• Published 9th Dec 2013
  • 424 Views, 12 Comments

The Tale Of Teal - Marx T



First attempt at writing. This is about a new pony who comes to Ponyville. (A random OC I made up, Sorry if it has been done, just didn't look it up.)

  • ...
 12
 424

The Party

"So, have you ever been to a party before?" Asked Dash

"Naw, I've never even been outside!" I said, jokingly

"No, seriously. Have you been to a party or not?" Ask Dash, a bit more demanding.

"No, I've never been outside before. This is my first day ever being outside." I said in a more serious tone.

"Wait really?" She asked. "Why?"

"Because my parents said it was against the law for any pony under the age of 18 to leave their home." I said.

"Err,against the law?" She said. "Where are you from again?" She asked.

"I'm from Canterlot, isn't it illegal there, or am I mistaken?" I asked.

"I don't think so, but I'll ask Twilight, she'd know." She said

"I KNOW!!!" Shouted Pinkie, luckily this time no pony was around.

"Stop shouting Pinkie," Dash said, "You know what?"

"I know that it isn't against the law in Canterlot!" She said, proudly.

"Well then," Dash said facing me. "looks like your parents lied."

"I wonder why they lied, it's not like I'm a danger or anything." I said. Why would my parents lie to me? I didn't do anything wrong..

"Well, that doesn't matter anymore, you're outside now and that is all that matters." She said, trying to cheer me up.

"Well, I guess your right." I said. "How much longer till Apple Jack's farm?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Its right there!" She said, pointing directly ahead of us.

"Oh, cool." I said, "So who's going to be there?" I asked.

"Us, Spike, Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity. She answered as if I knew them.

"Uh, who are they?" I asked.

"My friends, they're cool." She replied "You'll like them."

We kept walked the rest of the rest of the way in silence, except Pinkie, who bounced in silence. We got to the door and Dash yelled.

"Hey, let us in! We got the new pony!"

"All right, calm down, I'll open the door." Said a southern voice from the other side.

The door opened and I saw the inside of the barn was filled with balloons and pieces of hay. There was a pretty big, circular table in the middle, with eight chairs. The table has a big cake in the middle and some plates with forks. The girl who opened it was wearing a cowboy hat and boots, I can only assume that's Applejack.

"Howdy, My name is Applejack, welcome to Ponyville... She said, making a gesture that looked like she wanted my name.

"Teal," I said, "The name is Teal."

"Howdy Teal, come on in." She said as she moved out of the way to let us in.

"Hey Teal!" The ponies at the table said in unison. All but one of them, the pink maned one didn't say anything, she just looked at the table. Her mane wasn't poofy like Pinkies, or as dark. Hers was straight and a lighter pink. She was probably just shy...

I started to worry, because I thought I was the only guy. I wasn't to comfortable talking with a group of all mares. Then I saw a guy, who looked like he was 13, sitting between the mare with purple hair, and the mare with purple hair but with a pink stripe going through it.

I walked over and took a seat in one of the chairs with no one on either side, so I wouldn't make anyone uncomfortable with a stranger next to them. Dash sat next to me and started to introduce me to every pony.

"Teal, these are my friends. "Fluttershy," she said pointing at the pink maned one. She responded by looking up a little bit and waved."Rarity," she said pointing to the purple maned one, who also waved. "Spike," pointing at the thirteen year old. "and Twilight." pointing at the mare with purple and pink mane. She waved.

"So what brings you to Ponyville Teal?" She asked.

"Well, I was finally old enough to move out of my parents place, so I came to Ponyville." I said.

"Why did you choose Ponyville of all places?" She asked, looking genuinely curious.

"I was reading about a few places, and this seemed like the most fun." I said.

"It is fun!" Said Pinkie.

"So where'd ya move to?" Twilight asked.

"One of those houses that look the same.." I said.

"Do you remember the address, so we could reach you if we needed to?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said as I handed her the same paper the mayor gave me." You can write it down, but I need it back." The second address is where I need to drop my rent off at, and the first is my place." She got out a pen and paper and wrote it down.

"Here," she said as she finished. Man, she writes fast.

"So, what do you think you'd want to do for a job now that your in Ponyville?" She asked.

"I've always wanted to be a DJ, I listen alot of DJ PON-3 and it seems like a really cool job." I said, sorta sounding like a fanboy.

"You do know that she lives in Ponyville right?" She asked.

"WHAAAAA???" I asked, completely shocked that I live so close to DJ-PON-3

"Yeah, Vinyl lives in ponyville, you can hear her music from my house!" She said.

"That's awesome." I said. I wanna meet her!

"Is your cutie mark something related to being a DJ or music?" She asked.

"No, I don't really know what my cutie mark is. It's just some symbol." I said.

"Can we see it?" She asked.

"Sure, I guess." I said as I pulled my left jacket sleeve up. It has a bracelet that has a symbol on it, which is my cutie mark. "There it is." I said as I showed them the symbol. Its a circle while eight arrows coming out of the sides, symmetrically.

"That looks like something that Zecora would have." Said Twilight. She noticed my confusion and said, "Oh, Zercora is our Zebra friend." "I'll look it up when I get home, mind if I take it?" She asked.

"Sure, I don't use it.." I said as I gave her the bracelet. "I want it back tomorrow, okay?" I said.

"Yeah, I'll give it back tomorrow, don't worry." She said.

"Teal, didn't you need something from Applejack anyways?" Asked Dash

"Oh yeah," I turned to Applejack, "You think I could buy some apples?" I asked. "My fridge isn't that full."

"Sure, I'll give ya a bag for free this time, but next time I need 15 bits." She said as she got up to grab a bag. Apparently she kept bags of apples in the farm.

"Thanks, but you sure you don't want me to pay for anything?" I asked.

"Nah, take em." She said as she tossed me the bag

"Thanks." I said.

"WHO WANTS CAKE!!!??" Shouted Pinkie Pie.

Everyone shook their heads in approval, so Pinkie began to cut the cake. "Teal should get the first slice." Said Twilight.

"I'm good with that." I said, cake did sound pretty good.

"Okay, here ya go Teal!" Pinkie said as she gave me a plate with a big piece of cake.

"Thanks Pinkie." I said.

"Twilight, what time is it?" I asked, "I need to get home by 11:30, want to get a good rest for tomorrow."

"Its 11:24, if you head home know, you can get home by then." She said.

"Oh, I was hoping to stay a bit longer, but I can't." I said, I do wish I could have stayed. "Thanks for the party everyone." I said as I walked out. "Bye!"

"Bye Teal!" Everyone said.

It was a fun night, met 7 friends on the first day, and they are all pretty cool. I hope we get to do something tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Kinda rushed towards the end, sorry. Wanted to finish the chapter but I had to do a bunch of crap. Hope yall like the chapter and the next chapter is going to be interesting :D