• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 1,599 Views, 79 Comments

Just Another Day - Friendship is Magic



One of the cutie mark Crusades has a big surprise install for them. And what will happen when 6 special ponies are thrust together into a world of chaos? Will they be able to fend for themselves? And will they ever be able to get back home.

  • ...
2
 79
 1,599

Prologue

Just Another Day

It seemed like just a normal day for Applebloom. She struggled to get up from her bed and get ready for school on time; she couldn't find all the things needed to go into her saddlebag, or her actual saddlebag for that matter.
Applejack came into Applebloom's room 10 minutes before school started to find a very frustrated Applebloom looking for her saddlebag. "Watcha' doin' there Sugar Cube? School starts in ten minutes."

Applebloom stopped her frantic searching long enough to look up to Applejack and take in a deep breath."Ah'm about to be late for school, ah can't find my saddlebag, Ah'm still tired from last night because ah didn't get a very good sleep, Ah've got lots of homework that ah need to do but don't have the time because ah'ma too busy helping you'll on the farm and ah still haven't got my CUTIE MARK." Applebloom let out the breath she had been holding.

Applejack smiled at her sister in amusement, and then took in her own deep breath. "Applebloom you still have plenty of time to get ready for school, ah saw your saddlebag on top of a chair downstairs, you're only tired because you decided that it would be fun to have a Cutie Mark Crusades meeting last night. If you want, you can always tell us that you have homework to do and you won't have to do as many chores, and as I've told you before, you will get your cutie mark when you get it. You just can't force it."

Applebloom looked at her sister for a second with a puzzled expression before bolting down the stairs to retrieve her saddlebag. Applejack smiled to herself before casually trotting down the stairs and out into the yard to begin her long day of work on the farm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Sweetie Belle, today seemed like the worst of days. Sweetie woke up late and was already late for school. Rarity was yelling at Sweetie Belle to hurry up even though she already was. She forgot to study last night because Applebloom decided to call a Cutie Mark Crusades meeting last night, and she hadn't even had the time this morning to try something different to get her cutie mark.

"WHY AREN'T YOUR READY YET!?" Rarity yelled at Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle decided not to grace Rarity with an answer, instead she continued to stuff things into her saddlebag while trying to eat a bowl of cereal at the same time. This resulted with cereal and milk covering the floor and a very untidy saddlebag.

"HURRY UP!" Yelled Rarity at Sweetie Belle.

"Ok, ok, I'm leaving. See you tonight sis." Sweetie Belle said as she unceremoniously bolted out the front door to get to school, but mainly to shut Rarity up. When she was gone, Rarity collapsed on the couch thinking to herself how Sweetie Belle got so lazy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scootaloo woke up thinking that this would be an amazing day. She was ready for school on time for once, she remembered everything to take to school and she even amazed herself when she got a few hours of study in after the Cutie Mark Crusades meeting last night. Scootaloo was ready so early that she had time to go down and watch Rainbow Dash practice her new moves.

Scootaloo admires Rainbow Dash in every single way. She wishes that she would be like her some day. The second the thought popped into her head, Scootaloo sadly looked behind her at her wings and realised once again that she could never be like Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo had never flown before and probably never would because her wings were too small too carry her weight. Scootaloo felt tears swelling in her eyes and quickly brushed them away before her idol saw her crying, not that Rainbow was paying any attention to her, she was too busy focusing on her new tricks to even know that she was being watched. With a heavy heart, Scootaloo turned around and slowly started heading towards her school, but brightened up as soon as she saw her best friends Applebloom and Sweetie Belle talking around the playground.

Author's Note:

This is my first story, so please no unnecessary hate.
Thanks