money to pay for something."

Applejack looked at Rainbow in surprise before saying. "If you'll need money that much Ah can lend you some."

Rainbow was shaking her head before Applejack had finished. "That's nice of you to offer but we're going to need a lot."

"Eeh, how much we talkin' bout' here?" Applejack asked

Rainbow dash lowered her head. "Scootaloo has to see a therapist and she charges 500 bits an hour."

Applejack whistled softly. "That's a lot of bits right there. Are you sure you can pay for all of it."

Rainbow raised her head a little so she was looking at Applejack. "No, but I have to try."

Applejack raised Rainbows head so they were at eye level. "Your more than welcome here sugar cube. If there is anything, and ah mean anything that ah can do to help, you let me know straight away, Ok."

Rainbow started tearing up. "Ok." Was all she said before she wrapped Applejack up into a hug, while trying to suppress her tears. Applejack returned the hug warmly.

Scootaloo chose that moment to return, she started trotting over to the two mares. Rainbow disentangled herself from Applejack and whispered. "Scootaloo doesn't know, so please don't tell anypony."

"Don't worry, ah promise."

"We're going to be living at Applejack house for a while now Scoots." Said Rainbow as she came closer.

"Cool, now I can play with Applebloom every single day." Scootaloo responded cheerfully.

"Ah think she's upstairs now if you want to go and see her." Said Applejack.

Scootaloo inhaled quickly before running off towards the barn.

"Can ah tell the rest of the girls Dash?" Applejack asked when Scootaloo was out of earshot.

"Sure, their going to find out pretty soon after I sell my house. It's probably better that their told and don't just find out, they might think I don't trust them." Rainbow responded before starring at the ground.

Applejack looked at her friend with sad eye's. "You're welcome to stay for as long as you need." Rainbow thanked Applejack before slowly trotting of towards the barn to look for Scootaloo.

Rainbow found Scootaloo in Appleblooms room. "Hey Scoots, I'm going out. I'll catch you later."

Scootaloo looked up and was about to responded before Applebloom butted in. "Are you'll really goin' to be staying with us, here at the barn."

Rainbow smiled. "Yeah, we'll be staying here for a while."

Appleblooms eye's widened when she heard Rainbow. "This is goin' be amazing. Come on Scoots let's go get our cutie marks." Scootaloo quickly followed Applebloom out the door. Rainbow was left standing in the doorway by herself.

She then closed Appleblooms door and walked out if the barn and took off into the air back towards to the hospital, to find out more about the therapist that Scootaloo was going to see the next couple of weeks.

"I wonder if I'll have enough to pay her after I sell my house?" Thought Rainbow to herself as she flew towards the hospital.