• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 1,599 Views, 79 Comments

Just Another Day - Friendship is Magic



One of the cutie mark Crusades has a big surprise install for them. And what will happen when 6 special ponies are thrust together into a world of chaos? Will they be able to fend for themselves? And will they ever be able to get back home.

  • ...
2
 79
 1,599

Chapter 2: A Wonderful Surprise

A Wonderful Surprise

"You know," Rainbow Dash started to say when the sun was setting. "If you wanna, we could do things like this more often."

Scootaloo immediately looked up the larger pegisi with wide eyes. "Really?" Said an astonished Scootaloo, she had assumed that this was a one time thing.

"Really, really." Replied Rainbow. Scootaloo thought to herself yet again that this was the best day of her life. "Come on, Scoots. You can sleep with me tonight if you want to."

Scootaloo looked up at Rainbow Dash before bursting into tears again. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Sobbed the young filly.

Rainbow carried the still crying filly back into her house and gently set her down on a cloud bed. Rainbow Dash lied down next to the crying filly for a couple of hours, and waited for the her to stop crying and and fall to sleep. When she was sure that Scoots was asleep she started making a cloud staircase from her floating house to the ground so the filly could reach the ground herself if Rainbow wasn't there to help her. After that was complete she went to head off to make sure that Scootaloo's parents knew what was happening and then realised that she was an orphan. Rainbow Dash felt herself about to cry once more but forced the tears back yet again.

Scootaloo was an orphan, her parents had died in a terrible cart accident just after she had been born. Scootaloo had grown up never knowing her parents, or any family members for that matter. When Scootaloo's parents died, Scootaloo had no other family members so Scootaloo had been sent to the orphanage. She had lived her whole life in that orphanage, aside from the times she had been offered shelter in one of her friend's houses. But to make matters worse, Scootaloo would never be able to fly. She had a condition with her wings that made it impossible to fly. Her wings were so small, and the muscles surrounding the wings were very weak, so Scootaloo's only dream to become like her idol Rainbow Dash had been destroyed. Rainbow always had a spot in her heart for the young filly because of all the things that she had been though and yet still was happier than most of the other filly's and colts her age. Rainbow couldn't imagine what it would be like to grow up never knowing who your parents were or what they did for a living. Every time Rainbow thought of this it made her feel sad for Scootaloo but also for the parents that were killed in the accident just after Scootaloo was born. Rainbow had considered adopting the young filly but thought otherwise after she realised that she had no experience doing that type of stuff, so she had settled for watching over the young filly as she grew older. But now as Rainbow was thinking this a thought popped into her head. She went back inside and looked at the orange filly ball on her bed and thought. "How hard could it be?"

When Scootaloo woke up she found a very nervous looking Rainbow Dash waiting for her at the kitchen table. Scootaloo got worried that something might have happened. She forced herself up off the bed and sat in a chair next to Rainbow. Rainbow turned to look at Scootaloo sitting next to her and tried to work out how she would start it. "Ahhh, Scoots."

"Yeah Rainbow, is something wrong?"

Rainbow took in a deep breath. "What's it like being an orphan?"

Scootaloo looked at her for a second before the realisation of what she said hit. Scootaloo's head immediately dropped to the ground before mumbling something. Rainbow had to strain her ears to listen but still only understood a few words. "Just wish....parents....want someone....look after me."

Rainbow filled in the blanks and turned to Scootaloo, Rainbow raised Scootaloo's head so that she was looking directly at her and said. "How would you like me to look after you?"

Scootaloo eyes got a hopeful look as she asked. "Do you mean, like..... adoption?"

Rainbow smiled warmly at Scootaloo before saying. "Yeah, that's exactly what I mean."

Rainbow Dash was knocked off her chair by another hug from Scootaloo. Even though Rainbow thought it was impossible at this point, Scootaloo started crying yet again.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

This time Rainbow didn't even try to hold the tears back, they both cried into each other. They stayed like that for hours, Scootaloo's whole body being racked from her heavy sobs while Rainbow's tears were gently streaming down her face.

Author's Note:

I hope you are all likening the story so far.
I promise I'll get to the other ponies soon.